IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

One penalty lottery and you had a better goal difference than the mighty Accrington Stanley.

Lets not forget that their pikey goalkeeper should have been sent off in the NON LEAGUE play off final as well at 1 nil down.

2 hours ago, Coombsy said:
What ever Darrell decides, I think he is losing a bit of affection from real gas fans. He has led us to believe he is 100% gas then the first time a club came asking he at this moment anyway is thinking about it even though the club as offered him a new well improved 3 year deal. Remember the club stuck with him when we were relegated otherwise he would be back with Salisbury. 
He has done a fantastic job since then and I hope he stays but every day that passes without comment I feel he is losing a bit of love with the fans. 
If he is not 100% with us then maybe it's best he moves on and get someone in who is. He has got by so far with his affinity with the club and supporters and has expected the players to be the same as him which has been great, if he has lost some of this I think it will reflect on his ability to manage . 
He has also not helped the club by offering contracts to all players, who if we were honest wouldn't get contracts with othe league one clubs, if he decides to jump ship.
In my opinion to go to Leeds would be crazy even Neil war nock is warning not too. 
On a bright note if he moves on Iam sure there will be a lot of good applicants, maybe an older, wiser clown like Ian Holloway would be a good move

Maybe it is best for all concerned now that he moves on. We are three days into this saga now and still no comment from dc, his stag doesn't start till monday and unless he is in a cave somewhere he knows exactly what the situation is, more so than even the media reports. Just a pity he offered contracts to many players who clearly aren't good enough for league one thus using up a big chunk of what will now almost certainly be someone else's wage budget. Cheers darrell.

Fixed that for you.

59 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No! It can't be! They are the most loyal supporters in the world and they take 'more to away games than Liverpool..'

Yep, that's a quote from them...

Oh they have much better away support than City don't you know, 

Dont look at the facts though as that part doesn't really matter!

32 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

You're all just secretly jealous that you haven't got a manager that Leeds United want to poach. 

The rate at which that Italian ****t gets through managers;  it's more a case of "when" rather than "if" !

31 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

You're all just secretly jealous that you haven't got a manager that Leeds United want to poach. 

Yeah that it's were jealous that we're not losing our manager to a club who only finished 5 places above us, so much better to lose him to a club who finished 40 places above, dam thats another one you have over us, god knows how we're ever going to beat that record of managing to spend 15 season a division below your cross city rivals.

Guest Chloe1992

Dopey's now going to appear even more god-like to the g*s after turning down Leeds and signing a new deal at Rovers. Don't think I can take any more of it :sad26:

Can't wait until it goes tits up for him. They all seem to forget that he was also the manager that took an established football league side into the conference. They need serious additions to even contend in L1

On 5/26/2016 at 11:08, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The horrific thought, however unlikely, of Cotts. or GJ replacing him means I welcome Dopey's decision. Even a return of the despicable Hollowhead was not out of the question and we'd have had to suffer him dominating the adoring local media again with his maddening gibberish.

Rovers have had unbelievable good fortune to scrape over the line these last 2 seasons.

Hopefully things will start to even out on that score, and if so it's downhill all the way and the gas fans will be hounding Dopey out by Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I look forward to DC getting the boot in 6 months when they are bottom at Xmas, thinking about what could have been at Leeds Utd

Yeah - he could have gone to work for a crazy Italian, who would have sacked him if they weren't top by the end of September.

2 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Yeah - he could have gone to work for a crazy Italian, who would have sacked him if they weren't top by the end of September.

I asked this before why did they only offer him a contract when Leeds showed some interest in him?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Weezord said:

oh, didn't need to surprisingly.

What you going to post on your landmark 40th post on a rivals football forum? How abut you say how you were too embarrassed to admit you were a fewer so you had to say you were a Portsmouth fan?

Edited by Iron Man

3 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

What you going to post on your landmark 40th post on a rivals football forum? How abut you say how you were too embarrassed to admit you were a fewer so you had to say you were a Portsmouth fan?

What's that? Weeeeeeezord was too embarrassed to admit he was a Gashead when he first started posting on OTIB so he pretended to be a Portsmouth fan?

What a silly pr1ck :rofl2br:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe1992 said:

Dopey's now going to appear even more god-like to the g*s after turning down Leeds and signing a new deal at Rovers. Don't think I can take any more of it :sad26:

Can't wait until it goes tits up for him. They all seem to forget that he was also the manager that took an established football league side into the conference. They need serious additions to even contend in L1

We were heading to the conference anyway. DC was thrown in at the deep end and he's brought us back much stronger. I don't think many Rovers fans blame him for us falling out of the league, we had it coming.

