IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

52 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How can you possibly forget that da gas won a major trophy in 1972? Shame on you for not recognising their triumph on penalties in the final of The Watney Mann Invitation Cup .... a pre-season tournament that included only eight teams (the highest scorers in the four divisions) and lasted a whopping four seasons before axed in 1973 .... I remember a great quote from the huge sag centre half at the time, Stuart Taylor: “Yeh, those were the days when we’d score 80 goals in a season, but let in 120 at our end..”

I was referring to the Camp Site, even based against 1970 stadia it is still shite...Camp Shite

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

6,802 less Tranmere.........it’s what they do. Many Championship clubs would be envious of that.

Don't forget they will sell out Saturday so the bestest fans are probably saving their money for that, think its going to be a headbutting minibus and punching horses sort of day oh and blowing up inflatable snakes.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

massive club my arse - Swindle had more tonight 

To be fair to them (and it pains me to say this) I don’t think I’ve ever heard a sag call their club ‘massive’ - they’ve said many a time that they take ‘massive numbers away’ but that’s slightly different and is indeed another delusional statement with no basis in truth ... they’ve also always said that City fans think our club is ‘massive’ and similarly I’ve never heard a City fan call our club ‘massive’ ...

16 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Don't forget they will sell out Saturday so the bestest fans are probably saving their money for that, think its going to be a headbutting minibus and punching horses sort of day oh and blowing up inflatable snakes.

Yeah but the other 10k showed up at 3pm mind. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be fair to them (and it pains me to say this) I don’t think I’ve ever heard a sag call their club ‘massive’ - they’ve said many a time that they take ‘massive numbers away’ but that’s slightly different and is indeed another delusional statement with no basis in truth

They repeatedly claim to have huge support. ?

Under 7k at home tonight apparently. 

Utterly laughable, deluded idiots. They really don’t help themselves and deserve to be ridiculed.

Our old friend Weezord (you know the one who was too embarrassed to admit he was a Sag? Has just produced this gift over on Sagchat.....

Arsenal took Ozil and the other Arsenal player out of their game with Newcastle for security reasons, might Oxford do the same?

Football aside, sadly it wouldn't be a bad idea to leave him out considering what happened to him when he signed for the 82ers.

I really do wonder wtf goes on in a Fewers head, I mean who the f4ck do they actually think they are, the Mafia?? ??? I bet Taylor absolutely bricking it at the thought of the notorious GHS coming out in force to abuse him for 90mins, can’t blame him though some of them are known to headbutt minibuses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Our old friend Weezord (you know the one who was too embarrassed to admit he was a Sag? Has just produced this gift over on Sagchat.....

Arsenal took Ozil and the other Arsenal player out of their game with Newcastle for security reasons, might Oxford do the same?

Football aside, sadly it wouldn't be a bad idea to leave him out considering what happened to him when he signed for the 82ers.

I really do wonder wtf goes on in a Fewers head, I mean who the f4ck do they actually think they are, the Mafia?? ??? I bet Taylor absolutely bricking it at the thought of the notorious GHS coming out in force to abuse him for 90mins, can’t blame him though some of them are known to headbutt minibuses.

Tells you something when they'll get their "biggest " crowd of the season just to watch a City reject !  :P

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’ve never known a team to get as many penalties as that lot do...

Well the FA had to pick another club to favour given that Man Utd are pretty crap these days, so being the closest club to Utd in terms of such a huge fanbase there was really was only one choice.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

About 500 of those from Tranmere as well.

Just over 6300 Sags bothered to show up tonight.

No wonder they go around telling everyone about their ‘huge’, ‘loyal’ fan base.

Wow, it's getting worse.  I thought 8k was rock bottom. But City were on red button, so that may be the reason why so few fewers actually went.  They stayed in to watch some proper football.

Bristol Water screwed up my plumbing tonight and sent a sag plumber to fix it.  He admitted that he hadnt been to see them this season and that a lot of his mates were pretty hacked off with the state of affairs at the club.

8 hours ago, old parkender said:

Disgrace

F82DCAB5-EECB-42A5-8B9A-95BE4BC8E020.png

When called out by Michelle Owen on that tweet he desperately back-tracked and tried to insist it was aimed at his City supporting mate called Lee! Obviously utter rubbish - why would he tell his City supporting mate to ‘enjoy the game’?! And if it was genuinely aimed at his mate then why did he hastily delete the tweet?! 

What was it Danny Baker called Rovers fans?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InCyder said:

They're even kicking off that Radio Bristol had 4 City callers for each Gashead. 

Who'd have thought that a team with 4 times as many fans have 4 times as many people calling in?

Probably not helped by 20pence not saying how much he loved them more than us when asked !!

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When called out by Michelle Owen on that tweet he desperately back-tracked and tried to insist it was aimed at his City supporting mate called Lee! Obviously utter rubbish - why would he tell his City supporting mate to ‘enjoy the game’?! And if it was genuinely aimed at his mate then why did he hastily delete the tweet?! 

What was it Danny Baker called Rovers fans?!

