IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I swear it gets worse every tie I see pictures of it.

It's not even that it looks considerably poorer than Wells City's ground. Everything about the Mem seems to be crumbling or falling apart. Rusty, flaky, loose, dirty. And that's just the playing staff!

• Haha 3

Its amazing they remain a league 1 outfit in all honesty their stadium and facilities are so out of date its scary. Even if they got a new stadium confirmed tomorrow it would take 2 seasons to be ready. 

Its funny when we last played them they were chanting how they got their new stadium...nearly 10 years ago now.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Must be lovely washed down with a watery Fanta...

That looks absolutely disgusting. What parent would buy their child that chemical mess full of "E's". Mind you, the same parent makes them go to that dump in the first place.

As they try to copy everything we do where is the free fruit for children to help promote a healthier lifestyle and diet?

Tinpot

19 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Taken from the Away fans review section of the Football Ground Guide website

What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the stadium?

I have to say that Bristol Rovers have some cheek charging £25 to be under canvas and with portaloos as toilets. Disgraceful really. Horrible little ground made up of tents and a cricket pavillion with a small seated stand on one side.

What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the stadium?

How has this place passed health and safety, honestly, its just a clutter of dangerous looking "stands" and tents, proper rusty and I imagine full of asbestos as well, and they have like 11 stands, what's up with that, I get character and all that but honestly what an absolute dump this place is, I have been before but about 4 years prior and I thought the away end was one of the worst in the country can't lie but now I see home fans have it just as bad.

What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the Memorial Stadium?

I have to be honest and say the ground is barely Football League standard and light years away from Ashton Gate. The away facilities are terrible. What's with all the tents?

???

I may have mentioned this before but I know an Argyle season ticket holder and every season half a dozen of them have a weekend away based around away game.

When one or other of them or Rovers were promoted or relegated so that they were in the same league a few years back, I said there's your weekend away sorted: just up the M5 and a good place for a night out.

He said that actually it was permanently off the list because they had been there a few years ago and the facilities for away fans were so terrible that they collectively agreed to never go there again.

I think they went to Charlton that season.

When away football fans refuse to attend because of the state of the ground then you realise quite what an appalling state it's in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I may have mentioned this before but I know an Argyle season ticket holder and every season half a dozen of them have a weekend away based around away game.

When one or other of them or Rovers were promoted or relegated so that they were in the same league a few years back, I said there's your weekend away sorted: just up the M5 and a good place for a night out.

He said that actually it was permanently off the list because they had been there a few years ago and the facilities for away fans were so terrible that they collectively agreed to never go there again.

When away football fans refuse to attend because of the state of the ground then you realise quite what an appalling state it's in.

For their sake let's hope Plymouth get promoted and then your mate can pop up the M5 and do their away day at a proper stadium in Bristol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I think you got away with it.  ?

• Haha 1

They've given up on the mens team promotion push, they are getting a little stiffy now over their ladies team being top of some south west league. 

It is division 5 mind, where have we heard that before?

Mind the gap ladies 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Malago said:

19 points off 6th place. It’s not looking good for that late play off surge.

So if the actual playoff candidates went on a long 100% losing streak it would take the gas half of their remaining games to catch up.

Sheffield Wednesday, leading the division, have scored 2.24 pts per game over the season so far. If the gas manage that for the rest of the season they would be around 5 or 6 pts clear of  the current playoff chasers. It would be almost inconceivable for them to get promoted from where they are now.

I'd like to be the first to wish the gap an early happy birthday for October 2023.

4 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

Ex player and Bristol city fan ain't he? ?

Screenshot_20230308-172522_Facebook.jpg

I can understand the logic of having a legends wall, but why have it on such a decrepit bit of wall, with artwork that looks nothing like him? Surely he deserves a bit more respect 

Edited by pongo88
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I can understand the logic of having a legends wall, but why have it on such a decrepit bit of wall, with artwork that looks nothing like him? Surely he deserves a bit more respect 

Looks more like the guy (whose name escapes me).........he's got the cheeky little smile, just the bag of sweets missing !

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Why don't they use oil paint? They do have plenty of canvas after all.

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

Ex player and Bristol city fan ain't he? ?

Screenshot_20230308-172522_Facebook.jpg

The concept of a legends wall is fine, I will also accept that the likeness won't always be there as we have seen with some infamous sculptures around the world.

But...but..... to paint it straight onto a block wall like that makes it look like graffiti in a multi storey car park.

At least render the wall first and then protect it from the weather. What will it look like in a couple of years time?

Feel for him and wish him all the best.

• Like 3

Anyone noticed how years ago Rovers would have a couple of players who would go on and reach the top flight in their careers and nowadays they have literally zero?

Just came to my mind when I saw the Stewart photo. Last player I can think of that was successful after leaving them was Lambert.

14 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Anyone noticed how years ago Rovers would have a couple of players who would go on and reach the top flight in their careers and nowadays they have literally zero?

Just came to my mind when I saw the Stewart photo. Last player I can think of that was successful after leaving them was Lambert.

Scott Sinclair? Where did he finish up? :) 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, myol'man said:

JCH at Posh, that Welsh **** at Luton. Not exactly churning out top level talent are they? 

Only got a couple gas mates but both were happy to see the back of Lockyer, shows what they know (and me if I’m being honest, I agreed). Although they were probably bitter, whilst I just don’t watch the gash.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius

• Admin
4 hours ago, 2015 said:

Once upon a time Rovers would buy a striker for pennies and turn them into million pound sales, at that time we often bought million pound strikers and turned them into being worth pennies

A long time has passed since then

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

From being blocked to receiving this... there  doesn’t seem to be a "fxxk off bollxxks you're a cxxt" option.

Screenshot_20230309_163200_BTEmail.thumb.jpg.e89a8ac75c0062b016581e601b830d78.jpg

15 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Not sure the “official email” is needed at the top, as Rovers have already cornered the market in scamming their fans. 

As we used to say back in my playground days  - Spaaaaaaam!

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

From being blocked to receiving this... there  doesn’t seem to be a "fxxk off bollxxks you're a cxxt" option.

Screenshot_20230309_163200_BTEmail.thumb.jpg.e89a8ac75c0062b016581e601b830d78.jpg

That "official email" bit, is just the internet version of, "Trust me"....... it ain't gonna happen

• Admin
3 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Apparently people go on a register for visiting sites like this 

1 hour ago, Jim Davey said:

What a load of crap , that looks shite. 

When I saw all the plaudits on social media I thought it was just me missing something, it looks nothing like Marcus Stewart. 

It's borderline insulting because of the condition he has and that was the reason they painted him 

9 hours ago, 2015 said:

Matty Taylor ????

• Like 3