Whatever way you look at things, It's a good time to be a Rovers fan right now. You have to enjoy the good times because they don't happen often!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NOTBLUE said:

Let's be honest,Leeds are an absolute basket case,not supposed he and Robinson have turned them down.But to call them tinpot,wow.

I suppose any owner of a Championship side would point at Watford and say, "how many managers did they sack and still get promoted, 5,6?". Crazy.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The horrific thought, however unlikely, of Cotts. or GJ replacing him means I welcome Dopey's decision. Even a return of the despicable Hollowhead was not out of the question and we'd have had to suffer him dominating the adoring local media again with his maddening gibberish.

Rovers have had unbelievable good fortune to scrape over the line these last 2 seasons.

Hopefully things will start to even out on that score, and if so it's downhill all the way and the gas fans will be hounding Dopey out by Christmas.

No not really. If a team gets promoted, it's because over the course of a season, they have done what is required  to get promotion!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Super said:

I asked this before why did they only offer him a contract when Leeds showed some interest in him?

I suspect they were going to offer him a contract anyway, but obviously once Leeds were involved it needed to be more attractive. Not many employers chuck around big pay rises just because they think it's a nice thing to do, they do it because they need to keep someone happy.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Good question. Could be that the Leeds interest just hurried things along, and increased the £££'s on offer - I don't think anybody saw that one coming?  Clarke had stated that he needed a total break from football, so maybe the Board had agreed with him that contract negotiations would start when he was back from his honeymoon.

Edited by In the Net

1 hour ago, Seventeen said:

We were heading to the conference anyway. DC was thrown in at the deep end and he's brought us back much stronger. I don't think many Rovers fans blame him for us falling out of the league, we had it coming.

Whatever way you look at things, It's a good time to be a Rovers fan right now. You have to enjoy the good times because they don't happen often!

That first para is a lot of rubbish mate. You were on the pitch at Wycombe singing we are staying up on the penultimate weekend and you went down because you lost to a team who didn't bring their own kit; and at the same time had to rely on two other results going against you to conspire in your relegation. Finally, you were only in the bottom two once during that season, being when it finished; only what, eight weeks after talk of sneaking in the playoffs?

Sorry, but that's very, very clearly not heading to the conference anyway nor can it really be being dropped in to the deep end.

The rest I agree with.

Guest Chloe1992
5 minutes ago, 29AR said:

That first para is a lot of rubbish mate. You were on the pitch at Wycombe singing we are staying up on the penultimate weekend and you went down because you lost to a team who didn't bring their own kit; and at the same time had to rely on two other results going against you to conspire in your relegation. Finally, you were only in the bottom two once during that season, being when it finished; only what, eight weeks after talk of sneaking in the playoffs?

Sorry, but that's very, very clearly not heading to the conference anyway nor can it really be being dropped in to the deep end.

The rest I agree with.

:chant6ez::clap: Took the words out of my mouth! Thrown into the deep end... psshhhh

13 minutes ago, 29AR said:

The rest I agree with.

Ha, Gasheads at work were still assuring me that Rovers were DEFINITELY going up and City were DEFINITELY going down that season right up until we drew with Swindon at home and they got dicked 4 or 5 nil somewhere on the same day....so basically the end of March 2014.

'Tick tock' and all that shit... :rofl2br:

24 minutes ago, 29AR said:

The rest I agree with.

Best post on here in a long time.

24 minutes ago, 29AR said:

The rest I agree with.

I feel you've missed the point a little.

Just because we were on the pitch singing about staying up doesn't mean that we didn't have relegation coming. Obviously after that result we thought we would stay up, and I expect the majority of you were thinking "Lucky bastards have done it again". I don't remember calls for a promotion push that season, definitely the season before when Ward took over and we were in with a shout of a late push until Bradford put them dreams to bed. 

We flirted with relegation every year in the League after relegation from League One, and it was turning into a case of when, not if, we get relegated. We were getting dicked by teams like York and Hartlepool 4-0. We deserved to be relegated and had done for a few seasons.

I would like to know how you feel DC wasn't chucked in at the deep end though. Chucking him in with 8 games to go was a horrible decision.

26 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Clearly.

What, in the name of God, do you think you are contributing to this forum? Unlike your cyber hovel, reasonable posters who support rovers are welcome and have shown themselves to be quite self deprecating and all round good posters. You, on the other hand, have come on to the City forum just be post snide, one word/sentence replies (once you got over the shame of being a sag).

