IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

Kieran Maguire slates Quantuma again in his podcast today. They are again not replying to emails and calls from the EFL and club staff are leaving because they have no idea what is going on. Apparently Quantuma say their silence is strategic, whatever that means. The alleged meeting with the EFL they refer to is apparently news to the EFL also.

He also confirms that reputable insolvency firms wouldn't take the job on because Morris didn't put the stadium company into administration.

Tick tock .....

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Kieran Maguire slates Quantuma again in his podcast today. They are again not replying to emails and calls from the EFL and club staff are leaving because they have no idea what is going on. Apparently Quantuma say their silence is strategic, whatever that means. The alleged meeting with the EFL they refer to is apparently news to the EFL also.

He also confirms that reputable insolvency firms wouldn't take the job on because Morris didn't put the stadium company into administration.

Tick tock .....

That doesn't sound like good news for their survival. 'Stick our heads in the sand and we don't have to do anything'?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chinapig said:

Tick tock .....

I only see liquidation, prob something Morris wants as it means he has prime land for development

22 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I only see liquidation, prob something Morris wants as it means he has prime land for development

Land isn't worth that much.

Lest not forget MSD get first dibs on £20m+, MM would have to clear the site then gain permission for whatever it is he's thinking of replacing the stadium with. I don't imagine the local authority would be keen to associate themselves with whatever might replace Pride Park......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

That doesn't sound like good news for their survival. 'Stick our heads in the sand and we don't have to do anything'?

Isn't that what they have done since the beginning. KM seemed genuinely shocked on the aforementioned podcast but obviously didn't expand too much (I assume for legal reasons).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Land isn't worth that much.

Lest not forget MSD get first dibs on £20m+, MM would have to clear the site then gain permission for whatever it is he's thinking of replacing the stadium with. I don't imagine the local authority would be keen to associate themselves with whatever might replace Pride Park......

So Mike Ashley don’t want Derby 

he wants the land to build a sport Direct warehouse all makes sense now

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Isn't that what they have done since the beginning. KM seemed genuinely shocked on the aforementioned podcast but obviously didn't expand too much (I assume for legal reasons).

Certainly appears to be the case Sir G. 

image.png.5fd74b6042157beebdff8de7cf80b36c.png

image.png.6f4e9769d7e62efb04a90e93f303f3de.png

Edited by Ska Junkie

52 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

He also just happened to mention in passing that Quantuma were appointed by Mel Morris. Which implies absolutely nothing about what their priorities are of course.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chinapig said:

He also just happened to mention in passing that Quantuma were appointed by Mel Morris. Which implies absolutely nothing about what their priorities are of course.

Mel Morris might well be lynched by Derby fans.  From strings to stocks I reckon!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So a forecast that they have funding as opposed to proof they have actual hard cash. I'm not sure what that means but if the EFL are ok with it so be it.

Edit: actually I assume it is verifiable evidence of expected income and costs.

Edited by chinapig

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Mel Morris might well be lynched by Derby fans.  From strings to stocks I reckon!

Surely not.

When all the fuss over ffp   - the sale of Pride Park - was at it's (initial) height, I remember that mention was made that ffp was to protect clubs from unscrupulous owners jeopardising a club's future.

The Derby fans forum was full of posts stating that MM was not like that, as he was a life long fan and had the financial means, so would never do that the DCFC.

You must be referring to a different Mel Morris! :D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

So a forecast that they have funding as opposed to proof they have actual hard cash. I'm not sure what that means but if the EFL are ok with it so be it.

Edit: actually I assume it is verifiable evidence of expected income and costs.

Guess they have firm proof of funds….and have balanced that against cost / income forecasts and deemed the funds are sufficient.

So they fight to the end of the season.  We retain our 3 points! ?

Now it’s about getting a preferred bidder and moving out of administration.

Guess they have firm proof of funds….and have balanced that against cost / income forecasts and deemed the funds are sufficient.

So they fight to the end of the season.  We retain our 3 points! ?

