IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

You are of course right about speculation Nettie and Miah.How about the speculation that Daniel Stendel just fell over in the tunnel as Barton was passing?Without knowing the facts do you believe Barton had nothing to do with it?Honest answers and no fence sitting please.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slacker said:

You are of course right about speculation Nettie and Miah.How about the speculation that Daniel Stendel just fell over in the tunnel as Barton was passing?Without knowing the facts do you believe Barton had nothing to do with it?Honest answers and no fence sitting please.

Not even given a yellow card !

16 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Just listened to him on Points West and away from football banter it’s really sad to hear that three of his four children were born deaf which would be hard for any parent to deal with and puts life into perspective.

Back in the day, we had a very unpolitically correct song about that. ?

23 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Anyone heard anything about the Fruit Market lately?

With interest rates on the rise is the appetite to undertake a big building project still there and would finding a fixed priced contractor be more difficult 

it was finished over a year ago .

23 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Heard similar

12 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well if two of you heard it, it must be true :)

I have to agree with Miah here, it was hearsay when Hill left a week after the incident.

"Oh, it must have been because of the alleged incident"

No actual evidence, just fans putting 2+2 together, and then it becomes facts.

Although, it wouldn't surprise me if it was actually true, although I do admit that I have 0 evidence.....

Edited by Marcus Aurelius

15 hours ago, Pearsonistheman said:

"Last week marked 22 years since the last time Rovers were above City in the league pyramid, a statistic gleefully classified by supporters in the south as “The Gap” and as the Robins have spent 14 seasons as a Championship team in that period, the Gas have been unable to get out of League One"

I beg to differ. Even had a spell as a non league side 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

"Last week marked 22 years since the last time Rovers were above City in the league pyramid, a statistic gleefully classified by supporters in the south as “The Gap” and as the Robins have spent 14 seasons as a Championship team in that period, the Gas have been unable to get out of League One"

I beg to differ. Even had a spell as a non league side 

Yes I've always found them to be quite good at getting out of League One

2 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

4,600 ?

Hilariously meagre attendance for the tinpot scum. Still I’m sure they’ll shout “SQUIRREL” and obsess over our following at the Riverside.

What a pathetic bunch of flanges the Abandoned Tent City mob are.

Wouldn’t crow too much as be interesting to see what we get on Tuesday 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

South Shields stadium actually better than Sags! 

Christ, let's please not start compiling a list of who has a better stadium that Rovers. 

We will miss the whole bloody World Cup by adding to the topic..! 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, WessexPest said:

4,600 ?

Hilariously meagre attendance for the tinpot scum. Still I’m sure they’ll shout “SQUIRREL” and obsess over our following at the Riverside.

What a pathetic bunch of flanges the Abandoned Tent City mob are.

So did they take more away than they managed at home?

wE hAVE a mUCH bETTER aWAY sUPPORT tHAN u sHEEDS dO wHEN wE cHERRY pICK rANDOM gAMES tHAT yOU pLAY iN mIDWEEK eVERY sEASON dE rIGEUR aND fOR uS iS a sATURDAY cUP fINAL, pLUS sUCH bASELESS cLAIMS dISTRACT aTTENTION fROM tHE fACT oUR hOME cROWDS aRE aBSOLUTE dOGMEAT!!!!

• Haha 1

On 04/11/2022 at 11:14, Slacker said:

Well that's the thing isn't it, I don't know the facts, only how they have been reported. Bearing in mind Stendel's testimony and injuries, do I think Barton had something to do with it? Yes , probably, but that doesn't mean I necessarily think Barton beat the bloke up and I do genuinely think that any reporting involving Barton would tend to paint him as the villain because that's an easy story to sell. In a very, very, very  small way, I have had personal experience of creative reporting after the death of my daughter (this was a long time ago) and in this case it was trying to over egg the pathos, I guess in an attempt to make a sad story even sadder. My point being, that I think , often, a journalist will decide on the story they want to write and then try to make the facts fit that story.

As it stands ,the facts are that Barton hasn't been found guilty and it should be left at that.  People generally and many football fans in particular can be terribly hypocritical and will choose to highlight or ignore stories about their personal  heroes and villains, Rovers fans and City fans and fans of every other football club, are no different in this respect.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well that's the thing isn't it, I don't know the facts, only how they have been reported. Bearing in mind Stendel's testimony and injuries, do I think Barton had something to do with it? Yes , probably, but that doesn't mean I necessarily think Barton beat the bloke up and I do genuinely think that any reporting involving Barton would tend to paint him as the villain because that's an easy story to sell. In a very, very, very  small way, I have had personal experience of creative reporting after the death of my daughter (this was a long time ago) and in this case it was trying to over egg the pathos, I guess in an attempt to make a sad story even sadder. My point being, that I think , often, a journalist will decide on the story they want to write and then try to make the facts fit that story.

As it stands ,the facts are that Barton hasn't been found guilty and it should be left at that.  People generally and many football fans in particular can be terribly hypocritical and will choose to highlight or ignore stories about their personal  heroes and villains, Rovers fans and City fans and fans of every other football club, are no different in this respect.

You make some valid points Miah.Very sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter.