IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, TomF said:

And yet he was (and still is) an astute business man who bought and sold the likes of Trade it, Bargin Pages and Voucher Cloud. Probably for a combined profit of somewhere in region of £50-60 million. 

I always got the impression that the music wasn't much more than a hobby for him

12 hours ago, Hot Air said:

I can't be right on everything. I wasn't referring to averages, and accidentally referred to the 2021-22 figures, not those from last season.

Last season is actually a very bad guide, because they underachieved massively. 

Note that I was also referring to individual games, not the average.

See here: Charlton Athletic | Home Attendances | 2021-2022 | Football Web Pages

Two attendances in excess of 26,000. 

You Sir/ Madam are a complete c@nt of the highest order. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

That's a very polite way of saying that you agree that BROS were sh*te. I like it - unusually classy for a City fan.

I expect millions will think they were sh*te, simply because it just wasn't their type of music. Being a City fan or a Rovers fan thinking the same thing about a band an ex Chairman played the drums for really means the square route of eff all. 

Do you like every single singer, band who has sold millions of records. CDs, downloads etc?

Nice of you to admit we WERE a bit "tinpot" in your eyes 30 years ago, whereas your own poor old Rovers have never got away from that tag, and now hated by even more people across the Country due to your clubs morals and values.

Anyway, how is the planning going for the new megastand (with a concourse), maybe you can setup your promotional exhibition stand in there too and add your excellent flag, you must be so prowed.

Table.jpg

flag.jpg

Prowed.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

That's a very polite way of saying that you agree that BROS were sh*te. I like it - unusually classy for a City fan.

Unless you were a teenage girl in the early 90s there’s an overwhelming likelihood that you’d think BROS was shite ?

Ive never once heard a City fan claiming it as a badge of honour that our owner for a short time in that decade used to play keyboards for them (not drummer as you wrongly stated).

I’ve also never met a City fan that gives a shit who he played keyboards with ?

You’re utterly bizarre.

26 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

As are you. Not still here. Thought I'd check in and see if the intellectuals of OTIB had anything else to add. 

I can't work out if your postings on here are a form of masochism or plain old attention seeking.

If it's the former maybe you should go back to headbutting minibus windows.

If it's the latter maybe you should go back to licking minibus windows.

• Haha 1

Sorry @Hot Air you still haven't responded to the fact our average attendance is thousands higher than Charltons and despite various evidence online and all of us making you silly you still haven't responded on it. 

So what made you think Charlton had higher attendances than us and are you too weak to say you got it wrong? 

@Hot Air my Brother. One question. How can we help? Do you have a question you need answering? A view you want to share? I've had a look through your posts and it's just a selection of random and (mostly) unrelated statements. Put in one post everything you feel you need to get off your chest, we'll do our best to help out, and then you can spend your time doing something more productive and enjoyable than being a nuisance on an online forum. All the best.

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Sorry @Hot Air you still haven't responded to the fact our average attendance is thousands higher than Charltons and despite various evidence online and all of us making you silly you still haven't responded on it. 

Oh no, he did.

In amongst all the ******* rubbish about 90s boy bands and Steve Lansdown he says he actually meant that 2 seasons ago Charlton Athletic had 2 games where their attendances were higher than our highest attendances.

Hes actually gone away and researched that thinking it’s something that can be used as a stick to beat US with ?

Nobody knows why he felt the need to go to the trouble of looking this up or mention it on here?

Imagine talking about attendances when your own team haven’t averaged over 10k for 45 years and struggle to fill the tiny ground they have. ?

• Haha 5

Just now, LilRascal said:

I'm horrified to learn that people outside our fanbase know that our ex-chairman was a session musician approx. 35 years, how has this information leaked out?? I feel so ashamed.

Imagine how Hot Air feels…he was actually “embarrassed” by it ?

Even BROS fans don’t know who Scott Davidson is.

32 minutes ago, YattonCity said:

I see Roverzz are signing Jack Hunt.

Jack please don’t go there, you can do a lot better.

He was poor for us years ago and been on the slide since.. I'm happy hes going there, wages wasted for them hopefully.

2 hours ago, TomF said:

And yet he was (and still is) an astute business man who bought and sold the likes of Trade it, Bargin Pages and Voucher Cloud. Probably for a combined profit of somewhere in region of £50-60 million. 