Now it’s about getting a preferred bidder and moving out of administration.

EFL were always going to do absolutely everything they could to ensure Derby finished the season.

Avoids a whole raft of complicated issues to have to deal with.

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

The next problem they have

is finding someone who actually wants to buy the club who they actually want to sell to!

Latest statement from Quantuma:

"The joint administrators are in active dialogue with prospective purchasers of the club and are working with their advisers to clarify a number of matters relating to their bids.

"Due to the complex nature of the mechanics of the bids received, it is necessary for us to work through each of these matters individually, to ensure the bids meet our terms of purchase.

"Whilst we understand the frustration of fans, who are understandably anxious that the Club’s future is resolved, we remain confident that we will be in a position to name a preferred bidder shortly.

"We welcome the support received from the EFL yesterday and will continue working with them, and everyone who has the Club’s best interests at heart, to secure the best long-term outcome for Derby County."

Edited by Hxj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Hxj said:

is finding someone who actually wants to buy the club who they actually want to sell to!

Latest statement from Quantuma:

"The joint administrators are in active dialogue with prospective purchasers of the club and are working with their advisers to clarify a number of matters relating to their bids.

"Due to the complex nature of the mechanics of the bids received, it is necessary for us to work through each of these matters individually, to ensure the bids meet our terms of purchase.

"Whilst we understand the frustration of fans, who are understandably anxious that the Club’s future is resolved, we remain confident that we will be in a position to name a preferred bidder shortly.

"We welcome the support received from the EFL yesterday and will continue working with them, and everyone who has the Club’s best interests at heart, to secure the best long-term outcome for Derby County."

Their definition of shortly seems to be rather elastic since they have been saying the same since at least December.

37 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Their definition of shortly seems to be rather elastic since they have been saying the same since at least December.

In my career I've never quite nailed down what "shortly" means in professional speak. I use it when I mean "I can't deal with this immediately, expect a reply in the next day or two." But some people have told me they use it to mean "I'll get to when I can, I don't know when that will be, but don't expect anything anytime soon".

One things for sure, I've never met a lawyer, accountant, broker, or insolvency guy who uses "shortly" to mean "very soon". Then again, I don't think it means "several months" either.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

In my career I've never quite nailed down what "shortly" means in professional speak. I use it when I mean "I can't deal with this immediately, expect a reply in the next day or two." But some people have told me they use it to mean "I'll get to when I can, I don't know when that will be, but don't expect anything anytime soon".

One things for sure, I've never met a lawyer, accountant, broker, or insolvency guy who uses "shortly" to mean "very soon". Then again, I don't think it means "several months" either.

In other words shortly = longly. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Perhaps that's what the "preferred" bidders tell them after they've seen the books!

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

See also: mañana and drekly  

17 minutes ago, chinapig said:

So that's where part of the funding for the rest of the season is coming from then. I wonder where the rest is coming from in the absence of a buyer?

Exactly my thought. If there is no favored purchaser then the assumption must be they have somehow got another loan.  What a Mess! Quantuma can’t hide behind Gibson and Couhig anymore. Their business in any area must be getting seriously damaged. 

Apparently the EFL HAVE advised Quantuma that they want a preferred bidder by the end of next week!

Edited by REDOXO

40 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly my thought. If there is no favored purchaser then the assumption must be they have somehow got another loan.  What a Mess! Quantuma can’t hide behind Gibson and Couhig anymore. Their business in any area must be getting seriously damaged. 

Apparently the EFL HAVE advised Quantuma that they want a preferred bidder by the end of next week!

Next week, next month, next season?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Only going off the rumours that MLS might be after Wells.

Inter Miami under Fizzer? Maybe Atlanta? Just thinking of easy flights to Bermuda.

On Jozwiak going, you'd think that's what gets them to season end. My reading of this is that selling him, and telling Rooney "we need the fee", that tells us there's still months to go here. Why do you "need the fee" to keep the lights on if a buyer is imminent?

Starting next season on -15 is looking increasingly likely. 

