IGNORED

Bristol City v Stoke City Match Day 15

havanatopia

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

If Paterson emerges for the 2nd half LJ has clearly lost the plot, he is dreadful, half hearted, weak, not worth his place in the side and we are a weaker side when he plays.

To me the Paterson situation is getting a bit like when Fontaine was continuously played despite being devoid of form or confidence. 

Paterson needs to be out of the squad for a few weeks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Triple halftime sub please LJ
Taylor for Paterson
Weimann for Dirediou
Dasilva for Kelly

Complete lack of movement today

You know when you give one of our own players an insulting nickname you come off like an embarrassing child, right? A little like the current president.

• Like 1

Guest Dreamkiller
2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m sure if you read the rest of this thread you’ll feel better, knowing that the game is already over, we are rubbish and our manager is clueless. The experts have spoken..!

It's the new way in football. Exactly the same on Stoke and West Brom (where I also post) forums. Boro fans totally brassed off despite being top (though they have one massively valid reason for hating life). Seems to me that very few football supporters are happy or satisfied with what they're watching anymore.

1 minute ago, Dreamkiller said:

It's the new way in football. Exactly the same on Stoke and West Brom (where I also post) forums. Boro fans totally brassed off despite being top (though they have one massively valid reason for hating life). Seems to me that very few football supporters are happy or satisfied with what they're watching anymore.

Re “massively valid” are you referring to Pulis?

Surely you can’t dislike him that much after everything he achieved at Stoke?

11 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

HT 0-1. Stoke been marginally the better side, more quick attacking than we have had. LJ took a gamble playing Pato in No.10 role and it simply has not worked, Pato has been anonymous. What gets me is Fammy & Taylor played so well together against Stoke in the league cup and Stoke have struggled defensively against busy clever players like Taylor.

LJ should haul Pato off and put Taylor on over HT, but I bet he doesn't do anything.

So all the posts about us being total garbage and Stoke looking streets ahead of us is just the usual childish OTIB overreaction then. Good to know there's still a game to be won.

Edited by Wanderingred

12 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

It’s clear Johnson still struggles to pick his best side for the right game ? 

What happened to the days when a manager knew his best team and regularly played it. Constant changes by Johnson game by game and the obsession of playing Paterson , when he has been useless for 9 months , leads to a lack of consistency and performance week in week out. When is Johnson ever going to learn.

So....unsurprisingly we still have an overriding tendency to keep going up the left.....to predictable...stoke have clearly done their homework.......Pato...still seemingly lost.....having no impact on the game....we are generating chances but have not idea how to convert them. 

Pack seems to be a shadow of him former self......

We have it in us to turn it about....just need to take the few chances we create!

Guest Dreamkiller
1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Re “massively valid” are you referring to Pulis?

Surely you can’t dislike him that much after everything he achieved at Stoke?

Oh I can. I won't bore you with the details now, but I gave a full explanation when I first joined this forum, so feel free to check out my previous posts.

Like I said though, you can be top of the league with Pulis as Boro are at the moment and still be hating it. I totally get where they're coming from.

Just reading through the comments about Patterson - did the Forest fans not say he was a hugely frustrating player as one game he would be fantastic, and then for 3 or 4 he'd be annoymous? To be fair I think we've had more better performances than bad from him (overall), but is he now just going through the motions? 

Probably doesn't help that we rarely play the same 11, but he really needs to start showing some consistency and start kicking on. Mind you he's not playing great at the moment and staying in the team so who knows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dreamkiller said:

Oh I can. I won't bore you with the details now, but I gave a full explanation when I first joined this forum, so feel free to check out my previous posts.

Like I said though, you can be top of the league with Pulis as Boro are at the moment and still be hating it. I totally get where they're coming from.

Wow. I think we understand better than most that Pulis isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, to say the least, but I wouldn’t have expected that strength of feeling from a fan of a team he got promoted and established in the top division.

