IGNORED

Emiliano Sala

Negan

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

All emerging now

Whatsapp messages publicised showing 

The flight was arranged by Willie McKay the agent via his son Jack who is a player at Cardiff as a (free) favour

USed a contact/ Company he’s used many times but doesn’t own the plane and didn’t choose the plane or pilot....people starting to duck.....

So ....hmmmmm.....who paid the pilot .....for the plane.....as the Pilot not licensed for payed passengers....

Where did you see this? 

28 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

All emerging now

Whatsapp messages publicised showing 

The flight was arranged by Willie McKay the agent via his son Jack who is a player at Cardiff as a (free) favour

USed a contact/ Company he’s used many times but doesn’t own the plane and didn’t choose the plane or pilot....people starting to duck.....

So ....hmmmmm.....who paid the pilot .....for the plane.....as the Pilot not licensed for payed passengers....

Didnt he say the other day he had no involvement?

On 24/01/2019 at 14:07, bengalcub said:

Cant believe they have stopped searching , why ?

theres always hope never give up like his family have said put themselves in their shoes the search should keep going.

£££££

Amazing how this had fallen to bottom of second page

old news  ☹️ 

Saw this - fair play

More than £220,000 has been raised to fund a private search for missing Cardiff City footballer Emiliano Sala.

The official search for the Argentine striker, 28, and pilot David Ibbotson, 59, was called off on Thursday.

But the cash, raised via a GoFundMe page, has allowed the footballer's family to fund two boats, which started looking on Saturday.

The plane disappeared from radar as the pair flew over the English Channel on their way to Cardiff on Monday night.

A former Guernsey harbourmaster said the search was "like looking for a needle in a haystack, when you don't even know where the haystack is".

Argentina's president Mauricio Macri has joined calls by Sala's family for the search to resume.

Footballers including Manchester City's Ilkay Gundogan are among 2,448 people who have contributed to donations for the private search on a GoFundMe page.

Other contributors include Nantes manager Vahid Halilhodzic, Leicester City winger Demarai Gray, Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot and Bayern Munich's Corentin Tolisso.

I don’t want to sound disrespectful and fair play to all who donated but I find it amazing that, considering the obscene amount of money sloshing about in football they had to set up a go fund me page to continue the search. And only managed to raise a top players weekly wage! Maybe it’s early days and a lot more will come in or maybe we’re just hearing half the story? It just surprised me to read that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 27/01/2019 at 00:36, Gakoe said:

I don’t want to sound disrespectful and fair play to all who donated but I find it amazing that, considering the obscene amount of money sloshing about in football they had to set up a go fund me page to continue the search. And only managed to raise a top players weekly wage! Maybe it’s early days and a lot more will come in or maybe we’re just hearing half the story? It just surprised me to read that.

I don’t disagree

The Premier League Clubs we’re quick enough to have a multi million pound leaving gift for Scudamore

Someone like Sanchez could treble that fund with one weeks wages

• Like 5

It's a very sad story, I guess the search is now looking for bodies to bury. That will of course mean a lot to both families.  You can understand why the official search had to end, there will be other ships, planes and people that need the help of the official coastguard and rescue services. Good luck to the new searchers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I don’t disagree

The Premier League Clubs we’re quick enough to have a multi million pound leaving gift for Scudamore

Someone like Sanchez could treble that fund with one weeks wages

So right Bob. With all the obscene amounts of money in football, the search was stopped because of the cost (allegedly). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marmite said:

So right Bob. With all the obscene amounts of money in football, the search was stopped because of the cost (allegedly). 

Yep - I accept the public purse has to make a decision at some point , accepting they will know the chances of success 

But you think the Premier Mega Rich might fund some further efforts 

Cardiff themselves were prepared to fork out 13 million for him when he could kick a football

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yep - I accept the public purse has to make a decision at some point , accepting they will know the chances of success 

But you think the Premier Mega Rich might fund some further efforts 

Cardiff themselves were prepared to fork out 13 million for him when he could kick a football

This.

• Admin
15 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Very dignified interview with Neil Warnock today. His pain was clear to see. 