And they're running out of assets to sell.

Surely Lawrence goes next, presumably as soon as relegation is mathematically confirmed.

Edited by ExiledAjax

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Only going off the rumours that MLS might be after Wells.

Perhaps a job lot. Useful for Palmer on International duty as he plays for Jamaica.

However yeah Wells feels much more likely.

As for Jozwiak, Nixon seemingly said that the fee or  a chunk of it, an instalment dunno is Poznan bound as an instalment or a chunk of it was still due.

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps a job lot. Useful for Palmer on International duty as he plays for Jamaica.

However yeah Wells feels much more likely.

As for Jozwiak, Nixon seemingly said that the fee or  a chunk of it, an instalment dunno is Poznan bound as an instalment or a chunk of it was still due.

So it clears a liability as well providing some cash. Perfect for them, and you can see why he has to go.

42 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Inter Miami under Fizzer? Maybe Atlanta? Just thinking of easy flights to Bermuda.

On Jozwiak going, you'd think that's what gets them to season end. My reading of this is that selling him, and telling Rooney "we need the fee", that tells us there's still months to go here. Why do you "need the fee" to keep the lights on if a buyer is imminent?

Starting next season on -15 is looking increasingly likely. 

And they're running out of assets to sell.

Surely Lawrence goes next, presumably as soon as relegation is mathematically confirmed.

It probably contributes to the total sum needed to get them through the season.  Suspect it was part of the proof that the money they have matched the forecast, e.g. the forecast was lower because Joswiak has been sold.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

It probably contributes to the total sum needed to get them through the season.  Suspect it was part of the proof that the money they have matched the forecast, e.g. the forecast was lower because Joswiak has been sold.

Yes, exactly. But if a buyer is truly only weeks away, you don't fret about that. At the very least I think it suggests that they don't think the sale will be approved in March.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yes, exactly. But if a buyer is truly only weeks away, you don't fret about that. At the very least I think it suggests that they don't think the sale will be approved in March.

I suspect it was the EFL doing the fretting! If the apparent ultimatum has been made regarding a preferred bidder by next weekend then it would appear major pressure is being applied on Quantuma!

56 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I suspect it was the EFL doing the fretting! If the apparent ultimatum has been made regarding a preferred bidder by next weekend then it would appear major pressure is being applied on Quantuma!

There is no real deadline from the EFL and the administrators know this.

The main priority for the EFL is to get Derby to finish the season at any cost.

11 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

There is no real deadline from the EFL and the administrators know this.

The main priority for the EFL is to get Derby to finish the season at any cost.

Yes interesting isn’t it. Q can be as crap as they like if they believe the consequences of their failure are even greater for the regulator. 

A dangerous game for the clubs administrators to play, particularly as they have blamed the EFL and allowed the idiots to believe and repeat the EFL are all useless bastards with an axe to grind with poor little Derby. 

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yes interesting isn’t it. Q can be as crap as they like if they believe the consequences of their failure are even greater for the regulator. 

A dangerous game for the clubs administrators to play, particularly as they have blamed the EFL and allowed the idiots to believe and repeat the EFL are all useless bastards with an axe to grind with poor little Derby. 

It might well change in the Summer though !

Derby shouldn't get too excited.

Amortisation wise they must be 3m down(?)

30 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Amortisation wise they must be 3m down(?)

According to google…£4m on a 4 year deal. So about 18 months into it…so value about £2.5m.  If they get £1m from him, then that’s a £1.5m impairment.  Oh dear.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

According to google…£4m on a 4 year deal. So about 18 months into it…so value about £2.5m.  If they get £1m from him, then that’s a £1.5m impairment.  Oh dear.

Forgot to include the 1m selling fee, whoops.. sub 2m though. That doesn’t sound healthy.

• Like 1

Ironically- although they've not released consolidated accounts for 3 long years- I don't think Derby have an FFP issue this season.

