IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The transfer window has finally closed for the lower league clubs. Was the Cock allowed to make any signngs? I think that we all know the answer to that although one of the bigger teams in League One, Wycombe Wanderers managed to sign Rolando Aarons.

I guess if you've got it, flaunt it; if you haven't, you're Bristol Rovers.

But are going to build a new stadium ??

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

The BP are almost as bad as the Fewers with their views on the Sags support, not a week goes by without them saying how great they are :facepalm:

Amazing travelling support

It was hard to know which side were the away team at the Pirelli Stadium as the travelling Gasheads dominated in the stands as their side did on the pitch. 

The blue and white quarter clad visitors may have been outnumbered, although only just with only 2831 in the ground, but they were loud and fully supportive for the full 90 minutes and then some, staying to clap off the Pirates players after the final whistle despite them making the long trip back to Bristol with no points to show for their efforts.

Only just?. The other week they “outnumbered” Coventry........let’s see how much noise a full house makes at the Mem next home game.

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Only just?. The other week they “outnumbered” Coventry......

Did The Post really report that?!! I don’t remember that but surely da gas hordes outnumber all home fans - it’s what they do - I remember when they called on the ‘Gas Invasion of Notts County’ - around 900 turned up .... not too shabby, but hardly an ‘invasion’ - I went onto their forum and asked when they were considering an ‘invasion of any of their home games’ - instant ban, no sense of humour that lot! ✌️???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The latest semi-literate gibberish from the scum’s website:

“With most of the Gas up for an attack, when the ball was hit over the top, Edwards alert to chase it down and head towards goal. When he reached Jaakkola, he acted with calmness, placing it between the Fin's legs and crushing Rovers' hopes.”

Edited by WessexPest

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonderful.

The Fewers have found a route out of their financial woes.

According to Gaschat, the adult training kit hoodie retails at sixty quid, and the kids one at fifty.

They'll be flying off the shelves at that gove away price.

wearing that would be the modern equivalent of forgetting your PE kit at school 30-odd years ago, and having to do it in any rags they had left in the cupboard

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonderful.

The Fewers have found a route out of their financial woes.

According to Gaschat, the adult training kit hoodie retails at sixty quid, and the kids one at fifty.

They'll be flying off the shelves at that gove away price.

How much are the Bristol Sport training socks retailing for..? 

You know, the ones that their players have been pictured wearing....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

How much are the Bristol Sport training socks retailing for..? 

You know, the ones that their players have been pictured wearing....

In fairness I see nothing wrong with that . As a club we enjoy helping out the smaller clubs in our community. Maybe next summers community game might be against rovers .  :laughcont:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

In fairness I see nothing wrong with that . As a club we enjoy helping out the smaller clubs in our community. Maybe next summers community game might be against rovers .  :laughcont:

I often wonder if we should adopt them as our development partners, we could lend them our promising juniors and squad players who can’t make the team sheet even on the bench, they could use last seasons away  kit, we could loan them the LWB Transit van for away matches and let them sell off our out of date snacks with their fake Fanta...and as Red Army 75 suggests we could give them a charity game at Ashton Gate during the summer.

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

They obviously wouldn’t have the balls to accept the offer, but it would be SO funny for us to publicly put it out there..!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fatknacker said:

I often wonder if we should adopt them as our development partners, we could lend them our promising juniors and squad players who can’t make the team sheet even on the bench, they could use last seasons away  kit, we could loan them the LWB Transit van for away matches and let them sell off our out of date snacks with their fake Fanta...and as Red Army 75 suggests we could give them a charity game at Ashton Gate during the summer.

28 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They obviously wouldn’t have the balls to accept the offer, but it would be SO funny for us to publicly put it out there..!

Saying that if things don’t change for them in the next couple of seasons. I can see us having an U23s in that Mickey Mouse cup . Whilst that cup IMO is a farce . Imagine that scenario. They would be frothing at the mouth .  :shutup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, WessexPest said:

The latest semi-literate gibberish from the scum’s website:

“With most of the Gas up for an attack, when the ball was hit over the top, Edwards alert to chase it down and head towards goal. When he reached Jaakkola, he acted with calmness, placing it between the Fin's legs and crushing Rovers' hopes.”

Perfect sense makes to me . 

