IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Posted (edited)
On 24/05/2024 at 14:15, Harbourside35 said:

On 24/05/2024 at 14:15, Harbourside35 said:

Bristol rovers 😂

IMG_5698.jpeg

FFS! Talking about disabled fans and differentiating them from "normal" fans! I guess at least they're accommodating the "abnormal" fans with their requests for season cards. 🤦

Edited by Steve Watts
  • Facepalm 1

On 28/05/2024 at 18:04, Silvio Dante said:

Boob Cricket?

Dumbasses on Love Island?

What have I just watched?

You can watch the whole series pre-match in the supporters club bar at the Minimal....

13 minutes ago, adamski said:

I just found this whilst sorting through the detritus of my life… A nice memento of an absolute thumping🤣 

IMG_9411.jpeg

Crikey, a 4p stamp! 😀

On a serious note, thanks for posting, I've never seen a 'cover' before.

41 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Crikey, a 4p stamp! 😀

Correction a 4.5p stamp Prices used to be pennies or half p even. These days shops and businesses round up to the nearest 5 or even 10p.

Royal Mail issue special stamps every month and come complete with a special envelope.

1 hour ago, adamski said:

I just found this whilst sorting through the detritus of my life… A nice memento of an absolute thumping🤣 

IMG_9411.jpeg

My first ever derby, 2 days before my 10th birthday. This may be a failing memory, but as I recall it was very much a game of two halves, with the wind playing a bit of a part?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

My first ever derby, 2 days before my 10th birthday. This may be a failing memory, but as I recall it was very much a game of two halves, with the wind playing a bit of a part?

Very windy, especially up the Tote🤣

Second half was a romp, a Christmas Cracker(as I’m sure Roger “the cliche” Malone will have said

44 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Had a flat on Fishponds Rd, so elated I crossed Eastville Park and on up to home with my City scarf raised aloft, just didn't care (nor did any other sags, obviously) !

19 minutes ago, Old School B block said:

My mistake as I didn’t realise he said that. 

👍  Sorry if I over-reacted to your original comment.

I just think that Barton is a thoroughly unpleasant man and anyone needs to check carefully before agreeing with anything that he says.

He typifies the worst of the sorry state of "debate" in this increasingly polarised world. By all means disagree with Gary Lineker. And argue with him, put a different point of view, if it comes to it just agree to disagree. But there's none of that for Barton...just straight in with the abuse, and pretty unpleasant personal abuse at that. It's what you'd normally expect to be telling a 6 year old kid in a playground isn't acceptable.

Rant over!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

The thing is a walking parody these days. 

Screenshot_20240602_000830_X.thumb.jpg.38e350546e8dc40a534118a82830ef2f.jpg

I think he missed the scouting section on "good fit" . 
Imagine any women team reading through his Social Media . It's one thing getting qualifications , that's the minimum for the Job , then they would want someone to be a good productive influence on the team .
I'd say that being investigated for violence against his own Wife, junior team mates , opposition Managers and players . Verbally attacking Women and the women's game on various platforms , being found to have Libelled Jeremy Vine and accused of bullying young employees , isn't high on the "qualities required " list.

Not to forget , when he compared Annie Aluko the Fred West ITV responded with ..

'Football is for everyone.'

Joey thinks not and his response was 

'Shut up you ****ing idiots. Keep them off the tele. They’re ruining the game for everyone of us.

So one of these points may have harmed his chances , put them in a CV and ........

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I think he missed the scouting section on "good fit" . 
Imagine any women team reading through his Social Media . It's one thing getting qualifications , that's the minimum for the Job , then they would want someone to be a good productive influence on the team .
I'd say that being investigated for violence against his own Wife, junior team mates , opposition Managers and players . Verbally attacking Women and the women's game on various platforms , being found to have Libelled Jeremy Vine and accused of bullying young employees , isn't high on the "qualities required " list.

Not to forget , when he compared Annie Aluko the Fred West ITV responded with ..

'Football is for everyone.'

Joey thinks not and his response was 

'Shut up you ****ing idiots. Keep them off the tele. They’re ruining the game for everyone of us.

So one of these points may have harmed his chances , put them in a CV and ........

Plus, his grasp of the English language and grammar leaves something to be desired! 

Barton is like a kid who has just found out what “I love you” means and is now going round calling everyone in the playground a I love you. What is noticeable is that you don’t see him abusing people who have the tools to give him a good slap the next time they bump into him.

• Like 3

On 01/06/2024 at 15:13, adamski said:

IMG_9411.jpeg

Was this the game when one of ours took a long range, wind assisted shot in the second half which hit the crossbar, rebounded and went in off 'keep bill Irwin's backside?  If so, I watched this match from a packed Muller Road End! 

On 01/06/2024 at 16:31, Sleepy1968 said:

Crikey, a 4p stamp! 😀

Thanks for sharing, but does anyone know who scored City’s fourth goal?

It’s been bugging me.

A player whose last four letters of his name are ‘iton’, so neither Tainton or Skirton.

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Thanks for sharing, but does anyone know who scored City’s fourth goal?

