IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

20 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Not only this, a fair few of them changed alliance's and decided they’d support rivals Bath instead :facepalm:

#GasLogic

Perfectly logical, seeing as they shared a city with them for 10 years! Wouldn’t it be nice if they were to be neighbours again? 

They’ve so much in common, temporary stands, supported by assholes, and both dreaming of one day getting a decent stadium.

Edited by BS15_RED

2 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Perfectly logical, seeing as they shared a city with them for 10 years! Wouldn’t it be nice if they were to be neighbours again? 

They’ve so much in common, temporary stands, supported by assholes, and both dreaming of one day getting a decent stadium.

Plus being intensely jealous of the team in BS3. A good mate of mine is a ST holder at the Rec and he is very jealous of the signings Bris are making. 

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Plus being intensely jealous of the team in BS3. A good mate of mine is a ST holder at the Rec and he is very jealous of the signings Bris are making. 

Wait until he sees the next 3 through the door,can’t say too much but big name players.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I read their forum after Radradra signed for Bris last week, there was almost an air of resignation that one day we (Bris) will win the Premiership.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

I know a few former Fewers who are now season ticket holders for the Bears. 

Apparently a rugby season ticket is good value for money.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Less than £300 for both me and my mum in the South Stand, it’s outstanding value. I’m pretty sure I got a discount due to being a City STH.

Edited by BS15_RED
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Steady on Rob. Growing up in Midsomer Norton, Bath Rugby was always going to be the oval ball team for me. #WeAreNotAllAssholes ?

edit quoted wrong person (might be an asshole after all) ?

Edited by Southport Red
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Steady on Rob. Growing up in Midsomer Norton, Bath Rugby was always going to be the oval ball team for me. #WeAreNotAllAssholes ?

edit quoted wrong person (might be an asshole after all) ?

My apologies fella for the sweeping generalisation. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Is there no end to ' the gift'

Not when opposition managers are chiming in for our entertainment.

Had this taken place at any other ground, the rivals of that team would’ve been living off that “shit grandstand” statement for years. However we all know that Circus FC will be along in a few days with a loaded shotgun ready to take aim at their own feet again for our amusement.

The gift....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

I've a feeling they'll be providing us with some more jollity later today...  whatever the result of their replay, something will give us a laugh -it's what they do!  ?

It’s their other massive cup tie tonight, not the FA cup replay. 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s their other massive cup tie tonight, not the FA cup replay. 

Just realised that.. but it still hasn't taken long to get todays First predictable laugh...

Their matchday thread... 

#1 (*team for tonight?)

#2 (*who cares? Corrie is on)   

http://www.gaschat.co.uk/thread/15386/bristol-rovers-leyton-orient-official 

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

This comment amazes me, we seem to be really involved with all our players when out on loan, how can he not know if he has scored or not?

Talk about showing no interest in a player. . .

image.png

That's disgraceful, I have seen the stuff that BT put's on Twitter etc about our loanees and it's like a novel in comparison. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phantom said:

This comment amazes me, we seem to be really involved with all our players when out on loan, how can he not know if he has scored or not?

Talk about showing no interest in a player. . .

image.png

Does he even actually know where the kids gone on loan too..?!

”it’s a difficult league” erm no Graham, it’s National league South.  
Against the likes of Chippenham Town..!

I think what he means is that it’s difficult for players from Rovers, because their facilities are lagging behind most of the clubs at that level and they aren’t really ready for it..! 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15386/bristol-rovers-leyton-orient-official

2 league games in our last seven matches. This must be a bit like supporting Liverpool or Man City.

I hope we keep winning in this tournament for the sake of the prize money. Would be nice to give some young lads and normal rotation players some minutes and get a few wins. Looking at the teams that are left and the ones that went through last night there’s no reason we can’t go all the way. Having said that, I hope we win each game in front of a crowd of about 50 people.

1 minute ago, 22A said:

2 league games in our last seven matches. This must be a bit like supporting Liverpool or Man City.

I hope we keep winning in this tournament for the sake of the prize money. Would be nice to give some young lads and normal rotation players some minutes and get a few wins. Looking at the teams that are left and the ones that went through last night there’s no reason we can’t go all the way. Having said that, I hope we win each game in front of a crowd of about 50 people.

