IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, Swede said:

Did I here their summeriser say 3k on their big day out was their biggest away following for over twenty years. That can't be right surely. There must be thousands locked out.

Didn't they have more than that when we last beat them in the paint pot?

It's not like they exaggerate their support after all.

Edited by Ska Junkie

13 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Didn`t they take about a million to Chelsea in the Wally derby a couple of years ago?

Oh wait, they didn`t sell out their allocation............................

Strange - according to that tool GasGoMarchingIn on the Man City forum after we took 8k to the Etihad they should have been allocated the whole of Stamford Bridge, such was the demand for tickets. ?

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

well done derby !

Big day out for them, playing games in grounds that don’t have canvas tents.

Another penalty, but a hammering.

2 points from their last 9 for the bloke who likes to tell other managers how to do it

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Strange - according to that tool GasGoMarchingIn on the Man City forum after we took 8k to the Etihad they should have been allocated the whole of Stamford Bridge, such was the demand for tickets. ?

A Gashead posting on Man City’s forum?

I don’t remember that mate…

Oh wait, wasn’t that one of those threads where some opposition fans were very complimentary about our away support? 

76AA2497-6A1F-4D89-9C60-0553477A18CD.jpeg.3debd7a048cf2289da1071e0256c81de.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Oh wait, wasn’t that one of those threads where some opposition fans were very complimentary about our away support? 

Ouch..! 

The truth is, that simple, precise, politely put response, probably cuts them deeper than anything else could have done! 

Well played that man..! 

14 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Aye, that was the pranny in question.

dA sHEEDS mAY oF tOOK 8,000 tO mANCHESTER bUT wE tOOK hALF tHAT nUMBER tO a mUCH cLOSER aWAY dAY!!!

Edited by WessexPest
  • Haha 1

They just can't help themselves can they?

I had to laugh on the way home listening to Radio Bristol before the sags big day out, they interviewed a couple, one with blue hair (FFS) and when asked what in their opinion has lead to the upturn in form, blue hair replied blankly, I don't know. The other was asked a score prediction and he was easily expecting a win despite their being two leagues between the clubs last season or the fact that their opponents are one of the biggest clubs in that league. Hilarious. Especially when that fourth goal went in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Swede said:

They just can't help themselves can they?

I had to laugh on the way home listening to Radio Bristol before the sags big day out, they interviewed a couple, one with blue hair (FFS) and when asked what in their opinion has lead to the upturn in form, blue hair replied blankly, I don't know. The other was asked a score prediction and he was easily expecting a win despite their being two leagues between the clubs last season or the fact that their opponents are one of the biggest clubs in that league. Hilarious. Especially when that fourth goal went in.

That was a blue rinse?

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Hope they lose 8-0 and are stuck in traffic for hours. Then go bust . Shithouses 

You may have enjoyed being around Southey Park yesterday morning . Our double decker coach left there at 9, Just under an hour later , we had travelled around 100 yards the coach got jammed in a side street. A couple of us did think may be a sign of a bad day ahead!

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You may have enjoyed being around Southey Park yesterday morning . Our double decker coach left there at 9, Just under an hour later , we had travelled around 100 yards the coach got jammed in a side street. A couple of us did think may be a sign of a bad day ahead!

The driver must have thought "park the bus" was on Joey's tactics board .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Maybe if we had we wouldn't have got such a hiding!

Good to hear you admit that, I listened to the last 20 minutes of the game on my way home from relatives, and you would think you were winning 4-2 from the way the commentators were talking you up.

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Good to hear you admit that, I listened to the last 20 minutes of the game on my way home from relatives, and you would think you were winning 4-2 from the way the commentators were talking you up.

I think the way we play will mean that we get a few hidings. I thought the game against Wednesday could easily have panned out the same way had they taken early chances, as it happened I was thinking we would pinch it near the end. That was never the case yesterday, poor defending meant the game was effectively over in the first half, although we were much better in the second half and had Sinclair's half chance gone in, well you really never do know with Rovers at the moment.

