IGNORED

Ryan Giggs arrested on suspicion of assaulting his partner

Unan

57 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I'm not sure why there seems to be all this speculation about a possible new Wales manager/coach.

The present incumbent appears to be doing quite well.

It'd be harsh on Page if he didn't at least get the job to the end of the year after guiding them to qualification.

• Like 2

Jeez, it makes Vogon poetry sound like a cross between Wordsworth & Byron !

BTW I laughed at the "well endowed" bit because I have it on good authority from a girl (well, woman now) who "met" said Giggs on holiday abroad when he was just becoming famous, and according to her, he was MOST disappointing in the trouser department !

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

BTW I laughed at the "well endowed" bit because I have it on good authority from a girl (well, woman now) who "met" said Giggs on holiday abroad when he was just becoming famous, and according to her, he was MOST disappointing in the trouser department !

Not as big a d1ck as he's become now, then!

• Haha 1

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Please make it stop. Obviously thinking of two different words beginning with L was beyond him.

FahQq38aUAAkfDr.jpg

Probably because super injunction begins with “S”. Lies and (incredibly expensive) Lawyers both begin with L, though?

Obviously we await a verdict before saying too much but I think Ferguson & Neville are really going to regret their decision to get involved here.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Please make it stop. Obviously thinking of two different words beginning with L was beyond him.

FahQq38aUAAkfDr.jpg

He could have done a musical version..

Unfortunately I couldn't find a clip of Morecambe & Wise doing this with Angela Rippon.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Does Ryan Giggs only know one word that begins with L?

He's Welsh, so knows this one.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

but that would stretch his literary ability way beyond it's limits!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

He wore plus fours ?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, downendcity said:

He's Welsh, so knows this one.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

but that would stretch his literary ability way beyond it's limits!

? I hope you love my cock

as much as we all love Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.?

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Obviously we await a verdict before saying too much but I think Ferguson & Neville are really going to regret their decision to get involved here.

Interesting choice for a character witness, said individual was famous for threatening, bullying and intimidating match officials and indeed the odd player or two.. one received a cut eyebrow at half time.... Hardly Mother Theresa 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Does Ryan Giggs only know one word that begins with L?

He got to think himself lucky he had a bit of talent as a footballer, he certainly is too thick as shite to be anything else

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Interesting choice for a character witness, said individual was famous for threatening, bullying and intimidating match officials and indeed the odd player or two.. one received a cut eyebrow at half time.... Hardly Mother Theresa 

I don’t really get the point of character witnesses in this sort of trial. If someone is accused of assaulting their partner, surely how they behave around their work colleagues or their boss is completely irrelevant as it is an entirely different dynamic?

I struggle to imagine a murder trial where a defence team presented a number of people who were still alive to say they weren’t murdered by the accused and that be presented as some sort of defence and the logic feels similar…

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

20 hours ago, downendcity said:

Unfortunately I couldn't find a clip of Morecambe & Wise doing this with Angela Rippon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tSzTcBjNaw

If you have access to a VPN, then this has it at 1:45!

20 hours ago, downendcity said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tSzTcBjNaw

If you have access to a VPN, then this has it at 1:45!

Former Manchester United footballer and ex-Wales manager Ryan Giggs will not face a retrial on an allegation he assaulted his ex-girlfriend.

It comes after charges were withdrawn by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) at a hearing at Manchester Crown Court.

Mr Giggs, 48, denied assault and controlling or coercive behaviour towards Kate Greville, 38, and assaulting her sister Emma.

Judge Hilary Manley directed that he was not guilty on all three counts.

The retrial had been due to start at Manchester Crown Court on 31 July.

Jurors failed to reach verdicts following more than 20 hours of deliberations in his four-week trial in August last year.

He was not in court as the judge had agreed he need not attend.

His defence barrister, Chris Daw KC, said: "Mr Giggs is deeply relieved that the case has finally come to an end after almost three years of fighting to clear his name.

"He now intends to rebuild his life and career as an innocent man."

• Sad 1