IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Warnock finding one last way to wind up Bristol City fans would actually be pretty funny

There’s only one club in Bristol he has said he wanted to manage….and it’s not the Gas.

8 hours ago, glynriley said:

Oh no, he’s still going. Don’t do drugs kids…

Might be a refreshing change for him to manage players he wants in a squad he’s balanced and prove beyond any doubt he has the nous to take a team from nowhere to somewhere. He’d certainly get backing by both board and fans and that might sway him to do a job he’d actually enjoy for a while. We might just be a stepping stone in his journey back to the top flight but the longer you’re not in a role the easier it is to forget you.

They got more chance with Beatrix Potter. 

Who else does Terry F*ckwitt think is in the frame?

Mourinho is ex Chelsea? 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

B131D6C3-5AA8-4277-BF77-345ADF49BB3A.jpeg

One last narcissistic comment, if they improve their position it is because of him, if they do nothing then it's the next blokes fault.

How are they better off than when he joined? They have a squad with loads of players on their last payday waiting to retire, loans, and only one player that seems to be worth anything at all going by reports. Their wage bill is no doubt the highest they've ever had, and at the end of the season they have to start another seasonal rebuild. 

They are in a terrible position, and it will be interesting to see their finances when it comes to FFP.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Genuinely mixed emotions here. 

Reading their fans celebrate his wife beating case being thrown out on a technicality and genuinely worshipping a despicable man. His constant blaming refs and throwing players under the bus. His conspiracy theories. His excuses.

Joey Barton is a horrible scum bag. But he’s left a great legacy at their place. He’s spent fortunes on an aging squad like they’ve never known. And they’re certainly not better off. 

My prediction is that Joey will go the way of Le Tiss and Lambert and hit a downward spiral. I can only hope. He certainly deserves it. In many ways I despise Joey more than I do Bristol Rovers. He’s a horrible chap with horrible values - they’re just an unpleasant (and hilarious) football club. 

Bristol Rovers & Joey Barton 2021-2023. A match made in heaven. 

Dr Seuss once said, “Don’t be sad that it’s over. Smile that it happened.”

💯 

9 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Warnock finding one last way to wind up Bristol City fans would actually be pretty funny

Back in the day there was absolutely no love lost between Warnock and the Blue Few, around the time he managed Notts - Huddersfield - Plymouth.

Which is why I've never been able to dislike him that much, despite the so-called "football" some of his teams have played.

Hopefully he's still holding that grudge - wouldn't want anyone with his success rate as their new manager.  

18 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Attractive mind.... 😂

We must be a pretty attractive proposition.

New stand coming along.
Eulogised by many for our signings and team staff structure.
Had close to a mil to spend but messed it up.
Training ground that championship clubs train on.

It's certainly as attractive or more attractive than we've ever been.

That new "stand" is certainly a deal breaker, I'm sure Pep is considering his  future at Man City 😆

54 minutes ago, TheReds said:

One last narcissistic comment, if they improve their position it is because of him, if they do nothing then it's the next blokes fault.

How are they better off than when he joined? They have a squad with loads of players on their last payday waiting to retire, loans, and only one player that seems to be worth anything at all going by reports. Their wage bill is no doubt the highest they've ever had, and at the end of the season they have to start another seasonal rebuild. 

They are in a terrible position, and it will be interesting to see their finances when it comes to FFP.

He joined them on 22nd Feb when they sat 19th in League 1.

He leaves them in 16th in league 1 (2 points above 19th place).

They are in such a better place than when he took over - Joey says so.

1 hour ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

I don't think he would. We obviously have the banter with each other (the minutes booing when he passes away) but I feel that he has a weird respect for us and our fans.

As mentioned, he has stated publicly that he respects us and has said that we are one of the clubs he would have like to have managed.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Genuinely mixed emotions here. 

Reading their fans celebrate his wife beating case being thrown out on a technicality and genuinely worshipping a despicable man. His constant blaming refs and throwing players under the bus. His conspiracy theories. His excuses.

