IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, Super said:

They release a story like this every couple of months. "negotiations ongoing"  "progress being made".  Why are they still in negotiations - if Sainsburys had paid up years ago they would have started immediately.  Why not now?  Sounds a lot like bluster and bluff to me.

8 hours ago, Weezord said:

Tick tock not long till a big announcement later.

I'll keep this thread updated. Lots of interested posters I'm sure judging by the size of the thread.

:10_1_108:

I'll keep this thread updated. Lots of interested posters I'm sure judging by the size of the thread.

******* hell Weezel you were so sure of your massive announcement you had to post this at 1.30 AM.

Congrats on making yourself look stupid for the 85th time on this thread.

• Like 3

Oh the gift......

Oh dear........it's like the whole of the 'Oh Yes' thread confined into one post......Classic :clap:

24 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Plenty of patience is what we've got 

Does it not worry you that there was no news of any investment yet talks continue with the UWE?

Something not quite right there. I suspect a funding deal will be setup between UWE and a 3rd party with Rovers renting the stadium. I dont think it will ever be 'Rovers Stadium'.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The Blue few seem to be the world's happiest mushrooms.

Kept in the dark and fed on shit and they love it.

They are pretty thick in fairness, summed up perfectly by this post on the Rovers forum

"The only down side to having new billionaire owners is every slimey greedy dirty agent wants to rob us blind".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Super said:

They are pretty thick in fairness, summed up perfectly by this post on the Rovers forum

"The only down side to having new billionaire owners is every slimey greedy dirty agent wants to rob us blind".

Thing is, none of us know how wealthy Wally is or isn't.

What we can say though, is that in terms of funding new players, he has put as much money in to the club as any of us have.

On 6/8/2016 at 22:47, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

If it uses advanced level 'Gaslogic'

Thinks like a Gashead...

Sounds like a Gashead...

.....Its a Gashead

You forgot Smells like a Gashead, :gasmask:

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Thing is, none of us know how wealthy Wally is or isn't.

What we can say though, is that in terms of funding new players, he has put as much money in to the club as any of us have.

Any City fan that has ever bought a ticket for a derby at  Eastville Twerton  The Memorial Ground has actually put MORE into buying them players than Wally.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, City169 said:

Talks that have been going on for how many years now?

Exactly, year and years of nothing but hot air, and their fans lap it up, when they left Eastville they spouted nothing but hot air and still they're spouting the same hot air.

In the hot air stakes they would give Cameron balloons a run for their money.

Still at least it give them another reason to claim we are jealous of them, I can imagine the chant now whispering out of the blackthorn tent " are you watching ashton gate, we got more hot air than you".

2 hours ago, Philgas said:

Plenty of patience is what we've got 

...and I'm sure eventually a deal will be hammered out and the UWE Stadium will be built. This new owner of yours hasn't wiped off your Wonga debts to stay put at the Mem when it makes no money for him.

Interesting to read on Slagchat today (the forum where they constantly accuse us of being obsessed but never, ever mention City themselves) the morons dedicated most of their thread about this 'announcement' to w@n king over the thought that you might get a bigger stadium than us. 

Absolutely hilarious, I genuinely couldn't give a toss if your new stadium is bigger than AG...in fact, I hope it'll be huge because if we struggle to fill a 27k AG, how the hell are you going to fill something bigger when you only sold 26k tickets for arguably the most important game in your clubs history?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Weezord said:

Still waiting for this big announcement, I reckon you need new batteries, either they're close to dead or dying, bit like the chances of wally funding a stadium.

15 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Knew I wouldn't have to post an update. You guys have it covered.

Genuine question. 

Why isn't Wally funding the stadium himself?

Yes, we take the mick about his billionaire status, but he clearly has cash, so what reasoning has he given for not paying for it himself.

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Genuine question. 

Why isn't Wally funding the stadium himself?

Yes, we take the mick about his billionaire status, but he clearly has cash, so what reasoning has he given for not paying for it himself.

I am no expert but I would imagine it will be because the Return on Investment (ROI) would be very low if any at all especially in the first few years. There would be no ROI whilst it was being built and from what we can see, it would appear it would take almost all of whatever free cash he has, or it would mean cashing in his current investments to raise the cash. I don't think any business man would do that unless, like SL, it was only a small percentage of their overall wealth.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am no expert but I would imagine it will be because the Return on Investment (ROI) would be very low if any at all especially in the first few years. There would be no ROI whilst it was being built and from what we can see, it would appear it would take almost all of whatever free cash he has, or it would mean cashing in his current investments to raise the cash. I don't think any business man would do that unless, like SL, it was only a small percentage of their overall wealth.

But their bloke has more money than Lansdown, he's got a £15k watch to prove it! 

I walked into a car show room, agreed to buy a Tesla, they were happy to sell me one and I was happy to buy. Now I've just got to find the finance for it....But the reassuring thing is the agreement is in place for me to buy it.

Can I now go round telling everyone I own a Tesla?

Edited by Just Red
  • Like 10

All this talk of a new stadium, here's a great idea, why don't they just pitch up I mean relocate to Swindle as they have so much in common, but they have a lovely stadium all ready to move in on. They could put their blue & white tarpaulin roof on in the corner of the Stratton bank and call it home, there's plenty of capacity for both sets of fans, perfect.

2 hours ago, Weezord said:

Knew I wouldn't have to post an update. You guys have it covered.

You are really, really odd. This now proves that even if you were once a Pompey fan, that you are definitely now without doubt a gashead.

Clip clop

Am I the only one a little disappointed Rovers haven't signed anyone for a fair chunk of money yet?  I hoped they might just threaten to become a rival again - sometimes it is so tedious being the dominant team in a large city, without any competition whatsoever, dating back as long as I can remember.

Sigh, I guess City will never have anyone local to truly challenge them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

A open top bus with a plan for a car park, but no agreement with UWE yet.

No agreement,just a return ticket to the Mem.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but, I think they are now definitely trying to involve the local authority. There have been a few references to how good this will be to the South Glos area and discussions with the local council. If I was a resident of South Glos I'd be posing questions to my council officers and councillors.

Typical of this club to try and get somebody else to supply them with the stadium "they deserve". They tried it with BCC in the nineties and even formed their own political party to fight against BCC at the local elections, in an attempt to force the council to get them their ground.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Philgas said:

No news is good news sometimes 

Agreed, like when the docs say "we'll only contact you if you DO have chlamydia". 

However in this case, where you are looking for positive news that progress is being made, no news is most definitely not good news.