I think that was a public glimpse of the real man, I know someone who knows him and he is far removed from his pantomime villain image that is his public persona.  You’d have to be some sort of psychopath not to be affected if you have spent weeks talking with someone and then employing them, only for this tragic accident to happen.

• Like 4

I just don’t get it, the channel isn’t massive and how many ships pass it every second, covering a lot for them not to see anything, it either hit the water n went straight down to the bottom or I don’t know, very strange, thoughts are with the Pilots family and to Sala’s also 

• Admin
3 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Surely sonar would pick it up pretty well?

There is an area north of the island it went missing where it is so deep contaminated rubbish was buried there. A nuclear sub is in there somewhere as well that was never found 

Nice touch by arsenal 

IMG_20190129_202917.jpg

• Like 3

Apparently bits of the plane found.

Two seat cushions have been found which are likely to have come from the plane carrying missing Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala, the Air Accidents Investigation Branch says.

Edited by Super

Following the revelation today about finding seat cushions and the likelihood of finding the player alive is highly unlikely. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO is there the possibility of as a club we do something to mark this tradegy? I think considering our opponents on Saturday it may be a gesture worth considering? 

@Swansea what be your thoughts ?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, daored said:

Following the revelation today about finding seat cushions and the likelihood of finding the player alive is highly unlikely. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO is there the possibility of as a club we do something to mark this tradegy? I think considering our opponents on Saturday it may be a gesture worth considering? 

What do you have in mind ? Genuine question, because I think a minutes silence might be a little premature.

Something on the screens would be a good shout though and I would hope any anti Cardiff person anywhere in the crowd would be encouraged to STFU..

Edit Just saw Matts post. Watched it on a mini Bet 365 screen so didn't see the armbands.

Edited by Loon plage

3 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi there, 

Im not sure if you were at the match on Friday night, but we took up the directive from the EFL for that game and all of the players from both teams wore black armbands out of respect. 

Matt

Matt - I don’t know whether this directive needs checking

As I understand Cardiff did NOT wear Black armbands at Emirates at the request of the family

4 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

What do you have in mind ? Genuine question, because I think a minutes silence might be a little premature.

Something on the screens would be a good shout though and I would hope any anti Cardiff person anywhere in the crowd would be encouraged to STFU..

Edit Just saw Matts post. Watched it on a mini Bet 365 screen so didn't see the armbands.

I don’t know I agree minutes silence may not be appropriate or black armbands. 

I understand last night both captains last night placed daffodils on the pitch, something similar. I just think considering our rivalry with Cardiff and also playing the swans may be a gesture considering we play them Saturday?

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

1 hour ago, daored said:

You have lost me here.

City have already worn black armbands and, if I Understand correctly, Sala's family have since requested no 'minute's silence, armbands etc.' as their son/brother is not officially dead - I believe their wishes are paramount and should be respected.

In so far as it concerns Swansea, apart from being Welsh, like Cardiff, I fail to see the relevance. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

You have lost me here.

City have already worn black armbands and, if I Understand correctly, Sala's family have since requested no 'minute's silence, armbands etc.' as their son/brother is not officially dead - I believe their wishes are paramount and should be respected.

In so far as it concerns Swansea, apart from being Welsh, like Cardiff, I fail to see the relevance. 

It’s purely a suggestion, I appreciate the comments you’ve made about the families wishes.

My view was as two rivals of Cardiff’s as a gesture it may be the right thing to do, based on the opposition. I appreciate not everyone will agree but sometimes football rivalry can be put to one side 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

Very tragic, but when did we become so melodramatic in this country?

(Actually I probably know the answer).  This grief ‘tourism’ is very bizarre in my opinion.

Thoughts to the pilot’s and player’s family of course.

Diana - is that the answer you thought?

• Like 4

Interesting.....

By Peter Allen

Friday 31st January 2019

Football agent Willie McKay told Emiliano Sala he wanted to make 'lots of money' from £15m deal

British football agent Willie McKay told Emiliano Sala he wanted to make 'a lot of money' from his transfer before arranging his tragic flight to Cardiff, a leaked email has revealed. 

In an extraordinary insight into the world of football transfers, McKay told the 28-year-old that he'd invented interest from rival clubs to get the deal with Cardiff City done. 