Joey Barton is a horrible scum bag. But he’s left a great legacy at their place. He’s spent fortunes on an aging squad like they’ve never known. And they’re certainly not better off. 

My prediction is that Joey will go the way of Le Tiss and Lambert and hit a downward spiral. I can only hope. He certainly deserves it. In many ways I despise Joey more than I do Bristol Rovers. He’s a horrible chap with horrible values - they’re just an unpleasant (and hilarious) football club. 

Bristol Rovers & Joey Barton 2021-2023. A match made in heaven. 

Dr Seuss once said, “Don’t be sad that it’s over. Smile that it happened.”

Absolutely spot on , just hope they employ another easily disliked piece of shite ( saying that I don’t think they could match our joey ) 

one thing that did surprise me with him was that he was never involved in any altercations / incidents with any city fans in and around the city centre ( don’t know if he actually stayed down here or went out in Bristol much ) just think he is the sort of character who would react badly to some jesting on a night out .

17 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

As mentioned, he has stated publicly that he respects us and has lsaid that we are one of the clubs he would have like to have managed.

Also says how good the atmosphere is at Ashton gate and how passionate we are and coming to the gate can be quite hostile , ( so there atmosphere bashers ) 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

He joined them on 22nd Feb when they sat 19th in League 1.

He leaves them in 16th in league 1 (2 points above 19th place).

They are in such a better place than when he took over - Joey says so.

With half the squad over 50 the other half loan signings 

• Like 1

Billy Davies is available and still only 59.

He sounds an ideal candidate to maintain Barton's legacy.

Not talking to the media, sacking long serving staff, employing personal cronies.  Yep, all very Bartonesque.

Davies' second spell [at Nottingham Forest] proved to be a controversial and damaging one.[9] He dismissed long-serving club staff without explanation, shouted at a photographer taking photos for the club's matchday programme after a match at Millwall, banned journalists as part of a "near media blackout", and employed his cousin, Jim Price, a suspended solicitor, as his closest advisor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Davies

And he's keen to return to management, this from last month.

BILLY DAVIES wants a return to football management — and is keen on a job in England.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23987963/billy-davies-management-return-forest-derby/

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Quote of the Day (so far)...

Reasons for signing

Left wing snowflake bedwetters have cost us the best manger we’ve ever had ��

• Like 1
  • Haha 16
  • Facepalm 5

10 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Pretty sure a few 6 fingered type, we’re wishing some awful things upon SC after his covid episode. SC would be mad to manage that lot. Lose a couple early on, you know the rest 

Confronted and abused when he took Shrewsbury there as well iirc.

Ffs don't do it Cotts.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

28 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Interesting ...

As a lifelong Bristol Rovers fan of 40 years, I've witnessed the ups and (mainly) downs of our beloved club. Few have had as positive an impact on our team as Joey Barton.  😳 
He left the club stronger than when he started, ( Low bar) aligning with our ambitions and earning the love of fans like us.
His magnetic personality attracted players we couldn't otherwise get, (did I miss someone ?) making watching Rovers not just a pastime but a great joy again.

Under his leadership, we saw significant improvements in player performance, club status, and league position. (joined 2 points above relegation spot in L1, leaves 5 points above relegation spot in L1, so I guess that's right )
His unique approach to management brought fresh energy to the club that was palpable both on and off the pitch. (in Courts and Police stations across the South West ?)

However, his departure has left a void that is unlikely to be filled adequately. We believe Bristol Rovers should rehire Joey Barton - for the sake of continuity, ambition fulfillment, and most importantly - fan satisfaction. (he forgot comedy value)

Let's bring back Barton! Let's make watching Rovers great again! Sign this petition if you agree that Joey Barton should return as manager of Bristol

The poll is gaining momentum .

