IGNORED

Iseyeden Christie

Robbored

Its a major suprise to me that no-one snapped up Christie from Mansfield after their relegation last season.He scored loads of goals for them and looked a very good player.

He's doing the same this season as well albeit in a lower league.He looked the best player on the pitch tonight at Wycombe and scored the Mansfield goal.He was a threat throughout with his pace and quick thinking.He was unlucky with a sublime pull down and shot which shaved the post.

City fans go on about missing a natural goalscorer at City and "Old man" one pace Robins gets the vote for many.

Well, forget that never was and get Wilson to seriously look at Christie if he wants to improve City scoring potential.He'd cost a few a quid but would worth every penny in my view.

I think you should remember that we already have a vast array of Strikers at our club, most of them young and inexperienced. IF and that is a big IF Danny does bring in another forward player this season then it will be to add experience and proven ability at a higher level. Iyesden Christie does not match this criteria so I think we can put this idea to bed at least for this season.

Our forward options;

Lee Peacock

Lee Miller

Lee Matthews

Leroy Lita

Christian Roberts

Marvin Brown

Lee McGuire

We've signed an excellent striker in Miller and i don't want anybody else brought in to limit his chances of an extended run.

First choice from Mansfield would be Lawrence, preferably in a double deal with 2nd choice Disley.

If we got these two our current strikers would have no problem hitting the back of the net with the chances created.

All assuming we've put our absurd propensity for hitting the woodwork behind us for a while.

I'm not a Christie fan at all, I've seen him play a fair few times for mansfield and he's generally been unimpressive. I remember a newspaper article last season (guardian?) which interviewed him and made a large point of his sudden popularity with mansifield fans. Until last season i believe his scoring record was something like one every 5-6 games which i'm sure you'll agree is hardly impressive as a third division striker. Maybe he's turned the corner and is now a goal scoring menace but i very much doubt i'd swap him for any of our strikers.

Has already proved himself at our low level.Although we have an abundance of strikers none of them seem to have the dimension of natural instinctive predatory goal scoring skills.Indeed question marks of sustained fitness,goal scoring regularity,& fulfilling youthful promise hang over the heads of three of them.

Undoubtedly D.W. is well aware of Christie's strengths & weaknesses but has felt no need to secure his services.His arrival or indeed anyone elses would only appear possible by departures first.

Archived