IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

The latest gift I've seen on twitter . Actually printing t shirts about a friendly . It's like it's the first time they been on a plane or something :rofl2br:

IMG_0143.JPG

Yeah, where's our 'City in Namibia' t-shirts, Steve?  Bloody Bristol Sport!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

The latest gift I've seen on twitter . Actually printing t shirts about a friendly . It's like it's the first time they been on a plane or something :rofl2br:

IMG_0143.JPG

Is this match to honour the Dean Windass hero worship? 

4 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I'm at a bit of a loose end tonight, truth be told but that's brilliant! It has really lifted my spirits.

It's not just the gas logic - "we don't need money, we'll aim to emulate Bournemouth" (who spent a shed load of money, for any dear reader unaware).

It's also a really poorly constructed case: "togetherness....team spirit....playing for each other..., proud to wear the shirt....A proud football club" are all one in the same point.

"DC achieving.... being an up and coming manager with bright ideas" is point two. 

And then some excitement about winning a penalty shoot out against Grimsby to get back into the football league and then coming third in league 2.  I do not think we have come lower than 10th in League 1 in 20 odd years.

Then, just to blow anybody of an analylitical mind completely an utterly away, it is claimed we are for some reason jealous and obsessed with them.

The conclusion of the piece, by the orator's own admission is to believe that they can emulate Bournemouth and overtake us.

Well, ****king Hell!  

The post was obviously written by a 15y/o so really I'm being a bit harsh.  Still, it's been an amusing gift on a quiet Friday night in.

Counter arguments:

1. Their owner is considerably richer than Bournemouth's.

2. They both have crap stadiums.

3. Er, that's it.

You win then.:clap:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bend it like brian said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bristol-Rovers-FC-Eastville-North-Stand-Seat-/192215103522?hash=item2cc0e9b822:g:HnMAAOSwDrNZPneM

just in case anyone is interested....:thumbsup::thumbsup: check out this belters other items iam actually nearly crying:clapping:

He's also selling this:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/GARY-GLITTER-rare-2-single-All-That-Glitters-/192218079910?hash=item2cc11722a6%3Ag%3Ah40AAOSwjKFZQmpt&_trkparms=pageci%3A948c3e11-532a-11e7-8e05-74dbd1804d6e%7Cparentrq%3Ab4d9eeeb15c0aa18b34f29adfffdcba3%7Ciid%3A10

I'm not sure what's worse, Eastville stadium tat or a Gary Glitter record.

3 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Gary Glitter is rhyming slang, and Eastville was a steaming pile of ordure, so I can definitely see a link.

I would be more embarrassed by the seat.

11 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

IMG_0143.JPG

Quite possibly, one of the THE most tragic things i've ever, ever seen....what next for the delusional inbreds??

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Quite possibly, one of the THE most tragic things i've ever, ever seen....what next for the delusional inbreds??

I wonder if any of the goaty-breath shithouses printed survival t-shirts for the Mansfield match? I wouldn't have put it past them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bend it like brian said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bristol-Rovers-FC-Eastville-North-Stand-Seat-/192215103522?hash=item2cc0e9b822:g:HnMAAOSwDrNZPneM

just in case anyone is interested....:thumbsup::thumbsup: check out this belters other items iam actually nearly crying:clapping:

Dopey won't be happy. If Wally's bid wins it then that'll be the transfer budget halved.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bend it like brian said:

It has a piccy of the dogtrack, I forgot all about the evenings me and my mates spent down there when one of us could drive and had a car at 17, couple of pints, chips and a flutter on the dogs, happy days......... :sad26:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I wonder if any of the goaty-breath shithouses printed survival t-shirts for the Mansfield match? I wouldn't have put it past them.

They didn't need to, they printed all the survival t-shirts after beating Wycombe....oh, oh hang on.....

• Like 3

It appears that not everyone at the club is buying in to Darrell`s dream as one of their better players, Peter Hartley, has buggered off to Blackpool. He`s quoted as saying that once he knew they were interested it was a no-brainer for him.

That will be the Blackpool that are a total car crash of a club with one of the dodgiest owners in football resulting in no-one going to watch them, no money and, until last season, have been in free fall yet he still sees them as a better prospect than the g*s!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

It appears that not everyone at the club is buying in to Darrell`s dream as one of their better players, Peter Hartley, has buggered off to Blackpool. He`s quoted as saying that once he knew they were interested it was a no-brainer for him.

That will be the Blackpool that are a total car crash of a club with one of the dodgiest owners in football resulting in no-one going to watch them, no money and, until last season, have been in free fall yet he still sees them as a better prospect than the g*s!

Sorry, thought you were talking about the sags !

