IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

So he thinks it's good that there was "plenty of spare seats"? They do revel in their small club mentality don't they? Damn the economics, this is our little club and we like it that way.

There's also one in the thread about their Commercial Director working out the extra income it'll bring in. 

Firstly he overestimates the number of seats (and assumes they'll all be full) and then assumes they'll all be new supporters rather than fans moving from other parts of the ground. 

No wonder they're financially screwed...

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Gazred said:

Lawn looks in good nick, really goes well with the new shed. Could do with a shrubbery here or there though.

I imagine they'll need to get the pickups and caravans in and do some donuts on that grass...

They've been complaining that a decent pitch is screwing them as their players have to actually have skill (and it's why they're so awful away)

Couldn't make it up... 

54 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

DC on radio last night said there financially stretched so it’s a case of one out and ‘maybe’ one in. He won’t be there much longer....

McLaren will get the poke Sunday after not beating Wigan so the dog fondler will hopefully be off to QPR Monday morning

3 minutes ago, B block said:

McLaren will get the poke Sunday after not beating Wigan so the dog fondler will hopefully be off to QPR Monday morning

Is he ambitious though? I think he is happy being managing these nothing clubs when there is little pressure on him.

5 minutes ago, B block said:

i don't think they'll sack him, they can't afford too, with the 42 million fine and transfer embargo, what manager would want to come in and worked like that with both hands tied, 

They should of kept the clown

35 minutes ago, Red34 said:

I imagine they'll need to get the pickups and caravans in and do some donuts on that grass...

They've been complaining that a decent pitch is screwing them as their players have to actually have skill (and it's why they're so awful away)

Couldn't make it up... 

Haha yes i had heard that, i think after the Accrington defeat. Something along the lines of it made it too easy for footballing sides to play around them :facepalm:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, B block said:

Really..? The longer he stays with Rovers the better, I’d say. 

Captain of the sinking ship. 

1 hour ago, Super said:

Is he ambitious though? I think he is happy being managing these nothing clubs when there is little pressure on him.

I think you maybe right, I'm sure he enjoys the old fashioned type of management at the Sags. You know pick the team , wash the kit cut the grass.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Super said:

He can’t lose at Rovers. 

If he achieves anything, it’s credit to him, at such a joke of a club. 

Even if he takes them back down, again, well, what was he supposed to do about it at such a joke of a club. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

He can’t lose at Rovers. 

If he achieves anything, it’s credit to him, at such a joke of a club. 

Even if he takes them back down, again, well, what was he supposed to do about it at such a joke of a club. 

I would love to see him leave, because I think it's only when he is no longer there that he will let everyone know what is actually happening behind the scenes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I would love to see him leave, because I think it's only when he is no longer there that he will let everyone know what is actually happening behind the scenes.

We know what’s happening behind the scenes. Nothing! 

He doesn’t have the balls to resign on principle. He’d rather wait until he’s made scapegoat and sacked, then get his pay off, rather than resign and get a better job. 

He’s the perfect fit for them. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

If he does leave, then don't be surprised if a Jordanian coach comes in, probably with a huge cash injection from their FA as they attempt to grow the game back in the mother-land.

17 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Door and a window?

Double stable* doors, four windows that open. I meant 'why did they bother?', my shed on the other hand serves a number of purposes and it built to last.

*no horses before the blue duo come looking

Edited by Bianconeri
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

i don't think they'll sack him, they can't afford too, with the 42 million fine and transfer embargo, what manager would want to come in and worked like that with both hands tied, 

They should of kept the clown

FFp and the fine/embargo doesn't kick in until January. McLaren was saying there is money to spend on players coming in. Now whether they trust him with any funds is another thing.
I also heard someone say they could still bring players in IF they have someone going out on more money, that was a new one on me.

17 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

I think it's great that both Bristol football clubs are upgrading their stadiums to accommodate their loyal fans... 

MEM-tile.jpg

C'mon let's be fair.....at least theirs is portable, and warrants special atTENTion, as they can transport it to away games...or better still, the local tip (oh sorry my bad, that's where it is already).

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bazooka Joe said:

C'mon let's be fair.....at least theirs is portable, and warrants special atTENTion.

And when they move to their 435,699 capacity stadium at UWE its very imporTENT they can take the old fixtures and fittings with them 

11 hours ago, Monkeh said:

did I read that right?, they let their first team keeper go out on emergency loan to lincoin? have things got that bad they need to let first players leaver with no replacement? 

The sex pest is their first team keeper 

11 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

Their Number 14, Toffolo, is the one (on loan from Norwich) who was celebrating when Wade Elliot got sent off against Swindon.

In addition, their Number 29 is our old friend, John Akinde.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

On 22/08/2018 at 01:30, Red-Robbo said:

:laughcont::laughcont::laughcont::laughcont:

I have made a video of their comedic acts to this song. I regularly play it in my car around Kingswood.

22 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Haha, you’ve got them down to a tee. All cocky and smug on Saturday night, giving it the big one because they scraped past Wycombe whilst our injury hit side lost to Middlesbrough. A few days later it’s a different story.

This.