@Hot Airprobably thinks that makes him a "vulture capitalist" too. He seems to equate the term to anyone who makes money.

I'm thinking that @Hot Air is one of those Bots rather than an actual human. There is no way (even for a Sag) that so many posts can be so ridiculous. It just isn't possible. Unless of course it is Joey Barton in disguise or the actual drummer out of Bros.

Trying to articulate posts and using points of reference that are just nonsensical. There are a few tolerated Sags that come on here and we all know who they are and for the most part offer some good insight and banter. They must be embarrassed by this pleb. If Hot Air is actually real.

The wife has just gone to my favourite supermarket which is Sainsbury (cue further Hot Air nonsense) for more supplies of popcorn. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

@Hot Airprobably thinks that makes him a "vulture capitalist" too. He seems to equate the term to anyone who makes money.

Wasn't his mob circling around Ashton Gate like "vultures" back in 82 hoping nobody would help us out, so they could steal another ground?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Thank God the school holidays are almost over......

As for Scott Davidson, he also appeared on Top Of The Pops once (in November 1990), can't be many people with City connections that have done so over the years

Incidentally, the real drummer in Bros, who wrote all the songs, is now a multi-millionaire manager for artistes like Anastacia, Beverley Knight and Imelda May and his music firm has offices in London and Los Angeles. Before that he ran RCA records.

Davidson was in a number of undistinguished bands in the 80s [as was I], was a tour keyboard player for the Pet Shop Boys and Bros thanks to a connection with the late Tom Watkins, manager of both groups, before setting up Trade-It when he was in his late 20s and having a highly successful business career. He's still only 60. 

The idea that because you can play keyboards well is some source of shame could only occur to a desperate and deluded 15er. Just like thinking having a nice watch means you must be one of the world's wealthiest men. 

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

That's ok, shades of Mark '16 appearance in 2 years' Little in this one

I was about to post the same.

Gone there as its Bristol and (both) has connections with the area.

Nice wind down job.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Incidentally, the real drummer in Bros, who wrote all the songs, is now a multi-millionaire manager for artistes like Anastacia, Beverley Knight and Imelda May and his music firm has offices in London and Los Angeles. Before that he ran RCA records.

Davidson was in a number of undistinguished bands in the 80s [as was I], was a tour keyboard player for the Pet Shop Boys and Bros thanks to a connection with the late Tom Watkins, manager of both groups, before setting up Trade-It when he was in his late 20s and having a highly successful business career. He's still only 60. 

The idea that because you can play keyboards well is some source of shame could only occur to a desperate and deluded 15er. Just like thinking having a nice watch means you must be one of the world's wealthiest men. 

Did he know any West end girls?

41 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Wasn't his mob circling around Ashton Gate like "vultures" back in 82 hoping nobody would help us out, so they could steal another ground?

The worst kind of "Vulture Capitalism", literally waiting to pick on the bones of an apparently dying carcass, but probably dismissed as a sensible business move by mr double standards. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think it's great that we can count amongst our chairmen and managers a successful musician, a film star, and an England national team manager.

It's much better than being a run of the mill club.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I think it's great that we can count amongst our chairmen Players and managers a successful musician, a film star, and an England national team manager.

Two plus an assistant.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I think it's great that we can count amongst our chairmen and managers a successful musician, a film star, and an England national team manager.

Pretty sure some of their players were extras in 'Porridge'!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Thank God the school holidays are almost over......

As for Scott Davidson, he also appeared on Top Of The Pops once (in November 1990), can't be many people with City connections that have done so over the years

The wurzels ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Absolutely, not many feature in two top bands, up there with Paul McCartney.

Incidentally, Scott once gave me the original words to 'West End Girls'...

Sometimes you're better off a s’head

There's a top gun in town and its messing with your head

You think you're mad, you’re in the stable

Punching horses and falling down tables

In a restaurant in a Tote End town

Call the police, there's a mad man around

Wait a minute he’s building our ground

To a dive bar in a Tote End town

In a Tote End town, a dead end world

The East End boys and Tote End girls

Tote End girls

Apologies, slow day at work!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Tote End girls

Nice effort Scrumpty!

