IGNORED

So Where Did You Sit Today?

Robbored

What a bunch of fickle partimers City have that call themselves "supporters".

Only 6 and a half thousand and todays game.What a disgrace.

No doubt they'll come out with the usual bleats about being skint or "its christmas" but if City get past B'lsey and draw a big club in the next round they'll all be flooding back.

At least I was there showing my loyalty to the club.

Guest profplum86

No doubt they'll come out with the usual bleats about being skint or "its christmas" but if City get past B'lsey and draw a big club in the next round they'll all be flooding back.

yeh i am sorry - 1) i am skint, and 2) if i go to the gate i have been informed by one of the stewards that i will be banned for the rest of the season, so i am saving it for a good big game or maybe when we are just in form. i also expect that the 4,000 other have been banned for SH!T offences such as standing up

Guest KingswoodRed

Didn't take you long did it?

Same ole #### if there isn't at least 12,000 down there.........

......now get on the Barnsley site now and tell them how fickle they are too.

While you are at it.......seasrch for all official web sites and say the same to them as you have to us for what seems likes forever.

I have to thank you though.

When my 7 year old says she isn't tired, or won't go to bed, I threaten her with reading out the same ole tripe that comes from you regarding 'part-timers'.

Her last words are 'Night Dad'.

:Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12:

Guest BCFC Matt

I was there today.

Clist was particuarly impressive with brian in the middle of the park.

Too be honest i had to make sure it was simon clist out there - it was a nice surprise!

It was a good performance by city but very frustrating that the damn ball wouldnt go in! :ph34r:

Agree prices could be a possible factor for todays attendance. (????)

I am a regular ST holder and i attended today but, tend to leave out most cup games, £14 to get in? disgracefull. But who died and left you to be judge robbored? Just because i don't particularly like cup games and pick and choose. Doesn't make me any less of a fan than you. Not only that i actually lose over £100 in earnings every time i watch city on a saturday. I expect you don't. How many times have you posted this subject now? If you and others keep on showing complete contempt for other "floating fans" then there's no way they are going to come back to a league game or maybe another cup tie. Thus less money for city who have taken ridiculous amounts from me and my family already. I do respect fellow loyal fans (you included robbered) but can't stand it when people like me get bashed for not attending the smaller cup ties when its such a time and financial commitment that i and others have to make.

Guest profplum86
I am a regular ST holder and i attended today but, tend to leave out most cup games, £14 to get in? disgracefull. But who died and left you to be judge robbored? Just because i don't particularly like cup games and pick and choose. Doesn't make me any less of a fan than you. Not only that i actually lose over £100 in earnings every time i watch city on a saturday. I expect you don't. How many times have you posted this subject now? If you and others keep on showing complete contempt for other "floating fans" then there's no way they are going to come back to a league game or maybe another cup tie. Thus less money for city who have taken ridiculous amounts from me and my family already. I do respect fellow loyal fans (you included robbered) but can't stand it when people like me get bashed for not attending the smaller cup ties when its such a time and financial commitment that i and others have to make.

i agree fully

aswell as the fact that i didnt come, there are other people i know who didnt come. they are all students and again, they are pretty skint.

how dare you condem us?! i have spent £108 or so quid a year the last few seasons on a season ticket, but this year got told i was going to be banned for the season for standing up. so why on earth would i spend £108 more just to get banned ? i support the team and i used to go down to watch good football and sing.

if the club werent so lame as to ban me for standing up, or so stupid as to think severnside was a good idea, then i would support them aswell. why spend money on re-developing or moving when we cant even fill the gate because of us so called "part timers"?

I got to be honest, I tend to skip posts like this. I haven't missed a home game in any competition for over a year, however, I consider myself no more a fan than somebody who manages 1 game a season.

Love of a club is in the heart and should not be based by what you spend in a season.

I know that without fans that go regularly the club will be up chit street, however, nobody has the right to challenge anybody how they choose to spend their money and live their life.

Why not just accept the fact that some fans like to go as often as possible, some are more choosey, however, we all have a common interest and our all equally fans. :ph34r:

Why not just accept the fact that some fans like to go as often as possible, some are more choosey, however, we all have a common interest and our all equally fans.

...and then there's Robbored. I await his usual reponse of "I was only joking, you all fell for it" etc etc.

I took my brother down today, he lives on the south coast and rarely attends. he thought we were well worth the win.

I have to say I was embarrassed to find out it was £14 after I had led him to believe the prices had been cut for the day! :ph34r:

Guest profplum86
I was sat in the Dolman as usual today and it was so exciting I don't think my ar#e left my seat - the players should have their excessive salaries withheld after todays shambles.

what are the players on ?

i know prem players are on silly amounts, but does anyone know roughly what a few of our players are on ?

