IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 06/05/2023 at 14:52, TheReds said:

What was this? Only asking as a load would have went to a funeral yesterday in Rovers shirts so it could well have been the wake (up the Legion in Kingswood after the funeral)

Nope…..This….IMG_2453.thumb.jpeg.f7c9fa813b621a11bddee7c0e7c392e9.jpeg

• Like 1

I was out with my dogs earlier and there was a Gashead parked up in his car talking on the phone,his conversation went like this "we were by far the better side and didnt deserve to lose the game,Bolton were poor.Bolton have no chance in the playoffs but the other three sides that are also in the playoffs were not very good sides either!"He then went on to say that when their new stand is built ready for next season they will attract fans back that have gone to Ashton Gate.He also mentioned that they would be pushing for top two next season going by how teams played against them this season!!Anyway i had enough of listening to his bullsh!t told him he was typical gas and deluded to which he replied f@@k off sh!thead and enjoy your relegation next season!!

they certainly are a weird bunch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BS13 Robin said:

..... when their new stand is built ready for next season they will attract fans back that have gone to Ashton Gate.....

The only thing that new cattle 'stand' will attract, if it gets built in time, is physios who can charge to fix the stiff necks from peering around all those pillars.

They`re getting a bit twitchy over this seven subs thing. They reckon the ref has agreed they could make an extra one (yeah right) so their aged midfielder could get the oldest player record.

Course that`s exactly what a ref would do, jeopardise his career to satisfy the thug Barton. 

Points deduction incoming hopefully.

47 minutes ago, BS13 Robin said:

I was out with my dogs earlier and there was a Gashead parked up in his car talking on the phone,his conversation went like this "we were by far the better side and didnt deserve to lose the game,Bolton were poor.Bolton have no chance in the playoffs but the other three sides that are also in the playoffs were not very good sides either!"He then went on to say that when their new stand is built ready for next season they will attract fans back that have gone to Ashton Gate.He also mentioned that they would be pushing for top two next season going by how teams played against them this season!!Anyway i had enough of listening to his bullsh!t told him he was typical gas and deluded to which he replied f@@k off sh!thead and enjoy your relegation next season!!

they certainly are a weird bunch

Did he include the fact that it was a Bolton team who made 8 changes, and still beat them?

I can't see anywhere which indicates one of the Bolton players went off with concussion.

So it does seem that they fielded an extra sub, just seems odd that the 4th official and the referee didn't pick up on it.

If they have done, does anyone know the likely punishment ?

I don't remember it happening before.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I can't see anywhere which indicates one of the Bolton players went off with concussion.

So it does seem that they fielded an extra sub, just seems odd that the 4th official and the referee didn't pick up on it.

I'm happy to adjudicate on that decision if they need someone. 

• Haha 10

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Surely not a 12 point deduction….

?

Be the ref who is just as culpable I’d say. Cant imagine a punishment given that it didn’t make a material difference. 

I think they should be allowed 11 subs every week personally. The more influence Dumbarton has on proceedings the better it would appear. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They`re getting a bit twitchy over this seven subs thing. They reckon the ref has agreed they could make an extra one (yeah right) so their aged midfielder could get the oldest player record.

Course that`s exactly what a ref would do, jeopardise his career to satisfy the thug Barton. 

Points deduction incoming hopefully.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheff-wed-remarkable-unknown-rule-26114175?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Rovers had one player go off with concussion giving them an extra sub.

They used seven subs, five were as normal, the 6th was a concussion sub.

Unless Bolton also subbed a player with concussion, giving both teams an extra sub, Rovers appear to have used one sub too many.

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Unless Bolton also subbed a player with concussion, giving both teams an extra sub, Rovers appear to have used one sub too many.

That's how I read it, but I think the rules changed again this season, but can't find anything.

20 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

As opposed to one chromosome too many ?

27 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Bolton's manager said after the match they only picked up one injury a hamstring. Nothing about a concussion.

30 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think there’s been a **** up and they’ve used one too many. But surely all of the management staff and the ref and the fourth official can’t all get it wrong??

11 hours ago, Tyna said:

Bolton's manager said after the match they only picked up one injury a hamstring. Nothing about a concussion.

Maybe they found out he have concussion after he came off when the player referred to the tents as a 'stand'?

• Haha 2

Just now, Laner said:

Maybe they found out he have concussion after he came off when the player referred to the tents as a 'stand'?

