IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

54 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Weren't they only ever in the relegation places in League 2 for the final 13 minutes of that season?

Bit longer than that, it was about an hour I believe.

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Just been listening once again to “Two Divorce Mike” as fresh and as funny as it was back in 2014.

You couldn’t post it on here by any chance could you?

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

They talked of the playoffs all season and then shit themselves on the last day and crashed out of the football league having celebrated staying up the week before prematurely.

They were saying they were going to swap divisions with us as late as March that season.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ******* clowns!! That made it even better...along with the way they’d celebrated our relegation to League 1 only 12 months earlier.

Bottlers.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I still love the fact that rovers were relegated by a team wearing their own kit!!

It just added to the comedy. It really was a balls up of epic proportions. They couldn’t have been dumped out of the football league any better in my opinion. From celebrating like bellends at Wycombe and singing songs about how everyone was going to believe them that they are staying up only to have the very same side assist with slamming a nail into their coffin the following week. From Agent Ward, to dopey crying, from two divorces to “City fans in the away end waiting for us”, to Colin Daniel dress in a black Rovers away shirt slamming in that beauty off the posts to their rioting and steward/horse punching exploits. Family club mind! FAMILY CLUB! It couldn’t have been a better day if it had been scripted!

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bit longer than that, it was about an hour I believe.

You couldn’t post it on here by any chance could you?

They were saying they were going to swap divisions with us as late as March that season.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ******* clowns!! That made it even better...along with the way they’d celebrated our relegation to League 1 only 12 months earlier.

Bottlers.

@Ska Junkie Might be able to do the honours. He still has my Mike “Mash-Up” I believe? I will no doubt be playing it full blast down the A38 later this evening.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bianconeri said:

Simple arithmetic I think.

The average for that season was about 10,100 and they got 26,000 when we went there on Good Friday just before we got promoted. There were about 20,000 reds there.

If they’d got a ‘normal’ game and gate that day the average would have been around 9,200 for the season.

Even a derby game would not usually have attracted more than about 17,000 at Ikea at that time. That 9000 extra equates to almost 400 per game, reducing the average below 10,000.

So, the 10,000 average that year is basically down to us.

Sorry, I'm with you now - you're on about 75/76 (was confused by the IKEA reference)?

So yes, that was just about the last time they had a 5 figure average home gate (may have had one a season or two later as well - used to know a website where you could look up this sort of junk but I'm beggared if I can think of it now). 

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Sorry, I'm with you now - you're on about 75/76 (was confused by the IKEA reference)?

So yes, that was just about the last time they had a 5 figure average home gate (may have had one a season or two later as well - used to know a website where you could look up this sort of junk but I'm beggared if I can think of it now). 

I’m sure that’s the last time they went over 10k average. Without our help it would be pushing 50 years now.

Another odd stat, we took 6 or 7,000 to Highbury on the opening day of 76/77. They had 4,000 to watch them thumped at home by York City I think.

Bestest, most loyal fans in the world and all that.

• Like 1

I’ve done a 3rd May commemorative video with the best bits of that day including a bit of Jeff Stelling enthusing about their relegation and some flashbacks to the premature celebrations at Wycombe the week before. It’s on its way to @Ska Junkie if you could do the honours?....The gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 4

I was at my son’s football game when the news filtered through that the Scum had somehow managed to get themselves relegated out of the league. Cue much hysterical jigging along the touchline to the bemusement of the other parents.

Little did we know then that the fun was just beginning -

Their despicable attempts to wriggle off the relegation hook like the graceless scum they are, being near the bottom of the Conference in August, losing to Altrincham and Braintree, fist-round FA Trophy KO to Bath, us winning the football league trophy while they were non-league, and the coup de grace of course us laying the ghost of 1990 by winning the title while they also got promoted - the difference of course being we went up with them in ‘90 While in ‘15 they just scraped back into the FL by the skin of their teeth.

The mirth was unrelenting and it has been Comedy Central ever since.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I’ve done a 3rd May commemorative video with the best bits of that day including a bit of Jeff Stelling enthusing about their relegation and some flashbacks to the premature celebrations at Wycombe the week before. It’s on its way to @Ska Junkie if you could do the honours?....The gift that keeps on giving.

As it's you CM. Yer tiz!

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Obviously laundering money 

My guess is trying to find some spurious reason to prevent Wycombe from taking up their hard-earned place in League 1 next season. Any offers? 

On 02/05/2018 at 15:31, bert tann said:

Someone should ask what Mr Karim Mardam-Bey does at Bristol Rovers' £ 250 000 pa London office.

My guess would be scouring the capital with the begging bowl in hand desperately trying to seek investment. The New tent won’t pay for itself.

9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

As it's you CM. Yer tiz!

Love Jeff’s commentary ‘they could of been 4 up but they haven’t taken their chances and they maaaaaaayyyyyy pay for it with their football league status’ :rofl2br::rofl2br:

FTG

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Love Jeff’s commentary ‘they could of been 4 up but they haven’t taken their chances and they maaaaaaayyyyyy pay for it with their football league status’ :rofl2br::rofl2br:

FTG

I know. Never ever get bored of it. Have to pinch myself just to believe that it actually happened and how hilarious it was.