McKay, 59, introduced himself to Sala on January 6, days before agreeing the £15 million transfer from French club Nantes by coldly saying he was not interested in the player as a person, adding: 'It's not sentiment, just business.'

In a leaked email to French publication L'Equipe, the agent wrote: 'Emiliano, my name is Willie McKay. We are not interested in your personal belongings; finances, holidays, babysitting, it's not our business.'

Listing multi-million pounds deals involving players moving from French clubs to top English sides including Chelsea and Arsenal, Mr McKay wrote: 'We make transfers! More than 600 until today, from Didier Drogba, to Anelka, Payet, Seri, Anguissa.

Willie McKay, wrote to Sala on January 6 introducing himself 

'Let us introduce you to the way we operate and how we came to this Cardiff City saga. We work for clubs in France, and for players who want to be transferred to England.

'As far as you are concerned, we have talked to all the clubs, including Manchester, Chelsea, Liverpool. We think you could end up in such clubs.

'We approached Nantes, as we do with many players in other clubs, to obtain the mandate of sale. We are not preventing you from working with another agent, but most players are very satisfied with our mediation.

'We do not say 'we are like a father to a son to our players'. No, if you had not been a footballer, these people would not be interested in you.

'In the end they are only interested in the money. What we all want a lot of, of course. That's why we like to work with just the clubs. No sentiment, we're just doing business.'

As mystery surrounds what happened to the flight.

Referring specifically to the Cardiff City deal, Mr McKay wrote: 'My experience says: if you do not go for the Premier League now, you will regret it.

'It's been said that Cardiff does not interest you. But that is probably our mistake, because we 'leaked' in the media that other clubs like West Ham and Everton want you. Just to stimulate the interest in you.

'That is how we work and that may be misinterpreted by the player. But without that 'buzz' nobody would know you. Because, honestly, nobody follows the French competition [Ligue 1].'

In an interview with l'Equipe, Mr McKay admitted: 'If I had never asked Nantes for a mandate to negotiate about Sala's transfer, he would still be among us'.

Referring to his entire family – including his wife and three sons – McKay admits that 'the past eight days have been a nightmare for us.'

Mr McKay admits that thehighly experienced pilot he chose to fly Sala from France to Wales drafted in a replacement airman for the job – with disastrous consequences.

Details of the arrangement emerged following the discovery of two cushions from the plane in which Sala is believed to have died following a crash into the English Channel.

Mr Ibbotson, a boiler engineer and part-time pilot, told a friend he was 'a bit rusty' with the instruments of the 35-year-old aircraft and it did not have the licence to carry paying passengers.

Sala (pictured) texted his old Nantes teammates before the flight to say he was scared. He wrote: "If in an hour and a half there is no news of me, I don¿t know if they¿ll send anyone to look for me because you won¿t find me, but you'll know... Daddy, I'm so scared!"

Mr McKay and his son Mark helped negotiate Sala's transfer to Cardiff, and then heard that Sala wanted to spend a day in Nantes seeing club officials and former teammates.

Cardiff offered him a commercial flight for the trip, but Mr McKay offered him a private plane 'for free'.

Mr McKay's choice as pilot was David Henderson, a 60-year-old who had flown light planes around the world, including the Piper Alpha PA-46 due to be used for the trip.

But – for still unknown reasons – Mr Henderson drafted in another British pilot called David Ibbotson, 59.

'Do you want to spend a weekend in Nantes?', Mr Henderson told Mr Ibbotson, a part-time pilot who had admitted to friends on Facebook a few days earlier that he was a 'bit rusty' at flying.

Mr Ibboston, who was known to have financial problems, is said to have told Mr Henderson that he had lost his credit card.

This led to Mr Henderson having to pay for Mr Ibbotson's hotel in France, and for the flight itself.

Mr Henderson's details were accordingly given to officials at Nantes-Atlantique airport, leading to initial fears that he had been piloting the doomed flight.

In fact it was Mr Ibbotson who took control of the plane, and aborted three attempted take offs in terrible weather.

An hour into the flight, Mr Ibbotson told air traffic control he was reducing altitude from 5,000 to 2,300 feet over the Channel Islands.

It later emerged Cardiff's record signing had expressed fears for his life in messages sent to close friends.