The cash outgoings looked relatively low although are allowables still £7m per season, what is amortisation- but they will have a target of £13m plus allowables plus £2.5m- fall below that or even hit that, could be £20-25m in an accounting loss, I don't think they fail to 2022- hopefully the EFL will have all of the relevant information though.

Derby get none of the fee due to not paying the installments to his previous club,

All this has done is get his wages off the wage bill, nothing more

28 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Derby get none of the fee due to not paying the installments to his previous club,

You’re talking “cash”, I’m talking “profit and loss”…or loss / impairment in this case!

9 hours ago, Monkeh said:

True but it does two things

Reduce cashflow - help the "funds to get to end of season" criteria

Reduce total debt - reduces the minimum sale price needed to meet the various restrictions (such as minimum 25%), especially since the debt wopuld have been a football creditor

Edited by semblar

There's a rumour that Derby County will be banned from the EFL but an "Independent Football Club from Derby" will be allowed to play all fixtrures, with the same playing squad, staff and ground but a slightlry different badge.

No idea of the veracity, but that would be a disgrace if so.

Quantuma update via MP. 

Quantuma is urgently clarifying all of the current bids! 

My thought is that Quantuma will need administrators themselves after they have spent all the wedge Derby County owe them. The damage they are inflicting on their own business must be massive!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fascinating.

Binnie's bid was submitted "..in the belief there were no other bids on the table." How did they reach that understanding I wonder. Is it true? If it is then which bids are Q currently evaluating?

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t see how Quantuma could have issued guarantees about no 15 point penalty next season.  It looks a given imho.  No way are HMRC accepting 25p in the pound.

Doesn't the article effectively say that the Binnies bid assumed they would get a -15 deduction next season? "...the bid was submitted on the understanding the sum would not prevent the club being hit with a 15-point deduction next season for failing to pay creditors 25% of what they are owed." So they were accepting that, as you say, creditors wouldn't accept 25p in the pound, and so next season would be started on -15. The article is odd to write it in the negative but I think I am reading that correctly?

Interesting as well that the Binnies say they've been working since June last year, 3 months before Derby went into Administration, and prior to the start of this season.

Ultimately I think that this is very revealing, shows us just how messy this all is, shows how terrible the comms have been - both public and private, and shows us there's still a huge gap between Quantuma's valuation of a club that could in just 4 months' time be in League 1 with 7 professional players on its books and the valuation of prospective buyers of said club.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Fascinating.

Binnie's bid was submitted "..in the belief there were no other bids on the table." How did they reach that understanding I wonder. Is it true? If it is then which bids are Q currently evaluating?

Doesn't the article effectively say that the Binnies bid assumed they would get a -15 deduction next season? "...the bid was submitted on the understanding the sum would not prevent the club being hit with a 15-point deduction next season for failing to pay creditors 25% of what they are owed." So they were accepting that, as you say, creditors wouldn't accept 25p in the pound, and so next season would be started on -15. The article is odd to write it in the negative but I think I am reading that correctly?

Interesting as well that the Binnies say they've been working since June last year, 3 months before Derby went into Administration, and prior to the start of this season.

Ultimately I think that this is very revealing, shows us just how messy this all is, shows how terrible the comms have been - both public and private, and shows us there's still a huge gap between Quantuma's valuation of a club that could in just 4 months' time be in League 1 with 7 professional players on its books and the valuation of prospective buyers of said club.

Ah, yes, misread it…ta

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

My thought is that Quantuma will need administrators themselves after they have spent all the wedge Derby County owe them. The damage they are inflicting on their own business must be massive!

I agree with you.

I had a look at them a few weeks ago (website, companies house check, etc.). Certainly they've been shown up for what they are: a young insubstantial company, unprepared and inexperienced for the task they have undertaken. Obviously they were approached by MM, so he's at least partially at fault for this debacle.

16 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I agree with you.

I had a look at them a few weeks ago (website, companies house check, etc.). Certainly they've been shown up for what they are: a young insubstantial company, unprepared and inexperienced for the task they have undertaken. Obviously they were approached by MM, so he's at least partially at fault for this debacle.

