IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

31 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Spending £70 million for a place in league 1 playing Rovers isn't embarrassing at all, what do you mean

Well you pretended to support another football club when you first posted on here, I think you're very embarrassed about the club you support.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Iron Man said:

Well you pretended to support another football club when you first posted on here, I think you're very embarrassed about the club you support.

He really, really wanted to be able to post on OTIB saying that the club he supports had a higher home attendance than City that weekend....obviously can't do that as a Gashead so he pretended to be a Pompey fan.

Tragic really.

38 minutes ago, lenred said:

What? Like a Jordanian bank you mean Miah? 

Yes. If it is a Jordanian bank next year, I assume it will have been done in the best financial interests of Rovers, but while we were still where we were with Higgs, then I think the raffle was a great idea, and if they continued to do it, I would be delighted.

On Tuesday, March 08, 2016 at 22:00, Full nelson said:

I can see this lot going up this season! Could they be the best team in the south west next season?! i think they could be. 

Doesn't everyone else find this tw*t really annoying with the bizarrely occasional pretence of not being gas? Banworthy I would think.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Doesn't everyone else find this tw*t really annoying with the bizarrely occasional pretence of not being gas? Banworthy I would think.

There's so many closet sags on here, with about 90% of them too embarrassed to admit they support South Gloucestershire's second biggest club

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Oh this is absolute gold. So rovers new owners have set up a company. Much like Pula sports for City and the rest of the companies in the group.

Dwane Sports the company. Fair enough. Oh but wait. It's registered in where? That's right. Jersey.  :rofl2br:

Lansdown the tax dodger wasn't it?  Never sell out, always keep our traditions, always pay our taxes. Ok lads... 

Ha ha ha.  All morals out the window now!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I like the way some of them, like this fella you quoted, are almost proud of the fact that City fans would be embarrassed to be in the same division as them...it's like their saying "we KNOW how shit we are" :rofl2br:

You look at the Basement teams and some of them, Portsmouth, Notts County, Wimbledon were once Big Clubs. Even Northampton had a season in the top flight. Rovers have never been anything but crap in their entire history. Al Croesus buys the club and all they can think of is being in the same division as us. How pathetic is that?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

You look at the Basement teams and some of them, Portsmouth, Notts County, Wimbledon were once Big Clubs. Even Northampton had a season in the top flight. Rovers have never been anything but crap in their entire history. Al Croesus buys the club and all they can think of is being in the same division as us. How pathetic is that?

Luton, Oxford, Carlisle have all been in the top division as well - even Plymouth have spent most of their time in tier 2 I should think.

5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

It was setup in August yes. So obviously talks were on going for sometime 

Thanks Tom, 

Thought that was what you were saying, just wasn't sure if I was understanding it right.

Wasn't sure if it was Higgs having money and hiding it away offshore incase he lost the Sainsburys case.

Edited by wayne allisons tongues

4 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Oh Hull City are also playing tomorrow....so lest we forget.....

So a goal to decide who went to the Premiership or a goal scored by a team that forgot to bring their shirts, ate their pre match meal on the coach and then relegated you to into non league.

No wonder we say "mind the gap" you sag loser.

• Like 19

8 hours ago, Weezord said:

never get bored of this video mind, keep quoting it....probably the most city-related post in the thread

It's funny that rovers fans always celebrate a game that meant that City would spend the following season in the Championship.

Whilst City fans always celebrate the game that meant you spent the following season in non league.

No wonder people laugh at how tinpot you are.

• Like 9

On 10 March 2016 at 18:39, Tomarse said:

Oh this is absolute gold. So rovers new owners have set up a company. Much like Pula sports for City and the rest of the companies in the group.

Dwane Sports the company. Fair enough. Oh but wait. It's registered in where? That's right. Jersey.  :rofl2br:

Lansdown the tax dodger wasn't it?  Never sell out, always keep our traditions, always pay our taxes. Ok lads... 

Dwane Dibley?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Dwane Dibley?

For people of a certain age who may watched certain programmes in the 90's (before they ruined it by making too many series) it's difficult to hear the name 'Dwane Sports' without Danny John Jules voice automatically popping in your head..... "Dwayne Dibley?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Apparently the Wonga loan and the Directors' loans have been repaid.

No doubt Sainsburys' legal expenses will be next on the list, as the verdict is supposed to be out sometime this month.

Let's hope who ever paid the debts is applying a lower interest rate....

Oh wait, money is owed to a billionaire who, to date, hasn't converted his debut to equity or indeed mentioned how much interest he wants on his investment.

Nothing to worry about. Course, if Sainsbury's lose, he could sail off in to the very wealthy sunset, after all, he is a well publicised billionaire - featuring in all the respected publications.......

Sure it's fine. I wouldn't want any reassurances before shouting from the roof tops...

On 11/03/2016 at 21:20, Weezord said:

Oh Hull City are also playing tomorrow....so lest we forget.....

