IGNORED

Bristol City Women

Leveller

• Admin
4 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Emma Hayes to leave Chelsea 

I'm intrigued about the timing of her announcement 

Seems very early to announce regarding the end of the season, it just causes uncertainty for Chelsea, and you know if they don't win the league this will be the reason 

16 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Good win, but watching that there is a long way to go yet.

Some big games coming up.

Screenshot2023-11-05at17_22_07.png.df8e367a3e95af299b14bda04ccac998.png

There is. Relegation will come from the bottom five, as this is (at least) two leagues in one. It is the first time they have played anyone in the bottom five, so a great start, often comes down who can pick up most points from that mini league. Hanging on at times today, but if they could follow it up with a win v Villa then it would be looking quite good relatively.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Obviously this is only a picture so difficult to judge in its entirety, but this doesn't look too clever 

Screenshot_20231105_185505_BBC Sport.jpg

She referred to a lip injury in the post match celebrations, but was fine. Gave everything for the team today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Is it too early for a must-win game?

I don't think it is. All about 'winning against teams around you'. Although they haven't a point to their name, I rate Villa - they haven't played anyone from the lower half of the table yet. The game next weekend will be very important.

In other news, did I hear the Man Utd game has already sold over 10,000 tickets?

But great news that the girls secured their first win! Made my Sunday.

Edited by Erithacus
addition

12 hours ago, Parkwaymom said:

I see the Arsenal conti cup game on Thursday is on the FA player. 

Yep! Second Conti Cup group game to be selected for live coverage this season & City are in it yet again.
Although I have a slight feeling this one was selected because of who we're playing against...

F-Puck6WwAAwuWa?format=jpg&name=large

Was too tired to post when I got back from London last night. Great away day out in London, and crossing off yet another new ground at Dagenham & Redbridge FC - probably the only football ground I've been to that serves Pot Noodle. The only cider they do there is Carling, so I didn't bother

But back to the football - a great result, first win of the season, first away win in the WSL in quite some time, and first time beating West Ham in the WSL.
Also, another away game winning in the third kit - a trend continuing from last season.
Great to see Abi Harrison make a guest appearance.

Will expect a lot of rotation/changes for the Conti Cup game against Arsenal on Thursday - Marckese won't be in goal because of her loan

DSC_4539.JPG

DSC_4541.JPG

DSC_4542.JPG

DSC_4543.JPG

DSC_4545.JPG

DSC_4546.JPG

DSC_4549.JPG

DSC_4550.JPG

DSC_4551.JPG

DSC_4552.JPG

DSC_4553.JPG

DSC_4554.JPG

DSC_4555.JPG

DSC_4556.JPG

DSC_4557.JPG

DSC_4558.JPG

DSC_4559.JPG

DSC_4560.JPG

DSC_4561.JPG

DSC_4562.JPG

DSC_4564.JPG

DSC_4565.JPG

DSC_4566.JPG

DSC_4567.JPG

DSC_4568.JPG

DSC_4569.JPG

DSC_4570.JPG

DSC_4571.JPG

• Like 4

• Admin
28 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Everton away ticket allocation now confirmed by the football club, which means supporters don't have to buy from Everton's website/create an account for them etc

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-women-news/everton-away-on-general-sale/

It will be interesting to see how many of the 100 allocation are sold

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Or indeed if more tickets are required. Does the club have information on the number sold versus the number of fans travelling independantly to the supporters' bus?

It'll be easy to work out the number bought from our allocation against the number on the coach 

Only Aspin, Connolly, Rodgers remain from the starting XI against West Ham. Marckese unable to play against her parent club. Harrison & Morgan not in the squad at all - potentially being saved for this Sunday. Woolley returns but is on the bench

KO 7pm.

I'm not at the game (I'm saving my trip for the WSL fixture) so will be watching on FA Player

F-gsYVHWYAA1fG4?format=jpg&name=medium

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Amazing how far away we are now from recreating a fixture like this, how did we get so badly left behind 

It's amazing to see how quickly things have changed, also could you imagine those prices being charged now? 

FB_IMG_1699696828479.jpg

I don’t think the Lansdown’s have any interest in the women. My belief is they only took Bristol Academy on when Rovers left the EFL for a while, because they would have looked such dinosaurs if they forced the club to go to somewhere like Swindon or Cheltenham. They have done the minimum they can get away with until the last Euros suddenly made them realise that there might be a market for it. Even this summer the CEO left and no recruitment of any other sort appeared to happen until a new one was in place, which probably didn’t give Lauren much time to have a cohesive squad at the start of the season. The very long summer break could have been used to get some togetherness going if recruitment hadn’t been left until preseason was beginning. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/smiths-aston-villa-press-conference/

Some good updates from this press conference. Confirmed that Satara Murray is currently out injured (I did notice she was missing from the last couple of games), Jamie-Lee Napier picked up something in the warm-up against Arsenal but could be fit for Sunday, and that she hasn't met Liam Manning yet - but said that he needed the time to settle & focus on his team ahead of the game against QPR

10 hours ago, phantom said:

Amazing how far away we are now from recreating a fixture like this, how did we get so badly left behind 

It's amazing to see how quickly things have changed, also could you imagine those prices being charged now? 

FB_IMG_1699696828479.jpg

Yes, it seems like a lifetime ago but it's only eight years. Eight years, but in some ways it is a different life. How the women's game has grown.

I remember it well, a rare opportunity to play at the Gate for the Academy in those semi-professional days. A crowd of about 2,500 was it? Some familiar names on the teamsheet, a few who have since gone on to higher things while most didn't. Mary Earps (yes, the present England number 1) had a great game and made a superb save top left in front of the boarded section that was to become the new South Stand. Down to a deflected goal, Tash Harding was fouled (by Vicki Losada?) for a penalty and Nicki Watts fired home in the 83rd minute, giving the girls a 2-1 R16 win over two legs.

It was a famous win in Europe for the club (albeit in the formative era) and a headline result for the newly-appointed Dave Edmondson. The team was:

Earps
Rose (c)
Matthews
McCatty
Dykes
James
Ingle
Harding
Yorston
Natalia

Subs:
Evans A (GK)
Keka
Laura Del Rio
Brown
Evans G
Simmonds-Bird
Hurst

Some names to remember there.

The thought that we could win against the Barcelona of today is somewhat fanciful, although we have moved on enormously in terms of club structure and investment in comparison. It just goes to show how time and football has changed - and how much more of an old man I feel too!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Parkwaymom said:

I don’t think the Lansdown’s have any interest in the women. My belief is they only took Bristol Academy on when Rovers left the EFL for a while, because they would have looked such dinosaurs if they forced the club to go to somewhere like Swindon or Cheltenham. They have done the minimum they can get away with until the last Euros suddenly made them realise that there might be a market for it. Even this summer the CEO left and no recruitment of any other sort appeared to happen until a new one was in place, which probably didn’t give Lauren much time to have a cohesive squad at the start of the season. The very long summer break could have been used to get some togetherness going if recruitment hadn’t been left until preseason was beginning. 

To be fair, SL and his wife attended quite a few games around 10 years ago at the Stoke Gifford Stadium.