IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Korey Smith was in the commentary booth for the BCTV+ coverage yesterday and he took credit for Matty Taylor’s goal. He claims he told MT pre-match that whenever he got the ball he should have a shot or he’d need to give Smith a fiver.

“That was all the motivation I needed,” said Taylor. “That was a week’s wages when I was at Rovers.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 20:48, Miah Dennehy said:

I think every club has cheated at some point, although I'm not convinced we did over the Stockport postponement. Do you think City have ever cheated?

BRFC were warned officially by the FA about future conduct, concerning the late late Stockport postponement. This was where the groundsman was seen by a Stockport official, watering the corner of the pitch at the non tent corner, and Stockport made an official complaint.?

A similar event happened at Trumpton when Rovers were due to host Bristol City. Rovers who were struggling with injuries to key players had a piece of good fortune. The water main, which was three ft underground, suddenly sprang a leak overnight and, the game had to be postponed due to a waterlogged corner of the pitch.  I believe the groundsman was re employed at the rugby ground by BRFC, then made a life president, along with Arthur Holmes the rugby club chairman, for their services to BRFC.

BCFC cheated when making an application for grants, I think Les Kew was in charge at the time but, I could be wrong on this point.:whistle2:

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

The leprechaun got the job on the back of saying that the Memorial Ground is fine and training on a children's playing field is ok :gasmask:

It's served them well up to this point in time, why mend something that aint broke?

On 13/01/2019 at 10:00, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't care about Wycombe one way or the other and I like to think I'm a pretty level headed bloke. However, I was at the game where the 'lightening strike' happened. Admittedly I'm not an expert on such things . but I would like to think that if I was in a structure that was hit by lightening I would probably realise it had happened. Seemingly it was only their safety officer who saw the lightening strike, added to the fact that Wycombe had been practically begging the ref to abandon the game up until then ,  I'm gonna stick my neck out and say yes, the dirty  ******* cheated and I was raging at the time!

In the interest of balance, I freely admit that if this had happened to City, I would have found it extremely amusing :)

Care to comment about Stockport at home just before the 2nd leg of the JPT Final against us when your club flooded the pitch to avoid playing an in form Stockport.

Seems like Karma to me

23 hours ago, Leveller said:

We appear to have played there in the FA Cup in January 1958 - exactly 60 years ago! That was probably the last time as they folded in 1962 and resigned from the league. Obviously we haven’t been in the same division since then.

Exactly 61 years ago, Carol Vorderman you ain't!!

5 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Care to comment about Stockport at home just before the 2nd leg of the JPT Final against us when your club flooded the pitch to avoid playing an in form Stockport.

Seems like Karma to me

To be fair to Miah they usually only cheat and steal from eachother,  rather than others. Except when they tried to steal Ashton Gate of course.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

To be fair to Miah they usually only cheat and steal from each other,  rather than others. Except when they:-

• tried to steal Ashton Gate of course.
  • stole the Memorial Ground from Bristol Rugby
  • tried to steal Wycombe's place in the football league after getting relegated by taking them to court
  • stole a watertight contract from Sainsbury's and replaced it with an ever-so-leaky contract
  • stole money from the punters selling diluted piss and calling it Fanta
  • stole the piss-stained Santa's Grotto porta-loo from a building site
  • tried to steal the fencing for the Colony by not paying their bills
  • stole the famous blue and white quarters from another team?

Feel free to carry on the list ...

1 hour ago, Ohbasso said:

Stole their anthem from Plymouth.

Stole watches from players.

Stole from the supporters club.

Stole the money for sand and bought cheaper stuff instead.

Didn't they also have a manager who stole video recorders from the supporters club?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ohbasso said:

Stole their anthem from Plymouth.

Stole watches from players.

Stole from the supporters club.

Stole the money for sand and bought cheaper stuff instead.

Stole the Memorial Ground from the rugby club

Edited by myol'man
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Yep, 3x VHS, 2x Betamax and 10 video tapes all containing recordings of Babe Station.

I heard one of the betamax tapes contained a recording of '50 greatest throw-ins' - apparently there is one, where after winning the throw, they keep possession for two passes before losing it.

Halcyon days.

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Yep, 3x VHS, 2x Betamax and 10 video tapes all containing recordings of Babe Station.

Did they get the video tapes from the infamous shop next door to their supporters shop up Two Mile Hill, owned by a famous local  "actress" ?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

21 hours ago, Swede said:

I am never surprised by how moronic a sag can be. Mercifully the clip doesn't show their sister/mother spreadeagled on the back seat

11 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

You bastard! I was just about to have my breakfast, and I've gone right off the idea now that I have that frightful mental image.

What is even more alarming is that they are usually one and the same.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bs11lad said:

I take that you are a doctor,  solicitor,  brain surgeon or such like career 

nope just average and have never thought myself above or below anyone and as my father was warehouse/stores person for a lot of his life I certainly wouldn't look down on the person who worked as either. Maybe my sense of humour is just not to your taste.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reddoh said:

nope just average and have never thought myself above or below anyone and as my father was warehouse/stores person for a lot of his life I certainly wouldn't look down on the person who worked as either. Maybe my sense of humour is just not to your taste.

?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Untitled.jpg

bristolrovers_aerial2.jpg

Fair play mind, you've got to be impressed with those pictures, it could almost be 2 different grounds.

Until you realise that actually they just added another tent in the corner..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Fair play mind, you've got to be impressed with those pictures, it could almost be 2 different grounds.

whoo whoo hold on there sunshine - I think you will find that there are a LOT more portacabins and cargo containers dotted around the ground now thank you very much ! 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

credit where credit's due...... they seem to have a bigger car park (stand to be corrected once someone actually counts the spaces)

Exactly the same size,it still has enough room for 10,000 locked out supporters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, weepywall said:

Be good if someone could get a picture of the new Spurs ground up as its only the Gas and Spurs that carried out ground improvements last summer apparently. Would be good to compare.

LIVE STREAM FROM THE NEW SPURS GROUND

LIVE STREAM FROM THE NEW ROVERS TRAINING GROUND

Edited by SirColinOfMansfield
  • Haha 1

On 17/01/2019 at 10:14, glynriley said:

And they've painted the roof of the main (only) stand - fair play!

7 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

And they've painted the roof of the main (only) stand - fair play!

I couldn't make out if that was a new paint job or just a brighter day ?.

Looks like they cut down some trees/bushes to the right of that main stand so that the thousands locked out in the car park can still get a look at the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

They have just sold a player to swindle. Great reading 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13692/broadbent-swindon?page=3

Oh Henbury ass is full of shit 

???

Still pretending to be ITK despite countless times being found out for the bullshitter he is, remember his so called mate from the planning department in the council giving him 'inside info' which obviously turned out to be bollox. Still can't help himself.

So this player moving from the Sags to Swindle, I'm sure his thinking will be to get more game time. 

Or is it because he sees lowly League Two underperformers Swindle as a better option than Rovers (even though GC says they wanted him to stay)?

Says it all about the Blue Few when SWINDON is a better option...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, BS3City said:

So this player moving from the Sags to Swindle, I'm sure his thinking will be to get more game time. 

Or is it because he sees lowly League Two underperformers Swindle as a better option than Rovers (even though GC says they wanted him to stay)?

Says it all about the Blue Few when SWINDON is a better option...

What I found funny reading their thread on him was, they were talking as if it didn't matter as he was shit anyway (worse than some bloke called Craig who's 43 or something), then they were up in arms when word trickled through that they weren't getting a fee for him. 

Once again I find myself drawn to a Life of Brian comparison. I will throw in the Gourd.........

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

they were up in arms when word trickled through that they weren't getting a fee for him.

Wael , or whatever his name is, obviously saw that we recently let an academy player go with no fee but with a large sell on clause. He obviously thought, if that is how the better teams work, then that's how they'll play it. Of course that always depends on the player actually having future value. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Swede said:

Swindle is a better option than the sags. The tramps are in the stands rather than on the pitch & they have six fingers per hand rather than three.

Swindle does have one major advantage. After training and matches it`s far easier for a player to get on the M4 and away from the dump quickly - it takes ages from Horfield.

• Haha 1

Jeezuz cryst literally whatever happens this window it's obvious the board bashers are going to twist it to suit their narrative. 

Tom Broadbent? A non-league defender who's played about 10 hours of football for us has gone to a tin pot club in the league below. Who gives a ****? Get a grip of yourselves

A tin pot club with a better stadium and plans for a 6 million training ground recently submitted.

county-ground-swindon-town-fc-1418551204

• Like 1