IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I have got Twentyman on, annoyingly because relegation hasn't come as a surprise to them there is a lack of quality callers.

Although some of them do try and give the impression that prior to this season, the Fewers had the monopoly on passion and fight.

Hate to be the one that breaks it to them, but most sides have passion and fight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

I have got Twentyman on, annoyingly because relegation hasn't come as a surprise to them there is a lack of quality callers.

Although some of them do try and give the impression that prior to this season, the Fewers had the monopoly on passion and fight.

Hate to be the one that breaks it to them, but most sides have passion and fight. 

See you chose your words carefully in the last paragraph.

• Like 1

Wally has been in charge of the Sags for 5 years (Feb 2016).

When he bought the circus they were in the 4th tier with an awful ground and after five years of hard work and investment they are now.... In the 4th tier with an awful ground. 

Looks like all of that hard work, second only to Spurs in terms of ground improvement, has really paid off.

• Like 4
  • Haha 10
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Here’s the league table when Super Joey took over. 
He’s taken them from 2 points above the relegation zone to 10 points below it. 
A miraculous 12 point swing in 16 games. 
Glorious. 
“But it wasn’t me guv” ?

1D6140ED-9E41-428A-B395-82BB04CBD293.jpeg

But he’s Joey Barton he’s played in a standard Bristol Rovers have never been in. I’m glad the bottom dwellers suck it up. Wouldn’t surprise me if they went non league again 

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

Wally has been in charge of the Sags for 5 years (Feb 2016).

When he bought the circus they were in the 4th tier with an awful ground and after five years of hard work and investment they are now.... In the 4th tier with an awful ground. 

Looks like all of that hard work, second only to Spurs in terms of ground improvement, has really paid off.

Even the bogs at White Hart Lane are better than the whole Minimal 

• Like 1

Following my comment that the Fewers thought they had the monopoly on fight and passion, turns out there has been something called 'Covid-19' in the area as well, and this has had a detrimental impact to their finances.

Sounds like it must be a very local thing, as in amongst posts and comments, no one has mentioned it impacting any other clubs who might have suffered too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Glorious. 
“But it wasn’t me guv” ?

78F6F0BE-B93F-44C9-8A6E-01583938230A.jpeg

They won't acknowledge that though, apparently Joey is 'a gashead' so is immune from suggestion that he has got less out of the players than other people might have done.

• Like 1

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Following my comment that the Fewers thought they had the monopoly on fight and passion, turns out there has been something called 'Covid-19' in the area as well, and this has had a detrimental impact to their finances.

Sounds like it must be a very local thing, as in amongst posts and comments, no one has mentioned it impacting any other clubs who might have suffered too. 

Yes, I’ve heard of this.

Fortunately no other club in the entire league have had their finances effected or had to play behind closed doors.

Poor babies, they’ve had it so so tough, it’s not fair!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

But he’s Joey Barton he’s played in a standard Bristol Rovers have never been in. I’m glad the bottom dwellers suck it up. Wouldn’t surprise me if they went non league again 

You mean division 5 in gas speak ?

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They won't acknowledge that though, apparently Joey is 'a gashead' so is immune from suggestion that he has got less out of the players than other people might have done.

One of the funniest things about all this is that the majority of those ******* dumbos have decided they’re going to hero worship Barton despite absolutely slating him in the past. The guy who has taken them down without a whimper and now there’s nothing they can do to save face without looking like the massive hypocrites we know they are ?

Loving the fact that there’s plenty of hilarity on Social Media from fans of other clubs who, no doubt, would’ve had no real opinion about the Gas until they gave a job to that thug.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

One of the funniest things about all this is that the majority of those ******* dumbos have decided they’re going to hero worship Barton despite absolutely slating him in the past. The guy who has taken them down without a whimper and now there’s nothing they can do to save face without looking like the massive hypocrites we know they are ?

Loving the fact that there’s plenty of hilarity on Social Media from fans of other clubs who, no doubt, would’ve had no real opinion about the Gas until they gave a job to that thug.

I love how the scum, overdrawn and quartered are hanging on Jaily Birdon’s every word. Hilarious that they are all putting those three letters at the end of their posts (no point in me writing it as the OTIB filter corrects it to what it should be) when the Gash have literally just done the opposite of “Up”. ??? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Harry said:

Glorious. 
“But it wasn’t me guv” ?