• Like 7

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 01:07, bend it like brian said:

No Eastville South Stand seats then? Funny that.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Super said:

Didn't take long........

"3,000 away fans to The Valley, surely"?

We certainly owe them a result after last seasons drubbings too!!!

Assuming that's their opening day fixture, I'd fully expect them to take 3k to Charlton. 

• Like 2

• Admin
30 minutes ago, Super said:

Didn't take long........

"3,000 away fans to The Valley, surely"?

We certainly owe them a result after last seasons drubbings too!!!

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Assuming that's their opening day fixture, I'd fully expect them to take 3k to Charlton. 

Agree with @Bar BS3 would fully expect them to take over 3k to Charlton for the opening game

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

Agree with @Bar BS3 would fully expect them to take over 3k to Charlton for the opening game

16 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

If they don't sell out Charlton away for 1st game of the season then it will be a poor show. I fully expect them to tbh

12 minutes ago, glynriley said:

They should travel in numbers, after all its a trip they'll be familiar with...

Dartford is only up the road. 

Hang on a minute!

We are all forgetting about the Homeopathy & Herbal medicine event at the Botanic Gardens on that day. 

That is sure to effect the numbers that are available to travel. 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 8

On 6/16/2017 at 22:14, steviestevieneville said:

IMG_0143.JPG

Does this mean that at least one football club in Bristol does actually have a shirt with a football related subject available for sale?

On 16 June 2017 at 22:14, steviestevieneville said:

IMG_0143.JPG

Hull City have told fans not to book travel for this fixture as they are considering pulling out :laugh:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

Hull City have told fans not to book travel for this fixture as they are considering pulling out :laugh:

Just when a football related shirt becomes available for sale in Bristol the relevance of it is possibly going to be torn to shreds. How prosaic.

1 minute ago, WRERE said:

New 5 year deal for the dog shagger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40366579

Good signing for them. I assume that this means Wally is going to give him some pocket money so that he can get a few players.

Either that, or they fear he is about to get snapped up by someone else and they want to make sure they are well compensated.

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Good signing for them. I assume that this means Wally is going to give him some pocket money so that he can get a few players.

Either that, or they fear he is about to get snapped up by someone else and they want to make sure they are well compensated.

Interesting that he only signed a new three year deal last summer

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You mean some huge number... Say 300k 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm pretty damn sure it will be the latter and fair play to him really for ensuring his current gaseous mates get something for him, even if it is small change for his future club.  

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I wonder if the bloke who had the t-shirts printed has started a pre*-season sale?

*similar to a mid-season sale, only more football related.

The sag who posted the picture on twitter got all defensive when I started laughing at it and calling them tinpot saying they weren't official . Then trying to twist it saying we had t shirts made when coppell came in as manager ( can't remember that) 

i had to point out about their wembly t shirts years ago to which he got all pissy again and disappeared 

The sag who posted the picture on twitter got all defensive when I started laughing at it and calling them tinpot saying they weren't official . Then trying to twist it saying we had t shirts made when coppell came in as manager ( can't remember that) 

i had to point out about their wembly t shirts years ago to which he got all pissy again and disappeared 

We didn't make coppell shirts the club did

Did he get shirty?

23 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We didn't make coppell shirts the club did

Appointing a former premier league manager is slightly different to a pre-season friendly in a non league ground against a championship team! 

• Like 1

Today it has been announced that Darrell Clarke has been given a five year contract.

Rovers supporters are ecstatic as they once again fall into the trap of only seeing what they want to see.

The UWE must be going ahead they say instead of considering this might be an intricate ploy to cover up what is happening behind the scenes as the AJIB share price continues to fall and the owners desperately try to extricate themselves from the mess they are in. 

What has not been announced is that Dwane Sports Ltd registered a charge against the Memorial Stadium on 31st May 2017.

Why did they do that ?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Today it has been announced that Darrell Clarke has been given a five year contract.

Rovers supporters are ecstatic as they once again fall into the trap of only seeing what they want to see.

The UWE must be going ahead they say instead of considering this might be an intricate ploy to cover up what is happening behind the scenes as the AJIB share price continues to fall and the owners desperately try to extricate themselves from the mess they are in. 

What has not been announced is that Dwane Sports Ltd registered a charge against the Memorial Stadium on 31st May 2017.

Why did they do that ?

The plot thickens. 

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Why did they do that ?

I'm not the best when it comes to legalities. What does it mean. registering a charge ? Is it for monies owed ? :help:

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I'm not the best when it comes to legalities. What does it mean. registering a charge ? Is it for monies owed ? :help:

Basically it means Bristol Rovers owe Dwayne Sports money, this debt is now secured against the ground. 

• Like 3