IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Guest i hate rovers

Look fellow rover's fans- here's a picture of your Emperor's new stadium.

..thats his pirate treasure map.hes looking for 2 million in buried treasure. .

Curious thing about the Gas is that they never seem to have a Plan B for when Plan A doesn't work out. Whether it be failure to gain promotion, to avoid relegation, to get a new stadium, or to win their lawsuit, there's never a contingency plan in place,

Were it not for Godwin's Law, it would remind me of a certain 20th century Leader, who never considered the possibility of failure or retreat...

• Admin

I'm sorry guys, I agree with the Sags' claims that the Sainsbury's decision is terrible news for Bristol. Because of Sainsbury's victory, Bristol Rovers will now be remaining in Bristol. Terrible terrible news.

• Like 2

From whom 29AR? As the methane snorters lost the case, I can't imagine they will see a bean. If anything, wouldn't they have to compensate UWE as well as cover S'bury's costs?

From Sainburys in the hypothetical that they won on appeal even if UWE pulled the rug

I texted Twentyman show on Radio Bristol today, here is my text.

"Delighted that Sainsbury won in the High court today. Its Karma for all the the gas heads who actively campaigned against Bristol City attempt to build a staduim at Ashton Vale. What goes around comes around. Ps bet you won't read this out"

Geoff replied on air to my text and I quote " Delighted that Sainsbury won in the High ps bet you won't read this text out well I just did!" 

Just an example of the BBC and other media outlets only reporting what they want to report and having there own agenda.

I texted Twentyman show on Radio Bristol today, here is my text.

"Delighted that Sainsbury won in the High court today. Its Karma for all the the gas heads who actively campaigned against Bristol City attempt to build a staduim at Ashton Vale. What goes around comes around. Ps bet you won't read this out"

Geoff replied on air to my text and I quote " Delighted that Sainsbury won in the High ps bet you won't read this text out well I just did!" 

Just an example of the BBC and other media outlets only reporting what they want to report and having there own agenda.

Once a Gashead,always a bellend

• Like 2

Hope the Grimsby Telegraph cover the story appropriately!

I was wondering if someone would mock up a flag with the full 30+ page judgement on it and 'Print that you *******'. Probably a bit too much effort but would be funny.

In a minority I know. I want to laugh. I really do. Its them over the road.

Just find it difficult not to feel something for the real footie fans in their lot who have been screwed over again.

I know. I know.

You're right.

You are in the minority.

• Like 4

Guest Whooooossshhhh

The groundsman at the Memorial needs to sort his lines out, playing havoc with my OCD!

Nice one Tins, I know just how you feel.  I myself have CDO, which can be a right bugger.  

It's like OCD but in strictly alphabetical order         :fear:

Just find it difficult not to feel something for the real footie fans in their lot who have been screwed over again.

I know. I know.

You always were all heart....not a bad thing....

Fact is I never used to dislike them with the vehemence I now do: but there was the way they robbed the Rugby Club, the 90's and their loud mouthing, the Grecian way they think the world owes them.

As for their true fans; I don't wish to see their club go bust, just wither, wither and wither as they plummet through the leagues until they reach The Downs, their natural home.....

• Like 2

The groundsman at the Memorial needs to sort his lines out, playing havoc with my OCD!

Do you think the groundsman was making a tactical suggestion that diagonal balls might be better than the punt straight, but in a subliminal way?

Guest Charlie The DJ

I driven round this bloody roundabout for three hours looking for our new ground, the bloke I bought this map from said it was watertight !

post-24733-0-40853700-1436820968_thumb.j

Many of the blue few were delighted when Ashton Vale was deemed a village green but strangely I don't feel deligthed that they've lost the Sainsburys court case.

I don't give a shite.

You missed the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Guest nth dan

Just showed these pictures  to my wife, " that stand looks like a gazebo" she exclaimed thats because it is .

8434384779_cd627d0a33.jpg

"this is the winter of our discount tents"

Santas Grotto survives!!! Has anyone else noticed that the sags seem to attract the less educated of supporters?

Tbh really delighted with this. A war memorial remains and tbh if I look at it objectively then Bristol keeps a professional football club instead of losing it to another county.

However they have got exactly what they deserve. Been plucky for far too long.

Tbh really delighted with this. A war memorial remains

I wonder how much longer the war memorial will last though?  From what I gather, Rovers secured their Wonga loan with the stadium, if they go into administration I am not sure that the loansharks will care about preserving a war memorial, they will be looking to sell as quickly as possible in order to get their money. 

I know. I know.

Screwed over by who?

Sainsbury's are legally entitled to break the contract.  This was decided in a court of law.

