IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Pisspoorblue might need reminding that 15 stole a rugby club’s ground and have somehow contrived to make what was already a crappy dump appreciably worse in the past 25 years.

Glad they recognise that getting into the Prem is a lot more difficult than getting into the second tier - doesn’t say a lot for them though, haven’t come close to achieving that since we effectively relegated them in Apr ‘93.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

"Disjointed out-of-town stadium" ?

Reading maps obviously not this fella's strength. 

Is this the easy access stadium that only has one small bridge access from the A4? That is due to be sited next to 3 x recycling plants, Bristol Water depot and the river. Not only that but the proposal from Congyer is for them to have a portion of the site, with the rest made up of residential and business space.

With the trainline bordering to the north as well.

How is this easy access? It's only if you get a train into Temple Meads and walk there. How many supporters are going to do that. 

If the Arena had problems right next to this site, how do they figure this sort of proposal is going to go down?

26 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Is he describing the Mem? How is Ashton Gate "disjointed" in comparison to their multi sectioned monstrosity?

That’s like Joey Sharton calling Neil from the Young Ones a vicious thug.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Is this the easy access stadium that only has one small bridge access from the A4? That is due to be sited next to 3 x recycling plants, Bristol Water depot and the river. Not only that but the proposal from Congyer is for them to have a portion of the site, with the rest made up of residential and business space.

How is this easy access? It's only if you get a train into Temple Meads and walk there. How many supporters are going to do that. 

If the Arena had problems right next to this site, how do they figure this sort of proposal is going to go down?

I live Arnos Vale side of Bris, and let me say I ******* love living there, but my god is it a bad place for a football stadium. Said on here a few times, but I frequently go down that way walking/voing to temple meads to get the train, and I genuinely couldn’t imagine many worse places for a ‘go-to’ event space. Let alone a football stadium. No pubs, no walk ways, no buses, no anything. They’re genuinely better off staying put. 

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I live Arnos Vale side of Bris, and let me say I ******* love living there, but my god is it a bad place for a football stadium. Said on here a few times, but I frequently go down that way walking/voing to temple meads to get the train, and I genuinely couldn’t imagine many worse places for a ‘go-to’ event space. Let alone a football stadium. No pubs, no walk ways, no buses, no anything. They’re genuinely better off staying put. 

2015 won't care.

As long as the Fruitihad is bigger than "Trashton", then they will all be happy.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

@petehinton I work on Feeder Road. The bottle necks around there are only going to get worse when the new University of Bristol Campus is built right next to where they want to build this stadium. Allied to the 3000 other student flats they are building opposite the nightclub on the corner of Cattle market Road and Feeder Road and the whole place will have to be pedestrianised soon.

The Gas are looking at the site now. Unfortunately in the next 2 years current redevelopment around Temple Meads that is being built at present (let alone a company that hasn't even put in a planning proposal) will completely change the dynamics of the area. There is a reason the Arena didn't end up there after all.

The site itself will be worth so much more money to Congyer for housing. You just know Rovers are going to get pushed out at some stage.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Interest rates continue to rise, house prices falling cost of materials is ever changing and there is a skills shortage.

If you were a developer, would you want to put all your eggs is a residential development basket at the mo

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Interest rates continue to rise, house prices falling cost of materials is ever changing and there is a skills shortage.

If you were a developer, would you want to put all your eggs is a residential development basket at the mo

Rob, as per my previous response to @petehinton

The whole area is changing and becoming a student quarter for the University (Old Sorting office next to BTM). 

If they were looking at the whole site to build the stadium on, then maybe it might work, but they're not. They're getting a corner plot apparently alongside more residential and businesses.

"Conygar’s plans are said to include a large-scale housing and urban development containing hotels, restaurants and other leisure facilities. Should negotiations with Rovers prove successful, Bristol Live understands there is a provision for a stadium with an initial capacity in the region of 17,000-20,000 with options to expand."

The whole proposal just reads like "Put this in, put that in. Let's just keep our options open on anything and everything". The only option missing seems to be a new ice rink ?.