17 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Some right number crunching boffins in this thread.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15004/invest?page=1

Good God, someone has lent them a calculator.  With 50 million Gasheads worldwide, they only have to stump up £1 each to build their shiny new stadium where they can continue to buy and sell their vegetables in the transfer market 

But wait, don't Messrs, Wael, Higgs, Ware, etc. already have a cunning plan to raise the cash?

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Haha 2

They really will believe anything they're fed by Wally & Co won't they...

Marshy
Gas 

Marshy Avatar

Posting Level

about an hour ago via mobile  likes this
Post Options

Post by Marshy on about an hour ago

I just don’t get this thread? 
The Al Quidi’s have told us that finance is not a problem, what’s wrong with everyone?

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 21:20, RedLionLad said:

Would anyone really want to get married here?

CCDDD3AE-64C1-4981-B70F-5432290A8580.jpeg

Yes, why not show your future bride and impress all of her family at the same time that instead of romantic Clevedon Court or Celtic Manor you lavishly spent £20 on this dump. Walking through the romantic canvas flaps to "Come on Eileen" performed by two duelling banjos before you performed the quaint ritual of jumping the broomstick.  

Classy real classy

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Marshy
Gas 

Marshy Avatar

Posting Level

about an hour ago via mobile chewbacca likes this
Post Options

The Al Quidi’s have told us that finance is not a problem, what’s wrong with everyone?

Al Quidi is out of er . . . Quidies. He hasn't got two Quidies to rub together!

4 minutes ago, Swede said:

Yes, why not show your future bride and impress all of her family at the same time that instead of romantic Clevedon Court or Celtic Manor you lavishly spent £20 on this dump. Walking through the romantic canvas flaps to "Come on Eileen" performed by two duelling banjos before you performed the quaint ritual of jumping the broomstick.  

Classy real classy

"Walking through the romantic canvas flaps" reminds me of my wedding day....

• Haha 2

This guy is confused..........

"There are many causes, much more important that Rovers, and if I was to invest in Football it would be in a new ground for Frome, one that would last them a good 20 odd years and one where they had, a café, restaurant, bar and whatever so that they could survive. I think you can make a huge difference to a small club rather than watch a big club piss it against the wall"

it looks like he thinks they are a big club?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

Do you know what... they are good at brainwashing people! I’ve heard it so many times now that even I'm starting to believe they took 40,000 to Wembley 

Maybe they all had season tickets for Wembley and didn't turn up, being counted in the attendance?

Maybe they were all suffering from incontinence that day and half of them were in the toilet at any one time?

Or maybe they're just liars. 

8 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

Do you know what... they are good at brainwashing people! I’ve heard it so many times now that even I'm starting to believe they took 40,000 to Wembley 

One of them says that their average gates for the last two years is between 8 and 9k.

I would call that 8,500.

Any idea what the true number is?

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

One of them says that their average gates for the last two years is between 8 and 9k.

I would call that 8,500.

A MASSIVE 8626 for the past two seasons, but this season has seen a drop already

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I would call that 8,500.

8,320 in a league where Sunderland and Portsmouth were around to boost the figures. https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-league-one-2018-2019/1/ . 600 per match down on the previous season . Not looking good this season. 

https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-league-one-2019-2020/1/

Sorry Phantom got there first.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

The funny one to look at would be away attendances. Not sure what site would have an overall average.

Gas Logic=: The size of a club is decided by the ratio between their home and away fans. As their home crowds are pitiful but their away crowds are average that makes them massive.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Marshy
Gas 

Marshy Avatar

Posting Level

about an hour ago via mobile chewbacca likes this
Post Options

@marshy

There's yer answer

41 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I would call that 8,500.

Depends if you are talking about those in the ground or the hordes locked outside.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

They really are a special kind of stupid !!

image.png

Not necessarily so stupid.

Failing to realise that the whole funding for infrastructure projects should be secured prior to letting contracts (including any costs associated with servicing said funding,) could lead to the scenario whereby the club stumps up a sizeable chunk of cash to start works only for the fans contribution to quickly dry up leaving them in limbo, having to service two unbuilt wastelands.....

I see nothing stupid should that transpire.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Using Gas Logic which dictates only 15% of your fans actually attend home games we have over 130K supporters...........if 236% of our fan base all donated £75K per month for 22 years I cannot think of a single major trophy we wouldn’t win.