3 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

The Prem dream and visibility cause that methinks. Some of my more enjoyable City games, were bizarrely mid 80s when we had imploded. I recall a mid week game against Aldershot, at home. Their fans came in a mini bus that parked inside the ground, and they were all dressed in pink panther outfits It was freezing and miserable, and they danced the whole game. We were laughing all night. 

Hard to understand today why fans moaning on back of two wins, and still very much in the game. 

I generally attribute it to a lack of maturity or ability to keep a reasonable perspective, and unrealistic expectations of supporting an unremarkable second tier football club.

• Like 2

Guest Dreamkiller
6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Wow. I think we understand better than most that Pulis isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, to say the least, but I wouldn’t have expected that strength of feeling from a fan of a team he got promoted and established in the top division.

It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it. I like my football to incorporate a smidgeon of erm...football. 

Guest Dreamkiller
15 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

The Prem dream and visibility cause that methinks. Some of my more enjoyable City games, were bizarrely mid 80s when we had imploded. I recall a mid week game against Aldershot, at home. Their fans came in a mini bus that parked inside the ground, and they were all dressed in pink panther outfits It was freezing and miserable, and they danced the whole game. We were laughing all night. 

Hard to understand today why fans moaning on back of two wins, and still very much in the game. 

My favourite time as a supporter was watching Macari's team in the third tier. The Premier League is all about biased refs, one-eyed media, diving fairies and a closed shop as far as winning anything is concerned. As a Championship side, all there is to look forward to is getting back up there. Some dream! 

Social media where anyone can have their say but only the over-the-top comments get really noticed doesn't help. Add this to the 'I want it now generation' and you get people walking out at 1-0 down - if that really happened.

Edited by Dreamkiller

4 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

2 wins yes but some might say they were robberies in games we hardly dominated but managed to sneak all the points, cant see it happening today...but stranger things have happened though.

Dump the 2 third tier strikers, who have hardly played anyway, buy a proven striker and midfield leader........not gonna happen is it; we may make a half-hearted attempt at that in the window but we don't want to go anywhere yet I believe.......so we wont.

If you can’t give the team credit when they’ve won without dominating, does that mean you are happy to praise them when they lose despite dominating? That happens too. Or is it just not possible for you to give any credit at all?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dreamkiller said:

My favourite time as a supporter was watching Macari's team in the third tier. The Premier League is all about biased refs, one-eyed media, diving fairies and a closed shop as far as winning anything is concerned. As a Championship side, all there is to look forward to is getting back up there. Some dream! 

Social media where anyone can have their say but only the over-the-top comments get really noticed doesn't help. Add this to the 'I want it now generation' and you get people walking out at 1-0 down - if that really happened.

You sum up how I think we might/will find the “dream” of premier league football, if it’s ever realised. 

After the thrill of the first season or two, it becomes a struggle to stay there, until you eventually get relegated, then hope to go back up to struggle again. 

Thank god Leicester gave us fans an inkling if hope that that’s not all there is to look forward too..! 

Guest Dreamkiller
10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You sum up how I think we might/will find the “dream” of premier league football, if it’s ever realised. 

After the thrill of the first season or two, it becomes a struggle to stay there, until you eventually get relegated, then hope to go back up to struggle again. 

Thank god Leicester gave us fans an inkling if hope that that’s not all there is to look forward too..! 

In some ways I think Leicester made it worse. We had three 9th place finishes on the trot and supporters were generally pleased with that. Then we looked at Leicester and started thinking that 9th place was a bit feeble really. It changed expectations far beyond what was realistic. 

We didn't really struggle too much over the 10 years. We just went from comfortably 9th to relegation in two years. None of us really know how we deteriorated so quickly.

Edited by Dreamkiller

Joe Allen has been lively, but Stoke are poor. 

If we lose this people will say6 points was a good return from the last 3 games and I wouldn’t disagree.

But taking each match in its own merits it would be disappointing to lose to a team this poor.

35 minutes ago, Dreamkiller said:

Any chance you could elaborate briefly, Dk? Genuinely interested.

PS At least one of us is going to be happy tonight.