IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Fancied a laugh this morning so just had a look at their match thread!?

Here's a few snippets!

FFS 1 down

Accrington are miles ahead of us, more fight, skill and better tactics.

F*cking sh*t. I thought the days of losing at home to the likes of Accrington Stanley were over.

Utter sh**e ! Glad I didn’t go today , we sound truly ******* awful

Those few show some are still deluded, others aren't that loyal.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’ve said it before. When they move training  grounds they’ll rent the new UWE pitches . It’s the only place they can go. As for that so called interview ??? they're ****** . 

They currently have more and more presence at the new lockleaze sports centre, probably building up to begging the council to let them have it for free

• Like 1

17 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

So you actually went to a gas play off final in the gas end. I'm sorry but you are a shambles. If my gas mates had offered me money to drive them there( they wouldn't of mind because they know I hate them) I would of told the ***** to walk . there's friendship then there's being a bitch . You my friend are a gas bitch. Whenever I address you from now on you will be called bitch.

I have a friend who's not in to football but a few years ago wanted to do the Dad thing and take his son to see the sags at Wembley, I told him to get a refund and I'd  take him to a proper football match watching City.

He got a refund and he watched a proper football match.

I took great delight in saving someone from a lifetime of lower league ramshackle misery and false dawns!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

See on twitter that Wael is beginning to feel that people are turning against him and replies to a tweet about the word 'skint' by saying 'Et tu Brutus?!'. Latin scholars will immediately realise it should be 'Brute' but the point is clear he now realises that even friends are 'putting the knife in'. 

( ‘Et tu Brutus’ :laughcont:)

Alea iacta est

58 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

See on twitter that Wael is beginning to feel that people are turning against him and replies to a tweet about the word 'skint' by saying 'Et tu Brutus?!'. Latin scholars will immediately realise it should be 'Brute' but the point is clear he now realises that even friends are 'putting the knife in'. 

Infamy,infamy..............they've all got it in for me !

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’ve still got scars from the kicking I took at Swindon 40 odd years ago, including a stab wound scar in my right leg.....point is if you get involved in football violence there’s a good chance you’ll get hurt. A similar thing happened to me at Oxford but I don’t hate Oxford...

….I reckon you've taken a fair few 'kickings' here on Otib over the years too Robbo!

Not convinced the Fewers have any real comprehension as to what the improvements they have made to the Mem is likely to equate to in terms of playing budget.

Reality is, nothing at all.

The new shop. Pretty sure if someone was going to buy a new shirt, they would buy one. Either from a portacabin or from a proper shop. Can't imagine they will sell any more because the shop has been given a lick of paint.

As for their new bar, they might sell a few more pints on the 22 or so occasions a season they have a home game, but what is the profit on a pint? Couple of quid tops.

They deserve it though. If they had anything about them they would have organised the support and demanded answers from the board, instead they have done their usual of just accepting they are tinpot and lapping it up. Probably doesn't help them that the moment anyone questions anything about the club they get called a Ted and told to go to Trashton.

Idiots.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

To quote Wally........purely a temporary measure ................for at least 3 years !

So does a temporary measure that lasts 3 years and increases the capacity of their stadium need planning permission......

Any planning experts able to advise?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Is this real bob ? If so he’s not only out but he’s going to stitch them up, that statement is all about betrayal, you wouldnt say it likely 

23 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Wow......the mushrooms have been fed even more bull?.....how more non-committal could Wael be?

clearly hani and the family are not fully committed to his “project”.....to paraphrase “we own 92% of the club and if the 8% aren’t prepared to invest, why should we”

Comical!

Unreal 

I think @Gazred is right, I think they are on the brink, the Harrison money will prob get them through the season and that’s it 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Unless I’ve missed it has no one discussed  their new electronic turnstiles ?

Credit where credits due , as at AG they are up with the modern technology

The electronic turnstiles ..... hmmm

Well they’re sort of electronic .... it appears that the Sags scan their tickets /cards and if the light turns green a bloke presses a pedal to allow them entry

FFS can't we get anything right?
The only thing I could do was laugh as the guy watched me beep my card at the machine before pressing a peddle to let me through!

My point is they were not electronic. A guy watched the light come on and then pushed a peddle to let me through.

Still it sounds a state of the art system allowing swift and safe entry .....

...........ohhhhhhhhh...... hang on .........

I banged my knee cause of a malfunction (the bloke forgot to press the peddle).