Screenshot2023-10-27at11_45_54.png.0e69a939b90442e2bda9d72f8b0a72bf.png

38 minutes ago, redkev said:

Get signing boys we want him back even if gas heads don’t 😂😂😂

The share price of popcorn manufacturers will track the number of signatures to that petition. 🍿.

Only 32 so far, about a tenth of their home crowd then.

I would be genuinely staggered if that went anywhere, deep down they must know they are better off without him.

45 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Probably a good fit with/for SC. He's local. A League One manager as it were. Good experience getting out of that division.

Fack me they’ll be playing in red and white quarters next :laugh:

20 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Interesting ...

As a lifelong Bristol Rovers fan of 40 years, I've witnessed the ups and (mainly) downs of our beloved club. Few have had as positive an impact on our team as Joey Barton.  😳 
He left the club stronger than when he started, ( Low bar) aligning with our ambitions and earning the love of fans like us.
His magnetic personality attracted players we couldn't otherwise get, (did I miss someone ?) making watching Rovers not just a pastime but a great joy again.

Under his leadership, we saw significant improvements in player performance, club status, and league position. (joined 2 points above relegation spot in L1, leaves 5 points above relegation spot in L1, so I guess that's right )
His unique approach to management brought fresh energy to the club that was palpable both on and off the pitch. (in Courts and Police stations across the South West ?)

However, his departure has left a void that is unlikely to be filled adequately. We believe Bristol Rovers should rehire Joey Barton - for the sake of continuity, ambition fulfillment, and most importantly - fan satisfaction. (he forgot comedy value)

Let's bring back Barton! Let's make watching Rovers great again! Sign this petition if you agree that Joey Barton should return as manager of Bristol

What a cock 

18 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Interesting ...

His magnetic personality.....

Polar opposites push things away.

His unique approach to management....

Others don't manage this way for a reason, because they know it is bad for the club.

36 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Sign this petition if you agree that Joey Barton should return as manager of Bristol

Manager of Bristol?  I know he likes a scrap, but he knows even less about rugby than he does about football.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Mad that so many of them don’t want Cotterill

He’s a Gurt Ted.

They are pondlife, plenty are happy to have a jailbird thug as manager & ignore Hunt & Martin’s previous club but not a bloke who won the division they’re in with 99 points, lives here & is out of work.

Absolutely don’t deserve him anyway.

• Like 11

Last night on Radio Cambs they were discussing the future of J C-H. In August P'boro' thought they had lost him, but they needed the cash. Rovers mucked up that transfer so that forward was back in the Posh plans again. It was assumed he would transfer in the January window, but "Following developments at the Memorial Stadium, it's all up in the air again".

Meanwhile Posh still need the money, but are worried the next Manager might not want J C-H and his contract expires in June.

Idea fora jolly jape; have City sign him just to annoy gas heads. 😀

8 minutes ago, BS13 Robin said:

Lots of them saying that it was the worst decision the club have ever made,he was the best manager they have ever had etc etc,so far up Bartons arse they are coming out of his mouth!!

Wouldn't mind betting there will be a few stories of arguments on the terraces at the swamp tomorrow.

Seems to be a definite split in the fanbase over this, and saw one bloke who said he was returning now Jaily was gone, told he wasn't welcome..!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Wouldn't mind betting there will be a few stories of arguments on the terraces at the swamp tomorrow.

Seems to be a definite split in the fanbase over this, and saw one bloke who said he was returning now Jaily was gone, told he wasn't welcome..!!

Could be more exciting than watching their game,to be fair i have seen a few that are saying they will go back now,tells them something doesnt it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BS13 Robin said:

Could be more exciting than watching their game,to be fair i have seen a few that are saying they will go back now,tells them something doesnt it!

There's only one way to watch the Gas.

10 Look down at your feet.

20 Look up. If you can't see the pitch GOTO 40:

30 Rotate 30% clockwise. GOTO 10:

40 STOP: REM You are now facing the right way.

• Like 1