I bet a few shat themselves in rage as well. 

Shameful for a L1 home match and further demonstrates that their support is actually pretty poor for club in a City the size of Bristol, despite what they claim.

Might be worth reminding them of this when they inevitably start bragging about taking more fans to QPR next week for their big Cup Final.

I have been reacted to bitterly and offered out since. However, considering that I was simply responding to their questions is bizarre to say the least?!!!!

Standard response from a set of Neanderthals with the emptiest bag of retorts in the entire football league!

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/228600/to-lighten-the-mood..../#10

Wonder if he travelled up on the CATs coach and couldn’t understand why everyone was in red!

There is a post further down where the guy is surprised the bloke was there instead of the Pompey home game............. he doesn't know Gasheads very well does he? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nuno Gomez said:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/228600/to-lighten-the-mood..../#10

Wonder if he travelled up on the CATs coach and couldn’t understand why everyone was in red!

Nah, he'll be used to travelling to games with a load of Teds cos we cause all the trouble at their games.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What, this ‘character’ ......?!

87E568A7-1057-4E4D-B269-63B9499417A9.jpeg

I am all for passion in a derby but there were one or two of them "overstepping" the mark that day.

To this day I am extremely surprised how swindle didn't get in trouble with the Football League or the police for that matter considering the behaviour of their players & that crass fat controller owner. Absolutely disgusting.

That match underlines why I detest that 5hitty club and that picture sums it up for me.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Just showed the picture of the "new stand" to one of the Dundee fans I am working with this week and his immediate comment was "it looks like one of the temporary stands they put up at Carnoustie a couple of weeks ago".

The fact that it has no guy ropes makes me worry about how well it will stand up to the wind.  Those poles look bloody flimsy too.

On 23/08/2018 at 05:18, PHILINFRANCE said:

Their Number 14, Toffolo, is the one (on loan from Norwich) who was celebrating when Wade Elliot got sent off against Swindon.

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What, this ‘character’ ......?!

87E568A7-1057-4E4D-B269-63B9499417A9.jpeg

On 23/08/2018 at 05:18, PHILINFRANCE said:

@KevP Sorted Toffolo out..... ???

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Been told this morning Wael's close to selling Rovers having met with new "investors" last night.

Clearly he's looked at the club and realised there's no new stadium potential (they even tried doing The Mem up and f***** that up), no new training ground and they're out of their training ground at the end of this season, and no hope at all.

Lets hope the new "investors" are as rich as the last ones ?

Just in time for them to spend big. There's a striker at Salford they have an eye on, though wages may be a problem.

4 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Been told this morning Wael's close to selling Rovers having met with new "investors" last night.

Clearly he's looked at the club and realised there's no new stadium potential (they even tried doing The Mem up and f***** that up), no new training ground and they're out of their training ground at the end of this season, and no hope at all.

Who seriously will buy this club? The debt is mounting , short term to get players in. No doubt the next owner will be carried down Gloucester Road! Can’t wait to see the next video from the sporty kid and his dad 

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Who seriously will buy this club? The debt is mounting , short term to get players in. No doubt the next owner will be carried down Gloucester Road! Can’t wait to see the next video from the sporty kid and his dad 

Hamer, on borrowed money go bankrupt sell the mem for housing to "save" the club and rovers end up homeless as a phoenix club starting at the same level as Hereford 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Hamer, on borrowed money go bankrupt sell the mem for housing to "save" the club and rovers end up homeless as a phoenix club starting at the same level as Hereford 

Exactly, why buy it now when you could pick it up for a quid next year.

Some Yanks were interested I was told a week ago, I just do not see why anyone would buy into them when they literally have no value to offer any potential buyer - unless it is a "proper" multi millionaire/billionaire. And if it was a proper billionaire they would be going elsewhere.

53 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

He didn't meet anyone last night. 

He had an email from a Nigerian Prince yesterday, who has promised to buy the club from him, and all he had to do was give him his bank details so that the Prince could have a real in depth look into the accounts.

He responded last night (I can see where your source got confused) with all the details, the Prince is happy, and Wally is just waiting for the money to come through before announcing the deal.

If it comes off we will be in trouble ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

• Admin
34 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Some Yanks were interested I was told a week ago, I just do not see why anyone would buy into them when they literally have no value to offer any potential buyer - unless it is a "proper" multi millionaire/billionaire. And if it was a proper billionaire they would be going elsewhere.

How about the chances there is a supporter akin to SL out there who is willing to invest?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Taz said:

He had an email from a Nigerian Prince yesterday, who has promised to buy the club from him, and all he had to do was give him his bank details so that the Prince could have a real in depth look into the accounts.

He responded last night (I can see where your source got confused) with all the details, the Prince is happy, and Wally is just waiting for the money to come through before announcing the deal.

I got the same email and it looked genuine to me ...

"I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, a Nigerian Prince and the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Nicolai Higgtse. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home to the Memorial Stadium.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost £15,000,000 GBP. This is held in a trust at the Horfield National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost £3,000,000 GBP. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course."

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Taz said:

The poor Nigerian Prince is going to be disappointed..! 

• Haha 2