And if it couldn’t be more funny , the new state of the art system is defended by a few 

It’s not there to save staffing revenue it’s there to stop ticket fraud and turnstile operators pocketing some of the gate money.
Jobs a success

t

Ticket Fraud ?   :laughcont:

At the Minimal ? :laughcont:

This plus if people read their ST Card, you are asked to retain it for future seasons if you renew, cutting down on administration and associated costs

Exactly, modernisation as well as it is tied in with away prioritisation and probably marketing and catering in the future

Yes , don’t people realise that the cards used for season cards can be purchased in quantities for about 20p each

I guess saving issuing new cards will help pay for that elusive goal scorer 

Jesus wept , you couldn’t make it up ... the eternal gift that keeps giving

:clapping::laughcont:

Well worth a read

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12691/electronic-turnstiles

TURNSTILE MAN is security counting scanning hand digits,less than 6,he directs them to away end

• Haha 1

I see Wael's avoiding the fans now (from twitter) due to a last minute meeting on a Sunday:

A big apology to everyone expecting to see me at the @martinbelstenm1 game tomorrow! Sadly I am no longer to make it due to a meeting that has come up last minute, I hope everyone has a great day and you raise lots of money for St Peters Hospice!

37 minutes ago, B block said:

Is this real bob ? If so he’s not only out but he’s going to stitch them up, that statement is all about betrayal, you wouldnt say it likely 

So he thinks the fans are betraying him rather than the other way around?

It will all end in tears. Of laughter. ?

Welcome to the modern day tented village ........

Gastwat1 FFS can't we get anything right?
The only thing I could do was laugh as the guy watched me beep my card at the machine before pressing a peddle to let me through!

Gastwat2 Appeared to work perfectly for me and most of the other 8600 in the stadium!

Gastwat1 : My point is they were not electronic. A guy watched the light come on and then pushed a peddle to let me through. Not sure if this was all around the ground but was certainly on the east side.

Gastwat3 : I thought it was priceless too. There was I expecting something like at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge, even some L1 grounds. Should have remembered it's BRFC.

Gastwat4 : I banged my knee cause of a malfunction (the bloke forgot to press the peddle)

Gastwat5 " It’s not there to save staffing revenue it’s there to stop ticket fraud and turnstile operators pocketing some of the gate money ,Jobs a success

Billy Smarts Circus for the modern age....:facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think he's right...

Also, in June 45 BC, Brutus divorced his wife and married his first cousin.

sounds like a gAsshole

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Gastwat2 Appeared to work perfectly for me and most of the other 8600 in the stadium!

Gastwat1 : My point is they were not electronic. A guy watched the light come on and then pushed a peddle to let me through. Not sure if this was all around the ground but was certainly on the east side.

Gastwat3 : I thought it was priceless too. There was I expecting something like at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge, even some L1 grounds. Should have remembered it's BRFC.

Gastwat4 : I banged my knee cause of a malfunction (the bloke forgot to press the peddle)

Gastwat5 " It’s not there to save staffing revenue it’s there to stop ticket fraud and turnstile operators pocketing some of the gate money ,Jobs a success

So this big investment could have been avoided if they stopped employing criminals who pocket the money they take.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Whereas every other club install electronic turnstyles to bring their club into the modern era and save on staffing costs, the Sags sole purpose for this is to stop people from letting their mates in for free by passing their season tickets through a fence, you couldn’t make it up ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So this big investment could have been avoided if they stopped employing criminals who pocket the money they take.

Tough in old style turnstyles and presumably no CCTV.

Older City fans might remember similar shenanigans at AG, before the Gap became a Chasm and we pulled clear from the Gas's world of shabby mediocrity.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Oh dear god that did make me laugh, especially the bit where he banged his knee.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

So does a temporary measure that lasts 3 years and increases the capacity of their stadium need planning permission......

Any planning experts able to advise?

Not sure why they need to increase the capacity of that dump though.

They might not be in active trouble, but I think it is pretty clear to see, even if you take away the rivalry and try to view it objectively, that they are in no better position to push on than any other bottom half League One team, and they’ll need something extraordinarily on the pitch to progress beyond that.

The two promotions and the takeover seem to have left them with a bit of a warped sense of what they are in a position to achieve, and that’s what is making this so hilarious.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sniper said:

Hillarious when Accrington liquidate. Pathetic cheating anti-football. Hope they go down.