Fair view in my opinion, boycott etc etc 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 22A said:

Dreams can come true..!

"Not too mention a few extra quid. If the figures on the other thread are correct about FA Cup revenue then we've made well over £100,000 so far in that competition. Can get a player or two potentially with that kind of money. "

.....or a couple of match day stewards?

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

"Not too mention a few extra quid. If the figures on the other thread are correct about FA Cup revenue then we've made well over £100,000 so far in that competition. Can get a player or two potentially with that kind of money. "

Bless them..!

It May go some way to covering the losses on the gate receipts, compared to the costs of staging a match. Seeing as so few of them bother to attend their games. 

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Or a new set of furniture for the London office. The old stuff is six months old now after all and standards must be upheld.

Or a new watch for Wally.

13 hours ago, 22A said:

Prize money? Will hardly pay for the stewards. 

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Prize money? Will hardly pay for the stewards. 

It took me a while to find it but the prize money for getting to and winning the thing seems to be just over £300k. 
They get 20k for taking part and the early rounds they get 10k for a win and 5k for a draw. Round 2 (last night) they got 20k, as you say, it must have cost around half of that to stage the game.

The prize money jumps up from here on though, and you would imagine all those “boycotting” will throw those concerns aside to go to Wembley, which will add to the income. It could keep them in business a bit longer.

It will be interesting to see what their gate is on Saturday, as they could move into the play off places as they are playing Southend.

11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Or underwrite 10 days of loss.

They really are a strange bunch.

12 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Classic #gaslogic at work here. 

They've progressed through one round of the tournament so far, which yields a massive £36,000 in prize money. They won't have made any profit on their home games, with the very low attendances they've had. So where has the extra £64,000 come from? :blink:

12 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Classic #gaslogic at work here. 

They've progressed through one round of the tournament so far, which yields a massive £36,000 in prize money. They won't have made any profit on their home games, with the very low attendances they've had. So where has the extra £64,000 come from? :blink:

The extra money would be two games on BT Sport plus 2 x £12K for the Sunday MOTD programme. For once this isn't Gaslogic

Just now, Busterrimes said:

The extra money would be two games on BT Sport plus 2 x £12K for the Sunday MOTD programme. For once this isn't Gaslogic

It isn't as if they have to pay their defense a clean-sheet bonus every week!

But it's great that evidently all the staff work free of charge to ensure that there are no costs associated with staging a game!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

It isn't as if they have to pay their defense a clean-sheet bonus every week!

But it's great that evidently all the staff work free of charge to ensure that there are no costs associated with staging a game!

Great point. I have mixed up profit and income. That's why I'm not in Finance

Edited by Busterrimes

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It took me a while to find it but the prize money for getting to and winning the thing seems to be just over £300k. 
They get 20k for taking part and the early rounds they get 10k for a win and 5k for a draw. Round 2 (last night) they got 20k, as you say, it must have cost around half of that to stage the game.

The prize money jumps up from here on though, and you would imagine all those “boycotting” will throw those concerns aside to go to Wembley, which will add to the income. It could keep them in business a bit longer.

It will be interesting to see what their gate is on Saturday, as they could move into the play off places as they are playing Southend.

Do you have any idea how much it costs to stage a professional game of football..?! 
the Police bill alone is likely to exceed your guess. 
TWENTY years ago now, the Chief Exec of QPR told me Cody best part of £100k to cover the costs of staging a single league fixture! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

With the 20th anniversary of 'mind the gap', next year we should chip together and bring the Gap Band over from the States, (they're not lightly to be busy) , to sing their hit "oops Upside your head".. 

One for the teenagers... 

Retitled “Oops, no stadium”

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

With the 20th anniversary of 'mind the gap', next year we should chip together and bring the Gap Band over from the States, (they're not lightly to be busy) , to sing their hit "oops Upside your head".. 

One for the teenagers... 

Could be the Blue Few's pet band. Like them, they haven't done anything for years.

I have a copy of their 1980 album Gap Band III and it has a track called Gash Gash Gash.  New run-out music at the Mem?