Do us all a favour and get yourself banned.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Clearly.

Have you got nothing else to do? The majority of Gas posting on here are half sensible and make a contribution.

You are just a ******** who was too ashamed to admit who he supported (understandable) and spend your entire time spouting shite. 

Do one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Son Of Nob said:

What, in the name of God, do you think you are contributing to this forum? Unlike your cyber hovel, reasonable posters who support rovers are welcome and have shown themselves to be quite self deprecating and all round good posters. You, on the other hand, have come on to the City forum just be post snide, one word/sentence replies (once you got over the shame of being a sag).

Do us all a favour and get yourself banned.

Great minds thinking alike, Son of Nob!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Just because we were on the pitch singing about staying up doesn't mean that we didn't have relegation coming. Obviously after that result we thought we would stay up, and I expect the majority of you were thinking "Lucky bastards have done it again". I don't remember calls for a promotion push that season, definitely the season before when Ward took over and we were in with a shout of a late push until Bradford put them dreams to bed. 

We flirted with relegation every year in the League after relegation from League One, and it was turning into a case of when, not if, we get relegated. We were getting dicked by teams like York and Hartlepool 4-0. We deserved to be relegated and had done for a few seasons.

I would like to know how you feel DC wasn't chucked in at the deep end though. Chucking him in with 8 games to go was a horrible decision.

It is a deep end, it is a deep end for any rookie manager. In his favour he was part of the backroom; much like when we had Pemberton and Wade Elliot step up in tough circumstances in roles they were unfamiliar with; and they won in adversity.

What I take objection to is the theme of inevitability about your relegation throughout your post prior to DC taking over. As I said, the only point you entered the bottom 2 that season was about 4pm on the final game of the season; you had a relatively comfortable run in, and even a defeat then wouldn't send you down as you needed two other results to conspire to result in relegation: much like needing Accy not to beat Stevenage to go up.

I've also said before DC has done very well since that time and it's no surprise to me he's on Leeds' radar. When Peterborough's job came up I thought he might have been fancied for that one too. But I don't think you can rewrite history to show he was handed a bomb to catch. He wasn't. He was given a job with very reasonable prospects of keeping you up and didn't. What's refreshing is he got another chance and proved worthy of it.

39 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Sacking Ward with 8 games to go was the horrible decision.  He'd have kept you up IMO.

2 minutes ago, Weezord said:

I'm contributing to your mammoth Bristol Rovers thread in case you hadn't noticed.

Fair enough and I think you're right...every Rovers thread should have a Gas d1ck with nothing to say contributing every so often.

Not too embarrassed to admit who you support now then?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 29AR said:

It is a deep end, it is a deep end for any rookie manager. In his favour he was part of the backroom; much like when we had Pemberton and Wade Elliot step up in tough circumstances in roles they were unfamiliar with; and they won in adversity.

What I take objection to is the theme of inevitability about your relegation throughout your post prior to DC taking over. As I said, the only point you entered the bottom 2 that season was about 4pm on the final game of the season; you had a relatively comfortable run in, and even a defeat then wouldn't send you down as you needed two other results to conspire to result in relegation: much like needing Accy not to beat Stevenage to go up.

I've also said before DC has done very well since that time and it's no surprise to me he's on Leeds' radar. When Peterborough's job came up I thought he might have been fancied for that one too. But I don't think you can rewrite history to show he was handed a bomb to catch. He wasn't. He was given a job with very reasonable prospects of keeping you up and didn't. What's refreshing is he got another chance and proved worthy of it.

I wasn't trying to create excuses or make it sound like we were down before DC took charge, obviously we went down because we were unable to beat a team who had nothing to play for on the last day when everything seemed to be in our favor. I'm just trying to get across that over a number of seasons in League 2 we were poor, and it just felt like sooner or later we were gonna get relegated. We had it coming in a sense that we were being run horribly both on and off the pitch for a few years.

44 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Sacking Ward with 8 games to go was the horrible decision.  He'd have kept you up IMO.

It was, but I'm still not sure he would have kept us up. Ward played far too defensively and wouldn't have got what seemed to be 3 massive points against against Wycombe.  

• Like 1

I don't know if DC did it because he thought he wouldn't be able to work with the maniac at Leeds, or the new contract offer was too good to turn down, or he's simply loyal to the club and keeping his promise to get Rovers to top 10 in L1.

Whatever the reason, it's a huge relief he's signed. The names Gary Johnson and Ian Holloway had already been mentioned as replacements. Both, especially the second, would have been a catastrophe.