IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

Wow!  Just wow!  How can anyone believe that tripe?

Despite the fact that he played for them I always had a grudging respect for him.

He made the most of the limited abilities he had and had a good career.

I echo the thoughts of others, social media is an utter cesspit and it gives a vehicle for people, particularly those with a profile, to spout whatever nonsense they feel like saying. It is particularly dangerous as the reach is potentially unlimited and people can ‘broadcast’ even when intoxicated or in distress.

That is very different to someone talking nonsense in the pub after too many Thatchers.

I am a little concerned about him.

4 hours ago, TomF said:

Social Media is a massive shitpit right now 

So I gather, which to my mind makes it even worse when it seems that you are excluded from content by clubs and businesses when you refuse to engage through Twitter and the like.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So I gather, which to my mind makes it even worse when it seems that you are excluded from content by clubs and businesses when you refuse to engage through Twitter and the like.

You don't have to engage, it is very easy to passively follow.

There's not a whole load of content that isn't available elsewhere anyway.

24 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

You don't have to engage, it is very easy to passively follow.

There's not a whole load of content that isn't available elsewhere anyway.

It's getting harder though. I've not been signed up to either Twitter or Facebook for ages, and the past few weeks/months they've made changes to restrict access to those like me who don't want to give them my personal details and the OK to deluge me with crap I don't want. Twitter particularly is all but inaccessible now. 

Take the second point though. Very often it's on here!!

Sleepy Sunday morning found me wondering if they had built their stand yet so thought I would have a look at slagchat.

The thread for the stand has slipped to page two, would appear they have lost interest!

Found another thread with some moans about a lack of updates but overall it would appear that, a few preparatory groundworks aside nothing has been done, and no sign of the planning permission being discussed by the council yet either.

Is it just me or does it seem completely insane that, with three weeks to go, they haven't started building the stand yet, let alone test events, safety certificates etc.?

No way is this going to be ready, they would struggle before Christmas, let alone early August.

With 400 season tickets sold for a stand that doesn't exist yet this has the potential to be multitudes more embarrassing for them than Row M.

• Like 8
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Sleepy Sunday morning found me wondering if they had built their stand yet so thought I would have a look at slagchat.

The thread for the stand has slipped to page two, would appear they have lost interest!

Found another thread with some moans about a lack of updates but overall it would appear that, a few preparatory groundworks aside nothing has been done, and no sign of the planning permission being discussed by the council yet either.

Is it just me or does it seem completely insane that, with three weeks to go, they haven't started building the stand yet, let alone test events, safety certificates etc.?

No way is this going to be ready, they would struggle before Christmas, let alone early August.

With 400 season tickets sold for a stand that doesn't exist yet this has the potential to be multitudes more embarrassing for them than Row M.

It's only a semi permanent structure, so I'd imagine they'd be able to get a team to knock it up in around a week.

The planning permission (lack of) seems farcical.! Why wouldn't you get that in place before beginning & removing the very limited seating that they did at least have in situ.?

It does all seem very odd indeed.

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's only a semi permanent structure, so I'd imagine they'd be able to get a team to knock it up in around a week.

The planning permission (lack of) seems farcical.! Why wouldn't you get that in place before beginning & removing the very limited seating that they did at least have in situ.?

Strange isn't it? Almost like the people at the top there haven't a clue about what they're doing. 

I mean it's not like Wael of Fortune has a history of failing to deliver on his promises, is it? 

Oh wait, no that's exactly what he has a history of. :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

You also have to remember this stand I believe was going to be used for away supporters.

So with the 400 odd season ticket holders and the inevitable influx of fans for the first day of the season it makes no sense that they wouldn't have got this sorted months ago.

For any other team perhaps. In the context of BRFC it makes perfect sense. If you wish for something hard enough, the Universe will provide and someone will give it to you FOC. Perhaps they could get the Royal Engineers Rgt in, don’t they build bridges in just a few hours?  I’m sure the Great British taxpayer would be thrilled to chip in to help everyone’s second favourite team. 

4 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

For any other team perhaps. In the context of BRFC it makes perfect sense. If you wish for something hard enough, the Universe will provide and someone will give it to you FOC. Perhaps they could get the Royal Engineers Rgt in, don’t they build bridges in just a few hours?  I’m sure the Great British taxpayer would be thrilled to chip in to help everyone’s second favourite team. 

A worthy project for the remake of Challenge Anneka?

2 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I know this sounds like a maths question and school's nearly out, but if we assume it takes a week to build the stand with one allen key, how long would it take 400 season ticket holders with an allen key each?

Some quick maths based on a 12 hour working days suggests it should take them about 12 minutes. No problem then.

A ridiculous suggestion - there`s no way Wally`s shelling out for 400 allen keys. That would cost at least a tenner.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Even semi permanent it will need a safety certificate, and that will include inspections, test events etc.

There just isn't the time to get all that done so far as I can see

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

My assumption was that they would sign the 400 allen keys on loan, not buy them ?.

There is that but the other option would be to buy them and. once the project is completed, sell them off individually to gullible loyal and true fans as a souvenir of the construction of one of the finest buildings Bristol has ever seen.

