IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

21 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Is @Deluded Sagstill smarting from that obliteration Morecambe dished out? It’s not like a Fewer to go missing after giving it loads of chirp and then watching his team (from the comfort of his pavement) get put back in their place……..:

If it was Phillips posting as suggested by some then it didn't help that the gas keeper had a bit of a 'mare'.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Is @Deluded Sagstill smarting from that obliteration Morecambe dished out? It’s not like a Fewer to go missing after giving it loads of chirp and then watching his team (from the comfort of his pavement) get put back in their place……..:

Don’t disagree with you at all but his silence coincided with him being sussed as Flapper a couple of days before Morecombe gave Joey five ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Aaron Collins posting cryptic messages on instagram got all the belters up in arms 

Lets sign him just for shits and giggles 

What? And have another decade of "that lady garden only bought 'im to stop us getting promoted, just like the snake" etc etc.....

8 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Aaron Collins posting cryptic messages on instagram got all the belters up in arms 

Lets sign him just for shits and giggles 

But surely Where’s Wally has a gentleman’s agreement with Steve Lansdown to prevent that from ever happening again.

**** it, let’s do it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreedyHarry said:

But surely Where’s Wally has a gentleman’s agreement with Steve Lansdown to prevent that from ever happening again.

**** it, let’s do it?

What's Lansdown getting in return for that? 

Hardly like they could bid for any of our first team, is it?

20 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

As I said in my earlier post, I can't believe it was given planning permission with so many objections, I wouldn't mind betting that if this were raised again the objections would double.

Not with the rovers supporting Mayor in office 

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

I can't believe I witnessed this either, but if I have to so do you.

Imagine being next to him for 90 minutes. 

He’d be on his way to hospital well before half time

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

? thought he was going to cry after the fifth went in 

MTG 

He was out in public so had to stroke his head instead ?

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

I bet he collects half and half scarves as well

I dont understand this obsession with filming yourself (over) reacting to everything

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

He was out in public so had to stroke his head instead ?

Ha! What a bellend.

I also can't believe that the world's bestest fans were slagging off their rag arse heroes.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

What a mare being a professional footballer can be, just imagine this happening to you with just five minutes of the transfer window left…..

22:55 Lamare Bogarde [Aston Villa - Bristol Rovers] Loan

He’s the nephew of Winston Bogarde who took Chelsea to the cleaners.  40 grand a week, 4 year contract, played 11 times.  Refused to compromise on his contract.  Used to fly in from Holland, train by himself and fly back again.

50 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Great news Timm 

8A90F5CF-3F05-464B-B465-E0E2B8AC9F5E.jpeg

Except they wouldn’t get a Rubik’s Cube, you just know Mummy and Daddy Gas would only shell out for the cheap and cheerful generic version - Bradshaw’s Snack Box or Blue Square Premier or summat. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malago said:

He’s the nephew of Winston Bogarde who took Chelsea to the cleaners.  40 grand a week, 4 year contract, played 11 times.  Refused to compromise on his contract.  Used to fly in from Holland, train by himself and fly back again.

Was wondering if he was related. Very funny if he shares his uncle's work ethic, I'd be flying to Holland ASAP if I was linked with Bristol Rovers.

2 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Screenshot_20230201_025424_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9d5b89b8c1b12c58d730de73e24bd654.jpg

Kids look embarrassed.

"Dad we don't care that you're covering the walls with wrapping paper, just take that stupid thing off your head, all the kids at school will laugh at us tomorrow!"

Edited by Taz
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Great news Timm 

8A90F5CF-3F05-464B-B465-E0E2B8AC9F5E.jpeg

The reply to this was brilliant, honestly where do they get this shit from? ?

Klose will be way out of our league wage-wise, rumoured to have been on £20k a week at C*ty and has a young family still living in Switzerland so no chance whatsoever

29 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Klose will be way out of our league wage-wise, rumoured to have been on £20k a week at C*ty and has a young family still living in Switzerland so no chance whatsoever

He wasn't on £20k and his family have been living here for a few months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

They believe rumours more than the truth…

It’s what they do

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

We jumped the gun here.

