IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Match Day 4

havanatopia

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The first goal was a comedy of errors and a long lumped ball, the 2nd goal at least involved passing and not one tackle, piss poor closing down allowing a simple cross and Hunt had lost Assambalonga he didn't even know he was there until the wrestling match started and one man wanted it more and proved it by scoring, it was probably a foul but Hunt needed to do better and to be much stronger.

I know. I was there and still can't quite believe it. :noexp:

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The first goal was a comedy of errors and a long lumped ball, the 2nd goal at least involved passing and not one tackle, piss poor closing down allowing a simple cross and Hunt had lost Assambalonga he didn't even know he was there until the wrestling match started and one man wanted it more and proved it by scoring, it was probably a foul but Hunt needed to do better and to be much stronger.

I hadn't realised that Assambalonga was so short, until he squared up to Matty Taylor on Saturday and I realised they were pretty much the same height.  I'd always thought of him as a tall geezer, but he can't be more than 5'9.  Completely out-muscled Hunt though.

18 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You are correct and of course LJ must be shitting himself because this is one of the last games he would have chosen after our long poor run and poor start to the season.

Indeed, much better playing a lowly league one team at home.

Oh hang on.....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I hadn't realised that Assambalonga was so short, until he squared up to Matty Taylor on Saturday and I realised they were pretty much the same height.  I'd always thought of him as a tall geezer, but he can't be more than 5'9.  Completely out-muscled Hunt though.

He reminds me Jean Claude Darcheville, a right handful.

In his pomp he scored 94 goals in 230 games and made a whole lot more.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung

2 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

Heard that Opi Edwards is in the squad 

If true, that just about sums things up at the moment. Sign a plethora of wingers then add a development one to the 1st team squad. If he was good enough why sign all of the others?

If true, that just about sums things up at the moment. Sign a plethora of wingers then add a development one to the 1st team squad. If he was good enough why sign all of the others?

4 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I know it’s “New York, New York so good they named it twice”’ but this is a bit OTT

Edited by pongo88

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I'm intrigued how half the squad went up by train and the rest of them by team coach 

That seems VERY odd 

Can only assume they wanted to maintain the standard distance between our midfield and forward lines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I'm intrigued how half the squad went up by train and the rest of them by team coach 

That seems VERY odd 

This was pointed out to me earlier, I find this a very dangerous and potentially divisive thing to have allowed. Fair enough going home separately if visiting friends etc, but before a game.... All very odd 

I, for one, CANNOT see anything other than a first class display from Lee Johnson's BCFC team tonight.

QPR are not prepared for the cider-whirlwind that is about to hit West London.

Really embarrassing for QPR, but I am predicting a cricket score, lads.

Here we go:

QPR 1 - City 7.

All you Lee-knockers will be eating your words of late.

City 5-0 up at HT. Second string to play out the second half, with the R's getting a lucky late goal in injury time.

"Well done Lee".

:chant6ez:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ... said:

I, for one, CANNOT see anything other than a first class display from Lee Johnson's BCFC team tonight.

Here we go:

QPR 1 - City 7.

City 5-0 up at HT. Second string to play out the second half, with the R's getting a lucky late goal in injury time.

"Well done Lee".

you clearly have not watched any of our 4 games this season... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Anyone else got an odd feeling that LJ may already be half out the door?  Holden' s pre match interview sounded more like that of a Head Coach, whereas LJ's last interview almost appeared to be a 'back me with more money (not happened as far as we know re any loan coming in) or sack me'

Don't think things are too happy behind the scenes with LJ

But guess most if not all of you suspect I am seeing trouble where there isn't any

anyone know whether SL will be at tonight's game?

****-no.

14 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

That seems VERY odd 

If true, most worrying. Really inexplicable given need for team morale and togetherness.  Unless of course it was Lee travelling by train on his own

Just now, Ivorguy said:

If true, most worrying. Really inexplicable given need for team morale and togetherness.  Unless of course it was Lee travelling by train on his own

Out of courtesy, I have reported your post above to the mods for Johnson-bashing.

It's COMPLETELY inappropriate to suggest unaccompanied minors should be allowed to travel up to London on their own.

:nono:

2 minutes ago, ... said:

Slight thread drift .............

What is the finest crisp flavour to have in a crisp sandwich?

Cheers.

Quorn ham and salt and vinegar McCoys. Pure sex.

LJ's threshing machine 5-1 Shithouse cockney *******

Coach, train. Whatever.  They should be made to rapell from Hueys into the centre circle  whilst 'Ride of the Valkyries' is pumped out of massive speakers.  That would put the fear of god into the opposition.

(Mowing the opposition down during warmup from the helicopters might not hurt our chances elither)

Edited by RumRed

2 hours ago, Super said:

Talksport saying Mcclaren could be sacked if they lose tonight, He is lucky they are playing us.

Both sets of fans could be singing "you'll be sacked in the morning".

Also both sets of fans  could be singing it about their own manager/head coach! 

1 hour ago, ... said:

Here we go:

QPR 1 - City 7.

"Well done Lee".

Ah, but you are not allowing for the fact that 5-0 would be a very dangerous scoreline for us!

Just now, billywedlock said:

Many players posted on social media about their train journey. Coach (not LJ) then picked them up and took to Loftus R. Bit weird yes, must just be more comfortable on GWR new trains. 

They are nice trains, and Matty looked quite cosy!

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

Matty Taylor for 90 minutes. Yay

Huge chance for him.  Thought he was poor Saturday, but wish him all the best tonight.  City career changer / season changer?

Assuming will line-up as;

Mäenpää | Hunt Webster Kelly Pisano | Watkins Pack Brownhill Eliasson | Taylor Weimann

Watkins / Eliasson interchangeable.

Taylor Moore back on bench.

• Like 2

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

He wasn’t awful against Boro but he is too one footed to play LB. LJ is starting to irk me and I have been giving him the benefit of doubt for a long time

We all want to see LJ succeed but he does make it difficult.  Lets hope Pisano has a cracking match.

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He wasn’t awful against Boro but he is too one footed to play LB. LJ is starting to irk me and I have been giving him the benefit of doubt for a long time

Didnt even attempt to stop the cross for 2nd goal but i get your point about him playing LB another Johnson brain failure.

6 minutes ago, Wellspokenman said:

Another bingo ball team....

watkins ? Am I missing something with him ?

Let’s see how he performs in his Natural wide position first....assuming he is playing wide ?

Edited by Davefevs

Just now, hodge said:

Only thing I'd say is Taylor may do more defensive work

I'm prepared to write off Taylor. He's not good enough to play as a striker because his touch is **** and frequently he makes the wrong decisions. Movement and chasing the ball will not make up for him being a sub par footballer at this level technically.

Thanks for your service and move on. Cheers for the memories.