It would be like owning a spanner Brunel used to build the Suspension Bridge.

It does make you wonder if the saner gasheads (there are one or two) are thinking. "If we can't build one temporary stand on time, on a piece of land we own, with very little infrastructure to remove. What are our realistic chances of crossing the more considerable barriers to building a whole, permanent stadium?"

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There is that but the other option would be to buy them and. once the project is completed, sell them off individually to gullible loyal and true fans as a souvenir of the construction of one of the finest buildings Bristol has ever seen.

It would be like owning a spanner Brunel used to build the Suspension Bridge.

It REALLY wouldn’t ?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They won’t be the ones in charge of building it.

No more than they are now, Tom and Wael are hardly rolling up their sleeves and putting on the hard hats. The point is, they are adept at missing deadlines, the developer of the FM area will be watching this stuff carefully to see how reliable they are likely to be in any build.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Have they really not started building it yet?

I'm sure there were comments on the planning website saying that they had been digging big holes and stuff.

They've certainly mastered digging big holes for themselves.

Furthermore, their dump (pun intened) is one big sh*t-hole.

27 minutes ago, glynriley said:

They don’t half chat some shit over there…They’d sell out but not sure about us ?

IMG_1430.thumb.png.3a8993b1324b2e480814ea464ec02a37.png

The last time they averaged over 10k was in 1976, and even that was due to the 25k plus crowd when they played us on Good Friday.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, glynriley said:

They don’t half chat some shit over there…They’d sell out but not sure about us ?

In fairness, if they keep taking down stands  tents and then not being able to replace them then pretty soon they will be selling out.

And, to be even more fair, 'redevelopment' implies improvement, so they're already 25% there with what they've taken down so far. 

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And still banging on about the Grimsby game and how many made up fans they had there that day. They truly are deluded.

To be fair when they average just over 7000 at the swamp, taking 27000 to Wembley must seem a lot ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyna said:

To be fair when they average just over 7000 at the swamp, taking 27000 to Wembley must seem a lot ?

About a month after we took 42k to Wembley for a game of less importance….but yeah, it’s us that probably wouldn’t sell out our ground in the Prem 

#Gaslogic

• Like 3

3 hours ago, glynriley said:

Is this idiot Sag trying to suggest that Rovers would sell out a stadium the size of the Emirates or Old Trafford based on 27k going to Wembley? 

????

The gift….

Apparently we’re the deluded ones.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

49 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Is this idiot Sag trying to suggest that Rovers would sell out a stadium the size of the Emirates or Old Trafford based on 27k going to Wembley? 

????

The gift….

Apparently we’re the deluded ones.

Are we due yet another 'gas maths' lesson?

Gas 27000 =42000

City 42000 =27000

It's clearly obvious to them. ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Will they find anyone decent to erect the stand before Xmas, all the decent builders I know are booked up until the end of this year and some into next year.

It wouldn't surprise me if they had a builder lined up but it also wouldn't surprise me if same builder will be without staff until the new footy season whilst they go on holiday.

I suppose the club will need some netting behind the south goal otherwise the players will be knocking on the neighbours doors asking for the ball back from their gardens.

Could be a lot of added time in their home games.

2 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they had a builder lined up but it also wouldn't surprise me if same builder will be without staff until the new footy season whilst they go on holiday.

I suppose the club will need some netting behind the south goal otherwise the players will be knocking on the neighbours doors asking for the ball back from their gardens.

Could be a lot of added time in their home games.

If they cant build a stand maybe they would like to "go green" and plant a new hedgerow there - complete with these

Plantwatch: despite the stinging criticism, nettles are useful | Plants |  The Guardian

Edited by cityal

I expect they've had a quote from one of their handy retired tradesmen who has a B & Q card because he can get an OAP discount on Tuesdays.That new stand will only take a week to put up.  He's built the odd wall and can do the electrics and knows the difference between a left and right handed paint brush. It was he who dumped that left over championship ready tarmac at the ground. Bob the gateman recommended him. Cash only.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

At some point, will someone drag that pathetic excuse for a football club out of the 20th century?

There's no point in doing that, they don't want to.

The conversations I've had with sags tends to be "Holloway's coming back" or "it was great at Eastville, but can't remember the last time I went to a match", " I used to enjoy the derbies", " Geoff Bradford, he was a fantastic player" "that F A Cup run in the 50's what a team".

They don't seem to like it when they're brought back to reality when I tell them skeletor's not coming back, you got kicked out of Eastville as tenants years ago, you've played at two other grounds since. We haven't played you in a derby for years and because of the ever widening gap there's no point.  You're lamenting about someone who played for you over fifty years ago. That F A Cup run was approximately 70 years ago.

When it finally dawns on them that rovers are 5hit, I like to apply the coup de grace with a bit of history that Hitler saved the sags from re election in 1939. That tends to finish them off nicely.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

45 minutes ago, petehinton said:

God commanded Noah; This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be three hundred cubits long, fifty cubits wide and thirty cubits high.

That is, about 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high or about 135 meters long, 23 meters wide and 14 meters high and he did that in seven days.

Rovers; a precedent has been set!

Edited by 22A