In a WhatsApp voice note, he said in Spanish: 'I'm on a plane that looks like it's going to fall apart.'

Aviation experts said the chartered single-engine aircraft should not have been risking the flight in icy conditions.

ATTACHMENTS
5902E882-78C1-4A5A-977D-623C96D7EDFC.jpeg

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Interesting.....

By Peter Allen

Friday 31st January 2019

Football agent Willie McKay told Emiliano Sala he wanted to make 'lots of money' from £15m deal

British football agent Willie McKay told Emiliano Sala he wanted to make 'a lot of money' from his transfer before arranging his tragic flight to Cardiff, a leaked email has revealed. 

In an extraordinary insight into the world of football transfers, McKay told the 28-year-old that he'd invented interest from rival clubs to get the deal with Cardiff City done. 

McKay, 59, introduced himself to Sala on January 6, days before agreeing the £15 million transfer from French club Nantes by coldly saying he was not interested in the player as a person, adding: 'It's not sentiment, just business.'

In a leaked email to French publication L'Equipe, the agent wrote: 'Emiliano, my name is Willie McKay. We are not interested in your personal belongings; finances, holidays, babysitting, it's not our business.'

Listing multi-million pounds deals involving players moving from French clubs to top English sides including Chelsea and Arsenal, Mr McKay wrote: 'We make transfers! More than 600 until today, from Didier Drogba, to Anelka, Payet, Seri, Anguissa.

Willie McKay, wrote to Sala on January 6 introducing himself 

'Let us introduce you to the way we operate and how we came to this Cardiff City saga. We work for clubs in France, and for players who want to be transferred to England.

'As far as you are concerned, we have talked to all the clubs, including Manchester, Chelsea, Liverpool. We think you could end up in such clubs.

'We approached Nantes, as we do with many players in other clubs, to obtain the mandate of sale. We are not preventing you from working with another agent, but most players are very satisfied with our mediation.

'We do not say 'we are like a father to a son to our players'. No, if you had not been a footballer, these people would not be interested in you.

'In the end they are only interested in the money. What we all want a lot of, of course. That's why we like to work with just the clubs. No sentiment, we're just doing business.'

As mystery surrounds what happened to the flight.

Referring specifically to the Cardiff City deal, Mr McKay wrote: 'My experience says: if you do not go for the Premier League now, you will regret it.

'It's been said that Cardiff does not interest you. But that is probably our mistake, because we 'leaked' in the media that other clubs like West Ham and Everton want you. Just to stimulate the interest in you.

'That is how we work and that may be misinterpreted by the player. But without that 'buzz' nobody would know you. Because, honestly, nobody follows the French competition [Ligue 1].'

In an interview with l'Equipe, Mr McKay admitted: 'If I had never asked Nantes for a mandate to negotiate about Sala's transfer, he would still be among us'.

Referring to his entire family – including his wife and three sons – McKay admits that 'the past eight days have been a nightmare for us.'

Mr McKay admits that thehighly experienced pilot he chose to fly Sala from France to Wales drafted in a replacement airman for the job – with disastrous consequences.

Details of the arrangement emerged following the discovery of two cushions from the plane in which Sala is believed to have died following a crash into the English Channel.

Mr Ibbotson, a boiler engineer and part-time pilot, told a friend he was 'a bit rusty' with the instruments of the 35-year-old aircraft and it did not have the licence to carry paying passengers.

Sala (pictured) texted his old Nantes teammates before the flight to say he was scared. He wrote: "If in an hour and a half there is no news of me, I don¿t know if they¿ll send anyone to look for me because you won¿t find me, but you'll know... Daddy, I'm so scared!"

Mr McKay and his son Mark helped negotiate Sala's transfer to Cardiff, and then heard that Sala wanted to spend a day in Nantes seeing club officials and former teammates.

Cardiff offered him a commercial flight for the trip, but Mr McKay offered him a private plane 'for free'.

Mr McKay's choice as pilot was David Henderson, a 60-year-old who had flown light planes around the world, including the Piper Alpha PA-46 due to be used for the trip.

But – for still unknown reasons – Mr Henderson drafted in another British pilot called David Ibbotson, 59.

'Do you want to spend a weekend in Nantes?', Mr Henderson told Mr Ibbotson, a part-time pilot who had admitted to friends on Facebook a few days earlier that he was a 'bit rusty' at flying.

Mr Ibboston, who was known to have financial problems, is said to have told Mr Henderson that he had lost his credit card.

This led to Mr Henderson having to pay for Mr Ibbotson's hotel in France, and for the flight itself.

Mr Henderson's details were accordingly given to officials at Nantes-Atlantique airport, leading to initial fears that he had been piloting the doomed flight.

In fact it was Mr Ibbotson who took control of the plane, and aborted three attempted take offs in terrible weather.

An hour into the flight, Mr Ibbotson told air traffic control he was reducing altitude from 5,000 to 2,300 feet over the Channel Islands.

It later emerged Cardiff's record signing had expressed fears for his life in messages sent to close friends.

In a WhatsApp voice note, he said in Spanish: 'I'm on a plane that looks like it's going to fall apart.'

Aviation experts said the chartered single-engine aircraft should not have been risking the flight in icy conditions.

ATTACHMENTS

ATTACHMENTS

I don't know what to say. That poor boy.

Interesting about the pilot switch emerging.......

An experienced pilot chartered by football agent Willie McKay to fly Emiliano Sala drafted in a 'rusty' part-time replacement and covered the costs on his credit card causing confusion when the plane vanished, it was revealed today.

The Piper Malibu carrying Cardiff City's new £15million signing vanished over the Channel Islands on Monday January 21 after hitting bad weather en route to Wales from  France. 

Mr McKay wanted his usual pilot David Henderson, 60,  to carry the Argentinian striker to Britain but he drafted in David Ibbotson, 59, after asking him: 'Do you want to spend a weekend in Nantes?'

Mr McKay helped negotiate Sala's £15million transfer to Premiership club Cardiff, and then heard that Sala wanted to spend a day in Nantes seeing club officials and former teammates and his dog Nala. 

Mr Ibbotson, a boiler engineer and part-time pilot, told a friend he was 'a bit rusty' with the instruments of the 35-year-old aircraft and it did not have the licence to carry paying passengers.

Describing the time period since, Mr McKay, a mega-agent renowned for his contacts in France, told l'Equipe sports newspaper that it has 'been an absolute nightmare for us.'

He said that if he had not allowed Sala to return to his old club, Nantes, to say goodbye to his former teammates and put his beloved dog Nala in kennels 'he would still be with us'. 

Cardiff had originally proposed funding a commercial flight for Sala but the McKay family instead funded a private plane. 'When you spend €17m on a footballer, you don't put him on an EasyJet flight,' McKay said. 

David Henderson, 60, (left) was meant to carry the Argentianian striker to Britain but he drafted in David Ibbotson, 59, (right)  after asking him: 'Do you want to spend a weekend in NanteMr Henderson's details were accordingly given to officials at Nantes-Atlantique airport, leading to initial fears that he had been piloting the doomed flight.

'Since it was Henderson's bank card, everyone thought he was on the plane,' said Mr McKay.

He confirmed he was commissioned by Waldemar Kita - the president of Nantes FC - to find an English club for Emiliano Sala.

The Welsh club showed interest, and after discussions, an agreement was reached in mid-January for a record Cardiff transfer of £15million. 

After earning £46,000-per-month at Nantes, Sala was in line to earn £50,000-per-week at Cardiff and McKay revealed details of a letter he wrote to Sala in early January to convince him of a move to Cardiff.

He wrote: 'Emiliano, I am Willie McKay. We are not interested in personal affairs; finances, holidays, baby-sitting, that is not our business. We make transfers happens. More than 600 to this day, from Didier Drogba, to Anelka, Payet, Seri and Anguissa. As far as you are concerned, we have talked about you with everyone, including Manchester, Chelsea and Liverpool. We think you are able to end up in one of those clubs.'