Is that the best you can do?

Thanks for the reminder of when we almost reached the top tier by the way. Good memories of our trip to Wembley, despite the result. When were you last in English footballs second teir, out of interest?

13 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Let's hope who ever paid the debts is applying a lower interest rate....

Oh wait, money is owed to a billionaire who, to date, hasn't converted his debut to equity or indeed mentioned how much interest he wants on his investment.

Nothing to worry about. Course, if Sainsbury's lose, he could sail off in to the very wealthy sunset, after all, he is a well publicised billionaire - featuring in all the respected publications.......

Sure it's fine. I wouldn't want any reassurances before shouting from the roof tops...

Not shouting anything from the rooftops, not even poking my head out of the 2nd floor window!

Apart from the deluded few, we all know that the new owners are not billionaires. My approach is to see how things unfold, I'm old enough to know the value of the Emporer's new clothes.

Court verdict to be delivered on Thursday morning. :ph34r:

Edited by In the Net
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Not shouting anything from the rooftops, not even poking my head out of the 2nd floor window!

Apart from the deluded few, we all know that the new owners are not billionaires. My approach is to see how things unfold, I'm old enough to know the value of the Emporer's new clothes.

Court verdict on Thursday morning! It will be interesting reading on the forum, whichever way the verdict goes. 

11 hours ago, PhilC said:

Is that the best you can do?

Thanks for the reminder of when we almost reached the top tier by the way. Good memories of our trip to Wembley, despite the result. When were you last in English footballs second teir, out of interest?

When were they last in English football's top tier? Yes, exactly.

We finished higher that season, 2007/8, than Rovers have managed in their history. I always find a pic or vid or a recollection of Cheese scoring at Arsenal in '76 is more than enough to put them in their place. 

48 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Oh dear...judge_6046.jpg.b8a020e2e5d7f1a715091276d

• Like 1

lulworthgas post

What a difference a month makes. There would have been alot of sleepless nights this week if we were still under the old stewardship. I have no doubt that Thursdays announcement would have quickly been followed up with the club going into financial meltdown.
MSP loan to be paid back
Charge over the stadium for Sainsburies costs
Directors loans.
Just one big grab for cash from those who steered the ship directly into the perfect storm. We would be on the verge of being homeless again with no opportunity of sharing at Bath this could have been the slow death of the club suddenly moving into the fast lane to oblivion.
Instead the future is so bright im still pinching myself. For the first time in my lifetime there is a prospect that we will be able to compete with the other team in bristol off the field. 
UTG

So the sags only want to compete with us of the field (the gift) They now are admitting they could have gone into Administration

56 minutes ago, In the Net said:

You don't know the value of the Emperors new clothes. You're a Gashead. Meaning you get all your clothes from Tesco. Or Asda. Or from the British Heart Foundation. 

NO RETURNS.

Rob

(Aged 41).

Guest Whooooossshhhh
1 hour ago, In the Net said:

OK, Mods.  I think that we've all been more than patient with this contributor in the past.  But it is blindingly obvious that so called "In the Net" is just a keyboard warrior pretending to be a Gashead.  

Sensible comments, balanced views, humility when required, well reasoned comebacks to mass pea taking...... none of this adds up to the so called "In the Net" being a follower of the wrong 'uns.  Never in a million years.  I'm sorry, but this jolly jape of a charade has had its day and should be stopped now.

Please do the decent thing and confirm to us all that the aforementioned forum member is in fact "Mad Cyril" who's been having us all on since setting up this fake account.     :clap:      :shocking:

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

You don't know the value of the Emperors new clothes. You're a Gashead. Meaning you get all your clothes from Tesco. Or Asda. Or from the British Heart Foundation. 

NO RETURNS.

Rob

(Aged 41).

I do have some standards you know - I only shoplift from Primark or Sports Direct.

• Like 3

Guest S_Y_G

Sainsburys have won the appeal.   But it makes no difference to rover's getting a stadium, starts in summer.   Also now debt free according to companies house.

To me the most important things that has come out of the Sainsbury affair is the planning permissions for the phantom supermarket and the UWE which is the jewel in the crown. Higgs said the ground would get built, of that he seemed confident. He also said long ago that he would sell the Club to whoever had the best interests of BRFC at heart and he appears to have delivered just that, so I would declare that Higgs has played a Blinder. Defeat in the courts (pending) will pale into comparative insignificance when History is recorded.

also said its water something or another ?

5 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

Sainsburys have won the appeal.   But it makes no difference to rover's getting a stadium, starts in summer.   Also now debt free according to companies house.

Still got to pay Sainsbury and that over priced house 

1 hour ago, S_Y_G said:

So if the Sainsbury appeal makes no difference to the UWE build. Why aren't the diggers up there preparing the ground. Why wait till the summer.

No one at Rovers as confirmed that UWE stadium is going ahead.