78F6F0BE-B93F-44C9-8A6E-01583938230A.jpeg

More impressive is the job JFH has done with Burton, and the Wigan U23 team and the Wombles respective forms. Given that Swindon were above the line, were they claiming the league title at that point?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

More impressive is the job JFH has done with Burton, and the Wigan U23 team and the Wombles respective forms. Given that Swindon were above the line, were they claiming the league title at that point?

Yep. Jimmy has a 20 point swing on Joey over the same period. 
Brilliant. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Does Joey's contract get cancelled if he is sentenced to a few years in Horfield in the summer?

There has been very little discussion of this anywhere, JB is either a great bluffer or he more confidence in his defence team than in his teams defence! :) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Please tell me someone still has the link of the old guy in the car predicting prem league in 5 years after the takeover??? 

Someone still has the link of the old guy in the car predicting prem league in 5 years after the takeover.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

`Ground, ground, ground, they forgot about the team`

Oh wait, they forgot about the ground as well!

#backoneleagueabovewheretheybelong

Like a snooker player who misses the pot whilst concentrating on position. Forgot about the ground, the team, the infrastructure, the training ground etc......instead concentrating on their position in League 2. Bravo!!

36 minutes ago, Tre Bong said:

Was just watching a non football related You Tube channel when this this little beauty popped up in the chat.

20210424_220410.jpg

Yeah because everything they have done this season (and the last five years!) suggests they will easily build a squad capable of promotion from league 2 to the championship for less money in transfer fees than people pay for a kit-kat.

Edited by cityal
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, cityal said:

Yeah becaause everything they have done this season (and the last five years!) suggests they will easily build a squad capable of promotion from league 2 to the championship for less money in transfer fees than people pay for a kit-kat.

Only an out of date Kit Kat though

38 minutes ago, Tre Bong said:

Was just watching a non football related You Tube channel when this this little beauty popped up in the chat.

20210424_220410.jpg

I read that and heard “unlucky da shit’s” voice in my head. He goes on to say “a new stadium is on it’s way, what more could you want ?”

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, old parkender said:

Absolutely mental

64A49F50-35C4-49D3-A298-7B65BC45B694.jpeg

What type of crayon chewing window licker posts such absolute non sense?!? It is their refusal to ever accept the truth which makes them the utter laughing stock they truly are and in doing so rubbing the noses of a Crawley or a Harrogate on any other of the teams in League Two in not showing any respect to these teams.

A couple of wins and the sags are marching into the play offs, or they're bigger than Norwich or that they are a well supported team yet they can't even manage to sell out a 12,000 seater outdated rugby ground.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Swede said:

What type of crayon chewing window licker posts such absolute non sense?!? It is their refusal to ever accept the truth which makes them the utter laughing stock they truly are and in doing so rubbing the noses of a Crawley or a Harrogate on any other of the teams in League Two in not showing any respect to these teams.

A couple of wins and the sags are marching into the play offs, or they're bigger than Norwich or that they are a well supported team yet they can't even manage to sell out a 12,000 seater outdated rugby ground.

It’s either a mischievous “Ted”; in which case it is very clever. Or it’s a genuine Gastard who is so delusional they are making me cry with laughter so much that the tears are running down me trouser legs...

2 hours ago, Swede said:

Well hopefully it could very well be a long time before they "experience such a downfall", for a start they've got to get back to L1!

"We are one million strong". We know that they're prone to exaggeration but this is a whole new level of delusion.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

I took "one million strong" to mean that that's their transfer budget for the next 5 years (because everything is in 5 years time...)

It can't mean anything else. There definitely isn't a million of them around the world. Only other explanation is that their calculator is broken.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, old parkender said:

Absolutely mental

64A49F50-35C4-49D3-A298-7B65BC45B694.jpeg

It’s this exact type of bullshit and bluster that is the reason people actively celebrate their downfalls rather than not giving a shit. They speak a special type of language up at Chernobyl and as others have said two or three wins on the spin next season and it will be back to “pissing leagues” on their way up to the Prem.

Even by their previous attempts at mathematics “one million strong” is so stupid that I would take the bastards crayons off him for a fortnight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, WessexPest said:

It’s either a mischievous “Ted”; in which case it is very clever. Or it’s a genuine Gastard who is so delusional they are making me cry with laughter so much that the tears are running down me trouser legs...

It’s a “Bristol Rovers and Everton” supporter.........