IGNORED

Bristol City Women

Leveller

9 hours ago, winsleyred said:

Do we ever win when the games are at the gate?

Not this season, drew with Southampton 1-1, lost to Birmingham 0-1 (and lost to Man City).

Would have thought it would be good for the girls to have a training session at the Gate prior to the Charlton game. I'm guessing the AG pitch may be bigger dimensions than the HTC?

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Not this season, drew with Southampton 1-1, lost to Birmingham 0-1 (and lost to Man City).

Would have thought it would be good for the girls to have a training session at the Gate prior to the Charlton game. I'm guessing the AG pitch may be bigger dimensions than the HTC?

If it weren't for the men's game against Rotherham on Saturday, I'd believe that would have been possible. And from what I understand, I thought the show/main pitch at the RHPC has the same dimensions...

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

Blimey that's been well hidden 

I wonder if the club will be offering refunds to those unknowingly paying full price? 

Been sent out to all supporters over the last few weeks. In plain sight. Anyway to we want WSL or do we want it cheap.

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

Blimey that's been well hidden 

I wonder if the club will be offering refunds to those unknowingly paying full price? 

I also received this but it said it was only sent to me as I am a season ticket holder for the men’s team. 
even more reason to get a season ticket :laugh:!

16 minutes ago, miser said:

Been sent out to all supporters over the last few weeks. In plain sight. Anyway to we want WSL or do we want it cheap.

Yep - I've received it three times - 23 February, 13 April and today as well as a different code from Bristol Sport Foundation on 23 March.

There was also a discount code included in the email sent to Arnold Clark Cup attendees after the event.

Edited by View from the Dolman

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Clearly wasn't 

Maybe sent to supporters who have expressed an interest in the women's team. I've had multiple mails maybe as a season ticket holder. Anyway it's a bargain at full price anyway. Title decider.

• Like 2

• Admin
7 minutes ago, miser said:

Maybe sent to supporters who have expressed an interest in the women's team. I've had multiple mails maybe as a season ticket holder. Anyway it's a bargain at full price anyway. Title decider.

I get all the other emails about the women's team

But like you say a bargain at the original price. 

I wonder how close it is to another part of the ground being opened? 

13 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

As its the Dolman Stand that'll be open are we obliged to start filing out 10 minutes before the end, regardless of the scoreline. 

Yes. The Dolman tickets only entitle you to watch the first 80 minutes of any game. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Yes. The Dolman tickets only entitle you to watch the first 80 minutes of any game. 

I've always stayed to the end, but I've never been asked for any additional fees. Should I keep quiet or come clean? And now that I know, I'll feel obliged to leave early v Rotherham.

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I've always stayed to the end, but I've never been asked for any additional fees. Should I keep quiet or come clean? And now that I know, I'll feel obliged to leave early v Rotherham.

If I were you I'd tot up the total number of extra minutes you've quite clearly watched fraudulently and miss the last 2 home games altogether. Even it out, if you were. Then start afresh next season, leaving your seat on 75mins & slowly edging your way out. 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, miser said:

The 50% offer was also advertised on the local Pigeon free paper. So not that exclusive an offer.

I'm going and will be taking my kids to their first game at the Gate. 

• Like 1

? 5K SOLD TO WATCH CITY WOMEN IN BS3

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 19TH 2023

More than 5,000 tickets have already been snapped up for City Women's final home game of the season against Charlton Athletic at Ashton Gate (Sunday, April 23rd, 3pm).

Tickets have been selling at a record pace to watch the Robins take on the Addicks in BS3 this Sunday.

A win at Ashton Gate will see Lauren Smith's side crowned Barclays Championship Champions and secure a return to the Barclays Women's Super League. (is this bit correct?) 

Your support will be crucial at Ashton Gate - tickets are available for just £8 for Adults and £4 for Under-12s.

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

? 5K SOLD TO WATCH CITY WOMEN IN BS3

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 19TH 2023

More than 5,000 tickets have already been snapped up for City Women's final home game of the season against Charlton Athletic at Ashton Gate (Sunday, April 23rd, 3pm).

Tickets have been selling at a record pace to watch the Robins take on the Addicks in BS3 this Sunday.

A win at Ashton Gate will see Lauren Smith's side crowned Barclays Championship Champions and secure a return to the Barclays Women's Super League. (is this bit correct?) 

Your support will be crucial at Ashton Gate - tickets are available for just £8 for Adults and £4 for Under-12s.

22 games in the season 

It'd be nice if Durham can take points off Birmingham tonight (then ironically play each other again on Sunday) 

Screenshot_20230419_173829_Flashscore.jpg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

So if Birmingham lose tonight, we only need one point from two games. Is that correct?