Anti football and cheating? Twentyman and even some sane people rang up and said they were thoroughly outplayed by a decent footballing side! Unlike any of them to blame everyone else for their failings. 

Kind of feel sorry for Wael. By all rights he should be watching games in a nice shiny new stadium. Him and his family entertaining friends, family and business contacts is corporate hospitality at the ground. Nice offices and a foot hold in the UK for whatever they wish to do, all with a nice football club to invest in a little (of course then a nice wad of cash from pocketing some of the mem money). Instead he was sold a dud, and I imagine his family are none to happy about it either, as selling / staying is going to tarnish their business credentials one way or the other, I expect they have no idea what to do with the club at the moment, so just treading water hoping something comes up.

3 minutes ago, samo II said:

They might not be in active trouble, but I think it is pretty clear to see, even if you take away the rivalry and try to view it objectively, that they are in no better position to push on than any other bottom half League One team, and they’ll need something extraordinarily on the pitch to progress beyond that.

The two promotions and the takeover seem to have left them with a bit of a warped sense of what they are in a position to achieve, and that’s what is making this so hilarious.

If Wael leaves now he will sell the Mem to get money back to pay off the debts. They will not be out of pocket but the sags wont have a ground and be penniless. They are actively in trouble now if they do not find a buyer as they have owners who will not put money in and have spiralling debts - from what I gather anyway.

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

THAT is so 1970s … I know 'these things take time' but how long will he keep 'splashing it all over' before he realises that BRUT (even when worn with black and white checked shirts and braces) doesn't really make you irresistible to anyone... ? 

That's Lynx!

• Haha 1

From listening to Wael yesterday (and I don't make a habit of it) the family are withdrawing support, they have no plans to work on their taining ground (and will move to another temporary playing field), they will not be developing the Memorial Ground and they have no new stadium options but to keep people guessing he said they had to keep them secret.

Basically he's stitching the fans up with vague promises that will ultimately deliver nothing. Exactly the same as the Nick Higgs stitch-up when he promised the Al-Qadi family that the new stadium was a done deal.

I see the fewers are boasting on Twitter that they took more to Bolton than we did, well Saggies for 1 it’s a regular fixture for us not a cup final like it is for yourselves and 2 where the **** are you when it really matters ie your HOME games where the money goes to your own club?

Tossers.

• Like 5

No plans

No money

No redevelopment plans for Men

No news of any alternative sites

No training ground progress

No commitment from Al Quadi family

No hope

The training ground will be ditched with the excuse that there's planning & technical issues - blaming the council - and that if they can't build a "world class" training facility they'll keep looking...Gasheads deserve nothing less. Remember they blamed UWE but the reason was they wanted ownership of the ground so they could -as owners -borrow against it as they have with the Men. As I understand they've put no money in , only what they've borrowed against the Men.

The talk of alternative sites for a stadium is Bullshit , there is no site in Bristol and if there was the council won't allow it. How many times have they tried? Stoke Gifford. Avonmouth. Severside. UWE. Redeveloped Mem. Not actually having any money to pay for a ground doesn't help mind!

Likely scenario. They rent pitches at UWE for training., Wael announces plans for new stadium in 2021 ( no location or details due to legal constraints) they " temporarily" move to the new FGR stadium At junction 13 M5 Stroud.....as tenants.Wael sells mem for housing promising "every penny" will go to "new stadium" ......Wael and family trouser the cash and buggerr off back to Jordan. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I see the fewers are boasting on Twitter that they took more to Bolton than we did, well Saggies for 1 it’s a regular fixture for us not a cup final like it is for yourselves and 2 where the **** are you when it really matters ie your HOME games where the money goes to your own club?

Tossers.

1st home game of the season 20000

1st Home game of the season 8400

hmmmm

just remind them that they haven’t finished about us for 18 years, they haven’t had a higher home or away average attendance for over 30 years

it soon shuts them up

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

1st home game of the season 20000

1st Home game of the season 8400

hmmmm

just remind them that they haven’t finished about us for 18 years, they haven’t had a higher home or away average attendance for over 30 years

it soon shuts them up

Their crowd yesterday was 37% of our crowd the week before. 

Blue half of Bristol my arse....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

No plans

No money

No redevelopment plans for Men

No news of any alternative sites

No training ground progress

No commitment from Al Quadi family

No hope

The training ground will be ditched with the excuse that there's planning & technical issues - blaming the council - and that if they can't build a "world class" training facility they'll keep looking...Gasheads deserve nothing less. Remember they blamed UWE but the reason was they wanted ownership of the ground so they could -as owners -borrow against it as they have with the Men. As I understand they've put no money in , only what they've borrowed against the Men.