The fault should lie firstly with the morons at Rovers who signed a "watertight" contract, but which it later transpires was " ...tortuously, laboriously and in some respects badly, drafted. It makes any draftsman itch to have a try at it...".  And with Higgs for his constantly bullshitting throughout the entire process despite all the warning signs that Sainsbury's were pulling out.  Up until very recently it was a case of "partners" and "dotting the I's and crossing the T's".  Higgs deserves Karma just for that.  As he does for not having a plan B in place.  When AV went belly up for City we had a plan B - redevelop AG.  Rovers have no plan B and amazingly despite all the warning signs about Sainsbury's intent have allowed PP at the Mem to lapse.

There an amateurish outfit who've had their fingers burnt; they haven't been screwed over.

I'd have some sympathy for Gash fans if they could see this, but they can't.  They all think its Sainsbury's fault when Rovers are at least equally to blame for this whole mess.  Higgs is trotting out the line that they've been screwed over to hide is own shortcomings and the Gash are lapping it up.

Edited by cityloyal473
  • Like 3

Screwed over by who?

Sainsbury's are legally entitled to break the contract.  This was decided in a court of law.

The fault should lie firstly with the morons at Rovers who signed a "watertight" contract, but which it later transpires was " ...tortuously, laboriously and in some respects badly, drafted. It makes any draftsman itch to have a try at it...".  And with Higgs for his constantly bullshitting throughout the entire process despite all the warning signs that Sainsbury's were pulling out.  Up until very recently it was a case of "partners" and "dotting the I's and crossing the T's".  Higgs deserves Karma just for that.  As he does for not having a plan B in place.  When AV went belly up for City we had a plan B - redevelop AG.  Rovers have no plan B and amazingly despite all the warning signs about Sainsbury's intent have allowed PP at the Mem to lapse.

There an amateurish outfit who've had their fingers burnt; they haven't been screwed over.

I'd have some sympathy for Gash fans if they could see this, but they can't.  They all think its Sainsbury's fault when Rovers are at least equally to blame for this whole mess.  Higgs is trotting out the line that they've been screwed over to hide is own shortcomings and the Gash are lapping it up.

They are worse then Liverpool when playing the victim card,

Give it 3 months and those morons would of twisted it to being lansdowns and city's fault, we would of funded the jr for trash and paid off sainsburys to pull the plug,

• Admin

Higgs deserves Karma just for that.  As he does for not having a plan B in place.  

Thing is, this is about plan C already !

What happened to the student flats at the Minimal, seems like only yesterday they were all off to Cheltenham to choose their season ticket seats whilst their ground was to be developed!!!

Give it 3 months and those morons would of twisted it to being lansdowns and city's fault, we would of funded the jr for trash and paid off sainsburys to pull the plug,

I was going to include the Liverpool similarity in my earlier ramble.  It's completely true.  They're always the victim.   It's always someone else fault.  TRASH, Sainsbury's, Wycombe, John Ward, blah, blah, blah.  Until they see the elephant in the room they will continue to lurch form one disaster to the next.

And, it's funny you should mention this being our fault; there's Gash who genuinely believe that SL was behind the Trash campaign. :yes:

Not sure how much cash he has, but in all Carey fairness from the Judgment we know (and this seems to have largely been ignored) that Higgs personally underwrote half a million quid for the stadium.

I wouldn't necessarily assume he will not put his hand in his pocket, but appreciate why that seems unlikely.

..Ere.. you have been reading too many of my posts!! 

I was going to include the Liverpool similarity in my earlier ramble. It's completely true. They're always the victim. It's always someone else fault. TRASH, Sainsbury's, Wycombe, John Ward, blah, blah, blah. Until they see the elephant in the room they will continue to lurch form one disaster to the next.

And, it's funny you should mention this being our fault; there's Gash who genuinely believe that SL was behind the Trash campaign.:yes:

Thing is, this is about plan C already !

What happened to the student flats at the Minimal, seems like only yesterday they were all off to Cheltenham to choose their season ticket seats whilst their ground was to be developed!!!

I had forgotten that they were going to go to Cheltenham for a season while the Mem was redeveloped. :rofl2br:

Nobody will be interested in buying that mob, considering they are light years behind us already can you imagine the money it would take?

I would rather have some sort of infrastructure in place if I were buying a club, not just a rag ass bunch of part time players, a park surrounded by some marquees and a falling down stand on a war memorial site they can't shift, and a fan base with the average IQ of a dead dog.

• Like 2

With us I'm sure SL knew Sainsburys had started to go cold on the idea of buying AG so instead of doi g what the sags have done he kept that on the quiet came to a compromise over the AV site which I believe will see an academy built etc and came up with decent plans to develop AG. Thats the differwnce between us and them.

Nobody will be interested in buying that mob, considering they are light years behind us already can you imagine the money it would take?

I would rather have some sort of infrastructure in place if I were buying a club, not just a rag ass bunch of part time players, a park surrounded by some marquees and a falling down stand on a war memorial site they can't shift, and a fan base with the average IQ of a dead dog.

Ouch that was devastating. Good work

Their fanbase 'is envied by dozens of clubs higher up the Football League' though, so their own Club keep telling them :facepalm: