IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, bert tann said:

7468  ( 512 )

South Stand 62%

Isn't Rovers vs Exeter considered the be a bit of a west country derby? (in the same way City vs Plymouth is) I know you have a stronger rivalry against Oxford, Swindon and Newport (and Wycombe, is it?) - but surely a west country derby against Exeter should get a lot more than that!! Fair play to the 512 from Exeter though.

‘ The Owners Son is pulling all the strings - its almost as if Daddy has bought him a play thing and he is clueless , arrogant and rude to the staff - I am told from an absolute nailed on source that morale is very very low around the club ‘

Blimey , now I thought this was somebody talking about ‘Our Jon’ , .....until I came to the word arrogant and rude , I don’t think anyone could accuse him of being , even close to arrogant or rude , as far as I’ve seen

And at least ‘Our Jon’ has at least some experience in what is involved , and a Father who certainly has , whatever their decision making , and a father who actually is a billionaire

If what that SAG claims is true ....... good luck ! ...... Car crash en route

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Hmmm 1

38 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Living local to the Mem, I can assure you that 'most Gas live local' isn't true.

You see more kids wearing City shirts walking around Gloucester Road than you do kids in Fewer shirts. Same goes for the pubs. Granted, outside of a match-day none of the pubs in the area are overly 'football', mostly they're generic 'student friendly' places which may show Premier League games, but given they've played at Eastville, Bath and now the Mem, they're far more spread than they'd want to admit.

Locally, more people who like sport live give the impression that they'd rather see the Bears than the Fewers. 

Yep, I live around there too. Among my near neighbours, the only people who I know to have any interest in local football are another City season ticket holder (as am I), a lifelong Rovers fan who rarely attends games, and an exiled Crystal Palace fan from South London, who goes to watch the Rovers occasionally just to see a game. 

BS7 is (thankfully) not a gas heartland, if such a place even exists any more. 

We’ve got our own Massimo who turned up and made a mess of Leeds.

Everyone at the club knows it was Abdullatif who pulled the plug on the JCH deal, I was told this by an employee of Peterborough as well. 

11th December I said the owners son had stopped hotel accommodation for the Crewe away game and our management was upset……….prior to this I said we had no one to take training because Mangs and Whelan had walked out, Whelan did first. 

Abdullatif offered Robinson, Monk and promised Mangs the job, the latter is why Whelan downed tools, false promises. 

Finely comes out publicly to the media and says the manager needs help with his own team.

Matt Taylor had to beg and move heaven and earth to get Jamie McAllister in, he’s cheap as well! 

No Head of Media at the club, cut back on this wage. We’ve interviewed people from Div1 and 2 clubs, messed one individual around, we are talking proper minimum wage stuff and he said no!

Businesses asked to move to 90 days credit account terms, I know this for a fact. I knew this when I left the forum, I am glad Gasehead81 has exposed this now on the Chris Martin thread. 

Chris Martin protected himself last night, he has a wife and young family. Let’s not blame Gorringe again, he’s now a glorified PA.

Matt Taylor said he thought the deal was done, he’d have asked about Martin on Monday when preparing his side. Let’s not kid ourselves, he knows what is going on. That was a professional subtle dig last night, remember how DC did it, same situation.

Everything at the club, a pot of Nescafé or a new door handle has to be signed off by this new regime. 

Bridgwater Gas will come on and say I’m making it up again, Radio Bristol and Dan Hargreaves also know what is going on. 

I hope the media start to do their jobs properly, when statements are made about us going to the Premiership, simple questions need to be asked like, how? targets years? 

…………….”we may spend a little this window” on the way off his Premiership statement, alarm bells then. 24th Jan, nothing, manager publicly admitting he doesn’t know what is going on, we’ve got our own Cellino running the club now. (4 players left us as well this window)

BTW, banter/abuse about me posting again, don’t waste your energy, I just want Abdullatif Al Saeed to feel some pressure and to start running this club properly. Conteh was just about to sign, again his Cellino style has let in Ipswich, Blackpool and Peterborough now, we had the deal done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

The turnover of players Barton got in and out was excessive. Unsustainable. Now the new guys don’t seem to be living up to expectations. 

I really hope it goes tits up for them. 

That was because every year he had to rebuild his squad as he relied on the loan market. It was quite a clever ploy by him, fill the squad with loan signings, then say 'I need 9 new players' - Wally lets him sign them, he then needs a dozen games to get them playing how he wants at which point they are mid-table enough that they couldn't justify sacking him based on team performance.

The fans seemed to love being a feeder club for various Premier League sides and assumed that 'Joey had the contacts', they overlooked the fact that to actually progress, you need experienced players alongside your own developing players and the odd loan signing. Not a squad with talented players who know they'll be going home at the end of the season. 

5 hours ago, bert tann said:

7468  ( 512 )

South Stand 62%

Fair shout for posting those figures Bert👍Serious question as you’re of the blue and white persuasion though.

I thought the fans were getting really excited about their first new stand in literally generations, so would have been clamouring to actually try it out.  How the hell after announcing it as a test event with the benefit of a local derby, then reducing ticket prices to try to get people in, do they still manage to fall so far short of the 75% minimum?

You always come across as sound as a pound when you come on here and are always welcome.  The following comments certainly don’t apply to you, but what you thoughts are on how that went so badly?

That stand debacle last night just typifies what I detest about gasheads in general.  Constantly bigging themselves up and telling anyone who’ll listen that they’re so much better than ‘da shit’ and are the loyalist and bestest fans in the world, then when they have to actually put up or shut up, they fail dismally like last night.

We constantly hear them claiming they take more fans away than City, or if they had a bigger ground, they’d pack them in.  How can they then fall so pathetically short of getting a small but brand new stand even 75% full in a test event in a local derby?

Your fans have shot themselves in the foot so many times over the years, but this one takes some beating.  As I said, absolutely no reflection on you but, as for your fanbase 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

6 hours ago, bert tann said:

7468  ( 512 )

South Stand 62%

Yep, thanks for posting, as painful as it probably was.

A reality check for fans and owners alike.

Between you and me I expect that if this test event had been on a warm Saturday in September, with the cheaper tickets, 75% fill would have been achieved.

Hence this comes down to the back room planning of the stand. If the stand had been planned correctly you wouldn't have a test event in the middle of a storm in January.

There is probably a joke somewhere about the stand being busy due to cattle being kept indoors in winter, but as it is you Bert, we will leave that for another time.

It’s not just transfers.

As 81 says there’s contractors not being paid. 

The facilities at the new south stand were a joke last night. 

Food outlet closed as no way of making payment. New toilets with barely visible signs on them and no soap or paper towels to wash and dry your hands. No coffee as there was no hot water. 

The milk in my coffee at the Blackpool game was off and absolutely rancid. 

These are just the basics.

Then you have the state of the recruitment department and the ever shrinking number of staff causing people to take on the work of 3 people. 

It’s early days but the signs aren’t good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

How could the away numbers have only been 512 when they’d sold 803 2 days before the game? 

Is the 512 the ones counted into their cowshed ?

Dunno, they don't post attendance figures as far as I can make out - unless its 10k+ of course.

Edited by bcfc01

£32 for a concession ticket to watch 3rd division football ?

No wonder their attendances are abysmal.

"Seniors ticket for Oxford game - Sat 27 Jan - seat in West Stand. Sell at face value - £32. E ticket. Perhaps DM me."

Sag.png.f9e9a1154d5a08a546f05ed29be37ca3.png

🤣 Asschat 🎁

Honestly, it's better than therapy over there.

More pennies dropping than the Weston Amusement Arcade

Team is shit, Ground is shit, Nobody wants to join them (players or staff), no talk of the play-offs just the fear of relegation, infighting on the board, selling the ground and Da Quarters for profit, it's the end of the world as they know it.

We've known it for decades.....thick inbred *****!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Living local to the Mem, I can assure you that 'most Gas live local' isn't true.

You see more kids wearing City shirts walking around Gloucester Road than you do kids in Fewer shirts.

Having also lived near the Mem I agree, it was great to see other City fans on Gainsborough Square waiting for the bus to the Gate and I never saw too many Gas shirts around.

When I said ‘local’ though I meant Bristol in general, ie they didn’t have to drive up the Motorway or worry about the last train south being cancelled due to weather related issues.

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

Fair shout for posting those figures Bert👍Serious question as you’re of the blue and white persuasion though.

I thought the fans were getting really excited about their first new stand in literally generations, so would have been clamouring to actually try it out.  How the hell after announcing it as a test event with the benefit of a local derby, then reducing ticket prices to try to get people in, do they still manage to fall so far short of the 75% minimum?

You always come across as sound as a pound when you come on here and are always welcome.  The following comments certainly don’t apply to you, but what you thoughts are on how that went so badly?

That stand debacle last night just typifies what I detest about gasheads in general.  Constantly bigging themselves up and telling anyone who’ll listen that they’re so much better than ‘da shit’ and are the loyalist and bestest fans in the world, then when they have to actually put up or shut up, they fail dismally like last night.

We constantly hear them claiming they take more fans away than City, or if they had a bigger ground, they’d pack them in.  How can they then fall so pathetically short of getting a small but brand new stand even 75% full in a test event in a local derby?

Your fans have shot themselves in the foot so many times over the years, but this one takes some beating.  As I said, absolutely no reflection on you but, as for your fanbase 🤦‍♂️

And prowedest, Briz....can't forget prowedest!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

It’s not just transfers.

As 81 says there’s contractors not being paid. 

The facilities at the new south stand were a joke last night. 

Food outlet closed as no way of making payment. New toilets with barely visible signs on them and no soap or paper towels to wash and dry your hands. No coffee as there was no hot water. 

The milk in my coffee at the Blackpool game was off and absolutely rancid. 

These are just the basics.

Then you have the state of the recruitment department and the ever shrinking number of staff causing people to take on the work of 3 people. 

It’s early days but the signs aren’t good.

Their new owners “Premiership dream” is looking on track..

Hopefully, the new owner is an asset stripper who moves them to Cheltenham or Swinetown for a few years whilst the ground is being redeveloped, then announces an about turn and flogs the lot leaving them homeless  all the while reducing spend on the club as they fall back towards being #nonleagueroverzz#

Yes, I hate them that much.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder how much of this is true, and how much in bobbins.

Cellino Al Saeed | Bristol Rovers GasChat Forum

There is talk on there of them making a bid the doesn't meet the release clause in some lower leasgue players contract and have missed signing him as a result

Apparently the release clause was less than a Tilson.

Is it normal for players below the Premier League to have a release clause? If so, might some of our players have release clauses?

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

There is talk on there of them making a bid the doesn't meet the release clause in some lower leasgue players contract and have missed signing him as a result

Is it normal for players below the Premier League to have a release clause? If so, might some of our players have release clauses?

I'd only think that someone using a club as a stepping stone, someone sure he's better than the level of the Club he joins just to make sure he can not be held to ransom when there is interest.

Like Matty Taylor when he was with them , clearly thought he was better than than and if they waited for the £10m they valued him at, they would still be waiting now . But they could have kept him until the end of his contract.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'd only think that someone using a club as a stepping stone, someone sure he's better than the level of the Club he joins just to make sure he can not be held to ransom when there is interest.

Like Matty Taylor when he was with them , clearly thought he was better than than and if they waited for the £10m they valued him at, they would still be waiting now . But they could have kept him until the end of his contract.

I had momentarily forgotten the hilarity that was meeting the Matty Taylor clause!

• Like 2

Surely Rovers didn't post this job spec: https://www.fish4.co.uk/job/15758607/financial-controller/

Bristol Rovers Football Club (BRFC) dates back to 1883, following a meeting of five young men at a restaurant on Stapleton Road, in the Eastville district of the city. Since then, we’ve won the Gloucestershire Cup 32 times, the Third Division South Cup in 1932, the Watney Cup in 1972 and have been Football League Trophy finalists twice.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Attendance now being reported as 8543. No indication yet of the Exeter support. 

Peak Les Kew vibes..

”Today’s attendance is 13,208, BOO..”

”Today’s attendance is 14,823”…

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

Surely Rovers didn't post this job spec: https://www.fish4.co.uk/job/15758607/financial-controller/

Bristol Rovers Football Club (BRFC) dates back to 1883, following a meeting of five young men at a restaurant on Stapleton Road, in the Eastville district of the city. Since then, we’ve won the Gloucestershire Cup 32 times, the Third Division South Cup in 1932, the Watney Cup in 1972 and have been Football League Trophy finalists twice.

They are looking for some to elevate their financial systems to Championship levels, it won't be just the sprinklers for long!

20 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

If what that poster is saying is true then they seem to have got themselves into a little bit of a pickle 😂

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

Between 9 and 10,000 . Guaranteed :) 

You're the voice of reason Miah, what noises you are hearing from over there, it's all very much doom and gloom on Gas Chat, is it as bad as many on there are making out?

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

🤣 Asschat 🎁

Team is shit, Ground is shit, Nobody wants to join them (players or staff), no talk of the play-offs just the fear of relegation, infighting on the board, selling the ground and Da Quarters for profit, it's the end of the world as they know it.

Tis a sad, sad day indeed when Boob Cricket FC cannot source any fresh milk.

• Haha 1

Just now, TV Tom said:

You're the voice of reason Miah, what noises you are hearing from over there, it's all very much doom and gloom on Gas Chat, is it as bad as many on there are making out?

Same as any other club really. Couple of wins, everyone bangs on about promotion, couple of defeats, everyone wants the manager sacked. Last night, the first half was grim as was Saturday, but December- and away to Norwich and Barnsley this month there were impressive performances. Could we be dragged into a relegation battle? Absolutely, Exeter outclassed us in the first half last night. Will we get pulled into it? I don't think so, lower mid table is my guess.

• Thanks 1

What most fans want is a club heading in the right direction and some honesty from the owners. We can't all be in the PL.

We know that if the sort of rumours on Gaschat become real, things tend to get worse before they get better.

No fresh milk is not an indicator, but losing out on decent players and cancelling team hotels for away games is not a good look, if true.

6 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

What most fans want is a club heading in the right direction and some honesty from the owners. We can't all be in the PL.

We know that if the sort of rumours on Gaschat become real, things tend to get worse before they get better.

No fresh milk is not an indicator, but losing out on decent players and cancelling team hotels for away games is not a good look, if true.

I hadn't heard any of this, but just caught a bit of what is being said on the forums, I have no idea if there is any truth in it.

However, I know a few of you aren't happy with Lansdown and am more than happy to swap.

You know just how the debate they're having about their new owners is going to play out.

Someone will say something challenging, someone else will get the hump, someone else will say that they've got first-hand-knowledge of a situation and then their 'moderator' will get twitchy and shut the thread down, but only after banning a few people.

If there is one thing they don't allow over there, it's a conversation! 

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

🤣 Asschat 🎁

And I feel fine !

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

Hopefully, the new owner is an asset stripper who moves them to Cheltenham or Swinetown for a few years whilst the ground is being redeveloped, then announces an about turn and flogs the lot leaving them homeless  all the while reducing spend on the club as they fall back towards being #nonleagueroverzz#

If Heineken made films.....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder how much of this is true, and how much in bobbins.

Cellino Al Saeed | Bristol Rovers GasChat Forum

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

I’ve said for years, the gas majority are happy to stick their heads in the sand and hope all works out well in the end.  I think if the shit they’ve put up with happened here, people would mobilise and the bedsheets would be out in force. Protests, fan ownership etc is never on their agenda.  

If those ITK’s are correct, they are screwed. 

46 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

There never was, you could see there was very few in that enclosure opposite !

I think a lot of people transferred to the South to escape the rain. It didn't work though, I was in Row G and got soaked, it was a grim old night in more ways than one .

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Why do they need fresh milk, when they've got stale Fanta? 

7 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I’ve said for years, the gas majority are happy to stick their heads in the sand and hope all works out well in the end.  I think if the shit they’ve put up with happened here, people would mobilise and the bedsheets would be out in force. Protests, fan ownership etc is never on their agenda.  

lets hope the last bit happens

8 minutes ago, Rocky said:

lets hope the last bit happens

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think a lot of people transferred to the South to escape the rain. It didn't work though, I was in Row G and got soaked, it was a grim old night in more ways than one .

It's grim up North (Bristol)

I'm all for taking the piss about attendances, booking hotels in Liverpool, Row M, fake Fanta, flouting planning rules etc. All for that.

But.

I can't laugh at or find any joy in an owner running a club, any club, into the ground and out of existence. Whatever the history or banter is, we should not make light of this kind of thing.

Our own club will undergo a change of ownership in the near future and I would hope we don't find ourselves in a similar position.

Football is about laughs, rivalry, and banter, and for that to happen we need clubs to laugh at, to rival, and to banter with.

That's my piece on it.

Now. 7,500 fans. ******* hell boys sell some tickets already!

• Like 12