Theyve signed a 25 year old CB from Stockport, who would only give him six month deals as they thought he was a bit ropey.

#comingforus 

This one is particularly random, even for them.

I had never heard of him, so looked him up, he’s only started 6 games this season for Stockport, a mid table L2 team.

He’s not even a Scouser or ex Fleetwood, either.

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

They’re so confused it’s unreal.

One minute they’re mocking us by saying Lansdown only spends his money on the Rugby then the next they’re saying that players like Klose are out of their league because we’re paying them £20K a week ?

Make your mind up you ******* idiots.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I had never heard of him, so looked him up, he’s only started 6 games this season for Stockport, a mid table L2 team.

Another club in the bag for them.

When Ashton is found out at Ipswich he can go to Rovers as they love making pointless signings only to either not play them or have their delightful manager slag them off.

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It smacks of pure desperation.

DumbBarton was spouting about needing 5 more players the other day then fast forward to 10pm on transfer deadline night when it becomes apparent that no one decent wants to join them and they just take a punt on anyone they can get their hands on. ?

Hilarious.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

What a mare being a professional footballer can be, just imagine this happening to you with just five minutes of the transfer window left…..

"Lamare, you're off to Bristol ?..... Rovers ?

Edited by southside
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Except they wouldn’t get a Rubik’s Cube, you just know Mummy and Daddy Gas would only shell out for the cheap and cheerful generic version - Bradshaw’s Snack Box or Blue Square Premier or summat. :)

more like the happy meals toys they collect when leaving kids at home to go to the swamp.

1 hour ago, southside said:

"Lamare, you're off to Bristol ?..... Rovers ?

i swear thats whats happened to their new gk after saturdays performance

On 29/01/2023 at 13:44, In the Net said:

Loanees usually have a large chunk of their wages paid for by the parent club.  As I said, I would prefer developing youth players, however, the majority of League One and Two clubs do rely on having half a dozen players from the loan market - that's the way the finances are managed these days.

Gold star for the club South of the river, who's enormous losses are bankrolled by their billionaire owner - you are not comparing like for like.

I thought your mob was the '6th Richest Club in the country'?

On 29/01/2023 at 19:25, Jim Davey said:

I bumped into a Gashead mate in a petrol station just after the fake sheik had just bought the club ,may of been the same day I can quite crearly remember him telling me that they were one of the riches teams in europe 

Followed by.....'Unlucky Da Shit'!

On 29/01/2023 at 21:46, Lewisdabaron said:

I do like the fact they werent even called Bristol Rovers back in 1883, and  were renamed Rovers AFTER we were called Bristol City- they hate to be reminded of that. 

No, they were called the ultimate non-PC name of 'Black Arabs'. Good to see that in 2023 their code of ethics is still totally shot to pieces!

On 30/01/2023 at 08:48, CiderJar said:

... and the first time was 1920 by which point we had won the second division title, finished runners up in the top division and been in an FA Cup final

.....ah, sorry to correct you, but according to 'Gaslogic' that club died in 1982 and all prior records were expunged and don't count for diddly squat.

16 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

0_GettyImages-1244012419.jpg

Sorry Lamare, it is Bristol ... but it is Bristol Rovers!

The look of a man who has just been sentenced to death.

Just imagine his face when he actually arrives and sees the Cremorial Stay-awaydium.

There'll be a-weeping, a Waeling, and a gnashing of teeth,

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Being a professional athlete he might have gone to bed early then woken up to the news.

Not the best start to a day. Wonder what he did to deserve this.

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It smacks of pure desperation.

DumbBarton was spouting about needing 5 more players the other day then fast forward to 10pm on transfer deadline night when it becomes apparent that no one decent wants to join them and they just take a punt on anyone they can get their hands on. ?

Hilarious.

Imagine being one of the 3 that he said can go, because he is fed up with them. No one has left since then, so you have to imagine they are just hanging around hoping something happens in the summer.

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Edited by Port Said Red