IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

21 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It was a very enjoyable game it has to be said! How you getting on in your quest for strikers BTW, any irons in the fire? I certainly don`t want you to go down but do fear for you if you don`t get anyone in.

Nothing doing as of yet. Looks like Nathan Byrne off to Wigan and we wanted him :(

17 hours ago, redfred said:

Following recent jibes from Rovers' fans about our support, tonight just goes to show the true attendance gap between our two clubs: the last Football League Trophy game we played there were 72,000 there, compared to Rovers' attendance tonight of 1,418.....

Oh give 'em a break.

We all know there were another 50,000 locked outside,

3 hours ago, Malago said:

We're 6 hours away from the fact that Wally will have gone through his first transfer window as gas supremo without spending a penny on transfer fees.

#ticktock: Are they still coming for us?

they have one incoming, but if its a loan then that tells you all you need to know about their "billionaire"

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

they have one incoming, but if its a loan then that tells you all you need to know about their "billionaire"

They'll spend a bit this window. Just enough to have their fans think they are going places (that place being Swindon again, rather than a new stadium they can't afford).

37 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Deal in place for Sylvan Ebanks-Blake to leave #chesterfieldfc on season-long loan deal. It's neither Southend or #BristolRovers #spireites

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Deal in place for Sylvan Ebanks-Blake to leave #chesterfieldfc on season-long loan deal. It's neither Southend or #BristolRovers #spireites

They hoping he'll go to them as the price-per-letter on the back of the shirts the deluded will buy should generate enough for a new tent.

20 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Wally don't have the money to pay for uwe site 

yes his family has some money but all invested in there four persent shares 

he has been trying to get backing from investors 

with no luck 

on paper he's has money he was banking on Sainsbury losing in court and now finding he stuck with little chance of getting his return 

this is why there now news on uwe also no players pay for and why he is tarting up there ground on the cheep 

The penny will drop soon

• Like 1

The thing for me is intent. Back to back promotions, wealthy owner and all they have to show for it so far is 1 new tent and a 6 month loan signing.

Its pathetic. You don't need to go nuts but where is the intent? Their record signing is only 300 odd k. Show some ambition.

4 minutes ago, Gazred said:

The thing for me is intent. Back to back promotions, wealthy owner and all they have to show for it so far is 1 new tent and a 6 month loan signing.

Its pathetic. You don't need to go nuts but where is the intent? Their record signing is only 300 odd k. Show some ambition.

Quick have a ridiculous love-in on Gloucester Road to celebrate zero spending. Hold Wally aloft! The gift is back to giving generously again! 

• Like 1

chippenhamgas Avatar
Henbury "Scab" Gas Avatar
plan B is about to be put into action....

More investment needed

Bring back Nick Higgs

Maybe we should have gone with the other consortium who apparently had the finance in place to start uwe immediately. Wael clearly isn't willing to finance this himself which means every detail in negotiations has to go our way to make outside investment add up. Uwe aren't going to concede everything.

Is this a joke?? Everyone needs to chill out, if UWE isn't right long term we don't want it, so we have a delay short term.... big deal!

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Transfer deadline day must be bloody boring up Horfield way. They must just sit there in front of Sky just waiting for the name Bristol Rovers to be mentioned, it doesn`t happen and they troop off to bed.

I'm sat in Horfield, loving the window this season :city:

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can't decide if their result last night was right up there with losing to Bath & Hitchen etc. 

I was going to say Altrincham but then remembered that was a (non) league game and they were entitled to lose against another club at their level, without too much ribbing. 

Lets put it into perspective they are an embarrassment to the City and County of Bristol.

• Like 2

Even making a sigining they make themselves look tinpot :) This is off the BBC transfer thred

"DONE DEAL

Bristol Rovers sign Chelsea duo

Posted at19:10

League One side Bristol Rovers have signed Chelsea duo Jake Clarke-Salter and Charlie Colkett on loan - although this is the second time the Pirates have tweeted the news, having originally used a picture of Ruben Loftus-Cheek."

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Even making a sigining they make themselves look tinpot :) This is off the BBC transfer thred

"DONE DEAL

League One side Bristol Rovers have signed Chelsea duo Jake Clarke-Salter and Charlie Colkett on loan - although this is the second time the Pirates have tweeted the news, having originally used a picture of Ruben Loftus-Cheek."

