IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Their unofficial link with Chelsea? Unofficial as in non existent?

It`s like our unofficial link with Barcelona in that we look at them and think `we ought to do things like that`.

Just remind me, how many good young players has this `link` with Chelsea provided over the years compared to the ones we`ve had from them?

I think that their deluded followers believe that they almost signed Tammy though and couldn`t believe he chose us over them so perhaps it does exist.

#dribblingmorons

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

I wonder if I can get odds on coco the clown to be the new manager he'd fit right in with that circus. 

Well he has just left Derby, so I think there could be something in that rumour.

19 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Their unofficial link with Chelsea? Unofficial as in non existent?

That's the kiddie. There is no link and you can't get much less official than that, so there's your gaslogic-style proof.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sniper said:

OMG, for anyone saying that Steve 'the Legend' Cotterill would ever go to the SAGS, give your head a w:laugh:bble.

SC gave us one of the best seasons we ever had.

SC would never ever go to the SAGS as he would lose that mantle. We love him (well I do :laugh:)

SC does not need the money (not that that SAGS could get within a Tilson of what SC would ask for anyway)

SC will get back into Management but it will have to be something that floats his boat, not just anything.

Why wouldn't he? He is still based in the area, proven at the level, for the right money I'm sure he would think about it. Managers aren't loyal to clubs like fans - sorry to burst your bubble. 

Whether Rovers have the money for him (and the signings he'd want) is a different question. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why wouldn't he? He is still based in the area, proven at the level, for the right money I'm sure he would think about it. Managers aren't loyal to clubs like fans - sorry to burst your bubble. 

Whether Rovers have the money for him (and the signings he'd want) is a different question. 

Spot on.

I am a huge fan of Cotts, but he hasn’t had a managerial post for 2 and a half years.

He will know himself he isn’t going to get offered one at Championship level now, so if he wants to work again, a club in the city where he still lives is as good as he can expect.

One other thing, people conveniently forget that he sold Baldock for £2m in our double winning season, which financed a lot of his brilliant signings, this huge budget stuff (Sheff U’s was far higher for instance & they didn’t go up) is nonsense.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

3B041358-9C06-422B-A3A8-E33162476081.jpeg

• Haha 5

"Pail Cook", John Terry haha haha. 

PAUL Cook is building himself a solid reputation at Championship level after starting out at Southport working within tight budget restraints in the North West. Why would he take a backward career step with the sags?

John Terry is assistant manager at a Premier League club with a large budget to work with. Its a nonsense to think he would give all that up for that shower.

Gaslogic beyond delusional. They have absolutely no idea. They are an absolute joke of a club.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

The point is, where are Rovers going to get a manager who's team play a successful possession based game, with a bunch of bargain bucket signings? 

Who was it, back in the summer, that said in this thread that they were making some astute signings and would be pushing the play off positions?

I just want to know so as to never take any notice of their posts in future. :)

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, daored said:

Some numpty has mentioned John Terry , the reason bring their link with Chelsea and Wally once bumped into him 

turbo8818
Youth Team
2 hours ago
gasandelectricity likes this
Does anyone think it’s strange that TW has been given the caretaker role, the man hasn’t managed since DC was a nippy winger instead of giving Hargreaves/Mansell a crack. This leads me to one conclusion that they already have someone in line to take over, otherwise you’d have given those two a go to prove themselves as had happend before. I see John Terry mentioned before could be a shout, has been serving his apprenticeship well at Villa and would fit with our unofficial link with Chelsea. Stranger things have happend

Even in 2020, I'm not entirely sure that stranger things have happened!

• Like 2

Ben Garner was doomed to be successful when his ambition was to get the Sags playing football, just like Martin Dobson.

They need someone who wants to grow the grass long in the corners, get in a 6ft plus cart horse (as long as they don’t punch him) and go route one all day long.

That way they can hope to hoof their way around League One for an extra season or two before heading off back down towards their rightful home in the Conference where they become AFC Bristol Rovers 1883 (2015) FC

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Ben Garner was doomed to be successful when his ambition was to get the Sags playing football, just like Martin Dobson.

They need someone who wants to grow the grass long in the corners, get in a 6ft plus cart horse (as long as they don’t punch him) and go route one all day long.

That way they can hope to hoof their way around League One for an extra season or two before heading off back down towards their rightful home in the Conference where they become AFC Bristol Rovers 1883 (2015) FC

Harsh.....

But true.

With all the names being banded about on the Rovers forum, they seem to ignore basic facts. First, is the person likely to want the job? With some “out of work” managers they’re not working as a manager because they’ve moved onto other things after a career of nice payoffs when they’ve been sacked. Why give up your nice comfortable life to work at a desperate team? Second some out of work managers, who want a job, have a good track record and they don’t want to ruin it by going to a team like Rovers where success is unlikely. Third, good managers are expensive and Rovers do things on the cheap.