27 minutes ago, old parkender said:

Do these clowns really believe this shite?

Trying to put positive spin on non league disaster. 

DF71D469-319C-4EFB-BBA2-7C49F70CC1E4.png

I seen another tweet where they said both the Dean Windass and Colin Daniel goals worked in their favours 

Gas logic at its finest 

The highest Rovers can finish this season is 12th. It’s 22 years since we finished lower than 12th in the 3rd tier. 

The lowest they can finish is 15th. It’s 36 years since we finished lower than that. 

Mind The Gap..! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, old parkender said:

The best thing that’s happened to them

foreign based owners??? What a weird bunch they are. 

A2275F1B-943D-4193-81E5-3828578F10EA.png

5AC954B6-14D2-4E69-A1E1-91FC067DE1DA.png

Yeah, they really looked like they were celebrating on May 3rd 2014. :rofl2br:

It might have made them take a step back and re-evaluate things (like any club after a relegation) but that doesn’t stop it being massively embarrassing for them and very entertaining for us. They’re no further forward now than they were under Higgs in 2007 even with new (supposedly wealthy) owners who, lets face it, appear to have done very little. 

Not sure what ‘Mancgas’ is trying to say in his response as he’s either thick or does not have English as his first language?

As I’ve mentioned before about the the whole ‘franchise’ thing...only one Bristol club has left Bristol in the past to play in a different City and only one Bristol club has recently made plans to leave Bristol again.

Franchise Gas.

• Like 1

I saw something equally hilarious on Twitter last night. The gashead is clearly trying to insinuate that we are obsessed with them.

Look at the dates on these tweets, he has either: 

1. Had a City fans tweet saved on his phone for 5 years or,
2. Scrolled back 5 years through a City fans timeline to try and find some mention of their existence. 

If that's not obsession, I have absolutely no idea what is. 

20180504_103119.thumb.jpg.9cec827d03ad9ab5acc70e275dc1067a.jpg

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Only #gaslogic would say that getting relegated out the entire football league would be a good thing. :facepalm:

Excuse me. I need no #geologic to know that when they were relegated out of the entire football league, it was a good thing.

Of course, according to them they never actually left the football league, participating instead in the newly formed fifth tier.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Only #gaslogic would say that getting relegated out the entire football league would be a good thing. :facepalm:

You are looking at it all wrong!

By taking a break from league footballfor a season, they have managed to re-evaluate the structure of their club, stand by their messiah of a manager (even being accepting of his fondness of canine genitalia), enjoy a period of “unpresidented success” (remember that claim..?!) and drag themselves back into a league position which is lower than where they were in 1990...! 

Only gas logic will tell you that it’s been a good thing and without understanding that, you’ll be pleased to know that you don’t qualify as a ***..! 

Despite what’s been a disappointing second half of the season, should we win on Sunday and finish 7th in the 2nd tier, it would be higher than Rovers have finished, apart from 2 occasions in the 1950’s (6th place), EVER! 

Mind The Gap..! 

• Like 1

On 28/04/2018 at 03:03, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Feng phooey prank cons the Rovers

A football club was caught offside when it fell for a feng shui scam at the hands of television pranksters.

Guy de Beaujeu and Patrick Stockhausen persuaded Bristol Rovers officials they could enhance the club's results by such devices as installing a fish tank containing plastic fish behind the goal and ordering staff to make sure all toilet seats were down at all times.

Their other requirements included erecting an ornamental ceramic frog above the stadium entrance, placing potted house plants in all four corners of the players' dressing room, and hanging wind chimes around the stadium.

Gullible staff carried out all the recommendations made by the "experts in the ancient Chinese art" in an effort to beat second division rivals Gillingham. But the mumbo jumbo failed to create the right aura - and Rovers lost 1-0.

Yesterday Mr De Beaujeu, 32, said: "They fell for it, hook, line and sinker. They did everything we asked without question."

Mr De Beaujeu and Mr Stockhausen, who are based in Bristol, staged the stunt for a comedy series, The Gatecrashers, which they filmed last year for ITV2.

One of their producers telephoned Bristol Rovers and told the club they were making a documentary about the power of feng shui.

The ancient art is believed to balance one's surroundings and induce general well-being.

Rovers agreed to let the pair into their Memorial Ground stadium in the hope that this might boost the team's performance.

The duo duly arrived with a cameraman two hours before the kick-off of Rovers' tie against Gillingham, armed with bags of supposed feng shui paraphernalia.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2000/jan/20/newsstory.sport1

Laugh at Feng Shui at your peril . When our Chinese overlords arrive Ashton Gate will be turned North South and we will be obliged to play in red .

:yes:

2 hours ago, old parkender said:

I’m sure if we got relegated to non-league they wouldn’t laugh and would say something like ‘it’s the best thing that could happen for you, I’m actually gutted it’s happened cause I want the worst for you’ hmmmmmm

12 hours ago, old parkender said:

Do these clowns really believe this shite?

Trying to put positive spin on non league disaster. 