One of their coaching staff held up his hand and asked “how many fingers am I holding up”, he didn’t say 6 so they had to bring him off.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Wow! The season has only been over for one day and they are already making incredible progress on the new stand ...

construction-site-square.jpg

In fairness to them the Family enclosure is progressing well

tent-types.webp

• Haha 3

If I read a post on their forum correctly, they are going to start to dismantle the temporary stands they have at the moment in anticipation of the new stand going in.

So either they have had the nod from the planners there won't be any issue, or they are oddly confident that everything will be fine.

This could be classic #GasLogic

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If I read a post on their forum correctly, they are going to start to dismantle the temporary stands they have at the moment in anticipation of the new stand going in.

So either they have had the nod from the planners there won't be any issue, or they are oddly confident that everything will be fine.

Well it is quite breezy today, I suggest they just stay at home and let nature take its course.

If they don't get planning permission then just put them back up again in August.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

That’s a fairly standard procedure, to proceed at risk.

I am more than happy to take the piss but I’d be amazed if a structure of similar height doesn’t get formally approved in the end.

If they wait until it was officially approved they’d lose a lot of the summer.

It will still look shit, though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I am more than happy to take the piss but I’d be amazed if a structure of similar height doesn’t get formally approved in the end.

Indeed, but as @bert tann pointed out, the (admittedly rudimentary and amateurish) illustration they published appeared to show a structure almost twice the height of the existing tents. 

That's got to have a pretty big impact on the neighbourhood, so if due process is followed, it can't happen overnight.

If, on the other hand, they bully their way through the 'red tape', blaming NIMBYs and backward-looking councillors for any obstruction, I imagine gashead Marv will be able to expedite the necessary consents with near-miraculous speed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

it will be funny as fnuck if they don't get planning .

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

Well, another season of Gap Minding beckons. All in all it’s been another nine months of gifts being given, and their absolute **** of a manager just makes hating them all the more enjoyable.

Looking forward to resuming the mockery in August. Til then, Scum, see you next seas-oh, wrong. Again.

• Haha 8

10 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Well, another season of Gap Minding beckons. All in all it’s been another nine months of gifts being given, and their absolute **** of a manager just makes hating them all the more enjoyable.

Looking forward to resuming the mockery in August. Til then, Scum, see you next seas-oh, wrong. Again.

Nonsense! 

It's gap building time! Simply buy a season ticket for the ladies side and relegate the Fewers to the 4th most supported side in the region.

• Like 1

If Taylor ( £10Million ) cost £350,000 , how does that relate to £4m ?

"Bristol Rovers manager Joey Barton has declared that the £4million plus fee Burnley paid MK Dons for Scott Twine last summer is the “starting point” for any clubs willing to discuss the prospect of signing top scorer Aaron Collins."

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

"Bristol Rovers manager Joey Barton has declared that the £4million plus fee Burnley paid MK Dons for Scott Twine last summer is the “starting point” for any clubs willing to discuss the prospect of signing top scorer Aaron Collins."

"I'll start the negotiations by saying we want £100,000,000 for Collins"

"No"

"Ok, we will accept £250,000"

"Yes"

There you go, the starting point was £100m.

• Haha 3
  • Flames 2

18 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Just to confirm then , as surely they can't build a stand in 2/3 months

are they taking down one temporary structure and replacing it with just a bigger temporary structure?

They have got planning for a stand that faces away from the pitch.

8 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Thing is, their fans really do think they’re in a position to turn down something like £2m for him. Not that I think a champ club will take a punt of him tbh. But they’re in dreamland if they think they’ll get more than 2-2.5m. 

47 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Thing is, their fans really do think they’re in a position to turn down something like £2m for him. Not that I think a champ club will take a punt of him tbh. But they’re in dreamland if they think they’ll get more than 2-2.5m. 

If no championship clubs come in for him

All you will hear from the few is that he didnt want to leave the club and its fans which he loves so much

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

All you will hear from the few is that he didnt want to leave the club and its fans which he loves so much

I'd say they can't afford for him not to leave.

18 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

And if one does, I’d bet a lot of money on him bashing down the door to be allowed to leave 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Jesus. They just don’t know how to stop being funny…

Just what exactly were they celebrating?The fact the season had ended?Seven defeats in the last seven wasn't it?