Change the tune for god's sake man!

If everyone had endless amounts of money then we'd have 17,000 each week, but that isn't the way.

Guest profplum86
<br /> Change the tune for god's sake man!

If everyone had endless amounts of money then we'd have 17,000 each week, but that isn't the way.

cant agree more, i do think it would be great for the club to get more fans, but not everyone can afford a season ticket, not everyone, can get to every game anyway.

do you have anything to say about this robbored ?

It's christmas and I really do have not a penny to my name and I live 67 miles away from ashton gate and have no car

I think thats enough of a reason for me not to be there.

Still I don't think you need to shell out £10-£18 and watch your team play poorly to be a "loyal supporter"... I mean people have lives other than football and even when we were top of the league and rivaling Watford a few seasons back and I had my season ticket I didnt turn up to quite a few matches because I was otherwise engaged.

Still if City play poorly as often as they are this season then people are going to stop attending... it's the same with any club.

Some people feel that being there every game makes you a loyal supporter whereas some others see not turning up when the club is underperforming as a way of showing the club they are unhappy with how things are and how they want to see the club they love play better and go somewhere.

Guest pogue mahone

here we go again.

award yourself 100 points for an away trip in the ldv to boston on a tuesday.

award yourself 50 points for an away league trip to stockport on a saturday.

award yourself 25 points for an away trip to swindon on a tuesday or sunday.

award yourself 10,000 points for caring who was or wasn't there. and call yourself the club's no 1 self-appointed saddoe.

who cares ?

Whether or not I agree with the majority of Robored's slightly tongue in cheek post is irrelevant, the fact is that his main point is afair one.

None of this part timer #### but the fact that the attendance was just 6k is a disgrace. I think sometimes we are kidding ourselves when we think we are a big club, what would Sheffield Wedesday have pulled in for today's game?

How many were at Yeovil too out of interest (not saying there were more, I am actually just genuinely interested as football seems to have really taken off there!)

Guest profplum86

ok so robbored has one person who agree's

fRed why is it you think that people who can't afford to go to EVERY city match should be classed as a part timer ?

I AM A STUDENT - therefore only have a part time job that pays somethign like £375 p/h at sainsbury's i do my best to get to the city matches i can, but the other thing that stops me going is the fact that everyimte i stand up to cheerthe team on i get a ban

does that mean that you are a better supporter than me or anyone else?

NO!

:PC_Plod: Edited for swearing :PC_Plod:

fRed why is it you think that people who can't afford to go to EVERY city match should be classed as a part timer ?

I didn't say or imply that :ph34r:

Many people can't afford to goto every match, so they'll pick their games. A season ticket isn't cheap!

I was disappointed by the low attendance today, I expect the fact that we met them in the league 2 weeks ago had something to do with it. Everyone's waiting for the big draw in round 3 before getting their money out.

Guest profplum86
<br /> I didn't say or imply that  :ph34r:

Many people can't afford to goto every match, so they'll pick their games.  A season ticket isn't cheap!

I was disappointed by the low attendance today, I expect the fact that we met them in the league 2 weeks ago had something to do with it.  Everyone's waiting for the big draw in round 3 before getting their money out.

ok, well in that case an apology(sp) is in order......

*kneels down*

"sorry fRed":)

I AM A STUDENT - therefore only have a part time job that pays somethign awful like £375 p/h

with respect, I think you could have sacrificed 2.24 minutes wages to come to the gate?

on a wage like that you could have bought my ticket too!!!!!

Guest profplum86
<br /> with respect, I think you could have sacrificed 2.24 minutes wages to come to the gate?

on a wage like that you could have bought my ticket too!!!!!

oh, well you really are a funny bugger arnet you mr jones, i am soooo sorry, if when i stated that i got £375 p/h confused your feeble mind, but most mature people would FIRSTLY of understood that i blatnelty meant £3.75 - and yes i am eternally sorry for the typo. and SECONDLY wouldnt of been sad or lame enough to work out, how long i would have to work before i had enough money to buy myself a ticket.

3 words for you

SORT YOURSELF OUT

Hilarity.

Good to see the usual people chewing on the bait.

Hook, line and sinker.

Not sure its bait, as the anount of times such utter drivel and repetition come out of Robbered about the same subject is untrue.

got to laugh at

When my 7 year old says she isn't tired, or won't go to bed, I threaten her with reading out the same ole tripe that comes from you regarding 'part-timers'.

