IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

who else could have a bouncy castle with tarmac to bounce their kids on?  thats got to be a dumbarton idea

Officer…”so mr Barton, how did your wife sustain these bruises and a particularly large bump on her head?”

Barton…”well officer, we were having a great time on the bouncy castle and then my wife got a bit over confident, tried a double somersault and then fell ass over tit onto the hard tarmac”

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Take your pick ?

0F637B5F-EB95-4D39-A037-4C54E49725DB.jpeg

Is that them celebrating storming back into the League, by being 2nd best team in the Conference, then needing a Penalty shootout to beat Grimsby ?

Oh on side note. I Googled when they reached the Playoff final and Google came up trumps. 
First pic the question pops up, 2nd the answer :clap:

2023034204_Screenshot2023-01-20at09_07_01.png.b2d92e36c372f87214a3f25dc4d143e1.png

1928812316_Screenshot2023-01-20at09_07_39.png.5d2ed80328cf5dc7ce9559e11a2083b6.png

11 hours ago, Slacker said:

That huge turn out by the fans is almost as impressive as the hoardes that lined the streets for their open top bus parade.Have'nt got the picture so if someone could oblige I am sure we would all enjoy a reminder of the passion on display that day.

One of these pictures is a victory parade for the self proclaimed ‘Peoples club of Bristol’ 

Bristol’s version of Boca Juniors. ?

The other picture is City.

Can you spot the difference? 

EC192CBF-4DD2-4BD8-9281-0C857CE9E28D.jpeg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Take your pick ?

0FF4DDFE-4E61-4284-AD17-BFCB1957197F.jpeg

0F637B5F-EB95-4D39-A037-4C54E49725DB.jpeg

The top picture is an all time favourite of mine. If you ignore the Bristol rivalry and forget Rovers for a minute, there is so much going on to enjoy when you zoom in. It is a masterpiece, almost a parody from the Mike Bassett film.

First the road they are on. No one in sight, a real tumbleweed moment, not even a stray dog. It is as though aliens have kidnapped the population.

The lack of public has clearly affected those on board. Even the photographer has given up.

The glum faces remind me of a long delayed flight home from a holiday. Phones are being scrolled in an attempt to relieve the boredom.

I expect there were a few fans to cheer them up just around the corner, but in this photo I actually feel sorry for the players, whoever arranged this should have limited the open top part of it to a very short route that guaranteed someone to wave at. Or maybe they did...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Is that them celebrating storming back into the League, by being 2nd best team in the Conference, then needing a Penalty shootout to beat Grimsby ?

Oh on side note. I Googled when they reached the Playoff final and Google came up trumps. 
First pic the question pops up, 2nd the answer :clap:

2023034204_Screenshot2023-01-20at09_07_01.png.b2d92e36c372f87214a3f25dc4d143e1.png

1928812316_Screenshot2023-01-20at09_07_39.png.5d2ed80328cf5dc7ce9559e11a2083b6.png

Yes, that's the one !

The game that should never have got to pens in the first place, had their keeper been rightly sent off after 10 minutes !

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

The top picture is an all time favourite of mine. If you ignore the Bristol rivalry and forget Rovers for a minute, there is so much going on to enjoy when you zoom in. It is a masterpiece, almost a parody from the Mike Bassett film.

First the road they are on. No one in sight, a real tumbleweed moment, not even a stray dog. It is as though aliens have kidnapped the population.

The lack of public has clearly affected those on board. Even the photographer has given up.

The glum faces remind me of a long delayed flight home from a holiday. Phones are being scrolled in an attempt to relieve the boredom.

I expect there were a few fans to cheer them up just around the corner, but in this photo I actually feel sorry for the players, whoever arranged this should have limited the open top part of it to a very short route that guaranteed someone to wave at. Or maybe they did...

It is indeed.

Thanks for posting this again, because I have just noticed something for the first time.

Is that a SECOND Sag bus trailing behind in the distance ?

Again, nobody surrounding it or taking any interest at all. Just priceless.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

It is indeed.

Thanks for posting this again, because I have just noticed something for the first time.

Great spot!

20 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

It is indeed.

Look what happened the following year…

They realised it was pointless trying again ?

058E173A-5505-4A3A-9C1E-3C31D5FE07E5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ever wanted to drink your tea out of a mug with a convicted felon on but your local was out of Fred West cups?

Ever wanted to drink your tea out of a mug with a really bad illustration possibly infringing on DC trademarks?

Look no further…

Jesus wept :facepalm:

43 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ever wanted to drink your tea out of a mug with a convicted felon on but your local was out of Fred West cups?

