IGNORED

Swansea City (h) - 15:00 Sat 24th Oct - Matchday thread

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Red Bill said:

Am in Spain - perfect signal -tried different servers - Grrrr

1 minute ago, Red Bill said:

Am in Spain - perfect signal -tried different servers - Grrrr

This is what puts me off subscribing to it every time I come on here people are complaining and having trouble with it.

Seems an interesting selection!

Shame Mawson injured, we really needed one more CB in the window. Our injuries since about 2017/18 have been incredible, what the hell do they do in training!

Martin and Semenyo seems an interesting pair, not a problem with it. Interesting to see how him plus Brunt and Sessegnon do on their first start. 

I worry about that CM 3, just feels a bit shoehorned. Weimann is more natural higher up the pitch, Brunt is 35, 36 in December.

Bit surprised neither one of Massengo or Nagy can make the bench given Walsh, Williams injured, Morrell sold, Palmer loaned.

Nice to see DaSilva back, better outlet for one.

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

This is what puts me off subscribing to it every time I come on here people are complaining and having trouble with it.

I gave up on it last season as it spent most of the game buffering 

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I worry about that CM 3, just feels a bit shoehorned. Weimann is more natural higher up the pitch, Brunt is 35, 36 in December.

Bit surprised neither one of Massengo or Nagy can make the bench given Walsh, Williams injured, Morrell sold, Palmer loaned.

I suspect as/when Williams and Walsh are fit we will see a shift in the structure of midfield. We'll stick with 352 I expect but I can't see us using this 1 CDM and 2 8's once the whole said is fit.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

I suspect as/when Williams and Walsh are fit we will see a shift in the structure of midfield. We'll stick with 352 I expect but I can't see us using this 1 CDM and 2 8's once the whole said is fit.

True, but I'm a bit surprised how low down the pecking order Nagy and Massengo have fallen. First is an international with fairly good performances and strong in possession, and second is a junior International of great promise, to both not even make the bench given injuries? Mind you can say same about Morrell yet he was sold! All genuine CMs.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

True, but I'm a bit surprised how low down the pecking order Nagy and Massengo have fallen. First is an international with fairly good performances and strong in possession, and second is a junior International of great promise, to both not even make the bench given injuries? Mind you can say same about Morrell yet he was sold! All genuine CMs.

I guess the coaching staff just don't want to play them. Both are LJ signings and you never know what reservations Holden had/has about them. 

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It is. Two evenly matched sides up to now.

Its much like the same game last season, isn't it? Two good footballing sides, some good technical stuff, good to watch, but almost cancelling each other out and not many chances. Didn't that finish 0-0?

Feels like we make the wrong choice quite often. Trying low percentage balls into the strikers when there’s more simple passes on to move us up the pitch. Then when Weimann makes a great run to break the lines, Brunt plays it simple instead of popping it over the top. Sessegnon hitting it from 40 yards when they’re out of shape after a counter. Paterson rushing his shot after that great run etc

Seems to be a theme I’ve noted a lot under Holden so far. I know we want to do things quickly, but still needs a little more composure. 

Archived