IGNORED

Tomorrows Game

Guest Leroy's_Gulls

Guest Leroy's_Gulls

evening all

looks like we're going to be lambs to the slaughter tomorrow judging by some of your predictions, personally i dont beleive torquay have anything to fear, we're massive underdogs, and i think u'll find the vast majority are going tomorrow for a good day out whatever the result

a word of warning though, we play very good football at times, and we will create chances, just depends on wether we can put them away

anyways, see ya tomorrow, bright and early at the nova scotia or the robbins pub for drinkies :Party12: :Party12: :Party12: :Party12:

Guest Leroy's_Gulls
I do think people are not so much underestimating you as overestimating us. Although I don't have much knowledge of your team.

Torquay = fast attacking football last season, david graham has now gone so its difficult to say really, i am worried that leroy will go 4-5-1 tomorrow to combat your 4-3-3 which we've been hearing about down here, torquay cant defend for 80mins and hope to nick it at the end they cant play like that

Guest Leroy's_Gulls
You aint lambs to the slaughter mate ! People are getting carried away on this forum, but it isn't in any way representative of the majority of City supporters who are more realistic. Have a good day in Bristol regardless of the result - for what it's worth, I think it'll be a draw.

i think every teams fans get a bit carried away at this time, new season, new players and in your case new manager

we'll enjoy our day out regardless of the result and hopefully put on a good show

I'ld stear way clear of the Robins mate, people who go there there are usually well rowdy!!! :whistle::P

Na, it's a decent pub. Enjoy your morning and early afternoon, make the most of it because you are not going to have a good afternoon from 3 onwards tomorrow.

Take care :laugh:

Personally, I have always had a soft spot for Torquay as for years they've always been struggling to survive in the bottom division with very low level funds and they are a West Country side and now with a manager with a City connection.

Since Leroy took over he has managed to turn a no hope outfit into a promotion team and part of me wants them to put up a good show tomorrow although not to win.I certainly hope that the Gulls stay up this season and their result will one of the top ones that I look for at 5pm each Saturday along with the Gas,Yeovil and Ch'tnam and any promotion rivals.

Last season I even went to see the Gulls play at the Memorial ground and stood in the away end with their traveling fans.It was a 1-1 draw as I recall and Torquay squandered two great chances in the last in min.

Good luck to them to them for the season - after tomorrow!

Guest Leroy's_Gulls
Personally, I have always had a soft spot for Torquay as for years they've always been struggling to survive in the bottom division with very low level funds and they are a West Country side and now with a manager with a City connection.

Since Leroy took over he has managed to turn a no hope outfit into a promotion team and part of me wants them to put up a good show tomorrow although not to win.I certainly hope that the Gulls stay up this season and their result will one of the top ones that I look for at 5pm each Saturday along with the Gas,Yeovil and Ch'tnam and any promotion rivals.

Last season I even went to see the Gulls play at the Memorial ground and stood in the away end with their traveling fans.It was a 1-1 draw as I recall and Torquay squandered two great chances in the last in min.

Good luck to them to them for the season - after tomorrow!

last season it ended 2-2 at the mem, united were 2-0 up, but fair play to rovers they deserved a point at least

not sure about your "no hope outfit" remark, leroy took the same team roy mcfarland left behind, they had potential just no confidence, and probably one of leroy's biggest assetts is the ability to fill players with confidence

also it will be nice to actually watch a match in bristol today without having to have a neck massage afterwards, the away end at the mem is terrible

Archived