Have they seen the size of that plot? It's not he biggest in the least.

Then there is the issue of the financing of the stadium itself. Which reads like Rovers getting conned by some sort of Nigerian General or Spanish Lottery type scam.

Edited by NcnsBcfc

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

"Disjointed out-of-town stadium" ?

Reading maps obviously not this fella's strength. 

That one seems to mistake 'good investment' for 'cheap'.

Just because you don't pay much for something doesn't mean you get a better return. When something is a total mess it means you need to spend a ****** fortune to put it right.

Do you think they will feature on one of those DIY rescue programs? Homes Under the Hammer?

14 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Yep he was massive in L2 for them, wasn't he? When they were in the bottom 2 after 3 months.

That season was basically the Anderson show from when he appeared in Jan. 6 months later he was playing in the Prem.

Is there some unwritten rule for the Gas (Possibly the "Tilson" rule) that they can't pay over £321k for player?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Yep he was massive in L2 for them, wasn't he? When they were in the bottom 2 after 3 months.

That season was basically the Anderson show from when he appeared in Jan. 6 months later he was playing in the Prem.

Is there some unwritten rule for the Gas (Possibly the "Tilson" rule) that they can't pay over £321k for player?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-connor-taylor-bid-8645407

So less than a Tilson, and unlike their sprinkler system, deemed not Championship ready by his current manager.

2 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Not according to these wet wipes…...

IMG_7471.thumb.png.0104947923ea6a787337cd950c9c73ab.png

The other possibility is that they appeared to have disregarded is that this new investor couldn't afford to buy Bristol City.

I think some of them think the new investor is the Crown Prince of Jordan or something due to some speculative horseshit posted by a user yesterday?

24 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Just seen an interview in the Post with someone called Luke Thomas who signed for them this summer...praising the fan base "every time we travel its a sell out" ??? FFS..is it part of their contract that they become pathological liars ?

Waelter Mitty in charge, what else can you expect.

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Let me take you back to your childhood when you couldn't resist the temptation to bite into a piece of plasticine.

I fear the Children of Horfield are about to experience a similar taste sensation. 

Hmmm... so does this cryptic wordplay mean you're not coming for us again? I'm struggling to keep up, to be honest. 

On 31/07/2023 at 13:58, GreedyHarry said:

So you know how they use distraction techniques to hide really bad news like, look we’re getting a new stand, or look we’re getting a new ground. 

Well they must be getting ready to deliver some bad news as this little rumour has its own thread over there. Look there’s a new investor ?

New investor

DrFaustus Avatar
DrFaustus
Reserve Team
39 minutes ago
kernowtoteend, stuart1974, and 2 more like this
An 82er mate of mine reckons we may be getting new investors from the Middle East. Just passing on the message and he's normally bang on with stuff, so please don't shoot the messenger.

If the last investor in the jesters from the middle east is anything to go by, expect more tents, lots of riddles and more deafening silence when questions are being asked. Oh, and a nice watch.

• Like 1

Haven't those morons also moved the turnip patch they play on away from the white elephant stand? So its highly likely that the Barnsley away fans will be sqeezed onto that 5hitty bit of terracing with half of it now beyond the pitch.  

14 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

2015 won't care.

As long as the Fruitihad is bigger than "Trashton", then they will all be happy.

It could be twice the size with a leather seat for every one of their plastic fans who suddenly come out of the woodwork but it’ll never be in their traditional heartland and it’ll never have the history that Ashton Gate has.

• Flames 1

42 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It could be twice the size with a leather seat for every one of their plastic fans who suddenly come out of the woodwork but it’ll never be in their traditional heartland and it’ll never have the history that Ashton Gate has.

Was it Darlington that built a ground far too big for them, then became a white elephant which lead to bankruptcy as well as dodgy ownership 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Was it Darlington that built a ground far too big for them, then became a white elephant which lead to bankruptcy as well as dodgy ownership 

With my serious head on, they should stay at the Mem, embrace the history of the ground, engage with the area, develop the ground properly. We are a distraction that is driving the thoughts of their supporters and short termism. They would be better doing their own thing, at their own pace. Develop the squad as an asset to become a regular top end of L1 club.