Her last words are 'Night Dad'.

had a rye smile on my face thinking , well done for saying what most think.

Guest Bigdave60
Whether or not I agree with the majority of Robored's slightly tongue in cheek post is irrelevant, the fact is that his main point is  afair one.

None of this part timer #### but the fact that the attendance was just 6k is a disgrace.  I think sometimes we are kidding ourselves when we think we are a big club, what would Sheffield Wedesday have pulled in for today's game?

How many were at Yeovil too out of interest (not saying there were more, I am actually just genuinely interested as football seems to have really taken off there!)

As i have quoted on another thread, the attendence was not great but was the second highest yesterday.

Guest Cider Red Sam
I got to be honest, I tend to skip posts like this.  I haven't missed a home game in any competition for over a year, however, I consider myself no more a fan than somebody who manages 1 game a season.

Love of a club is in the heart and should not be based by what you spend in a season. 

I know that without fans that go regularly the club will be up chit street, however, nobody has the right to challenge anybody how they choose to spend their money and live their life. 

Why not just accept the fact that some fans like to go as often as possible, some are more choosey, however, we all have a common interest and our all equally fans.  :ph34r:

Top post, and i gotta say i agree 100% with everything you said

here we go again.

award yourself 10,000 points for caring who was or wasn't there. and call yourself the club's no 1 self-appointed saddoe.

who cares ?

That isn't a fair system atall.

Out of the 55 games (out of 60) I went to last season, Boston was one of those I missed.

I also missed Stockport, which was ironically the last match I missed.

And we played Swindon on a Wednesday night.

What to do? What to do?

:ph34r:

Guest profplum86
<br /> That isn't a fair system atall.

Out of the 55 games (out of 60) I went to last season, Boston was one of those I missed.

I also missed Stockport, which was ironically the last match I missed.

And we played Swindon on a Wednesday night.

What to do? What to do?

:ph34r:

well i would get 50 points......and i suppose i could appeal for the 25 points for swindon away even if it was on the wrong day. Boston i didnt go to, poor excuse but i have college - ful time, but to be honest i didnt really fancy the trip

Guest dolmanred

Yes you're right, I am skint for christmas, and I am working saturdays to try and get some money together. We don't all have the money/time to be able to go every game.

I had a season ticket for the last 5 seasons, and because I can't go this year because of work does that make me less of a fan than you?

How many of you so called fulltimers are making the 280 mile journey to Hartlepool in January? I'll be there, but because I didn't go on saturday that makes me a part timer?

here we go again.

who cares ?

So, I have to go to Boston on a Tuesday 100 times just to equal those fans who care who was there? That's so unfair.

Can't you come up with another scoring scheme? I'm still on zero points :)

Guest graham b
<br /> So, I have to go to Boston on a Tuesday 100 times just to equal those fans who care who was there?  That's so unfair.

Especially as we played Boston on a Wednesday :)

Robbored, Ive said it before - your an idiot.

City fans dont need excuses, if we cant make it for whatever reason, it dosent make you anymore of a city fan than the rest of us!

Now please, lets not have anymore pathetic post about so-called 'partimers'.

Did not get back to the game, but have to say was genuinely surprised by the low crowd.

However, in the cup I hate repeats of league games, especially when its been on recently. The chance to watch somebody different is a lot of what it is about. Have noticed games this time of season have low crowds, and then big ones over the holiday, when people just want to get out!

so 5,000 city fans are skint and 14 quid is expensive

.................well there my be many who are hard up but methinks quite a few more who might just deserve that fickle tag.

Couldn't have said it better meself!!..... B)

so 5,000 city fans are skint and 14 quid is expensive

.................well there my be many who are hard up but methinks quite a few more who might just deserve that fickle tag.

Well I think that yes, £14 is expensive for a round 2 tie against a team we only played 2 weeks before.

No I didn't go to the match either, but I'm a season ticket holder, have supported City since I can remember (my dads fault!), and have been to grounds all around the country to watch them over the years.

I've been there for the highs of promotion and the lows of relegation and stuck by them all the time. Just because I choose not to watch the FA cup doesn't make me a part time fan.

Sorry to resurrect this post but I had a thought.

Someone mentioned Yeovil being at home as well and I know we get a few that make their way up from deepest zummerset, so I think that may have had an effect.

Nobody has mentioned WSM though and we DEFINITELY get some from there each week. The post about the trouble with Northamptons stewards made me wonder if any of the usual City fans from the "Super Mud" went on a glory hunting trip.

A combination of the two could have taken over a 1000 fans from us, especially as the fixture was so unattractive.

Archived