IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I see the SAG's have agreed to take their first team to Melksham again for a pre-season friendly. Levels are similar. 

Haha, I did chuckle at the “promised to bring their entire first-team squad” - what a draw! ?

MTFC have a nicer ground than the Scum, too.

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

New Bristol version of monopoly is being launched. Unlike the current version, there is at least disparity between Ashton and the Memorial Grounds value…

But the Mem will triple in value when they have built their magnificent new cow shed stand. ?

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

In fairness to him, there's a lot of people from Bristol who don't really know the derby because it's so rare that we play them! I'd actually quite like us to get a cup draw against Rovers again at some point (although, as @Port Said Red said, it wouldn't be appropriate as a "friendly") as I think a more competitive derby rivalry would help get kids from Bristol supporting Bristol clubs instead of PSG, Man City, Liverpool or whoever else but, with derby games so rare, the first one we play after a decade would be a bit of a powder keg. 

Totally agree re wanting to play them in a competitive game, and the gap since the last one is generational, which is funny and relevant. 

I just think he is in for a major shock if he thinks this is some watered down, soft derby. I also think he believes he is the big draw, and bigger than the game itself. He’s not. They have to earn the right to play us, as does he. Next time they come the AG it will be anything but friendly. 

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I see Snakey has been released by Oxford. I reckon he could still do a job in League One and wouldn`t cost a lot in wages.

Just think, if they hadn`t sung songs about him dying every chance they get he might have thought about it. **** them now though.

Ahh well, apparently his career went downhill after he left Rovers according to the fewers…..

??

He may not have played every game for us but let’s be honest he’d never have played any Championship football with them let alone experienced playing in a League Cup quarter final against one of the biggest clubs in the World.

I bet he wished he’d stayed and continued to be a Gas legend” they crow, as if that’s anyones ambition in life or Taylor himself gives a ****!

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

Has the state of the art disabled section in the South Stand been taken down yet?

Untitled123.png

Behind this were a couple of portaloo's for the away fans and without doubt the worst smell you could ever smell at a football ground, in the same bracket as the Bristol Waste site by the fruit market, I shit you not. ?

Jesus H. Christ - looks like they've nicked the smoking shed from a local pub

I have never been to their ground and I suppose I always thought that there was probably a bit of exaggeration going on within OTIB to get a bigger laugh.

But....that photo........I never thought it would be that bad. Is the rest of it the same? I am honestly shocked and I can see now why they are so keen to start afresh.

6 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I see the SAG's have agreed to take their first team to Melksham again for a pre-season friendly. Levels are similar. 

Its a fund raiser for the lesser team,they are raising funds for Rovers new stand!

• Haha 1

I hope with the new stand it's given entirely to home support. First reasonable stand we get and it would be a shame to let away fans sit in it.

????

Im sure they’ll be totally gutted and looking on with envy if they aren’t seated in the new car port.

Edited by BCFC11
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I hope with the new stand it's given entirely to home support. First reasonable stand we get and it would be a shame to let away fans sit in it.

????

Im sure they’ll be totally gutted and looking on with envy if they aren’t seated in the new car port.

I swear I saw them saying it was going to be used as the old stand was so for away fans.

4 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I have never been to their ground and I suppose I always thought that there was probably a bit of exaggeration going on within OTIB to get a bigger laugh.

But....that photo........I never thought it would be that bad. Is the rest of it the same? I am honestly shocked and I can see now why they are so keen to start afresh.

It is literally a dump, a tinpot dump. I believe a visiting Milwall fan once commented that there was a shed, two tent stands and a cricket pavillion and that was just on one side! When visiting try to find the mysterious "Row M" seats. It's a trick question as they have the tickets but are Row M less.

9 hours ago, petehinton said:

christ 

What a bunch of arse licking replies he's got to that post as well. North Bristol? More like North Korea. 

He claims the planning permission is in, so when they don't get the stand up on time they will blame BCC when clearly the timescales were way beyond ambitious, it's what they do.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

wonder what took them so long to take them down,, a long time ago but last time i went camping,had the whole lot packed up back in the car in under half an hour

I can see those "stands" turning up at Glastonbury festival as the Brothers Cider tent.

2 hours ago, TomF said:

25 years ago.  Already booked the coaches to Wembley.  Oh.

Just about the only thing I can remember from my short lived and not very good City website is having a wonderful gloat about that result the following day!

12 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

wonder what took them so long to take them down,, a long time ago but last time i went camping,had the whole lot packed up back in the car in under half an hour

Quite a lot of rain over the week so they will need to air them elsewhere so the canvas can dry out before the peak wedding and festival season. Also the ground sheet. Might as well re water proof them at the same time.

14 hours ago, petehinton said:

christ 

There is hardly any depth behind the pitch to build a new stand. If the footprint of the ground remains the same, which it does, then the new stand can only be a similar size to the old tent. The only difference will be it extends across the full width of the pitch. It will have numerous poles supporting the roof so the main difference will be the roof will be metal instead of fabric. As the planned construction time seems to be a few weeks it must be a temporary giant Meccano set. This is hardly something to get excited about. 

