IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

The gas reporter was clearly upset spending his evening getting soaked watching that. Cant recall even Nicky Hunt getting a 2 but I might be wrong but 2 and 3s all round. The subs got higher ratings for running around a bit!

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/accrington-bristol-rovers-player-ratings-4959139

Edited by Redsi2
Spelling

4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Quote of the night from a sag...........

Whatever you do don't blame Prince Teflon of Portaloo Park.

Remember, nothing is ever his fault and he's a lovely bloke as well.

:clap::clap:

Is that their version of our Great Humans?

• Haha 1

Just to say; those urging caution in laughing at the gas as we have a very loseable fixture tonight, you can bet your life that they’d be taking the opportunity if the roles were reversed, and with gusto.

We may get hammered on Sky by Brentford but I tell you; I’d rather get scalped by a team hoping to make the premiership while being mid table in the championship than get shellacked by a mid table team while fighting relegation in league one.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

That keeper mind hes mint

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Watching the highlights the defence seem to have no confidence in the keeper. Doesn’t bode well. 

I am sure he deliberately dived the wrong way for their second goal, it really looks like he goes left after the shot has been made. :)

57 minutes ago, samo II said:

Just to say; those urging caution in laughing at the gas as we have a very loseable fixture tonight, you can bet your life that they’d be taking the opportunity if the roles were reversed, and with gusto.

We may get hammered on Sky by Brentford but I tell you; I’d rather get scalped by a team hoping to make the premiership while being mid table in the championship than get shellacked by a mid table team while fighting relegation in league one.

City, being City, will probably end up shellacking Brentford 4-0 and look like Brazil. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, samo II said:

That's football in Bristol, in three lines there.

Someone once summised Bristol football thus: they have Windass who stopped us reaching the PL; we have Colin Daniel, who plonked them into the non-leagues. There's the difference. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Someone once summised Bristol football thus: they have Windass who stopped us reaching the PL; we have Colin Daniel, who plonked them into the non-leagues. There's the difference. 

And in all honesty ,

and I’m as guilty as anyone

It sums up Bristol Football that the best both sides can do is take the p out each other of repeated failures and underachievement 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

We get upset by pundits calling us Bristol, but apparently the commentators last night kept calling them Bristol City. ouch.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

We get upset by pundits calling us Bristol, but apparently the commentators last night kept calling them Bristol City. ouch.

Obviously never heard of any other Bristol team.

P.s.  I like how your avatar is a horse with no head 

28 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Paul Tisdale - Only 6 appearances for City, but currently one of our best agents.  Ben Garner did a fantastic job, but I didn't think PT could improve on that.  Well done Paul, keep up the good work son.

Top man Paul ?

I was gutted when Ben Garner was sacked as he was doing  such a great job........but  it looks like Tisdale is on course to finally get them out of League 1

Well done Paul ?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Top man Paul ?

I was gutted when Ben Garner was sacked as he was doing  such a great job........but  it looks like Tisdale is on course to finally get them out of League 1

Well done Paul ?

They didn’t really give Tiswas a 2.5 year contract, did they?

surely not?

No club in their position getting no income through the gates and already paying off 2 (?) previously sacked managers could be so reckless......could they?

Edited by RedLionLad

5 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

They wouldn’t be stupid enough to loan the opposing team their away kit on the final day again, would they?

I suppose their only other option to avoid being relegated by a team wearing their kit, would have been putting in a call to BS3 and using one of our kits.

Wonder what would have been worse from a Gas point of view.

9ompey and Bristol 6ity fans delighted with last night's results.

A Gas-astrophic defeat for the Blue Few.

The mighty Fleetwood next. 

Anyone willint to phone the NSPCS? ( National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Sags).

Nah ! Let them suffer.

Edited by Bazooka Joe

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I can’t believe they’ve employed a manager much worse to succeed the worst manager they’ve ever had.......in the same season...

That takes some doing ?

That's not precisely true - Tisdale's record at the Gas is truly shocking, and getting hillariously worse with each week it seems, but he has a way to go to dethrone "The King"

Ben Garner    P33     W6     D8     L19     Win % - 18.18
Paul Tisdale   P18     W5     D2     L11     Win % - 27.8

data sourced from wikipedia which ofc may not be the best source, I think it includes cup games too.

16 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Wonder if this guy will be reading OTIB tonight?

For the record, this is what your indifferent, happy to be mediocre,  “we put up with any old shit” support gets you....tents for stands, Basement/Non League football and 6-1 defeats to Accrington Stanley.

onedaygas83 Avatar
onedaygas83
Reserve Team
Jan 30, 2021 at 11:00pm
purdownpoacher1 likes this
For all the issues we have being a gashead this season it beggars belief to read what those tossers have to say about their current manager/players! Yeah shoot me down for having a nose at their forum but when you read how they feel about their team that's only 3 points off the playoffs it makes my blood boil. They slate their manager and players something rotten and yet their a top 10 championship club now! I think for all the negative things people say on here about our club it's a damn lot less than those inbred ***** south of the river so yes feel free to have a dig but I'm proud to be a gashead who sticks by their club through thick and thin unlike our trashy neighbor's

Bell and End springs to mind.

This is the same wonderful supporters who consider themselves bigger than Norwich, head butt windows and racially abuse opposition players.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I suppose their only other option to avoid being relegated by a team wearing their kit, would have been putting in a call to BS3 and using one of our kits.

Wonder what would have been worse from a Gas point of view.

At least they won't be able to claim that the away ends was full of sheads this time.

4 minutes ago, cityal said:

That's not precisely true - Tisdale's record at the Gas is truly shocking, and getting hillariously worse with each week it seems, but he has a way to go to dethrone "The King"

Ben Garner    P33     W6     D8     L19     Win % - 18.18
Paul Tisdale   P18     W5     D2     L11     Win % - 27.8

data sourced from wikipedia which ofc may not be the best source, I think it includes cup games too.

What was Garner’s figures for his first 18 games?

22 minutes ago, cityal said:

I have every confidence in the splendid job he is doing currently!

I quite agree!  I'd hate for him to be given the vote of confidence, that then means he'll get sacked almost immediately.  He simply has to stay! 

12 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

What was Garner’s figures for his first 18 games?

I think it is as follows (so worse than Tisdale)

P18 W2 D5 L11

interestingly the time between his appointment and 2020 lockdown covered 18 games. In saying that he had a couple of games during that period of compassionate leave where I guess he could say he technically was not in charge.

data this time from https://www.transfermarkt.us/ben-garner/leistungsdatenDetail/trainer/33915/plus/1?saison_id=2019&verein_id=2455&liga=&wettbewerb_id=&trainer_id=