IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Someone's been going through the bins again...

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11253/pasty-hut

Food being sold to the public that is bad? Perhaps the council need to send in a cleaning inspector.

Some of the comments on that thread - wow.

edit* if anyone fancies dropping the council an email 

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/food-business/food-safety-inspections

Edited by Rocky

Not good that a bloke was walking home from their match today and was stabbed by 3 youffs on push bikes.

Hope he gets well soon, and they catch the little ***** that did this.

Nobody deserves that.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/newsroom/2017/12/stabbing-in-horfield-under-investigation/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Not good that a bloke was walking home from their match today and was stabbed by 3 youffs on push bikes.

Nobody deserves that.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/newsroom/2017/12/stabbing-in-horfield-under-investigation/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

Agreed. Hope the little scrotes are rounded up quickly. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Nobody deserves that.

Hope the police find them and justice is swift.

Like to think the person responsible isn't at home for Christmas.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JBFC II said:

From the CCMB but probably the most deluded thing I have ever seen.... 

Its worth knowing a bit of the background over there. Rovers fans are by far the more knowledgeable and longer serving set of fans. They've been through much leaner times, but still turn out in big numbers home and away.

The Wurzels (lovingly named the 'Shit Heads' from the Rovers fans) are the more Sky TV loving, pseudo middle class types whereas the Gas Heads (as they're called by the Shit Heads') are the more down to earth, passionate and loyal type of fan.

Rovers have unfortunately been in the lower leagues for longer, but will absolutely dwarf the attendances of the Shit Heads when the roles are reversed. 

Which I'm certain will be in the next few seasons come to think of it... 

Don't forget that football ALWAYS goes in cycles thumbup.gif

I think their wheels must have fallen off then.

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Has someone perhaps been getting the stuff cheap off a bloke down the pub after he salvaged it from a skip round the back of Tesco`s. I doubt it as no professionally run organisation would do that surely.

I would have thought selling out of date foodstuffs would be something Trading Standards might be interested in though.

300x300.jpg.e7c9e8f43f94ee01bc4dcc78128d72af.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

Nobody deserves that.

Holy crap! All joking aside, I wish the gashead well. It's a game after all. 

6 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

They were just praying that he didn't score the winner. They were nail biting and it definitely increased when the snake came on.

There was a few "******* hell's" and a couple of "Turn it off" when he came on and the camera zoomed in on the name TAYLOR emblazoned across the back of a red shirt.

I’m sure we wore purple on Friday night....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 01:47, PHILINFRANCE said:

I believe @Miah Dennehy is a he, although I am pretty sure @In the Net is a she.

Both good posters, though, and a shame that @Miah Dennehy has been absent for so long - he will undoubtedly return once the rugby starts.

Don't worry, once we have our new stadium/modified stadium/bigger tents I will be back, then you will al be sorry you took the piss :)

How are things going south of the river btw, is LJ a little more popular these days?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Don't worry, once we have our new stadium/modified stadium/bigger tents I will be back, then you will al be sorry you took the piss :)

How are things going south of the river btw, is LJ a little more popular these days?

Brilliant manager. We never doubted him!

• Haha 7

22 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You missed a new Santa’s Grotto and a new pie stall. 

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Don’t know what you’re on about miah , LJ’s the greatest ever, never in doubt ;)

30 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Funnily enough, I used to really rate him, not so much these days though :)

Welcome back Miah. You`ve timed your return well it being the season of giving and all that.

At this time of year we should all take some time to think of those less fortunate than ourselves and we will be doing that for sure.:P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Ah, so you hadn’t actually gone away. You were just waiting until you’d won a couple of games. 

No wonder we’d not seen you for so long..!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just watching Football On 5.

Are Rovers secretly hosting rugby matches on the side?

Their pitch looks like it has been ploughed. Maybe the championship ready sprinklers have a leak.

They're going to start growing their own potatoes,  to make sure the crisps aren't out of date. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I would say about as popular as DC with 2 caveats, 1. As popular as DC over his past 2 matches. 2. The popularity obviously has to be calculated percentage wise because as LJ succinctly pointed out the blue few only account for one third of Bristol's football fans these days.

You're welcome, have a nice day.

5 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

We apologise for the interruption to this broadcast. Normal boring discussion will be resumed shortly. For now sit back and enjoy something completely different.

P_20171210_201538_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.0b2a01f77253b1c1220c152578d7db84.jpg

How beautifully soothing. No sign of gas leaks here.

Is that what the mem will look like in five years time? After Steve`s bought it and turned it into a Community Park?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well might as well be me then

As I said.. Dont know what all the fuss was about.

A new dawn...

P_20171210_203810_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.321466df82f7e73d9af46fab92acc3cb.jpg

For the Gas.. Befitting of the 600th page as we look out across the expanse of their new franchised location in Jordan. The new Wadi Rovers.

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Are you really Thatch in disguise? You both seem to appear when we're losing games, and go strangely quiet when we're winning?!!!

Changing the theme;

Read  yesterday in a national newspaper that Bristol Rovers FC are being investigated for paying some of their employees under the minimum wage rate. Not sure if players are included.

Two other clubs were being looked at for the same reason. The one that stood out was Wolves and I think the other was Wycombe Wanderers.

I really think this discussion about tents could actually be the precursor to the Gas playing in the desert of Jordan. With their quality, strength in depth and clearly talented manager they could even win the title of Jordan's Premier League. After all Al Faisaly seem to win it every year. They must be desperate for somebody else to win it. Go get em Rovers.

And since all the teams in their 12 team Premier league are called Al something we should really christian Rovers from this day forth as Al-Gas. Full of hot air indeed.

Edited by havanatopia

5 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I really think this discussion about tents could actually be the precursor to the Gas playing in the desert of Jordan. With their quality, strength in depth and clearly talented manager they could even win the title of Jordan's Premier League. After all Al Faisaly seem to win it every year. They must be desperate for somebody else to win it. Go get em Rovers.

Their top scorer could  change his name to Billy Bedouin. 

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ah, so you hadn’t actually gone away. You were just waiting until you’d won a couple of games. 

No wonder we’d not seen you for so long..!

Well I was going to wait for 3 wins in a row but I really have been missing you all and didn't want to miss out on any Xmas presents you may be sending me  (Any single malt will be fine btw)

• Like 1

The gas have announced that they are releasing a film called 'The life of Wally', like everything else about the gas it's a complete rip off of some obscure Monty Python film whose name escapes me, but some of it has already leaked on to the inter web accidentally leaked by a complete bullshitter who has told the world that he repairs computers and sometimes at a very holy place called Ashton Gate.

Picture the scene Wally is being carried down Gloucester Road and he drops a gourd (the gourd was representative of a trophy but the gas had sold all of theirs) and then one of his shoes falls off.

Henbury Gas: Hail Messiah!

Wally: I'm not the Messiah!

Henbury Gas: I say You are, Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few.

FOLLOWERS: Hail Messiah!

Wally: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand?! Honestly!

Miah: Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.

Wally: What?! Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!

FOLLOWERS: He is! He is the Messiah!

Wally: Now, **** off!

Henbury Gas: How shall we **** off lord

Wally: Oh, just go away! Leave me alone.

Wally: glances at his really nice watch, reclaims his Ipad from Henbury Gas who had been repairing it after it had crashed during the sermon on Hanham Mount, where Wally had preached to the multitudes with at least 2 million locked out and he produced his latest miracle of turning fine wine into piss and thought to him himself 'thank **** Chelsea are home tonight and i've got a season ticket".

Wally: Where the **** is Dwane?.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4