Ever wanted to drink your tea out of a mug with a really bad illustration possibly infringing on DC trademarks?

Look no further…

Also available, this t-shirt...

Deacon Blue Shirt - Etsy Hong Kong

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Look no further…

The word is Tinpot.

Looks like "Super Joy" as the mug who designed this looks like it forgot the "E"  

Comical.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Look no further…

Mug on a mug

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

The most well-meaning, but horribly backfiring, children's TV idea ever. 

Just found it on youtube RR, Joey Deacon, it was horrific! 

I had forgotten it was on Blue Peter, what on earth were they thinking?

Edited by Ska Junkie

On 17/01/2023 at 11:06, Deluded Sag said:

I genuinely thought the guy at the front was a Fleetwood fan when I saw the photo. You'll need to change the shirt for next season when you play them in the league after your forthcoming relegation. 

Ah, so you’ve finally owned up to what you are. What kind of coward pretends to be a City fan or at least a neutral and then is outed as a Scum fan? Comical. You’re fortunate your nauseating stench is tolerated around these parts - I’d love to register on A$$hat and wind up the unwashed, semi-literate peasants who frequent that internet equivalent of the Walton Hop but no interlopers are tolerated - probably because the truth hurts.

We’re not currently playing like a team in danger of the drop; and you’ve been relegated twice since we last were.

At least you won’t have to endure the Rent Boys losing tomorrow as your Championship-ready sprinklers have frozen solid.

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

On 19/01/2023 at 07:31, Slacker said:

I vote to keep Ashton Hero on here.I think he is great fun.Nettie and Miah are always interesting with their take on things but Ashton Hero is entertaining in his way too.

Yes, provided posters aren’t breaking the rules I don’t think banning is a good idea - too many people go on about free speech but only want free speech they agree with.

Gastards are welcome to spout their rubbish - it’s good comedy. Plus, no censorship - we are better than them.

• Like 6

Just called their game off tomorrow, Wycombe are unbeaten right back to November against sides outside of the top 3 & the sun is shining brightly at present, but apparently their “brilliant” playing surface is unplayable.

Interestingly at present no other football league game is off.

Have a lot of previous for this, don’t they?

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just called their game off tomorrow, Wycombe are unbeaten right back to November against sides outside of the top 3 & the sun is shining brightly at present, but apparently their “brilliant” playing surface is unplayable.

Have a lot of previous for this, don’t they?

Up to their old tricks again.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Look no further…

AB3F5EA2-6936-430D-8A5A-96D3B9086C96.thumb.jpeg.03c84bf2651cd78fe654513abac484c8.jpeg

“HEY, NICK O’TEEN! STOP GIVING CHEWING TOBACCO TO THOSE GORMLESS KIDS!”

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Up to their old tricks again.

Fortunately for the phew, it won't cost them anyhing like it would most clubs.

The food they sell is already out of date so another week or two in storage won't hurt.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't get them postponing the game, it's been a bit cold and a bit damp but conditions have been worse this year than they have been in the last 24/48 hours.

What happened to the fantastic playing surface and the championship ready sprinkler system? 

I guess they must have some injuries, though when they cheated to avoid Stockport that time it was because their opponents were on a 10 match unbeaten (winning?) run (games took place at Eastville park on the same day!) & when they called their league game off before the second leg of the JPT with us (when Lambert scored) it was clearly so they had a free weekend whilst we played up at Oldham.

Remember being due to play them around ‘84 at Eastville, their goalie was injured so they said their pitch was “waterlogged”, I lived in St. George at the time & it hadn’t rained in 2 days.

It’s what they do.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I guess they must have some injuries, though when they cheated to avoid Stockport that time it was because their opponents were on a 10 match unbeaten (winning?) run (games took place at Eastville park on the same day!) & when they called their league game off before the second leg of the JPT with us (when Lambert scored) it was clearly so they had a free weekend whilst we played up at Oldham.

Remember being due to play them around ‘84 at Eastville, their goalie was injured so they said their pitch was “waterlogged”, I lived in St. George at the time & it hadn’t rained in 2 days.

It’s what they do.

New signings to bed in. Cancelled because standing water that was "left on the pitch" had frozen. How can the "best pitch in the football league" be in that state?

• Like 1

I have to say I'm surprised that a club can just call a game off with a feeble excuse.

I thought the ref had to make that call to ensure they are not taking the piss and don't want to face a good team because they don't fancy it, or have injuries.

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I have to say I'm surprised that a club can just call a game off with a feeble excuse.