The talk of alternative sites for a stadium is Bullshit , there is no site in Bristol and if there was the council won't allow it. How many times have they tried? Stoke Gifford. Avonmouth. Severside. UWE. Redeveloped Mem. Not actually having any money to pay for a ground doesn't help mind!

Likely scenario. They rent pitches at UWE for training., Wael announces plans for new stadium in 2021 ( no location or details due to legal constraints) they " temporarily" move to the new FGR stadium At junction 13 M5 Stroud.....as tenants.Wael sells mem for housing promising "every penny" will go to "new stadium" ......Wael and family trouser the cash and buggerr off back to Jordan. 

If I were UWE I’d tell them to piss right off if they come begging to use their facilities especially after publically blaming them for the stadium collapse.

I've just read the transcript of Wally's interview with GT.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Leaving aside the bovine excrement about legal issues preventing any discussion about options for a new ground or rebuild of the mem, the stuff about legal issues preventing discussion of the training ground is bizarre.

What could possibly be preventing any discussion about the colony?

Dwayne Sports own the land so no issue there. They have already held a consultation with relevant stakeholders and from what I've read the outcome was generally favourable, so no issue there. Any planning application goes immediately into the public domain. They have appointed another company to ensure all the paperwork gets done, nothing top secret there. Finally, everyone knows what makes up your average training ground. A few pitches, all weather and grass, somewhere to get changed, somewhere to park, somewhere for the physio to work and somewhere for the groundsman to keep his tools. There is absolutely nothing that I can see that is top secret about any of that.

The only thing needed to get it all done is a bit of cash. Aaaahhh could that be the problem? 

How the sags can suck up the shite they were fed in that interview and see anything positive in it is beyond me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Gastwat 6: It's pedal not peddle

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

How long do we think he can continue to "stand on the terraces" or "mix with the fans" before they turn nasty and he needs a security detail?

Well, judging by the fact that an `urgent meeting` has stopped him attending a charity event today where many of the six fingered ones would have been able to speak to him, my guess would be it has passed that point.

Honestly, would fans of any other club take all this shit without any form of organised protest? Blackpool? Blackburn? Leyton Orient? Millwall? Hull?

Still, as long as we didn`t win all`s well in g*sland.

29 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

How long do we think he can continue to "stand on the terraces" or "mix with the fans" before they turn nasty and he needs a security detail?

He will probably open a security office, in London, with one security guard and at a cost no less than 250k.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

So they only took 800 fans to their first ever visit to the Reebok and first to Bolton for 30 years? How tinpot

To be fair, they took more fans to their first away game this season (Posh) than we did...and the two trips were pretty much the same distance - 172 miles vs 178 miles each way....

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

I've just read the transcript of Wally's interview with GT.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Leaving aside the bovine excrement about legal issues preventing any discussion about options for a new ground or rebuild of the mem, the stuff about legal issues preventing discussion of the training ground is bizarre.

What could possibly be preventing any discussion about the colony?

Dwayne Sports own the land so no issue there. They have already held a consultation with relevant stakeholders and from what I've read the outcome was generally favourable, so no issue there. Any planning application goes immediately into the public domain. They have appointed another company to ensure all the paperwork gets done, nothing top secret there. Finally, everyone knows what makes up your average training ground. A few pitches, all weather and grass, somewhere to get changed, somewhere to park, somewhere for the physio to work and somewhere for the groundsman to keep his tools. There is absolutely nothing that I can see that is top secret about any of that.

The only thing needed to get it all done is a bit of cash. Aaaahhh could that be the problem? 

How the sags can suck up the shite they were fed in that interview and see anything positive in it is beyond me.

My favourite bit was where Wally insisted that "Daryll has a competitive budget" and then 30 seconds later admitted he didn't know what the budgets were for any other  L1 clubs!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

All the league 1 teams have played at home now and Sunderland, Portsmouth, Bradford, Coventry, Barnsley, Luton, Plymouth and Charlton had bigger crowds than the "bestest fans in the world" could muster up, as they say they have "outgrown the mem" ????

Of course they have, if I’m not mistaken they have only ever had about 4 or 5 complete sell outs? Most of those were verses ourselves.