DF71D469-319C-4EFB-BBA2-7C49F70CC1E4.png

The same York City who dropped out the league, came back, did fairly well then slid down into the murky depths of the Conference North? Looking forward to seeing the Blue few do the same soon ;) 

3 hours ago, old parkender said:

I am sure the good British citizens of Guernsey love being described as "foreign". MancGas must be one of those people who think they collaborated with the Germans rather than being invaded and subjected to Nazi rule for four years. :nono: 

On 03/05/2018 at 09:24, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I have to ask @JulieH is this you in the pictures ?

If so fair play, I must buy you a drink next time you are off duty

Yes it is me, seriously need to get better fitting trousers.

i don’t have quite as fond memories of the day as the rest of you but it was certainly memorable and a very long shift . 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Had to laugh when I saw these 

20180504_093101.png

20180504_093027.png

Class dialogue from Mancgas to Balthazar, good points well made, reasoned argument, rational etc.....:facepalm:

At least on here, opposition fans are welcomed and encouraged to take part in debate - until they make a tit of themselves or upset the OTIB masses to the point where we tell them to eff off!

#mindthegap

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I am sure the good British citizens of Guernsey love being described as "foreign". MancGas must be one of those people who think they collaborated with the Germans rather than being invaded and subjected to Nazi rule for four years. :nono: 

Obviously the fact the sags are owned by a Jordanian based family with the parent company registered in jersey has completely passed poor old mancgas by!!

21 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Great tweet from Balthazar.

Yes, they’ve completely reinvented themselves since the glorious Third Of May - no more embarrassments for them since...

Reinvented indeed.....Mind The Cash, 6th richest club, Prem in a matter of months was it? Reinvented in their own minds because the reality is too much to take on board. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, old parkender said:

Obviously the fact the sags are owned by a Jordanian based family with the parent company registered in jersey has completely passed poor old mancgas by!!

No no you have that wrong, it's a different Jersey, their "Jersey" is just off of Horfield common.

Tbh it's an easy mistake to make considering the majority their fan base get them selves lost on their way to away matches, clearly geography isn't high on your average gasheads academic aspirations. 

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

To be fair, the Channel Islands aren’t part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland...... https://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/about/moj/our-responsibilities/Background_Briefing_on_the_Crown_Dependencies2.pdf

9 hours ago, old parkender said:

Ah, more #gaslogic.

Bristol Sport - Company registered in Bristol, Owner lives in the Channel Islands. Booooo tax dodging sheed. Bad bad bad.

Dwayne Sport - Company registered in the Channel Islands, Owner lives in Bristol. Hooray, he's such nice man, Sag legend, we love him, good good good.

********. :laugh:

Pray for the teds imo. They just don't understand that being relegated out of the entire league was the best thing that ever happened to us!

What a ******* idiotic statement.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Guess who is spending £1m on a new stand in time for the start of next season in League one? 

Yes its Accrington Stanley!

Sags won’t be jealous at all, they are getting ANOTHER tent after all, reading some of their comments some of them appear to like it now they are staying there, funny that ain’t it, and UWE was bland :facepalm: yet a couple of years ago it was far better than ‘tarted up trashton gate’ and suddenly it was in the best interests of the club to turn UWE down, of course it was, all because that ever so lovely owner of theirs said so, it was all bull and they lapped it up as always, worst set of fans on this planet, they deserve Chernobyl.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be fair, the Channel Islands aren’t part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland...... https://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/about/moj/our-responsibilities/Background_Briefing_on_the_Crown_Dependencies2.pdf

Basically they are when it suits them and are independent when it doesn't  :) 

3 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Ah, more #gaslogic.

Bristol Sport - Company registered in Bristol, Owner lives in the Channel Islands. Has invested large amounts of money in sport in the Bristol area and is still a major employer in the West Country (on which tax is paid) . Booooo tax dodging sheed. Bad bad bad.

Dwayne Sport - Company registered in the Channel Islands, Owner lives in Bristol. Has invested next to nothing and shows no sign of making an impact on the local economy Hooray, he's such nice man, Sag legend, we love him, good good good.

Corrected that for you.  :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Ah, more #gaslogic.

Bristol Sport - Company registered in Bristol, Owner lives in the Channel Islands. Booooo tax dodging sheed. Bad bad bad.

Dwayne Sport - Company registered in the Channel Islands, Owner lives in Bristol. Hooray, he's such nice man, Sag legend, we love him, good good good.

Does he????

I genuinely don't know but would be amazed if they've moved from London. Why make the commute to watch the team you support in West london longer than it has to be???

Cheap gag aside, do you know he's moved the family to Bristol or are you guessing? My guess would be they live as far away from the Blue Few that they possibly can   

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Pray for the teds imo. They just don't understand that being relegated out of the entire league was the best thing that ever happened to us!

What a ******* idiotic statement.

Yeah, it's up there amongst 'my favourite things that have ever happened' as well.

Sorry Sagheads, you can say you're happy you were relegated to Non League as much as you want but it won't stop us laughing at you and it won't stop us reminding you how humiliating it was....especially after the shit they were all coming out with after beating Wycombe the week before :laughcont:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1