As far as I'm aware, yes

49 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Is this going to be POTD?

As far as I'm aware, yes. The ticket office should be open too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

22 games in the season 

It'd be nice if Durham can take points off Birmingham tonight (then ironically play each other again on Sunday) 

Screenshot_20230419_173829_Flashscore.jpg

A City Women supporter I know who pretty much goes to every home & away game (Leeds is his men's team hence the photo) is at the game tonight! For context, he lives in Tewkesbury so Birmingham isn't too far for him...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

So if Birmingham lose tonight, we only need one point from two games. Is that correct?

Or draw. They’d go level on 39 points with LCL with a draw with only 6 points available.

With our superior goal difference, City may already have done enough but all will be revealed! Exciting times.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Birmingham 1-0 up with only minutes left 

I only watched second half, but Brum much better than Durham.  Nice patterns out from the back…they’ll like AG.  Might not need anything by then though.

• Like 1

So no favours from the Wildcats tonight, but we're in the position of not needing them. Lifting the title in front of a big crowd on Sunday is in prospect, so what's not to like? Isn't this what we would have wanted at the start of the season?

The Beeb have a small item online, based on the podcast:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65309544

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robin101 said:

Really hope City get it done at the weekend, or Brum might really fancy their chances at their place!

Agree with you if we fail to beat Charlton can see Brum beating us in last game to nick it... and we have failed to win any of the previous 3 games at the Gate this season. 

Still Durham couid get something out of their home game with Brum as they tend to do much better on their own patch. Then Brum could not catch us. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Agree with you if we fail to beat Charlton can see Brum beating us in last game to nick it... and we have failed to win any of the previous 3 games at the Gate this season. 

Still Durham couid get something out of their home game with Brum as they tend to do much better on their own patch. Then Brum could not catch us. 

So how stipid is it to play any games at AG. Money grabbing put their title hopes at risk.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, miser said:

Advanced NTTDS. Champion cryptic.

Weirdly every City women's player shared a video at this coffee venue earlier on social media 

Odd place to go if it was team building but as long as they win the trophy Sunday I wouldn't care if Lee Johnson was there with a red arrows pilot 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Weirdly every City women's player shared a video at this coffee venue earlier on social media 

Odd place to go if it was team building but as long as they win the trophy Sunday I wouldn't care if Lee Johnson was there with a red arrows pilot 

Wouldn't be surprised to see John Terry. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, phantom said:

Is it usual for City Women to increase the admission for POTD?

They do for games at the RHPC. I think they do it at Ashton Gate games but I am not sure

2 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

City Women attendance likely to be broken with over 6000 tickets sold. Abi Harrison wants it to be 7500...

Andi Weimann has entered the chat...

• Thanks 1

The FA have announced the first dates for next season. Have put down both WSL & Women's Championship:

Women's Championship opening weekend: 26-27 August

WSL opening weekend: 29 September - 1 October
(The league starts much later due to the World Cup final being on August 20)

Conti Cup Final: 30/31 March

Women's Championship closing weekend: 27/28 April

Women's FA Cup Final: 11/12 May

WSL closing weekend: 18/19 May

• Thanks 1

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Not sure if there's been any notification from the club but are Season Card holders needing to queue up at the ticket office on Sunday?

Season ticket with the women's team? 

@shahanshahan will know but I'm sure you had the opportunity to pick a seat a while ago

I assume you realise the majority of the Dolman stand has already been sold / allocated? 

17 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Not sure if there's been any notification from the club but are Season Card holders needing to queue up at the ticket office on Sunday?

Season ticket holders have been sent a ticket by email to allow  entry

• Like 1

11 hours ago, miser said:

Season ticket holders have been sent a ticket by email to allow  entry

Correct. The current season tickets don't scan at the AG turnstiles, so all ST holders had the chance to pick a seat & get sent a ticket. That - or they were randomly assigned a seat then had to contact Supporter Services to request a move, giving them more work to do ?‍♂️

7 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

I’m very excited for this game. How often do you see a City team lift a league title at Ashton Gate?!?

It feels like I haven’t seen a game at Ashton Gate with much on the line for a fair while!

For me, it'll be my first time! I couldn't get a ticket for the final game of the 2014/15 season when City beat Walsall to lift the League One title...

18 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

For me, it'll be my first time! I couldn't get a ticket for the final game of the 2014/15 season when City beat Walsall to lift the League One title...

Tough, but it was a rather uneventful day.

• Haha 2