11 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

My favourite bit was where Wally insisted that "Daryll has a competitive budget" and then 30 seconds later admitted he didn't know what the budgets were for any other  L1 clubs!!

Yes, great comedy value. I paraphrase but basically he said "we give DC a competitive budget but to finish in the top six he has to over achieve."

That's not a competitive budget then is it Wally?

Edited by Midlands Robin

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be fair, they took more fans to their first away game this season (Posh) than we did...and the two trips were pretty much the same distance - 172 miles vs 178 miles each way....

to be fair....
we also have Qpr & Swansea on top of Bolton away,....All of which are £30 a time

Took my 8 year old son for the first time today to watch the Glos T20 blast game against Surrey this afternoon, great win and a nice afternoon out. Went for a quiet pint after the game in an unnamed boozer on Gloucester road (lad wearing city shirt) and without going into detail was told by a group of Gasheads to cover the lad up or get a hiding!!  Who the **** acts like that? Not tarring them all with the same brush but FFS!! Ruined a great day out..

Edited by Redstoke
  • Sad 5

9 minutes ago, Redstoke said:

Took my 8 year old son for the first time today to watch the Glos T20 blast game against Surrey this afternoon, great win and a nice afternoon out. Went for a quiet pint after the game in an unnamed boozer on Gloucester road,(lad wearing city shirt) and without going into detail was told to cover the lad up or get a hiding!!  Who the **** acts like that? Not tarring them all with the same brush but FFS!! Ruined a great day out..

I was in the Essex Arms in Kingswood many moons ago with a mate (a Pompey fan) and his girlfriend, now wife - she was punched for being a City fan when some male neanderthal overheard our conversation on football....like you said, would never tar them all with the same brush but that was a dreadful evening...to punch a girl instead of two blokes was pathetic and distressing...and it wouldn’t have been right to punch a bloke...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I was in the Essex Arms in Kingswood many moons ago with a mate (a Pompey fan) and his girlfriend, now wife - she was punched for being a City fan when some male neanderthal overheard our conversation on football....like you said, would never tar them all with the same brush but that was a dreadful evening...to punch a girl instead of two blokes was pathetic and distressing...and it wouldn’t have been right to punch a bloke...

Mate i dont want to go into details and this isnt personal against the Gas but these cretins today took it to a new level. How can you react to an 8 year old kid wearing a shirt Ffs??

1 minute ago, Redstoke said:

Mate i dont want to go into details and this isnt personal against the Gas but these cretins today took it to a new level. How can you react to an 8 year old kid wearing a shirt Ffs??

They can have no excuse whatsoever mate - it’s pathetic - an 8 year old?! What the **** are they trying to prove?! I’m so sorry you had to go through this crap experience....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Redstoke said:

The irony is, I would far rather see someone in Bristol wearing a Rovers shirt than a Man U/Chelski etc etc one. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, wood_red said:

If Wael leaves now he will sell the Mem to get money back to pay off the debts. They will not be out of pocket but the sags wont have a ground and be penniless. They are actively in trouble now if they do not find a buyer as they have owners who will not put money in and have spiralling debts - from what I gather anyway.

Hadn’t realised the details; that is bleak.

It will be very interesting if they struggle this year; can’t imagine they have much in the way of back-up resources were they in desperate need of reinforcements, and some of the natives seem restless already.

21 minutes ago, pommers65 said:

to be fair....
we also have Qpr & Swansea on top of Bolton away,....All of which are £30 a time

Yep I know, and obviously I would never big up that mob - but those two away games combined are 193 miles whereas ‘their’ next two away games combined are 232 miles.....so not sure what your point is....

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They can have no excuse whatsoever mate - it’s pathetic - an 8 year old?! What the **** are they trying to prove?! I’m so sorry you had to go through this crap experience....

Hands on heart would any city fan be offended by a kid in a rovers shirt? Regardless of where you saw them, city heartlands bedminster,knowle Hartcliffe etc!! Ok take the mickey, but threaten violence??

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep I know, and obviously I would never big up that mob - but those two away games combined are 193 miles whereas ‘their’ next two away games combined are 232 miles.....so not sure what your point is....

point is we pay more for our tickets and three away games in a month is a financial burden for most
lets see how many they take before we "Start bigging them up"

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

His point is Swansea and QPR are more desirable away games to go to. We've already sold all 2k tickets for Swans, haven't we?

• Like 1