A few of us were chatting on the coach on the way up and to a man we agreed we would rather see Rovers trying to play they do and accept that now and then we will get caught out , and believe me, at 3-0 down it looked like we were on for a VERY heavy defeat, than seeing us parking the bus and trying to grind out some kind of result.

I won't get drawn into any kind of debate about Joey Barton as a man, but I think he is a very astute coach and , when given the right players, really can work wonders with a team. It is actually enjoyable watching us play at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, pillred said:

Well, you saw and as I expected the Swansea fans were allowed out at the same time as us and what a stupid thing that turned out to be.

The Swansea fans had not moved at all by the time I’d descended to the concourse so they never left the same time as we did 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

The Swansea fans had not moved at all by the time I’d descended to the concourse so they never left the same time as we did 

I think it would be fair to say you are the only person in the entire crowd that thinks that, some MAY have chosen to remain in the Ateo after the final whistle but the majority were swarming all over the roads and park by the time I left a few minutes after the game finished, as I said to you in my earlier post stop digging because at this rate you'll be enjoying a fosters on Bondi beach by midday.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, pillred said:

I think it would be fair to say you are the only person in the entire crowd that thinks that, some MAY have chosen to remain in the Ateo after the final whistle but the majority were swarming all over the roads and park by the time I left a few minutes after the game finished, 

That was completely irresponsible of the police to allow them to leave in that fashion given the history between the clubs. It’s almost unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Wait a minute, you said it never happened?

Jeez………….:facepalm:

I never saw any Swansea fans leaving at the same time as I did - others have reported that there was trouble in the Ashton Rd/Greville Smyth park post match but my route to the car doesn’t go that way. I walk along the Winterstoke Rd.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Jeez………….:facepalm:

I never saw any Swansea fans leaving at the same time as I did - others have reported that there was trouble in the Ashton Rd/Greville Smyth park post match but my route to the car doesn’t go that way. I walk along the Winterstoke Rd.

You said the Police were irresponsible for allowing them to leave, yet earlier you insisted Swansea fans are never released at the same time as home fans.

You just make things up as you go along.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Soooo….why do they rarely fill the small ground they’ve already got then? ?‍♂️

Deluded clowns, they deserve every bit of mocking they receive.

Listen to this sad Sag

Obviously being a derby fan you wouldn’t know much about our away support and how we do have a big following and yep home ground not as big as yours but if we had stadium like your think you find we would fill it and 3100 fans at yours made your ground look full even more
  • Haha 2

So, if 75% of football fans in Bristol (being kind to them here, it`s probably more than that) support us and we don`t sell out 25k every week how would they sell out 30k? Obviously thousands of City fans would go over to them because they had a shiny new stadium as, as we all know, football fans are notorious for changing their allegiance at the drop of a hat.

#gaslogic at it`s finest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It seems the day did get worse for some Rovers fans when they bumped into Swindon ?

On 14/10/2022 at 11:12, The Gasbuster said:

Sag cars are each worth less than £100, so they might as well just leave them there.

This Melt left a message on Awaydays Facebook praising Millwall when they beat us. Why would you make your child wear that Sweatshirt if you were a Sag!?!? Cruel!!

Screenshot_20221030-184410_Facebook.thumb.jpg.db6bfd830951110b489c610fadebf393.jpg

• Haha 5

Just now, CiderJar said:

Apart from four goals conceded they were the better team, which is a relief because for a moment there I thought they weren't coming for us.

image.thumb.png.e504dfb0216099cd04694adc366bdb3b.png

If you ever come across a Gashead who gets rather angry when you refer to their supporters as being ‘totally deluded’ then just show them this post.

It’s what they do……

7 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

If you ever come across a Gashead who gets rather angry when you refer to their supporters as being ‘totally deluded’ then just show them this post.

It’s what they do……

Mate that’s nothing.