Weren’t they the Admin for Portsmouth too?

There are some familiar themes- Andronikou also looked to appeal everything at Portsmouth and used unusual tactics, think he queried the Football Creditors rule and its validity in 2010!

Yes I hope Derby get relegated but taking a non-biased approach, Mike Ashley would surely be their best bet by far of the potential bidders- they won't go bust under him, chances are but you never know they won't look at breaching FFP and he probably would look to build up some firepower and then go for it in Year 3 from an FFP perspective- spend and save cycle. He would also definitively and without doubt have the cash to pay a sufficient amount to avoid -15.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

So, on the one hand the Binnies believe there are no other bids on the table and on the other Rooney seems to have been told something might happen in the next 4 or 5 days.

Don't hold your breath Wayne.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60694665

I'll give Rooney some credit for that, quite an honest and well meaning statement. 

If anyone has come out of this situation with reputation improved, for me it's Rooney.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 4

I find it hard to believe that even Quantuma would turn away the only bid they've got. I can imagine them publicly turning down a bid to show other bidders that 'they mean business'. At the same time briefing the BBC (?) that they're looking for £50m.  I can imagine them clumsily making a meal of that. But overall I think the fact that they've turned this bid down surely must mean they've got better offers on the table.

2 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

I find it hard to believe that even Quantuma would turn away the only bid they've got. I can imagine them publicly turning down a bid to show other bidders that 'they mean business'. At the same time briefing the BBC (?) that they're looking for £50m.  I can imagine them clumsily making a meal of that. But overall I think the fact that they've turned this bid down surely must mean they've got better offers on the table.

or they know the HMRC won't take (nor should they) the rumoured 25p /£. A £30M bid (once again rumoured) would leave £2M after paying the taxman, I doubt that even covers their own fees let alone anything else.

I think they've obliged to take the best bid they can. If they can get creditors 25p in the pound, and that's the best they can do, then they've got a legal duty to get that. If they publicly turn that down and they've got NOTHING... then I'd imagine their creditors including HMRC have recourse to take action against them. I'd be interested to hear different from anyone who actually knows how it works!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Latest from Quantuma. Almost no point in posting this but it's nice to have on record.

image.thumb.png.4170fd318d941d7069ecf659d573b6b5.png

Bones to pick out. Potential purchasers that remain interested. Is that an oxymoron? If you are not interested you can’t be a potential purchaser. 

It is our duty to secure an appropriate valuation….Not sure what this even means. The time for valuation is long gone or it could be argued is ongoing, however it is there duty to secure the best offer!….The rest of the sentence goes onto mention a bid suitable to present to the EFL, IMPLYING their isn’t one!

At this point I cant be bothered to even comment further on that “statement”. However I would really like to know what the Derby fan who vociferously told me on this very forum that it was all just Couhig and Gibson stopping everything, it is all in place once they get out of the way, and I could believe what I liked about Quantuma, Morris and DCFC thinks now. At least some of this utter shit show is down to the gullibility and blind loyalty toward these persons and groups by supporters who managed to attain a state of collective idiocy! 

• Like 1

Just now, REDOXO said:

Bones to pick out. Potential purchasers that remain interested. Is that an oxymoron? If you are not interested you can’t be a potential purchaser. 

It is our duty to secure an appropriate valuation….Not sure what this even means. The time for valuation is long gone or it could be argued is ongoing, however it is there duty to secure the best offer!….The rest of the sentence goes onto mention a bid suitable to present to the EFL, IMPLYING their isn’t one!

At this point I cant be bothered to even comment further on that “statement”. However I would really like to know what the Derby fan who vociferously told me on this very forum that it was all just Couhig and Gibson stopping everything, it is all in place once they get out of the way, and I could believe what I liked about Quantuma, Morris and DCFC thinks now. At least some of this utter shit show is down to the gullibility and blind loyalty toward these persons and groups by supporters who managed to attain a state of collective idiocy! 

A Derby fans tweeted a reply to me last night, along the lines of….”we are gone”.