Still more questions than answers coming out the Mem.

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Like a certain play off game vs Northampton in the 90s, the stadium at UWE isn't quite as nailed on as some would think....

I believe I'm correct in saying that you hinted, long before rumours of a consortium appeared on Slagchat, that despite the original decision in court Rovers had other  financial options that they were exploring...options that would also prevent them going out of business.

.....so this post is interesting.

2 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

I suppose it depends what your version of 'debt free' means. Gasheads are constantly bringing up how much 'debt' we are supposedly in, even though that 'debt' is to our owner. Still it's nice that your Arab sugardaddy has started spunking cash on the Gash.....like a credit card, it doesn't really feel like debt when your buying nice new stuff and you know the bill doesn't need to be settled for ages.

Like Ive said before, thank God we've got Lansdown, at least he's proven he won't **** off at the first sign of trouble.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Companies House in Jersey. You filthy tax dodgers eh.

There's still a charge against the stadium by Sainsburys.  I presume this will depend on the outcome of the High Court Appeal on Thursday :whistle:

5 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Companies House in Jersey. You filthy tax dodgers eh.

not so sure the tax dodger bit is true, but correct me if I am wrong

Bristol Rovers FC will pay all it's UK Tax. We have a foreign owner who doesn't live here and doesn't have any income here (as far as I am aware) and thus wouldn't pay UK Tax anyway.

For the record, I have no gripe with Steve Lansdown doing what he can  legally to limit his tax bill. That isn't his fault or problem

14 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Your owners have set up a holding company for Rovers. Dwane Sports.

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/club/contact_us/

It's registered in Jersey.

https://www.jerseyfsc.org/registry/documentSearch/NameDetail.aspx?Id=306465

All we've heard for years about Lansdown is he's a tax dodger.  Now its ok... obviously.

Yes...It's appears all the fake outrage they direct towards Lansdown (who jointly created a company that pays huge amounts of tax and provides employment for many Bristolians) was just them being ******* hypocrites again.

Who'd have thought it?

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Hello said:

not so sure the tax dodger bit is true, but correct me if I am wrong

Bristol Rovers FC will pay all it's UK Tax. We have a foreign owner who doesn't live here and doesn't have any income here (as far as I am aware) and thus wouldn't pay UK Tax anyway.

For the record, I have no gripe with Steve Lansdown doing what he can  legally to limit his tax bill. That isn't his fault or problem

This is the thing I find confusing. SL doesn't live here and neither does he work for HL (as far as I know), he is just a shareholder.

So I'm a bit confused about the tax dodger shout.

17 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Your owners have set up a holding company for Rovers. Dwane Sports.  It's registered in Jersey.

https://www.jerseyfsc.org/registry/documentSearch/NameDetail.aspx?Id=306465

All we've heard for years about Lansdown is he's a tax dodger.  Now its ok... obviously.

As I say I have no gripe with Steve Lansdown and Tax, he does what he does (as far as any of us know) perfectly legally. Not his problem or his fault. If anyone has a problem with it it should be directed at the system.

I don't know anyone who wouldn't pay less tax if they could so find all the shouts of 'tax dodger' aimed at SL pretty boring and pointless

I am not a tax expert, so no idea what tax Dwane Sport would be charged or avoiding giving that it is owned by a non Uk resident. Again just like SL I am sure all done above board

All I know is where I work if you ring HMRC they can never give you a straight answer and it seems nearly half the clubs in England are owned ‘overseas’

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

This is the thing I find confusing. SL doesn't live here and neither does he work for HL (as far as I know), he is just a shareholder.

So I'm a bit confused about the tax dodger shout.

basically if HL pay a dividend to it's shareholders, SL currently has to pay less in income tax as he is a non resident (I think that is the simplified version). Again perfectly legal and not a dodge that people claim as SL is limited to time he can spend here before he becomes liable.

I mean if I was in SLs position I'd do the same and move probably. I'd just choose somewhere warmer than Guernsey

1 minute ago, Hello said:

basically if HL pay a dividend to it's shareholders, SL currently has to pay less in income tax as he is a non resident (I think that is the simplified version). Again perfectly legal and not a dodge that people claim as SL is limited to time he can spend here before he becomes liable.

I mean if I was in SLs position I'd do the same and move probably. I'd just choose somewhere warmer than Guernsey

So exactly the same as someone living in the UK with shares in an overseas company then. 

So today is the day then...

What exactly happens if the gas win today? Do they actually get paid, or do they just win the right to get another judgement?

Either way, I'm looking forward to reading a club statement that's every bit as professional as Charlton's. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

So today is the day then...

What exactly happens if the gas win today? Do they actually get paid, or do they just win the right to get another judgement?

Either way, I'm looking forward to reading a club statement that's every bit as professional as Charlton's. 

Not sure it makes much difference if they lose the owner will have to put his hand in his pocket to get it built.