Sadly not the only Gas making them self's look a complete **** along with the king of the idiots performance on the debate. 

I expect a few more Liverpool fans get on the radio than Tranmere (not comparing us to Liverpool BTW).... I also expect if we didn't play on a Saturday then there would probably be more Sags on the radio than Yeovil (just about). What's the issue, it's the way of the World I'm afraid.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be fair to them (and it pains me to say this) I don’t think I’ve ever heard a sag call their club ‘massive’ - they’ve said many a time that they take ‘massive numbers away’ but that’s slightly different and is indeed another delusional statement with no basis in truth ... they’ve also always said that City fans think our club is ‘massive’ and similarly I’ve never heard a City fan call our club ‘massive’ ...

They might not say that they are massive (except when talking about away support when they do literally say that, we’d take more than the Teds in their position and that “many Championship teams would be envious” etc.) but they do refer to teams like Cheltenham, FGR and Yeovil as “village” teams - the implications being?

A 20K stadium announced by the club was literally spoken of as a 25K stadium within 24 hours of being mooted. All to do with the inferiority complex they undeniably have.

Their fan base is full of hot air and bullshit, that is literally “what they do”, no piss taking this time.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, daored said:

Probably not helped by 20pence not saying how much he loved them more than us when asked !!

It’s laughable that the guy who gave blood and sweat for that lot is accepted by us as a good local radio reporter whereas they have gone all sensitive that he chooses to remain neutral?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

They might not say that they are massive (except when talking about away support when they do literally say that, we’d take more than the Teds in their position and that “many Championship teams would be envious” etc.) but they do refer to teams like Cheltenham, FGR and Yeovil as “village” teams - the implications being?

A 20K stadium announced by the club was literally spoken of as a 25K stadium within 24 hours of being mooted. All to do with the inferiority complex they undeniably have.

Their fan base is full of hot air and bullshit, that is literally “what they do”, no piss taking this time.

IF the Gas ever got a 20,000-seater stadium, it would be the ideal destination for those seeking to get out into the wide, open, uncrowded spaces.

If you build it, they still won't bloody well come....

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

So 6,309 loyal and true bothered to show up. FFS if only it were possible to potd at the turnstiles they’d have surely sold out?

it IS possible to potd at the turnstiles.......................as long as you have a tenner in cash and you go to the right gate! ?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Judah_Eskendar_Tafar said:

“Crowd”? Surely it’s just a ‘group’, or a ‘gathering’ at the very best isn’t it!

On further reflection the correct definition for such a poor turnout is, ‘rump’. The visiting fans form one cheek, fans of the ne’er-do-wells the other. Wael , Dopey, GC, Henbury etc. Are somewhere between the two.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

This seems a familiar tale....Screenshot_20190821-141442_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1ab3423cad7ebb3583bd441d095b989a.jpg

Considering they don't actually own the land, I feel they're jumping the gun a tad.

If someone started building something in my garden, I would be a tad pissed off, unless it was a nice outhouse with a hot tub in it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

32 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

This seems a familiar tale....Screenshot_20190821-141442_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1ab3423cad7ebb3583bd441d095b989a.jpg

I have to laugh with the use of the term "advanced stages with the council".

Even if this takeover is happening, at this 'stage', the best you will get from the council is some warm words that they are "on-board" and maybe some pre-application discussions that would set out some basic parameters. They seem to forget that the council have never turned down any stadium applications of theirs in the past......they never happened due to the fact they were either pie in the sky and/or they never had the funding.

None of that means anything to actually going through the planning process and building a stadium. For that you need money, land and planning permission......the 3 things they don't have and will have to go through the hoops to attain. As Waely has said numerous times "these things take time" and that's before you hit the inevitable bumps in the road like land ownership, local opposition groups and dare I tempt it, judicial reviews.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I have to laugh with the use of the term "advanced stages with the council".

Even if this takeover is happening, at this 'stage', the best you will get from the council is some warm words that they are "on-board" and maybe some pre-application discussions that would set out some basic parameters. They seem to forget that the council have never turned down any stadium applications of theirs in the past......they never happened due to the fact they were either pie in the sky and/or they never had the funding.

None of that means anything to actually going through the planning process and building a stadium. For that you need money, land and planning permission......the 3 things they don't have and will have to go through the hoops to attain. As Waely has said numerous times "these things take time" and that's before you hit the inevitable bumps in the road like land ownership, local opposition groups and dare I tempt it, judicial reviews.

Along with good old Marvin getting questioned about his involvement and the scrapping of a stadium literally within spitting distance....

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Believe so, but the price of land compared to the price of land with permission to build on it is likely to be very different I would guess.

That beggars the question then, why on earth would they apply before they supposedly own the land? It's madness isn't it or bullshit? I wonder which one it is! ;)

54 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I work in the Construction Industry in Bristol. There isn’t a great deal in the above even resembling accuracy. A lot of conjecture in there. I’d say his “Property Contact” is one of they gurt Ted’s having a bit of fun.

Has the land been purchased yet? That’s not a ten minute exercise even after agreeing a price. When the land is purchased there will be 101 surveys required before you can even think about building a football stadium. Hope Wally has plenty of 50p’s down the back of his sofa for that.

As others have said there is the small matter of Planning Permission to be obtained. You don’t just phone up the Council and they “oh yeah, love the scheme, when can you start”? There will need to a formal application made, a consultation period to factor in. Opposition is as guaranteed as night follows day. Amendments may need to be made to the original scheme in for planning which mean resubmission. Bristol Planning Department is notoriously slow in reacting to anything. Anyone remember Ashton Vale?

After getting Planning Permission you need to work up the design in DETAIL and check costs at every stage. If costs go too far North you have to Value Engineer but within the constraints of the Planning Permission otherwise it’s a resubmission.

There will no doubt be significant associated infrastructure works that have to be provided with the scheme.

They will need to tender the works which can be done without planning but adds to risk. Tenders need to be examined, a preferred bidder identified, contract terms agreed.

The best bit, they have to get full funding in place but will need significant funding up front as there is a lot of cost before you’ve even dug a trench. They will have planning conditions to discharge before they start such as detailed Transport Plans.

There will be a mobilisation period before works commence. Construction contracts can be high risk, as much mitigation of that as you can make doesn’t guarantee there won’t be delays or unknown issues not picked up in surveys. A bloody bird could nest at just the wrong time (gives me an idea?).

There is lots more in addition to the above. The point being this isn’t the five minute exercise they think it is......even if his Property Contact convinced him it was!!

• Like 8
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

That beggars the question then, why on earth would they apply before they supposedly own the land? It's madness isn't it or bullshit? I wonder which one it is! ;)

Odd one, but I suppose you don't want a load of land you can't do anything with, so it could be a case that it's a calculated decision.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I work in the Construction Industry in Bristol. There isn’t a great deal in the above even resembling accuracy. A lot of conjecture in there. I’d say his “Property Contact” is one of they gurt Ted’s having a bit of fun.

Has the land been purchased yet? That’s not a ten minute exercise even after agreeing a price. When the land is purchased there will be 101 surveys required before you can even think about building a football stadium. Hope Wally has plenty of 50p’s down the back of his sofa for that.

As others have said there is the small matter of Planning Permission to be obtained. You don’t just phone up the Council and they “oh yeah, love the scheme, when can you start”? There will need to a formal application made, a consultation period to factor in. Opposition is as guaranteed as night follows day. Amendments may need to be made to the original scheme in for planning which mean resubmission. Bristol Planning Department is notoriously slow in reacting to anything. Anyone remember Ashton Vale?

After getting Planning Permission you need to work up the design in DETAIL and check costs at every stage. If costs go too far North you have to Value Engineer but within the constraints of the Planning Permission otherwise it’s a resubmission.

There will no doubt be significant associated infrastructure works that have to be provided with the scheme.

They will need to tender the works which can be done without planning but adds to risk. Tenders need to be examined, a preferred bidder identified, contract terms agreed.

The best bit, they have to get full funding in place but will need significant funding up front as there is a lot of cost before you’ve even dug a trench. They will have planning conditions to discharge before they start such as detailed Transport Plans.

There will be a mobilisation period before works commence. Construction contracts can be high risk, as much mitigation of that as you can make doesn’t guarantee there won’t be delays or unknown issues not picked up in surveys. A bloody bird could nest at just the wrong time (gives me an idea?).

There is lots more in addition to the above. The point being this isn’t the five minute exercise they think it is......even if his Property Contact convinced him it was!!

If the 15ers continue to lose money at their current run rate (is it £60k per week?) with fewer season ticket holders and ever dwindling gates, will they even exist by the time that the Camp New is built?

26 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

If the 15ers continue to lose money at their current run rate (is it £60k per week?) with fewer season ticket holders and ever dwindling gates, will they even exist by the time that the Camp New is built?

Who cares. I've no doubt, at 20k (?) it will be big enough for the rugby boys. How ironic would that be? ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I believe you will find Mr Roady is deliberately winding up our friends on the Rovers forum as a way of settling scores with some elderly gentlemen who have realised the money is about to run out and made the mistake of posting about it. Naturally, being a highly valued personal friend of the Al-Qadi family, he wishes to dispel such rumours until the Mem sale has been safely concluded.    

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Only thing Wally's buying is time.  The belters lap it up.

They will go into administration before they get a ground,

its strange how they seem to be following clubs like bury and Bolton lately 

36 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

recession that's news to me,i for one can tell you there is a massive lack of tradesman out there to keep up with the work. Where do they get there info from is a mystery to me

Is there a lack of capacity, a lack of demand or both? And won't the ending of free movement make the former worse? Which in turn makes it harder to find the skilled people to build a stadium, or any major project?

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

They are banking on Marvin the *** underwriting the cost of the whole shebang.

Something is definitely "off" about that gentleman .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

They are banking on Marvin the *** underwriting the cost of the whole shebang.

Something is definitely "off" about that gentleman .

Compulsory purchase of the land seems to be their expectation. That would go down well with Council Tax payers. Or not.