I thought the ref had to make that call to ensure they are not taking the piss and don't want to face a good team because they don't fancy it, or have injuries.

It was a ref who called it off......................who has no control over the pitch being left in an unplayable position with frozen standing water all over it somehow.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It was a ref who called it off......................who has no control over the pitch being left in an unplayable position with frozen standing water all over it somehow.

All those salty tears from yet another defeat to Stanley and our wins over Brum and the mutton molesters.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, BS3City said:

There's a fiddle going on here. Even thirty plus years ago we've covered our surface to ensure the game went ahead. Perhaps they'd be better off watching the local weather forecast on TV rather than Babestation.

Absolute tossers...

It's incredible to call it off now, been 8 or 9degC this afternoon so it's not like it could have been frozen solid? Any remaining frost could have been locally thawed surely and then covered over night. Tinpot doesn't do this justice

• Like 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

It's incredible to call it off now, been 8 or 9degC this afternoon so it's not like it could have been frozen solid? Any remaining frost could have been locally thawed surely and then covered over night. Tinpot doesn't do this justice

Forecast is for milder conditions overnight and into tomorrow 

I suspect it was more to do with stopping Wycombe travelling 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BS3City said:

There's a fiddle going on here. Even thirty plus years ago we've covered our surface to ensure the game went ahead. Perhaps they'd be better off watching the local weather forecast on TV rather than Babestation.

Absolute tossers...

they cant do that,they used their pitch covers to make a stand a few years back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

it was clearly so they had a free weekend whilst we played up at Oldham.

Close….we were at Blackpool, won 1-0 Wayne Andrews iirc.

Didn't they also get the original Trumpton fixture postponed in 89/90 when we were on fire* and Bob Taylor wasn’t injured? 

*no pun intended

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Look no further…

It say,s bag on the back.

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Close….we were at Blackpool, won 1-0 Wayne Andrews iirc.

Didn't they also get the original Trumpton fixture postponed in 89/90 when we were on fire* and Bob Taylor wasn’t injured? 

*no pun intended

Yes called off and moved to the second of may which they still **** over now 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

It’s what they do.

Didn’t they sign on Bob Wilson on loan who was about 40 then and the only  active thing he was doing was reading the autocue on Football focus.I’m sure the “impartial” ref who called the game off was the gashead who ran the newsagents next to giovannis at temple meads.Steve ?

Everything about that club winds me up.It did then and I’m 52 now.I’m sure those ***** will give me a heart attack one day.Thank god for this thread so we can release our pent up feelings.Such good therapy.ftg

1 minute ago, Victory Park Reds said:

Didn’t they sign on Bob Wilson on loan who was about 40 then and the only  active thing he was doing was reading the autocue on Football focus.I’m sure the “impartial” ref who called the game off was the gashead who ran the newsagents next to giovannis at temple meads.Steve ?

Everything about that club winds me up.It did then and I’m 52 now.I’m sure those ***** will give me a heart attack one day.Thank god for this thread so we can release our pent up feelings.Such good therapy.ftg

That all rings a bell, undoubtedly the local ref who called it off today will be someone from Fishponds or Kingswood..

Weird how things stick in your head, Ron Green was the injured goalie in ‘84 or so.

FTG indeed.

• Like 2

• Admin
52 minutes ago, daored said:

Playing Wycombe, could call it off at 10 in the morning tomorrow and not impact either the away fans or team. Would understand if playing a northern team , could give benefit of doubt but not a club c.100 mile away 

Surely the team would have stayed in Bristol tonight? 

Isn't there a ruling about a home team paying expenses for the away side? 

Certainly wouldn want to be paying out twice 

1 hour ago, HitchinRed said:

Funny how the Bristol Bears match tonight at Ashton Gate hasn’t been impacted by the freezing conditions or flooding. Indeed, I’ve just heard the commentators describe the pitch as being in excellent condition.

And our pitch just 4 miles apart will be fit enough to play 2 games less than 24 hours apart.

Intact we then have a women's football game on Wednesday followed by another football game on Saturday, FA cup

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Surely the team would have stayed in Bristol tonight? 

Isn't there a ruling about a home team paying expenses for the away side? 

Certainly wouldn want to be paying out twice 

Didn’t know that about the home team paying expenses. Is that for all leagues?

Edited by daored

32 minutes ago, RedM said:

And our pitch just 4 miles apart will be fit enough to play 2 games less than 24 hours apart.

Intact we then have a women's football game on Wednesday followed by another football game on Saturday, FA cup

I think you’re being rather unfair. You must remember that the Rovers pitch is closer to the North Pole than ours. 

• Haha 1