He continued: 'We have so far received only an offer from Cardiff, freshly promoted and the manager Neil Warnock has fallen in love with you. He watched your videos then came to see you twice, against Rennes and then against Marseille. He considers you as a typical English centre-forward, like Drogba or Alan Shearer. He says Cardiff will play to your strengths. They will pay you around £50,000-per-week, plus bonuses, on a contract of four to five years. And whoever accompanies you, whether it is your agent or your mother, who, according to English law, can represent you, could claim around £1m from the deal. It is said that you did not want to go to Cardiff. It is probably our fault because we have have said in the media that other clubs like West Ham, Everton, etc were interested in order to create an interest around you.' 

This whole story seems to have a murky smell about it .....

A full story to emerge for sure....

Poor lad , surrounded by crocodiles 

Exclusive: Emiliano Sala's agents are battling a winding up order from HM Revenue and Customs

The player agents who helped arrange Emiliano Sala’s doomed flight over the English Channel have been battling a winding up order from HM Revenue and Customs, Telegraph Sport can disclose.

Mercato Sports – a company registered in the names of Mark McKay and the wife of his businessman father, Willie McKay – was due to face the High Court two days after Sala’s flight disappeared en route from France to Wales.

Last night, McKay senior reacted furiously when approached for comment over the HMRC claim. He insisted the bill had been cleared and also indicated the mix-up took place because the Government had the company’s address wrong. A High Court official said a follow-up court date had been set for this month, but McKay claimed the case had been closed.

The HMRC battle is one of two legal rows involving the family in recent months, it is understood. Mercato Sports and Mark McKay were also in dispute with Everton over a 2017 player transfer. The Merseyside club are understood to have refused to pay an agreed fee over a row involving the company’s Football Association registration.

Sala’s single-engined flight disappeared on Jan 21. Both Mark and Willie have released statements confirming their involvement in helping arrange the flight free of charge to Sala. Willie described how he told experienced pilot David Henderson: “Dave, I need a plane.” However, part-time engineer Dave Ibbotson, 59, was at the controls when the Piper Malibu is believed to have crashed after leaving Nantes for Cardiff.Mercato Sports is registered in the names of McKay’s son and wife, Janis.

Willie McKay was made bankrupt in 2015 and an FA source confirmed that only Mark McKay remains registered with the governing body as an intermediary.

The legal wrangle with Everton over the 2017 transfer is ongoing, according to McKay. He said the club still owed the company money, but details surrounding the case are limited. A legal report filed last September says: “The claimants alleged that in 2017 they brought an unnamed footballer (“AB”) to the attention of the defendant football club (“Everton”). They claimed payment pursuant to an implied contract or retainer or by reason of unjust enrichment. Everton denied liability and further sought a stay of proceedings on the basis that Rule K of the FA Rules operated as an arbitration agreement between the claimants and Everton. There was no dispute that the Second Claimant (“Mr McKay”) was an intermediary registered with the FA. In those circumstances, it was accepted that Mr McKay’s claim would be stayed. However, the position as regards the First Claimant (“Mercato”) was less clear.”

Last night Willie McKay attacked The Telegraph for looking into his company’s business dealings, but the agent had voluntarily provided details about his activities a day earlier.

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I find it disturbing that authorities found **** all in 3 days....yet a private search found them in less then 3 hours 

Begs the question what were the authorities doing... 

Tbf Andy

One was a rescue operation / search of the surface hoping to save lives

This search, sadly ,  a recovery operation looking at the sea bed

Two different searches using different methods and vessels

• Like 6

A very sad news report but one we knew would be coming. It must be so stressful for Emiliano's and the pilot's family and everyone who was close. The face of Neil Warnock on the news, obviously grieving, shows us that football is only a game, and we as a soccer family should feel this pain as well. I only hope the bodies of Emiliano and the Pilot are soon found so the families can be left in peace to say goodbye to their loved ones. Tragic. Very Tragic.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2019 at 23:55, Esmond Million's Bung said:

What a very sorry and sordid web is emerging surrounding Mckay and his working methods.

No wonder Cardiff are not overly happy over his involvement.

Another reason to despise agents.

:clap: Very true EMB, tearing our beloved game apart with pure greed

• Like 1

• Admin

One body has been seen in the underwater wreckage of the plane that was carrying footballer Emiliano Sala and pilot David Ibbotson.

A search on Sunday found the Piper Malibu plane on the seabed off Guernsey, almost two weeks after it went missing.

The Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB) confirmed the sighting on Monday morning.

