IGNORED

I Want Thorpe And Murray Back

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Whenever Thorpe, Murray, Tinnion and Bell played in the same side we were all over the opposition.. absolutely all over them..

Guest Tins4Gaffer
if we get promotion will u then want then back?

Definately.. I rate Thorpey as Premiership standard.. and Murray is so quick and dangerous that he'd give Maldini the fright of his life.. so yeah..

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Thorpe, Murray, Bell and Tinnion didn't play together once in the final third of the 00/01 season.. we dropped from joint 2nd to 9th in the final third.. we were 23rd after the first third of the season had gone.. that middle third of the 00/01 season was the best football I have ever seen at Ashton Gate by miles.. it was breathtaking and I was really excited for every game.. it's totally different now.. it's so unenthusiastic now.. I want the 00/01 season back.. it was ALOT more entertaining.. opposition managers were publicly saying that we were the best in the Division..

Thorpe is a class act and will play in the Prem..

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Even though Akinbiyi made the grade in Div 1??

Akinbiyi at least always looked motivated for us, used his pace well and was good in the air.

Guest Tins4Gaffer
Even though Akinbiyi made the grade in Div 1??

Akinbiyi at least always looked motivated for us, used his pace well and was good in the air.

True.. but he clearly wasn't as talented as Tony Thorpe.. Thorpey was/is a brilliant player..

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Thats obviously why Akinbymi made it to the premiership then?

Akinbiyi - just about the worst player to ever play in the Prem and I'm sure a nationwide poll would back me up..

Thorpey was a much better player when he was at Leicester playing League Cup matches in an attacking midfield role.. Akinbiyi couldn't even score for the reserves at Leicester while Thorpey was scoring goals for fun when he was 16 years old in Leicester reserves..

Akinbiyi couldn't even score for the reserves at Leicester while Thorpey was scoring goals for fun when he was 16 years old in Leicester reserves..

Let me get this straight. You're ignoring the fact that Akinbiyi has played at a higher level than Thorpe, you're ignoring the fact that Akinbiyi has had much bigger fees paid for him than Thorpe and you're ignoring the fact that everyone on here thinks the opposite to you. Instead you are basing your arguement on an alleged bid from Arsenal and the fact that (and I love this) Thorpe scored more for Leicester reserves than Ade....

Guest Tins4Gaffer

I'd much rather have Ade Akinbiyi in our side.. but Thorpe's the better footballer!

Just like I'd much rather have Scott Murray in our side.. but Wilkshire's the better footballer!

Guest Hodges17

Did I read that someone thinks Tony Thorpe is a Premiership standard player? Whoever said that obviously does a little too much :Cool27: and :Party3:

If Thorpe is a Premiership player, then so is Jamie Cureton.

Somehow,i think not.

I'd much rather have Ade Akinbiyi in our side.. but Thorpe's the better footballer!

Just like I'd much rather have Scott Murray in our side.. but Wilkshire's the better footballer!

What a load of rubbish!

Murray is slightly better but a different sort of player than wilkshire and Akinbuyi was by far better than thorpe! they both had an eye for goal but AA had bags of pace. Thorpe did tend to get a few but overall he was ####!

Definately.. I rate Thorpey as Premiership standard.. and Murray is so quick and dangerous that he'd give Maldini the fright of his life.. so yeah..

Are you sure you aren't really 'Lotusboy', the son of one this forum's keenest Thorpe supporters? :(

Tins4gaffer, i disagree with you on almost all your recent opinions.

If we could get Murray back- go for it, but we wont so don't pitty over that. Thorpe to come back? = laughable

Thorpe as prem class player, please. He is hardly blowing the roof off in div 2 now. Zamora is a prem class player and was showing it in div 2 with Brighton, Thorpe is not.

As for "Akinbiyi is not as good as Thorpe". Maybe Akinbiyi wasn't the best of finishers even though he did get his fair share of goals and now plays in a higher division which is thoroughly deserved but his attributes in a game are far more advanced than Thorpe's.

Akinbiyi may not have fired on all silinders in the prem but either is Heskey, and both of them are/ were playing regular first team football. With Akinbiyi, i remember when he went for that run of a certain amount of games without a goal, but why was he kept in the side? because he attributed a lot to Leicesters side and the way they played. You dont have to be a goalscorer to play upfront. Nor can you judge a player purely on how many goals they score.

Is this some sort of a windup!?

Tins4gaffer, you either ply your trade as a comedian, or you talk out of your arse.

Thorpe Premiership standard :how funny: He left us, went back to Luton, and then onto QPR - all teams in the second division.

Funny man :(

Best part of this thread by far is the response suggesting we get Paul Cheesley back, add to that Tom Ritchie and Gerry Gow and I think we'd be there...

Thorpe wasn't the solution last time and wouldn't be this time. This team is doing just fine without him and Saturday's result seems to be clouding some judgement- promotion is there to be taken ............ Thorpe usually starts off quite well at each club he goes to but he doesn't seem to have the staying power and as for premiership now that did make me laugh...

But seriously folks get over it- Judas wouldnt sign a contract, and Scott wanted Div 1 football, currently a little unlikely, for City. :Confused13:

For what its worth, I'd rather have Ade, Ago, or super Bob, rather than Judas, cos at least they were committed, but we do miss the flying Scotsman, we wont see many like him at the Gate again, unless our scouts find another like him, which is hard to imagine. Sigh!! :Cheeky22:

Someone with Rob Newmans loyalty would be good. :Party27:

Archived