So, what’s left? Experienced managers who are crap but desperate for a job or inexperienced lower league managers or coaches. They struck lucky and got some, by Rovers standards, success with Darrell Clarke and Coughlan  but can they do it again 

Edited by pongo88

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

With all the names being banded about on the Rovers forum, they seem to ignore basic facts. First, is the person likely to want the job? With some “out of work” managers they’re not working as a manager because they’ve moved onto other things after a career of nice payoffs when they’ve been sacked. Why give up your nice comfortable life to work at a desperate team? Second some out of work managers, who want a job, have a good track record and they don’t want to ruin it by going to a team like Rovers where success is unlikely. Third, good managers are expensive and Rovers do things on the cheap.

So, what’s left? Experienced managers who are crap but desperate for a job or inexperienced lower league managers of coaches. They struck lucky and got some, by Rovers standards, success with Darrell Clarke and Coughlan  but can they do it again 

And, once they`ve narrowed it down, they have to show any potential candidates a `stadium` that looks like the Go Outdoors display at the Bath & West Show.

Gonna be a pretty short shortlist by then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

If you read Slagchat it’s exactly as you describe. They want to ditch the tippy tappy rubbish and play long ball as it’s suited to League 1.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Who was it, back in the summer, that said in this thread that they were making some astute signings and would be pushing the play off positions?

I just want to know so as to never take any notice of their posts in future. :)

Clearly someone with a number of Gas  mates who caved in to their delusion. It’s one thing having Gas mates, quite another to start listening to them....

• Like 3

11 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Trump should get the gig - a delusional muppet who every right thinking person despises and makes baseless boasts about thousands of people congregating. Surely a prime candidate...?

Are you certain you've the right name? I thought Reach's Rovers Reporter was called Sam Frost, though in all other respects you're spot on.......

From his utter tripe yesterday about the positive things Garner had done for the club during his tenure. Introduced nutritionists (he needed to what with the amount of comfort eating that's occured during the past year,) strength & conditioning coaches (sure as hell need to be resilient to consistently deliver performances wholly lacking in quality,) and as for deploying analysts, presumably they were scatologists all.

He's cheap, knows sod all about football & preaches tripe to an ever insignificant following. Frost's yet man.......

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Has anyone ever wondered if Notts Forrest have threads on their forum as long as this one all aimed at Notts County? 

Difference being County are actually a respectable club who rarely embarrass themselves. 

Rovers on the other hand...

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Ben:

You're always running here and there (here and there)

You feel you're not wanted over there (over there)

If you ever look behind (that grotto)

And don't like what you find (do not touch, or pick it up)

There's something you should know 

You've got a place to go

And that place is AG and OTIBs. 

Ben:

Most Few people would turn you away (you away)

We don't listen to a word they say (it's all LIES and bullsh1t)

They don't see you as we do (one win in twenty two)

We wish they would try to

We're sure you'd win again (they'd think again)

If they had a coach like Ben,

You are a one (win; given a penalty and/or a red card for the opposition) in ten,

You've got a friend in us.

We love you, Ben. Not "let's sleep in the same bed" love, just .... you know .....

Great effort!

I’ve had a pop too....

Ben, you won’t be blaming refs no more

Now that Wally’s shoved you out the door

No free signings or a loan

Or fans that love to moan

No red cards you will see

Or dodgy penalty 

(Or dodgy penalty)

Ben, that ground looked like a big fun fair

(Big fun fair)

Tents and Lady Gardens everywhere

(Everywhere)

Their fans are one of a kind

As big as West Ham...mind!

But thousands never show

They can’t be arsed to go

(They can’t be arsed to go)

They always say “Woe is me”

Check our score....constantly

They always say “**** City”

Whilst riddled with jealousy 

Ben, the Gas are Tinpot anyway

(Anyway)

Won’t be “Coming for us” any day

(Any day)

They don’t think you had a clue

They’re heading for League Two

Then con-fer-ence again

All the City fans love Ben

(Legend)

Bye Ben

(Legend)

Bye Ben

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

If you don’t like it , don’t read it 

we al know you’re a gas sympathiser 

It’s just a simple question Stevie............:cool2:

The Gas are meaningless to me. I very rarely, if ever think about them. It’s only when I come on here that I see they’re still in existence.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Well i know its been 20 years, but growing up, the games against rovers with the likes of penrice, holloway, devon white etc etc were like going to war, it would be great for the next generation of city fans to have their donowa moment, but its just not going To happen. They are an embarrassment.

Nah **** that and **** them!

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The Gas are meaningless to me. I very rarely, if ever think about them. It’s only when I come on here that I see they’re still in existence.

Yet you still feel the need to comment on something you say you don’t care about . 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Has anyone ever wondered if Notts Forrest have threads on their forum as long as this one all aimed at Notts County? 

It’s not really a thread, it’s more of a sub forum. A neat and tidy place to house Bristol Rovers. A bit like the conference ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So meaningless that you drive a bus for them....

And come to post a question on this thread.

Yeah, meaningless......

• Like 2

@Robbored

They were very happy when Notts County fell out of the League and yes there was a thread about them.

Most Forest fans consider Derby as their main rivals. I know a few Forest fans and they have no real dislike for NCFC, the same cannot be said about their feelings towards Derby.

The other main difference is that compared to the Gas, Notts County are quite professional. Notts County do not drop absolute clangers on a weekly basis. If Rovers weren’t such a bunch of clowns this thread wouldn’t be here. 