It added it was now considering the next steps.

The "substantial amount of wreckage" of the plane, which went missing on 21 January, was found on Sunday morning after a privately-funded search was started.

The flight was carrying Argentine striker Sala and pilot David Ibbotson from Nantes, north west France, to Cardiff after Sala completed his £15m move to Cardiff City.

In a statement the AAIB said: "The remotely operated vehicle (ROV) carried out a further search of the area overnight, but did not identify any additional pieces of wreckage.

"Tragically, in video footage from the ROV, one occupant is visible amidst the wreckage. The AAIB is now considering the next steps, in consultation with the families of the pilot and passenger, and the police."

Oceanographer and marine scientist David Mearns confirmed the wreckage had been found on Sunday after "a couple of hours" of searching the seabed.

An online appeal started by Sala's agent had raised £324,000 (371,000 euros) for the private search, which Mr Mearns offered to help with.

Working jointly with the AAIB, Mr Mearns's ship and another search vessel, the Geo Ocean III, began combing a four square mile area of the channel, 24 nautical miles north of Guernsey.

The AAIB ship remained in place, sending down a remotely controlled submersible overnight, which captured the footage of the wreckage.

Feel quite a bit of unease seeing that photograph of the plane underwater and a caption 'body seen in plane'. It feels a bit crass and lacking humility - not digging you out @phantom just the fact it was released. 

5 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Feel quite a bit of unease seeing that photograph of the plane underwater and a caption 'body seen in plane'. It feels a bit crass and lacking humility - not digging you out @phantom just the fact it was released. 

Yeah, glad you can’t see anything (apart from the plane).

• Admin
32 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Good point, I did wonder about posting it, I have removed it now

We are constantly having images of war zones and the victims beamed into our homes, this tragedy is probably less traumatic as an option to view or not. However I don't see any need to curtail the headline, it is the one that the BBC are using after all. It may be football related but we are all of an age to decide if we need to continue to read further, or not.

It would appear as greed was the downfall of this young man, not his, but of others, to me it or should be a lesson that footballers are not merely a commodity but have a life too, and like us have families and loved one's.

Perhaps we also should remember this, instead of  rather cruelly exposing a player weakness such as ability, colour or sexuality, I have witnessed all of that down at Ashton Gate, but perhaps the worst was paedo chants to a player that was once one of ours as in being Bristolian.  

I dislike bullies, I dislike constant berating of players on here, even managers, and yet when something like this happens we turn into the perfect human beings. 

And yet in all this, one thing has emerged loud and clear that the man we most berate of all, Neil Warnock has empathy and a huge heart, not at all the figure we would prefer him to be.

If nothing else this terribly sad event will have effect on how we view others, or should do. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, phantom said:

Absolutely not meant as a suggestion to do that mate. Was more a comment/reflection on the state of our press and thoughts for 2 grieving families. The headline and the photograph was just very eerie in combination and made it quite unpalatable. Seemed to lack the compassion the situation required. 

That said and on reflection maybe I am just being a bit dramatic. It's not like I'd criticise a photo of the Titanic wreckage. 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

2 hours ago, TomF said:

You could always use spoiler tags so people can choose  

{spoiler} {/spoiler} - just change the curly ones to square brackets.

RE. trying to hide posts and/or images, @RedM has a wonderful technique, which she could no doubt explain to you - unfortunately, it is way beyond my capabilities.

11 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

RE. trying to hide posts and/or images, @RedM has a wonderful technique, which she could no doubt explain to you - unfortunately, it is way beyond my capabilities.

Do I? That’s news to me.  :blink:

But thank you anyway, it’s the first time anyone has ever said I had a wonderful technique, made my day that has! :bounce: 

Unicorn awarded. :laugh:

PS with the news of the wreckage emerging at least the families might have their loved ones back. 

• Haha 1

Have to say that with the clarity of the photo of the plane number and the fact that they have identified a body, its probably likely that they can identify which of the 2 passengers it is, especially if that person is or isnt in the pilots seat. I suspect that there are 2 passengers identified, but they cant say that to the public because obviously they need to go via families first.

i really hope 2 bodies can be recovered to allow proper burials to take place

• Like 2