These things, when done correctly, do actually take time! They aren't being done correctly though.

33 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

With my serious head on, they should stay at the Mem, embrace the history of the ground, engage with the area, develop the ground properly. We are a distraction that is driving the thoughts of their supporters and short termism. They would be better doing their own thing, at their own pace. Develop the squad as an asset to become a regular top end of L1 club.

These things, when done correctly, do actually take time! They aren't being done correctly though.

Oh I agree, and that's how we would treat things,

City's ambition is to be the best and finish top half of the prem

Rovers ambitions is to finish 1 place above city,

That's what hold them back, they care more about what we are doing and not about what idiot owners have done to their club,

It's that short termism that got them relegated from the football league

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Please tell me where there heartland is now ,

when I was growing up ( not that I have in my head only my age ) there heartland was probably 

fishponds , Hillfields , Cadbury heath , frampton cotterill, yate ,patchway , Filton 

a few 50/50s Southmead , shirehampton , Henbury possibly southmead 

ihonestly couldn’t say any of them places are now fully pledged gas strongholds

39 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

As someone who lives close by, can I just say, this is bobbins.

The sooner they get some out of town ground the better - wonder if that site in Avonmouth is still viable?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

As someone who lives close by, can I just say, this is bobbins.

The sooner they get some out of town ground the better - wonder if that site in Avonmouth is still viable?

That’s too close , somewhere near Newport would be good 

• Haha 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

With my serious head on, I hope they go bust and disappear…..

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Newport, IoW please. 

As a resident of Southampton living very close to the Ferry terminal I cordially disagree.

Surely the USA has a perfectly servicable Newport? - Shouldnt affect their gates either "watch them from the pavements" and all that!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cityal said:

As a resident of Southampton living very close to the Ferry terminal I cordially disagree.

Surely the USA has a perfectly servicable Newport? - Shouldnt affect their gates either "watch them from the pavements" and all that!

Newport, Rhode Island would do. In fact they have the only grass court tennis tournament in the US, so the perfect sports ground for Rovers to steal...

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

Maybe he has been given a slap on the wrist by someone, EFL probably?!

A77596DA-B58B-43FF-BA89-75F650C36303.jpeg

The fact that he seems to think that he is unique in putting his own views on his own personal social media, shows what a self obsessed bellend he his.

Does anybody else feel the need to put that as a tagine on theor own social media.?!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I've been to Newport, RI - it's far far too nice for the 15ers!

My wife and I were in a bar there about 6 years ago and a group of about ten 20 somethings came in and it was like we had walked into a scene from the Breakfast Club, all "Todds", "Chads" and branded shirts and bow ties, and it wasn't even a celebration. :) 

58 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I've been to Newport, RI - it's far far too nice for the 15ers!

To be fair, that could be said for pretty much every destination on earth.

Struggling to think of anywhere that would benefit from their presence

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Screenshot_20230802_211535_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230802_211528_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230802_211523_Samsung Internet.jpg

So basically its the fault of the EFL for not allowing them to start with 2 away fixtures, Barnsley for not agreeing to swap the fixtures around and the local planning authority for not allowing them to build without due diligence.

Maybe, just maybe, it's because you are a pathetically run excuse of a football club, who struggle to construct anything that doesn't require guy ropes and have ultimately become a total laughing stock nation wide?

• Like 8
  • Flames 3

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

“The council are a joke, if it was City, it would have gone through months ago. Double standards”

I couldn’t agree more, double standards indeed - professional v tinpot

I noticed that tweet as well 

3 minutes ago, Keith Welch said:

Can they really get away with not providing disabled access for away fans? That surprises me to be honest, especially that Barnsley accepted it.

I'm sure someone could make an issue of this, but possibly they know they don't have any disabled supporters travelling? Didn't it only used to be a small area near the TV screen?