IGNORED

Match Day Thread: Wycombe (a) - 19:00

Davefevs

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Either way it's a personal decision if you want to take the knee and not one dependant on the number of spectators.

Taking the knee has almost become a ritual rather than a symbol and I think it’s largely lost its meaning now. It’s just 9 seconds that nobody watching really pays any attention to.

• Like 6

Just now, BigTone said:

Either way it's a personal decision if you want to take the knee and not one dependant on the number of spectators.

Taking the knee was a was to help spread the message, while showing support.

What would the point be of someone working the average office job taking the knee?

Who would they be spreading the message to?

Now ask the same question but about footballers who are watched by thousands of people every game.

Than ask yourself what issue do you have with a completely non political gesture, supporting equality, that lasts a matter of seconds?

I'm not accusing you of anything, just genuinely asking what issue do you have with it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two really poor quality sides here. Rowe looks hopeless, not quite sure what Nagy’s doing out on the right and Fam’s done more work in our own box than Wycombe’s. Tremendous strike from Bakinson was the only moment of class. The rest, dross. 

Not exaclty high on quality/consistancy but i enjoyed that 45, Wycombe present a different challenge to your usual Champ fixture.

Would love to see a Massengo goal, he's certainly a bit further foward tonight.

• Like 3

Just now, Southport Red said:

Please can we discuss politic BLM on the appropriate threads and just comment on the appalling football on this one?

how can BLM be political if Sky flashes adverts for them during games and shows massive BLM banners in grounds - surely totally illegal?

• Like 1

We're so careless with the ball sometimes. Passes are rarely crisp and one poor one gets badly controlled, moved on in an even worse pass, and then the third one is way off target or just lost.

We give away possession totally needlessly under even light amounts of pressure way too often in my opinion and it's usually of our own making due to sloppiness.

• Like 3

Just now, IAmNick said:

We're so careless with the ball sometimes. Passes are rarely crisp and one poor one gets badly controlled, moved on in an even worse pass, and then the third one is way off target or just lost.

We give away possession totally needlessly under even light amounts of pressure way too often in my opinion and it's usually of our own making due to sloppiness.

Our passing has been shocking for a couple seasons now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, myol'man said:

JET still scoring in the Highland league 

Think he'd be a really good squad player for either Old Firm side. Given their dominance he wouldn't have to defend a great deal and could just wander around and bang in a lot of goals. 

1st Half Summary:

So diamonds not forever, not even for 45 minutes....NP going with his trusty (???) 4231.

Lacking in quality, not helped by pitch, but it took one fine strike from Tyreeq Bakinson - perhaps coupled with good man-management from NP?

Massengo tigerish again, if only he'd not slipped at the vital moment inside 5 mins.

Bakinson good again, without the goal to add to marked improvement.

Nagy got better in his role as the half wore on, but please, please make a tackle.

Sessegnon doing well on his first start as a RB for City (other starts RWB or LB).

As a team we took 30+ minutes to get Lansbury screening in front of Ikpeazu, and then we start to see Kalas win ball.  In fact it was TK's won header that led to the goal, albeit after Stewart miscued his clearance.

Wells frustrating, Diedhiou just so on his heels, resembling Bambi on ice.  A waste of a shirt.

Rowe finding it a struggle on the ball, but doing his defensive stuff well enough.

Lansbury showing some bits of quality, but perhaps too keen to play first time....take a touch son.

Need to improve second half, or WW will get a spell at some point.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Agree it’s a personal decision. I’ve no problem with Kalas not taking it. But those who think it should end deny others their right.

Its not dependent on whether there are 1000 or 10000 spectators, but clearly if you’re making a statement then it’s not really going to achieve much in front of zero spectators - which is where this began in relation to other people’s work.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Is anyone else thinking we'd have been better off if Lansbury's red hadn't been struck off.

He distributes the ball with the accuracy of a blind man playing tennis.

No, one of the best players on the pitch but I guess we all need a scapegoat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Defended okay mainly. 

Our left looks very vulnerable. Poor defensively and nothing going forward down that side. Right side a lot more solid with Sessegnon and Nagy in front of him. Nagy not been great in forward areas but at least Sessegnon can sprint up and past him to support.

Combos John.  Nagy narrower than AS or SP have played it, guess what? room for the RB to overlap.  Simple stuff!!!!

Bakinson been class again. We look like we might do something when he gets it. Some like him and Massengo need better around them, especially in front of them.

so, agree ✅✅✅

Occasionally we move it well but then it only takes one who isn't on that technically good level to mess it up!

Wells having a poor game and Fam taking the knocks but hold up play not much better than we've been seeing for some time.

Fam again allowing their CBs too many uncontested headers.  Does my head in.  Thinking of getting my boots back out ???

Would like to see Semenyo and possibly Janneh on for Wells and Fam on 60 odd minutes.

Conway for Fam for me.

13 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Taking the knee has almost become a ritual rather than a symbol and I think it’s largely lost its meaning now. It’s just 9 seconds that nobody watching really pays any attention to.

Exactly. It would mean more if a few players did it out of belief rather than the whole team because they think they should for the public.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I would say Wycombe could collapse hereof we get a second given their current circumstance. But then I doubt they would just ease off because of relegation.

What, you mean like another team in blue quarters did last night? ?

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Exactly. It would mean more if a few players did it out of belief rather than the whole team because they think they should for the public.

Maybe if the Govt admitted it was an issue, and attempted to deal with it, players might feel they didn't need to. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Nagy has been quite wide a lot of that half I thought. No doubt naturally likes to come narrow.

My main problem is the left side. Right side looked very solid so far and occasionally looks decent going forward, though didn't happen much.

he is at times, but knows when to come narrow to create room for SS.  Antoine just stays on the line....unless he's dribbling - frustrating....and easy to defend.

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

But the fact is none of us know which of those is the case.

There are players and teams who choose not to take the knee, so all we know for certain is that they aren't forced to do it.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

But the fact is none of us know which of those is the case.

There are players and teams who choose not to take the knee, so all we know for certain is that they aren't forced to do it.

But some on here expect it

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

Terrible shooting technique time after time.

It’s not just his shooting. His all round game is unbelievably poor.

I’m actually shocked he’s played at the level he has. Hey he might be a guy short of confidence, but he’s looked well below par in nearly every game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

If everything stays like this, we could swap places if get get zero points in our remaining games and Rovrum win all theirs. T’other two can’t catch us. 

Derby can't catch us either SR.

No 1 beat me to it.

Edited by Ska Junkie

Just now, Southport Red said:

If everything stays like this, we could swap places if get get zero points in our remaining games and Rovrum win all theirs. T’other two can’t catch us. 

Got to include Derby. Their max is 52. So, win tonight, mathematically safe.

I mean, we are pretty safe anyway.