Shouldn't really need to explain this but maybe you live under a rock? I don’t know...

Hope this helps.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

To make you happy I’ll post something here that isn’t Rovers related.

It is Nottingham (they never, ever shorten it to Notts, that’s County) Forest, not Forrest.

Every football fan knows this.

I should be surprised by your ignorance but on reflection, I’m not.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

When you drove a bus load of them to Wembley, were you under the impression that it was something else then...? 

48 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

@Robbored

They were very happy when Notts County fell out of the League and yes there was a thread about them.

Most Forest fans consider Derby as their main rivals. I know a few Forest fans and they have no real dislike for NCFC, the same cannot be said about their feelings towards Derby.elps.

As far as I’m concerned Cardiff are our main rivals. They’re the club I like to beat above all others. It used to be Swindon but now, like the gas are no longer serious rivals. That’s my point. 

Each to his own I guess..............:dunno:

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I haven’t looked at the Forrest forum but I expect it can’t compare with OTIB. This forum is more than just basic football chat. At one end of the scale we have detailed analysis - eg @Davefevs and at the other end it’s fish puns, Clarks Pies, fish lots and Adge Cutler. What more could anyone want? Although it may be deemed to be cruel it’s nice to have a good laugh at someone else’s expense, especially when “they are coming for us”

Edited by pongo88
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

To make you happy I’ll post something here that isn’t Rovers related.

It is Nottingham (they never, ever shorten it to Notts, that’s County) Forest, not Forrest.

Every football fan knows this.

I should be surprised by your ignorance but on reflection, I’m not.

Their fans continue to call us "Bristol", rather than Bristol City.

For that reason, I for one, will continue to refer to them as just "Notts" (which they hate, of course).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I haven’t looked at the Forrest forum but I expect it can’t compare with OTIB. This forum is more than just basic football chat. At one end of the scale we have detailed analysis - eg @Davefevs and at the other end it’s fish puns, Clarks Pies, fish lots and Adge Cutler. What more could anyone want? Although it may be deemed to be cruel it’s nice to have a good laugh at someone else’s expense, especially when “they are coming for us”

Otib is a terrific forum. It almost goes without saying. Certainly the best that I’ve seen. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Great effort!

I’ve had a pop too....

Ben, you won’t be blaming refs no more

Now that Wally’s shoved you out the door

No free signings or a loan

Or fans that love to moan

No red cards you will see

Or dodgy penalty 

(Or dodgy penalty)

Ben, that ground looked like a big fun fair

(Big fun fair)

Tents and Lady Gardens everywhere

(Everywhere)

Their fans are one of a kind

As big as West Ham...mind!

But thousands never show

They can’t be arsed to go

(They can’t be arsed to go)

They always say “Woe is me”

Check our score....constantly

They always say “**** City”

Whilst riddled with jealousy 

Ben, the Gas are Tinpot anyway

(Anyway)

Won’t be “Coming for us” any day

(Any day)

They don’t think you had a clue

They’re heading for League Two

Then con-fer-ence again

All the City fans love Ben

(Legend)

Bye Ben

(Legend)

Bye Ben

Superb. I nominate you as the new Poet Laurie Ate. Or something.  ?

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

He's trying to hijack another thread.

Don't humour him, ignore his meaningless posts and he will eventually get bored and clear off to some other clubs forum and upset them.

Attention seeker!

I really can't see Cotts lowering himself to take the Rovers job.

He may feel it would be putting one over on SL to go there, and then do well, but SL aside I think he has far too much affection for BCFC generally, and City fans in particular, to even consider it.

He's far too good for them, of course, and, after his years at AG he's now an honorary City fan who probably dislikes them anyway.

I'll be surprised, and very disappointed, if he demeaned himself by even contemplating such a disastrous career move. 

Short, sharp, and to the point - tell them to **** *** Cotts. :city:

48 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I really can't see Cotts lowering himself to take the Rovers job.

He may feel it would be putting one over on SL to go there, and then do well, but SL aside I think he has far too much affection for BCFC generally, and City fans in particular, to even consider it.

He's far too good for them, of course, and, after his years at AG he's now an honorary City fan who probably dislikes them anyway.

I'll be surprised, and very disappointed, if he demeaned himself by even contemplating such a disastrous career move. 

Short, sharp, and to the point - tell them to **** *** Cotts. :city:

If he applied, I wonder if the 'rag bag rovers' comment would get mentioned?

I would hope Cotts doesn't risk his status with the City support by going there but, if they could afford him, there are few better at that level.

Don't do it Cott's!

I thought I'd brighten up my day by having a look at slag chat. It never fails to disapoint!

How about this little gem,

Lee lives in Nantwich. I know Bristol's a big City but I didn't know Nantwich was a suburb.

Same vision as a Wael?!? Lee knows what he's doing!

Point to prove to SL? LJ was backed to the hilt by SL. It's not as if he wasn't given plenty of opportunities. Typical sags, totally deluded. 

With Respect, Little Johnson could be the ideal man.Same vision as wael, based in the area.Maybe a point to prove to Pantsdown...