No matter how slow your work day is mate I wouldn't suggest giving up the job anytime soon...?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Tote End girls

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

3 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Nice effort Scrumpty!

No matter how slow your work day is mate I wouldn't suggest giving up the job anytime soon...?

Good advice, will continue with the day job (erecting temporary stands), but don’t seem to have a lot of work on at the moment ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Robbo mate, stop talking nonsense.

You’re referring there to Craig (Ken) Logan, the one of Bros who wasn’t one of the Goss twins - and played bass. The actual drummer was Luke Goss, who went on to a moderately successful film career, but wasn’t a music manager.

Weve had enough nonsense on this thread without you adding to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

You’re referring there to Craig (Ken) Logan, the one of Bros who wasn’t one of the Goss twins - and played bass. The actual drummer was Luke Goss, who went on to a moderately successful film career, but wasn’t a music manager.

Didn't they go on to open a store chain called Moss Bros?

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Didn't they go on to open a store chain called Moss Bros?

Boom-tish!

But, seriously, as Bros were brought up it’d be remiss of me not to direct anyone who hasn’t seen it to their documentary “After the screaming stops”. If you thought LJ was Brent like, these boys are something else.

Few quotes here:

https://www.getintothis.co.uk/2018/12/the-bros-documentary-just-won-music-tv-programme-of-the-year-heres-24-of-the-best-quotes/

My favourite being “I made a conscious decision not to be superstitious because of Stevie Wonder”

IMG_1233.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/08/2023 at 18:03, pongo88 said:

In the interview Hussain Al-Saeed states that he hopes the developer will build the stadium for them in return for getting the Memorial Stadium site. Out of interest, does anyone know the value of the land at Horfield?  Rovers are talking about getting a 17,000 seater stadium but the figures don’t add up. As a comparison, York City’s new 8,500 capacity ground cost £44m to build, and work started on that 6 years ago. 

When I listened to the bumbling Wally interview with Geoff I swear that he said that Membley and the Fruitihad weren't linked in any way? Sounds like Wally hasn't had a chat with Hussain about this? Unless of course the whole thing is just a load of 'Hot Air'....which brings me nicely on to the next subject.....

On 16/08/2023 at 11:56, Hot Air said:

Do you talk about PL football?  I hope not, because you've never been in it. 

Every so often one deluded inbred breaks cover and attempts to take on the 'Dustbin Thread' regulars.

1982, Bros? When City were Tinpot etc etc - Do you have anything more up to date and relevant?, or are you simply buried deep in the past like so many of your deluded, dribbling, crayon munching comrades? 

Do you worship the Tote End and possess a "FTG" number plate by any chance?

Let's talk present tense instead.....

Your club is a 'laugh a minute' joke. - Recent Past and Present.

You haven't got a pot to piss in - Present

You have been in our shadow for nearly 23 years - Present

Your club is smaller than Peterborough - Present...seeing as you have been discussing attendances

Membley has a bigger pile of rubble than Fred Flintstone FFS!

Your club is the very definition of TINPOT and it's ******* hilarious.

Thanks for being the gift that continues to give and thanks for adding to our entertainment.

Mind The Gap Tinpot Bristol Rovers fan.

#Tinpot

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I feel ashamed to be caught out by a super Bros-fan like yourself, Silvio.

I'd only be more embarrassed if I'd claimed Charlton attendances were higher than City's or didn't understand what vulture capitalism meant, or didn't realise that touring musicians are not necessarily part of the band...     ?

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Didn’t Viz start the “Ken” stuff?

Had the last laugh, didn’t he?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'd only be more embarrassed if I'd claimed Charlton attendances were higher than City's or didn't understand what vulture capitalism meant, or didn't realise that touring musicians are not necessarily part of the band...     ?

Effectively, what you're asking here is...

When. Will I, will I - be shameless? 

No point looking in my direction for an answer. I can't, I can't answer that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

That’s ok mate - I bow to your knowledge of F!ve and Another Level so let me have this one!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That’s ok mate - I bow to your knowledge of F!ve and Another Level so let me have this one!

Another level? What like League One? And Five as in "Division Five"? Wouldn't that be Hot Air's field of expertise??

• Haha 2