IGNORED

Itv - It's A Disgrace.......

Guest erniehuntslovechild

Guest erniehuntslovechild

I read (WDP) that Soccer Sunday is being replaced by a Soccer Night on a Thursday at 11:30pm with brief highlights of games. I know it's a bit amateurish but soccer sunday is our only link with local sides.

It won't do any good but if you want to complain to ITV about this total disregard for teams outside the Premiership then email http://www.itvregions.com/form_feedback.php?region=West

I read (WDP) that Soccer Sunday is being replaced by a Soccer Night on a Thursday at 11:30pm with brief highlights of games. I know it's a bit amateurish but soccer sunday is our only link with local sides.

It won't do any good but if you want to complain to ITV about this total disregard for teams outside the Premiership then email http://www.itvregions.com/form_feedback.php?region=West

For what its worth i just gave them an earfull. :@

Guest citychik

I've heard this so many times. For what its worth, here are my views:

a) The programme was so inadequate it really doesnt matter if its broadcast or not.

b) The only way to get decent coverage is to get promotion.

I've heard this so many times. For what its worth, here are my views:

a) The programme was so inadequate it really doesnt matter if its broadcast or not.

b) The only way to get decent coverage is to get promotion.

a) I cannont agree strongly enough.

b) lots of coverage next season then :):)

No point.

Not only is ITV's coverage of local sport absolutely terrible but they don't make any programmes of quality at all, preferring to pandering to moronic lowest common demoninator stuff.

Not that BBC are any better for sport, I saw their piece on Points West about Tinman's 11 years at the Gate just prior to walking down to the ground for his testimonial and could have blinked and missed it, not only that, but that Liverpool goal aside what they showed was poorly edited and poorly chosen.

Third level football and so third rate coverage, I reckon.

unfortuantly if you want to watch decent sport you have to fork out for sky and even they dont have local highlights. I would not be without sky though but i could quite easily be without bbc and itv as they are both **** for sport apart from every 2 years.

I think it is a disgrace and am surprised by people's defeatism "won't make any difference" etc. Many said that about the US civil rights movement, and apartheid..and female suffrage!

Also if the programme was so bad how come so many are upset about it being cut? May not have had the money and time many of us wanted- but this new thing just makes it far worse. We could see national goals anyway on Nationwide Extra. Now we will only ever see bcfc goals- nothing more- on tv. It is a real shame for all clubs around the country.

It is not an improved service- it is cost cutting- so they can make more profit or to supply advertising space cheaper. It in no way benefits the viewer. I think we should stand up and protest and do everything we can to avoid the nation becoming totally apathetic towards non-Premiership football.

HTV is shat anyway.

They don't have any interest in football whatsoever.

The other week they did'nt even mention Matt Hill signing a new contract.

Surely for Gods sake, news regarding an important key player re-signing at the West country's top club should make local TV coverage ?

Archived