IGNORED

More T Shirts

Dave L

I can now exclusively reveal that Edson and the Incider guys have very kindly donated their Tinnion design for an exclusive Brian Tinnion testimonial T shirt.

Shirts will be available sometime in the next few weeks, and will be on sale at the Club Shop, outside the ground and in the various bars before selected home games.

Alll proceeds from sale of the shirts which will retail at £10 each will go to Brian's testimonial fund.

Anyone who doesn't buy one is a Gashead :(

Anyone who would like to help sell them, please pm me.

Can we exiles buy them at away games or by post?

I'm sure we can organise something. Leave it with me. For those who can only make the odd trip to the Gate, bear in mind that they'll be on sale for most of next year, as long as there's a demand. Hopefully we can arrange an overseas posting option providing p & p is paid.

I'll provide more info when the shirts are available.

Another Tinnion date for everyone's diaries. Feb 19th in the Dolman Exhibition Hall. Along the lines of the Evening with Brian Tinnion which we did earlier this year. This time there'll be a full buffet, Auction with amazing prizes .. for example a season ticket for the 2004-5 season, raffle etc. and a chance to ask Brian questions from the floor.

There will also be some other good stuff happening on the night (awaiting confirmation). But I can definitely confirm that topping the bill will be our very own City legend Tony Robinson, who is a very funny speaker (I think that's because he employs a top writer :(

Tickets only £15, available after Christmas.

Guest KingswoodRed
This time there'll be a full buffet, Auction with amazing prizes .. for example a season ticket for the 2004-5 season, raffle etc.  and a chance to ask Brian questions from the floor.

There will also be some other good stuff happening on the night (awaiting confirmation). But I can definitely confirm that topping the bill will be our very own City legend Tony Robinson, who is a very funny speaker (I think that's because he employs a top writer :(

Tickets only £15, available after Christmas.

Dave.

Is there an age limit please?

I would love to bring my 16 y.o. daughter if possible.

Cheers.

Is there an age limit please?

I would love to bring my 16 y.o. daughter if possible.

No age limit as such KR, but there will be no concessionary ticket prices.

I don't think the evening will be suitable for young children, but 16's quite old these days, isn't it? :( I'm sure your daughter will have a great time.

But I can definitely confirm that topping the bill will be our very own City legend Tony Robinson, who is a very funny speaker (I think that's because he employs a top writer 

Who's that then, edson?

:(

Guest KingswoodRed
<br /> No age limit as such KR, but there will be no concessionary ticket prices.

I don't think the evening will be suitable for young children, but 16's quite old these days, isn't it?  ;) I'm sure your daughter will have a great time.

Thanks a lot for replying.

Yes, 16 is far too old these days :(

I'm looking forward to it already and will be looking out for ticket info.

Hopefully a nice surprise for her.

Cheers!!! :Party3:

Guest KingswoodRed
I don't have next years diary yet so what night of the week is the 19th? If it is a Friday with a home game the day after then great but doubt it.

Thursday :(

With respect the block TINNION lettering is not particularly attractive. Does it have to say TINNION or can it be blank or perhaps Tins or Tinman or something else.

CR - Your worried about the lettering being unattractive! :how funny:

The bit underneath is not the most attractive bit B)

While I think Tinns has shown great loyalty to BCFC, I for one am not keen on a t shirt with his mug on the front.

Just a thought - Edson could put the lettering all down the left hand side! :P

If you want my opinion, and you probably don't, but for whats it's worth ...I don't think it is necessary to have 'Tinnion' on the shirt but just a general heading 'Ashton Greats' or whatever. you can use that same heading for all the players and just change the photo. For if they really are 'greats' we will all recognise them anyway , unless your artwork is bad, which it isn't! And it will make each shirt seem part of a range. Unless you intend this Tins shirt being a testimonial special of course?

Any news on my Mickey Bell T-Shirt, NOT 'skinny-fit' mind!

:sport18:

If you want my opinion, and you probably don't, but for whats it's worth ...I don't think it is necessary to have 'Tinnion' on the shirt but just a general heading 'Ashton Greats' or whatever. you can use that same heading for all the players and just change the photo. For if they really are 'greats' we will all recognise them anyway , unless your artwork is bad, which it isn't! And it will make each shirt seem part of a range. Unless you intend this Tins shirt being a testimonial special of course?

Any news on my Mickey Bell T-Shirt, NOT 'skinny-fit' mind!

I guess it depends on the age of the fan as to whether they recognise the player's face or not.

The style of shirt (shadow print with the surname across the top) is very popular with a lot of the top clubs these days and was why I thought it would be popular if it was done for City. I have seen Man Utd t-shirts, for example, done in a similar style and they all have the surname written either above or below the picture. Not really necessary in terms of recognising Cantona et al but it's part of the design that makes it what it is.

The shirts we are doing all have 'Ashton Greats' written across the back, so that is how the range is tied together, as it were.

No, 'Bell' and 'skinny-fit' are certainly not words anyone would come up with in a word association game. Perhaps we could do a Bell one that looked good for five games in August and then faded badly after that. Would that suit?

You have obviously done your research as to what is popular at the moment, like I said what do I know, as I didn't realise ManU etc have similar style shirts. I try to stay away from these premier clubs and their merchandise!

I don't think you are taking me seriously about my Bell shirt somehow!

What about City great partnerships, Turner & Taylor, Riley & Nevielle(sp), Peacock & ....? Maybe not.

Edit; I re-read my post of last night and think i was being a bit harsh and critical. Please don't take any offence. I know you must have put in a lot of hard work and effort and for someone to come along and put down your ideas if not nice. I should have phrased it better. It wasn't written with that in mind but is comes over like that.

Have you any plans for childrens sizes? It maybe a way of shifting any surpluss skinny-fit ones, sell them as a kids range?

You have obviously done your research as to what is popular at the moment, like I said what do I know, as I didn't realise ManU etc have similar style shirts. I try to stay away from these premier clubs and their merchandise!

I don't think you are taking me seriously about my Bell shirt somehow!

What about City great partnerships, Turner & Taylor, Riley & Nevielle(sp), Peacock & ....? Maybe not.

Edit; I re-read my post of last night and think i was being a bit harsh and critical. Please don't take any offence. I know you must have put in a lot of hard work and effort and for someone to come along and put down your ideas if not nice. I should have phrased it better. It wasn't written with that in mind but is comes over like that.

Have you any plans for childrens sizes? It maybe a way of shifting any surpluss skinny-fit ones, sell them as a kids range?

Whereas I look at their merchandise, because they are the most successful merchandising club in the world, so I think they're a good source for seeing what is popular. Still hate them though, obviously.

No offence taken at all. All feedback is great and exactly what we're after, if we are going to try and give the fans what they want.

I have a skinny-fit Jacki shirt and I got my six year old daughter to wear it to see how it fitted. It was a bit big for her, but would probably be ideal for kids aged between 8 and 10 years old.

Archived