So,

306,800 fans donate £900,000 for 22 years.

That's £6.075 Trillion (£6,074,640,000,000.00).

Since 1999, the average total PL transfer spend is up roughly 720%, so using that as an inflation marker, after 22 years the club will have £43.75 Trillion (£43,737,408,000,000.00 - double the US' current GDP)

Real Madrid (the richest club in the world currently with an estimated £4.25 Billion) would have inflated to £30.6 Billion after 22 years, which would be eclipsed 1429.73 times by lil old Bristol City.

That would've saved Bury...

but wouldn't have won us the world cup!

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

10 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

So,

306,800 fans donate £900,000 for 22 years.

That's £6.075 Trillion (£6,074,640,000,000.00).

Since 1999, the average total PL transfer spend is up roughly 720%, so using that as an inflation marker, after 22 years the club will have £43.75 Trillion 

I believe The Gas are looking for an accountant and you appear well qualified. 

Investment appears not to benefit from growth, or be eroded by inflation and only using Gas Logic does the comparative growth over the defined period in transfer spend mirror that of growth in investment ( to achieve your outcome fans would only cough up £900k each in year one, after which they'd be digging deeper.)

Excuse me for asking but you're not currently involved in auditing their attendances, are you?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I believe The Gas are looking for an accountant and you appear well qualified. 

Investment appears not to benefit from growth, or be eroded by inflation and only using Gas Logic does the comparative growth over the defined period in transfer spend mirror that of growth in investment ( to achieve your outcome fans would only cough up £900k each in year one, after which they'd be digging deeper.)

Excuse me for asking but you're not currently involved in auditing their attendances, are you?

I rather simplified it and assumed each fan would pay a blanket £900k every year, no more, no less. 

And that sums gifted would only inflate.

2 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

I rather simplified it and assumed each fan would pay a blanket £900k every year, no more, no less. 

And that sums gifted would only inflate.

Ah! Was the assumption they'd pay upfront in full, or monthly by Direct Debit as that massively impacts the investment?

I note you neither confirmed or denied your involvement in preparing attendance returns at The Mem...? Perhaps you also do their away figures?

For this season, I would expect an average home attendance of around 8k from which you can probably deduct around 500 away.  So I would suggest only around 7.5k Pikeys will actually attend this season unless their performance picks up dramatically.

A further gradual decline will continue over the next few years as they begin to slip down the leagues and their neighbours enjoy entertaining the likes of Liverpool, Man C, Man U, Spurs, Arsenal, etc. just a few miles across the city.

Of course, figures quoted are for tickets sold and I believe attendances are somewhere in the region of 15% lower (suggesting that less than 6.5k can be bothered to get off their sweaty fat arses).

Edited by wendyredredrobin

I see that a Tory MP has "crossed the floor" to become a Lib Dem

I know that Matty Taylor's transfer got their knickers in a twist, but do you know of a fan who has "crossed the floor" from blue to red in Bristol?

Edited by myol'man

24 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I see that a Tory MP has "crossed the floor" to become a Lib Dem

I know that Matty Taylor's transfer got their knickers in a twist, but do you know of a fan who has "crossed the floor" from blue to red in Bristol?

I do actually. My old man.

Growing up, he lived close to Eastville, and would watch them. He never really bothered with football much when I was a youngster, but when I developed an interest and started going with my pals, there was no influence on who to support.

My mates were City. So there I went.

Anyway, long story short, I started taking him to odd games, then I got him a membership when he started to want to go a lot more. I finally took the plunge and got him a season ticket.

He has had one for over 20 years now.

The conclusive proof that his journey was complete, was a rather sweary rant before we played the Gas (I think Agostino scored, after getting the ball close to the half way line), resulting in a ....'hope we do these ****'s'.

He ain't a Fewer!

Also. I'm brilliant for managing this. More conversions that the Bears and Billy Graham. That's my plan.

I currently inhabit Gloucester Road boozers, looking for the disenfranchised to educate.

So, weirdly @myol'man - my old man WAS a Rovers fan....

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

On the face of it that is remarkably close, would be good to know if we had more in the way of long distance journeys than them though I.e. Sunderland, Boro, Hull etc

I wouldn't say it was close !

I would say mind the gap.