IGNORED

Top 6

Guest Top Corner

Guest Top Corner

I thought I'd post this whilst I'm still feeling a tad optimistic, although I'm not really sure why.

Perhaps it's something to do with the fact that we have hardly hit the heights this season and are still only a point away from the play-offs and are only now threatening to hit a bit of form, with the Wilkshire/Tinnion central midfield partnership possibly going to give us the extra goals and creation to really make a difference, and this being from an area of the side which hasn't exactly been renowned for its creativity in recent times.

We've got a good unit of defenders and up front I think the likes of Peacock, an improving and ever more confident Miller and Roberts will score sufficient goals, as long as they continue to be provided with ample enough chances from a more attack minded team.

Anyway for what it's worth, I still think a top 2 berth is well within our grasp. QPR are beginning to put a good run together based on a solid home record, although I think Plymouth may have already peaked with that goal burst a month or so ago and although I think they will secure a play off position, I don't think they have it within them to grab an automatiuc berth.

For me the top 6 will finish as follows :-

Top 2 : QPR, Us.

Play offs : Plymouth, Brighton, Barnsley, Swindle. A late surge in April from Sheff Wed. won't be quite good enough to take them into the play off's.

As I said I thought I'd post this whilst I'm feeling optimistic, because after the next batch of league results I'll probably be feeling totally different and predicting an altogether different top 6!

Archived