• Like 1

I would assume that since they took the ground from the rugby club they no longer need the space for a rugby pitch in goal area that was behind the posts so they should be making use of some of that space for the 'stand'.

Trouble is a deeper stand means a higher stand. Having planning permission refused on height would throw quite a large spanner in the timescales.

44 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

There is hardly any depth behind the pitch to build a new stand. If the footprint of the ground remains the same, which it does, then the new stand can only be a similar size to the old tent. The only difference will be it extends across the full width of the pitch. It will have numerous poles supporting the roof so the main difference will be the roof will be metal instead of fabric. As the planned construction time seems to be a few weeks it must be a temporary giant Meccano set. This is hardly something to get excited about. 

Iirc Blackpool did something like that but they needed to when they got promoted to the premier league.

Obsessed or bitter much on ass chat?

No, nothing to see here…….

https://www.ashtongatestadium.co.uk/development-plans/

lympstonegas Avatar
That’s another 10 pages worth from Sh1!heads on otib

shame they got nothing going on over the sh** pit to talk about, so they find any negative they can with us instead, idiots

Edited by cider hoss rules
Link missed off

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Quite a lot of rain over the week so they will need to air them elsewhere so the canvas can dry out before the peak wedding and festival season. Also the ground sheet. Might as well re water proof them at the same time.

We have the Thatchers Gold song, the Pikeys have Fabsil Gold

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

lympstonegas Avatar

shame they got nothing going on over the sh** pit to talk about, so they find any negative they can with us instead, idiots

Good to see they're keeping an eye on us....?

On 12/05/2023 at 09:30, Baba Yaga said:

Has the state of the art disabled section in the South Stand been taken down yet?

Untitled123.png

Behind this were a couple of portaloo's for the away fans and without doubt the worst smell you could ever smell at a football ground, in the same bracket as the Bristol Waste site by the fruit market, I shit you not. ?

That looks like the shed at the hartcliffe way car wash, waiting for your motor to be cleaned.

• Robin 1

54 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

lympstonegas Avatar

I mean thats partly correct we do find a good laugh out of them. Meanwhile theres not anything they can say to us quite literally because we are superior in every way....apart from having more clampits in the fansbase.

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I mean thats partly correct we do find a good laugh out of them. Meanwhile theres not anything they can say to us quite literally because we are superior in every way....apart from having more clampits in the fansbase.

And less fingers on our hands 

Edited by CodeRed

1 hour ago, cider hoss rules said:

lympstonegas Avatar

Is that the upgraded toilet facilities? Bucket to piss in and a bowl of water to wash your hands.

Fancy stuff. 

• Haha 1

lympstonegas Avatar

Got nothing going on….except a great season, one of the best academies in the EFL and likely selling one of our best players ever for £25m+. Yeah I’m well bored ????

lympstonegas Avatar

Hahaha. Limp Gas. No doubt one of the majority at the Mem, endlessly droning out anti-City "songs" to avoid the reality that his team are losing to Exeter or Boreham Wood etc etc etc....

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Am I right in saying their new construction will include a concourse for outlets? Probably unlikely to contain a pet shop then, cos judging by those pictures it doesn't look like there's enough room to swing a cat...?

A few pop up wallpaper pasting tables with a tablecloth on, and jobs a good 'un. 

Popped in the Masons Arms in Stapleton earlier. They had a City sign up . As I took a photo, the Lady serving ( her son’s a Red )  asked if I knew the story. Turns out they turn the sign if one team wins and the other loses on a Saturday. So City have Pole position through the Summer.

IMG_7964.thumb.jpeg.530faf293a83af2e05b2659797504c0f.jpeg

IMG_7965.thumb.jpeg.f816c539688ec78eb23dfd0cf6e32bc3.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

It`ll take them a week or two to disinfect them as well. Punters at Glasto won`t put up with the same conditions their fans will.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Hahaha. Limp Gas. No doubt one of the majority at the Mem, endlessly droning out anti-City "songs" to avoid the reality that his team are losing to Exeter or Boreham Wood etc etc etc....

Lymp Wrist Gas is a special one. Have some sympathy will you….?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Popped in the Masons Arms in Stapleton earlier. They had a City sign up . As I took a photo, the Lady serving ( her son’s a Red )  asked if I knew the story. Turns out they turn the sign if one team wins and the other loses on a Saturday. So City have Pole position through the Summer.

Love that pub but then again, it is my local so I’m biased. Last Summer was horrible from a sign point of view. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BS3City said:

Am I right in saying their new construction will include a concourse for outlets? Probably unlikely to contain a pet shop then, cos judging by those pictures it doesn't look like there's enough room to swing a cat...?

There will definitely be room for a fake Fanta fountain 

6 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Don't like how they've done our lettering in blue and white ?

5 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

Don't like how they've done our lettering in blue and white ?

Why?  Blue used to be a hindrance...but it's not of any relevance now.

An away kit of Bristol Blue would be cool, as.... there is only one team in Bristol.

• Confused 1
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Why?  Blue used to be a hindrance...but it's not of any relevance now.

An away kit of Bristol Blue would be cool, as.... there is only one team in Bristol.

No team that plays in red would ever play in blue, or vice versa, that would be ridiculous ?

• Haha 2