IGNORED

Bristol City v Millwall Match Day 19

Robin Wood

20 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Yes playing in a 4-3-3 does not suit him. Happy to see him start in 3-5-2 though, for me Fammy does not work in that line-up as his usual trampoline touch means he brings nobody into play.

Have said for a while that Diedhiou is best as the middle striker in a three and Martin is best in a two where he can get a strike partner close to him.

It's been really frustrating to see both players consistently used in the opposite systems!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Incredible that Fam doesn’t start, the last 2 home wins have been 1-0 & he has scored.

I genuinely don’t care whether he is signing a new deal or not, he has barely featured this season & would allow us to give Martin a deserved break.

Likely to play on Friday...

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Millwall gone 433326DC22E-1794-4614-9BCE-1434B812BCD5.thumb.jpeg.97ca5fb27e6132fae3223dde0407563d.jpeg

playing the same front 3 that pressed our back 4 so well last season.

Therefore has Holden outwitted Rowett.

We shall see.

in fact wonder if Williams will move into back 3???

Interesting that 3 former City players are on the bench.

19 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Eventually Dean will make a team selection which works - and that's my worry that he just keeps shuffling the cards in hope rather than a planned strategy.

I get what you mean, but last time he didn't shuffle the cards and people were complaining that it was a foolish decision.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, M.D said:

This formation will suit him, he drops deep and links up play. Wells is the goal scorer, Martin drops deep for Nagy and HNM to run past him feeding Wells with Bakinson dictating play ..

Definitely - Be great to see Wells centrally attacking with Martin supporting & feeding the ball through. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Bristol City v Millwall Match Day 19
36 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Eventually Dean will make a team selection which works - and that's my worry that he just keeps shuffling the cards in hope rather than a planned strategy.

Damned if he doesn, damned if he doesnt. He kept the same team people screamed out for change, he changes it and he's got no plan?

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I just people allow him time.  Can't be expected to come in and fly straight away...I hope he does though..

Do you agree when he first came in that he actually looked like a pretty good player for a few games? I didn't just make that up did I?

He must have something about him to have played Champion's league football so young

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Do you agree when he first came in that he actually looked like a pretty good player for a few games? I didn't just make that up did I?

He must have something about him to have played Champion's league football so young

i may be mistaken, but didn't nagy and massengo both play 45 mins in their first game - 2 halves of same game? if i remember that correctly, both were hugely impressive...

Edited by DolmanGaz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DolmanGaz said:

i may be mistaken, but didn't nagy and massengo both play 45 mins in their first game - 3 halves of same game? if i remember that correctly, both were hugely impressive...

I cant remember without looking it up, I think though Nagy actually played less time than I remember, but I think i went to the first couple fo games they played and was really impressed by them both

Ahhhh Wells, wouldn't fall for him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

I cant remember without looking it up, I think though Nagy actually played less time than I remember, but I think i went to the first couple fo games they played and was really impressed by them both

Ahhhh Wells, wouldn't fall for him

early massengo games he was like JET, just couldn't muscle him off the ball 

• Like 1