Oh bloody hell that's rather shite. Poor Loftus Cheek. 

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

"DONE DEAL

BREAKING NEWS.

Loftus-Cheek to sue Bristol Rovers for everything they own.

Because he wants to go camping next week.:cool:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Transfer deadline day must be bloody boring up Horfield way. They must just sit there in front of Sky just waiting for the name Bristol Rovers to be mentioned, it doesn`t happen and they troop off to bed.

Think back to the early 60s. Didn't Rovers then have a publicly announced club POLICY of "No buy, no sell"?

12 minutes ago, 22A said:

Think back to the early 60s. Didn't Rovers then have a publicly announced club POLICY of "No buy, no sell"?

Yes I've heard older sags talking about that. I believe they were relegated soon afterwards. Edit: According to wiki they abolished the policy in 1961 at the end of their only really successful period. THEN they were relegated. So it must have worked reasonably well surprisingly.

Edited by Southstandoriginal

Guest DancinDannyD
29 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Played for England u19s . Have these lads genuine question 

As my esteemed Gashead friend and potential drinking partner states, yes - England age group honours.

In fact Colkett is a team mate of your loanee Abraham and has got some very good reviews - sounds promising and I hope he can display his full potential in the rough and tumble of League 1.

A number of Chelsea fans on Twitter surprised he's gone to L1 and not the Championship.

Some write-ups:

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/features/2015/4/14/8410887/charlie-colkett-under-the-radar

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2445503-is-charlie-colkett-the-best-kept-secret-of-chelseas-academy

Seems a great signing for us and I'm sure Bert is equally as excited by his joining as I am! :shifty:

Edit :. And Clarke-Salter sounds promising too!  On paper good business by Darrell today 

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/john-terry-i-hope-jake-clarkesalter-takes-my-place-in-the-chelsea-team-a3225391.html

Edited by DancinDannyD

3 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

As my esteemed Gashead friend and potential drinking partner states, yes - England age group honours.

In fact Colkett is a team mate of your loanee Abraham and has got some very good reviews - sounds promising and I hope he can display his full potential in the rough and tumble of League 1.

A number of Chelsea fans on Twitter surprised he's gone to L1 and not the Championship.

Some write-ups:

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/features/2015/4/14/8410887/charlie-colkett-under-the-radar

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2445503-is-charlie-colkett-the-best-kept-secret-of-chelseas-academy

Seems a great signing for us and I'm sure Bert is equally as excited by his joining as I am! :shifty:

Good for your lot how much they cost

4 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Some write-ups:

Have a Babycham to celebrate, Fanny.

6 minutes ago, reddoh said:

are you gas ? :-)

7 minutes ago, reddoh said:

are you gas ? :-)

Certainly not, I'm an irate and always have been

edit

(sorry, I think someone's taken the P)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Yes I've heard older sags talking about that. I believe they were relegated soon afterwards. Edit: According to wiki they abolished the policy in 1961 at the end of their only really successful period. THEN they were relegated. So it must have worked reasonably well surprisingly.

The fifties Rovers side was composed mainly of Bristolians. The fact that the maximum wage for footballers was still in force then (£20 a week I think) and the Bosman ruling was decades into the future, made changing clubs a less attractive prospect than it is now.

So the 6th richest club in the country have spent £0.00 in the transfer market!!  It begs the question of what's the point of willy waving about having a "rich" owner when he doesn't spend any of his ££££???

From perusing Gaschat they seem to think it's a badge of honour to not spend any money as it shows how brilliant DC is as a manager and how careful Wael is as an owner?  Will be interesting to see what they say if skirting with relegation by Christmas.

And another thing while I'm here, the arrogance of their fans thinking because they showed up at Chelsea and gave them a game, and took some fans, that Chelsea have selected them worthy of having some loan players?  Really???

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, bert tann said:

edit

was it Danny?

54 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Some write-ups:

Edit :. And Clarke-Salter sounds promising too!  On paper good business by Darrell today 

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/john-terry-i-hope-jake-clarkesalter-takes-my-place-in-the-chelsea-team-a3225391.html

Maybe Wally got them when he renewed his Chelsea season tickets!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roylegalatyeo said:

No chance of Wally spending.All of his cash taken up in ground improvements new tent , canopy  over entrance to directors lounge and new portakabin.Poor billionaire spent out!