We haven’t seen this nugget for at least 10 pages….on a par with ‘Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal’ you know.

4DC8EBD3-559F-45CB-891B-0BA7AB9B9214.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Mate that’s nothing.

We haven’t seen this nugget for at least 10 pages….on a par with ‘Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal’ you know.

not long after posting this he was detained indefinitely under the Mental Health Act, no one could be this silly and be allowed to roam free

Mate that’s nothing.

Their delusion has no boundaries.

Those clubs may have won dozens of League titles, FA Cups and European Cups, but they haven’t won the Watney Cup or the Gloucestershire Cup.

Definitely on par.

24 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Another one. All together now:

YOU DID NOT TAKE OVER 40K YOU INBRED SIX FINGERED MELT

Thats not an opinion, it’s just counting.

Not long to go now. They're up over 40K in an attendance of 47K. Another year or 2 and it will be over 50K but the turnstles weren't counting them in properly...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

58 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There seems to be some discrepancy between delusional fan and Club. Just found this , so unless out of the other  4400 that were sold , they somehow managed to sell 16,000 the numbers don't add up.

You don't think they could be lying or fantasising do you ????

1829645152_Screenshot2022-10-31at09_23_21.png.f22d80cc3b35f05c1b0ffcf2accc44b0.png

105621603_Screenshot2022-10-31at09_16_21.png.4d34ab56cdb9718bd26655b1d85f840b.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

They took 40k, but 20k were locked out and received life bans for something that was somebody else’s fault and absolutely nothing at all to do with the family club.

Here’s a question worth pondering……..

If Bristol Rovers are the famous quarters, loved throughout the land, a lot of clubs ‘2nd team’ and loved more than ‘da shit’……why do they constantly feel victimised?

The GasLogic can’t add up? I’ve been trying get the right answer, but when I type it into the supercomputer I just seem to get the answer ‘deluded c**ts’.

Maybe one of our victimised, family club, loved by all Gashead posters can solve this conundrum?

7 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Here’s a question worth pondering……..

If Bristol Rovers are the famous quarters, loved throughout the land, a lot of clubs ‘2nd team’ and loved more than ‘da shit’……why do they constantly feel victimised?

The GasLogic can’t add up? I’ve been trying get the right answer, but when I type it into the supercomputer I just seem to get the answer ‘deluded c**ts’.

Maybe one of our victimised, family club, loved by all Gashead posters can solve this conundrum?

Doesn't seem to be a lot of love for the "team" in da faymuss corterzzz from Derby fans after Saturday's game.

I wonder why ?

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

There seems to be some discrepancy between delusional fan and Club. Just found this , so unless out of the other  4400 that were sold , they somehow managed to sell 16,000 the numbers don't add up.

You don't think they could be lying or fantasising do you ????

1829645152_Screenshot2022-10-31at09_23_21.png.f22d80cc3b35f05c1b0ffcf2accc44b0.png

105621603_Screenshot2022-10-31at09_16_21.png.4d34ab56cdb9718bd26655b1d85f840b.png

Haha, brilliant…and that’s from their club.

2 days before the Final they had sold 24000 tickets but according to those bullshitting bastards they sold another 16 THOUSAND tickets in 48 hours. ?

Yeah, course you did.

Pounders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Talking of attendance figures, how many will be turning up for today's "kick-off"?

Joey Barton arrives at court for assault trial after he ‘kicked wife and left her with golf ball-sized lump on her head’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20273702/joey-barton-assault-trial-kicked-wife/

8000 locked out. Hopefully 1 locked up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Haha, brilliant…and that’s from their club.

2 days before the Final they had sold 24000 tickets but according to those bullshitting bastards they sold another 16 THOUSAND tickets in 48 hours. ?

Yeah, course you did.

Pounders.

The attendance for the game was 47,029.

Therefore the absolute maximum that the 15ers could have taken is 28,472 and that's only in the highly unlikely event that every single one of the tickets sold after this story was bought by a 15er.

• Like 2