IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think you misunderstood. 

That was probably just Wally getting a free bag of prawn crackers with his delivery order of over £10. 

I'm sorry, but I can't just let this answer go unchallenged.

It is obviously absolute rubbish.

Wally would never fork out £10 on an order ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, myol'man said:

They honestly see the situation more like Sheffield, seeing United above Wednesday , gets them thinking "that'll be us soon" :facepalm:

Weirdly I can't recall Roverz 20,000+ gates in League One, so comparing themselves to Sheff U is a bit like if we compared ourselves to Arsenal, isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"I didn't go today, Geoff but listened to the radio and was pleased with what I heard because it sounds like we played really well and we're not going to be in danger of going down ... we've had another bad week off of the pitch yet, Geoff ... but on the pitch we're back on track. Well done Darrell!"

They did lose didn't they? Lost five on the bounce and won once in nine? Well, well done Darrell from me too.

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

24 minutes ago, 22A said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11149/blackburn-rovers-matchday-thread-edition?page=9

Go to pages 9 & 10. We were robbed. The better team lost. One of their goals was offside etc, etc,

No praise for a (or any) team coming from behind to win.

Funny in that thread they reported us going 2 nil down. 

But then didn't report any of our goals :blink::thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Let's assume that Dopey has had enough and walks.  What then? They can't afford a Football League manager and Dooey is still on a Non League contract, so the best they could get would be a non league manager. There is talk of a big name or two, but they couldn't afford anything like that.  They are even goung to have to sell of the team to stay afloat.

• Haha 1

2 million vi

13 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Looks like this thread will pass 2,000,000 views this weekend . It's not that we're that bothered about R*vers, it's just that they keep coming out with classic comedy gold :clapping:

2 million views yes, but how many have been locked out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Please will one of you young techno geeks explain why, when asking a Gas acquaintance what they're recent cup and league form is, he ended his text:

"LLL LLL"?

I thought it was "L"O"L" as that's what I was doing when his text arrived....

Edited by BTRFTG
  • Haha 6

On 23/11/2017 at 21:03, BCFC11 said:

Quote from over there - He’s not wrong they are 2 completely different characters SL isn’t a fraud for a start.

‘But our situation is more complicated. Ashton is a dump, you could do what you want down there and no one will object, The Mem is a far more challenging site for lots of reasons. And landsdown is an individual happy to waste his money, whatever you think of the Al Qadis they are very different characters.’

Funny thing planning policy in that it doesn’t vary from one district of a City to another, unless you’re in a conservation area.

But let’s not let the facts get in the way of a good excuse though.

• Haha 1

More inane ramblings from Gaschat:

I think we have a psychological issue when we play ‘big’ clubs in big stadiums away from home in the league.
Have we played in a game like this and brought back all 3 points since Southampton in 2009?

Norwich away - lost.
Leeds away - drawn and lost.
Sheffield W away - lost.
Sheffield U away - lost.
Bolton away - drew.
Portsmouth away - always lose.
Millwall - always lose.
MK Dons - drawn and lost.
Charlton away - lost.
Coventry away - lost.
Blackburn away - lost.

Maybe I’m talking rubbish because I suppose by definition an away game at a big ground is one that we’re not likely to be favourites in, but we do seem to make a habit of being the ‘plucky loser’ in matches like this (today being another example).

#1  - Surely just about every stadium they go to is "big" compared the tiny dump they play in 

#2 - They are not making a habit of being "plucky losers" in matches like Blackburn today - they are making a habit of being losers in every match regardless of opposition (and long may it continue all the way back to the basement league)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4