I feel for him. I hope they have a successful car boot sale this weekend. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

So the 6th richest club in the country have spent £0.00 in the transfer market!!  It begs the question of what's the point of willy waving about having a "rich" owner when he doesn't spend any of his ££££???

From perusing Gaschat they seem to think it's a badge of honour to not spend any money as it shows how brilliant DC is as a manager and how careful Wael is as an owner?  

And another thing while I'm here, the arrogance of their fans thinking because they showed up at Chelsea and gave them a game, and took some fans, that Chelsea have selected them worthy of having some loan players?  Really???

Incredible stuff from the brain dead idiots who frequent that den of stupidity.

Maybe Chelsea loaned us Tammy because they thought our support is superb, Obviously we didn't need to prove it by selling 4k tickets for a glamour cup tie at Stamford Bridge. I expect West Brom were dying to send us players after we took 5k to the Hawthorns in January?

Their apparent satisfaction that Wally is not so quick to put his hand in his pocket is in stark contrast to the shit they were all coming out with when the Al Qadis arrived and they all went into w@nky overdrive about how he was going to splash the cash and bring in quality players to help them overtake us in the league.

Hypocritical morons.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, roylegalatyeo said:

Yeah but Wally paying for fans coaches to Swindle.Must cost all of  a fiver a head.Hey big spender!

Which in turn will bring the police bill right down, giving Swindle double double bubble. 

Swindon are a disgrace, Rovers are still Deacons (of the Joey variety).

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Incredible stuff from the brain dead idiots who frequent that den of stupidity.

Maybe Chelsea loaned us Tammy because they thought our support is superb, Obviously we didn't need to prove it by selling 4k tickets for a glamour cup tie at Stamford Bridge. I expect West Brom were dying to send us players after we took 5k to the Hawthorns in January?

Their apparent satisfaction that Wally is not so quick to put his hand in his pocket is in stark contrast to the shit they were all coming out with when the Al Qadis arrived and they all went into w@nky overdrive about how he was going to splash the cash and bring in quality players to help them overtake us in the league.

Hypocritical morons.

And apparently they love Sir Colin Daniel as much as we do because if it wasn't for him they wouldn't have had such unprecedented success. Back to back promotions. Utter pandemonium at the end of last season because they were up to the dizzy heights of....wait for it....Division 3! Ahaahaaahaaa Ahaahaaahaaa....please stop it Sags I can't take all of these gifts!

Guest DancinDannyD
10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

As part of the wider "football family" we should not be celebrating this, regardless of the club involved. It is a disgrace.

Exactly :clap:well said that man (or possibly woman, I don't know!)

Much like those sniggering at our lowest competitive fixture attendance last night the issue at stake is much bigger than a point scoring exercise.

What Swindon are doing is shameful. And I'm proud that such a low turnout happened last night at our, and other EFL Trophy, games as the implications of letting this slip through unchallenged are just too great for our beautiful game.

1 minute ago, DancinDannyD said:

Exactly :clap:well said that man (or possibly woman, I don't know!)

Much like those sniggering at our lowest competitive fixture attendance last night the issue at stake is much bigger than a point scoring exercise.

What Swindon are doing is shameful. And I'm proud that such a low turnout happened last night at our, and other EFL Trophy, games as the implications of letting this slip through unchallenged are just too great for our beautiful game.

Fair play Danny, it`s not often I agree with you but in this case you`re right on both points. I`d like to think we`d have done the same if we were in the trophy.

• Like 2

This is Wally's story ....

http://www.venturemagazine.me/2016/08/buying-into-the-beautiful-game/

"After months of intensive negotiations, al-Qadi eventually beat around 10 other bidders to secure ownership of the club by absorbing its considerable debts. Due to a non-disclosure agreement, he can’t reveal the figures involved, but he insisted his family got a good deal. “You would be amazed at how much value we got,” he said. "

So he didn't pay off the considerable debts .... he just "absorbed" them!

Would we be amazed at the value he got? .... he still had change from a fiver?