IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Is this not the team Joey and his faithfull followers (including some gashead mates of mine) were all proclaiming at the start of the season as the best squad they have ever had. Was this clearly untrue (unlike gasheads to exagerate) or is it true which means the bar is extremely low!!

13 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

Radio Bristol commentator says Rovers should be beating poor sides like Exeter!

What game was he watching?

Usual Radio Bristol they consistently say they were unlucky, should have won.

Face facts, they’re dogshit.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

What the hells going on at Wigan? They've just gone ahead in 90 plus 20.

17 minute stoppage due to a serious injury to a Wycombe player.

They really are in a rut, four league defeats on the spin, unable to fill their stand and missed out on a massive FA Cup tie. It wouldn’t be so funny if they just got on with their business quietly, but they really set themselves up for this mockery don’t they?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

8 pts off relegation, 18 to play, 8 of those teams are below them currently in 13th.

Can't see them going down but I hope Peterborough don't forget their away kit for last home game :)

Edited by chowie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, chowie said:

8 pts off relegation, 18 to play, 8 of those teams are below them currently in 13th.

Can't see them going down but I hope Peterborough don't forget their away kit for last home game :)

Imagine if JCH sent them down, then ended up joining them, flapper mk 2.

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Why does it seem that the smaller the attendance gets the longer it takes them to count it?

They count the actual number in the ground, then someone say times that by 2, but they have to wait until their kids wake up in the morning to work it out for them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

17 minute stoppage due to a serious injury to a Wycombe player.

I read that the referee collided with a couple of players and the lengthy delay was because they had to find a qualified referee in the crowd to act as the fourth official.

40 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Why does it seem that the smaller the attendance gets the longer it takes them to count it?

One guy does the odd numbers and another does the even ones.......the problem then is adding the two together

• Like 1

Just ventured on to a55 chat for the 1st time and I've spent 15 min reading the last few pages of the match day thread.  Wifey asking if I'm OK as I'm nearly crying. They really are in the sh1t. Gutted (not 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grubby said:

Just ventured on to a55 chat for the 1st time and I've spent 15 min reading the last few pages of the match day thread.  Wifey asking if I'm OK as I'm nearly crying. They really are in the sh1t. Gutted (not 😁

I went over too for a bit of entertainment and I certainly wasn’t disappointed.  The more they whinged, the funnier it seemed and it really was very therapeutic.

Hopefully it isn’t just a temporary slide and they really are as in the shit as it appears🤞

Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy😌😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

No news of the attendance, then ?   It MUST be shit !

There’s a very good chance that the aggregate crowds from their last three home games won’t match what we got against West Ham. 

TTTTTTTTTTTTINPOTTTTTTTTAHHHHH…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

So they didn’t even fill it enough to reach their test event threshold?

Jesus wept 

Sub 7000 fans, absolutely massive.

Blue “half” of Bristol? Myth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 2

Gaschat is more amusing than usual at the moment, quite a few of them are having some significant doubts about the new owners who aren't just NOT spending money, but they're PRETENDING to spend money giving the impression that all is ticking along nicely whilst not delivering anything - safe in the knowledge that the DIY stand they can't fill must show how serious they are about doing stuff. 

I'm sure they'll kick a few signings over the line and make their squad more competitive, but if you were an agent, you'd be negotiating an 'avoiding relegation' bonus in to any contract rather than a promotion bonus.

My guess - 3 years from now, they'll still be lower league, the Mem will have had a few more licks of paints and the club will be knee-deep in 'ground development' borrowing with no obvious way out. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Isawjonshaw said:

Some folk I know who were sat in the away section of the new stand when a family of gas heads sat among them!  "Dad, I think we're in the wrong stand" was heard before they shuffled off!  

Brilliant.

Ok, I think we'd better mooove!

19 minutes ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

I will give credit to the fans that went last night given the conditions (and Exeter seemed to bring a fair few).

But for "the best fans in bristol" to get sub 7k is absolutely laughable. The cowshed was meant to bring fans not turn them away.

Credit? Well yes to a point, but around 3000 of them have disappeared when the going got tough, i.e. couldn't be bothered to walk up the road. While over 500 Exeter fans made a lot longer journey to see a team they haven't seen win away for months. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Sub 7000 fans, absolutely massive.

Blue “half” of Bristol? Myth.

Those revolting “quarter” shirts symbolise what they believe to be their share of the supporter base in Bristol.

But they need to be more honest with themselves and divide those grotesque colours into eighths (at the very best).

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

I will give credit to the fans that went last night given the conditions (and Exeter seemed to bring a fair few).

But for "the best fans in bristol" to get sub 7k is absolutely laughable. The cowshed was meant to bring fans not turn them away.

Give credit to the Exeter fans, absolutely…but most of the Gas live local.

I’ll wait until officially announced before laughing but if that’s the true figures it’s pathetic from a club who bang on and on about their supposedly huge, loyal fanbase.

Its ok though, I’m sure Oxford will fill their new stand for them.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Give credit to the Exeter fans, absolutely…but most of the Gas live local.

I’ll wait until officially announced before laughing but if that’s the true figures it’s pathetic from a club who bang on and on about their supposedly huge, loyal fanbase.

Living local to the Mem, I can assure you that 'most Gas live local' isn't true.

You see more kids wearing City shirts walking around Gloucester Road than you do kids in Fewer shirts. Same goes for the pubs. Granted, outside of a match-day none of the pubs in the area are overly 'football', mostly they're generic 'student friendly' places which may show Premier League games, but given they've played at Eastville, Bath and now the Mem, they're far more spread than they'd want to admit.

Locally, more people who like sport live give the impression that they'd rather see the Bears than the Fewers. 

• Like 3

Perhaps the owners are more savvy than Gas fans are crediting them with.

Unsure about just how much potential is there, they build a cheap stand but big enough to make a difference then sit back to see how many turn up.

If they fill it, then continue to expand. If not then no point in building more stands.

It is actually the reverse of the Costner film. If they don't turn up he won't build more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2