It’s been bugging me.

A player whose last four letters of his name are ‘iton’, so neither Tainton or Skirton.

Pretty sure it was a young Mr Tainton 

4 minutes ago, adamski said:

Pretty sure it was a young Mr Tainton 

Yes, that seems correct.

I have now been able to expand the cover and the smudge hides a bit of the letter 'n', which I can now see is not a letter 'i'.

37 minutes ago, adamski said:

Yup - see it all here, inc. the highly average Mr Malone

I think I said before when his name came up, I literally have no memory of Joe Durrell, yet I was obsessed with City in those days.

3 hours ago, adamski said:

Yup - see it all here, inc. the highly average Mr Malone

Bristol Rovers 1, Bristol City NAUGHT. Who, apart from Roger Malone, ever said “naught”?

• Haha 3

i used to love it in the eastend when the htv cameras were there. all game long in spells , 'we all agree, roger malone is a ,,,,,,,,' or piggy malone, all in jest but very loud every time, then listening sunday afternoon see how many times it didnt get cut out😆

• Like 4

3 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

i used to love it in the eastend when the htv cameras were there. all game long in spells , 'we all agree, roger malone is a ,,,,,,,,' or piggy malone, all in jest but very loud every time, then listening sunday afternoon see how many times it didnt get cut out😆

I remember Roger coming into the Wedlock’s back bar for a half before a game, he took some serious abuse with a smile and a laugh! I still wonder how he managed to hold down his job for so long, must have been really cheap or had something on his boss🤣

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think I said before when his name came up, I literally have no memory of Joe Durrell, yet I was obsessed with City in those days.

TBF didn't make many appearances, got on a free from WHU, yet on one of the old Big Match reruns he was MOM for them, strange .

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Bristol Rovers 1, Bristol City NAUGHT. Who, apart from Roger Malone, ever said “naught”?

Haha !

Malone always pronounced players names differently / incorrectly as well.

Most pronounced Steve Ogrizovich as "Oh-Grizz-Oh-Vitch"

Not Malone, "Ogg-Rizz-Oh-Vitch" was his interpretation.

😂

• Like 1

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/22501/rotherham-over-30s-club

I do find it amusing to see that the fans of the Bristol City Footballers Retirement Home Team, see fit to criticise other sides for signing experienced players. 

One poster even says "it's not a model we could follow". No mate, that's because you have been leading the way for a couple of seasons. :)

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, myol'man said:

My old man said be a R*vers fan.....

I said .... ... ........ ..... . ....!

As it's a bit quiet on here, what other R*vers piss take songs do we know? 

If I had the wings of a sparrow 

If I had the wings of a crow - Chris Crowe!

I’d fly over Eastville tomorrow 

And p*ss in the bastards below, below

etc 

(for the benefit of younger OTIBers, Chris Crowe was a City player of that era) 

Edited by pongo88

I did go for a quick glance over on their forum the other day, and they've been debating their youth development. A few of them have some bright ideas, such as looking at players who've been released from other clubs and seeing if they could possibly do a job for them, either now or over the next couple of seasons, but then there was a comment that might - or might not - have any weight to it.

One of them pointed out that as they don't have a under 23s side and they don't have the sort of budget to 'collect' players, the "£150 or £250 a week" they'd get paid could be better used elsewhere.

Now, assuming - for the sake of argument - this individual was talking about players with an apprentice status, they'd be paying them the basic apprentice wage of £6.90 an hour for either a 20 or 40 hour week. If they were on 'Pro' contracts, they'd be guilty (AGAIN) of failing to pay minimum wage. 

Long story short, #GasMaths is up there with #GasLogic

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

etc 

I remember it as 'ass of a crow' and 'sh*t on the bastards below, below.'

• Like 4

As I was walking down Stapleton Road

Singing, singing

City are the Champions

Saw Don Megson lying there

Aye- oh, Aye-oh

I said to him what's up my friend

He said the East End's here again

Singing singing

City are the Champions

Singing singing

City are the best.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, myol'man said:

My old man said be a R*vers fan.....

I said .... ... ........ ..... . ....!

As it's a bit quiet on here, what other R*vers piss take songs do we know? 

Rovers Rovers you're w@nkers

that's what we all think of you

To the tune of Clive Dunn's "Granddad"

Edited by southside
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

etc 

Send Chris Crowe to Mexico

Alleluia

Send Bert Tann to Vietnam

Alleluuuia

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's one I remember from the school playground when I was about 8.

We had joy we had fun, we had Rovers on the run

But the joy did not last, 'cos the bastards ran too fast

From Terry Jacks - Seasons in the Sun (and based on an original composition by Jacques Brel).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

From Terry Jacks - Seasons in the Sun (and based on an original composition by Jacques Brel).

I remember the playground song...

We had joy, we had fun,

We picked bogies in the sun,

But the sun was too hot, and the bogies turned to snot.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, trickydickiecardigan said:

Chuck Fred Ford off the Avon Gorge... hallelujah! Think he went to the manage sags after us hence the line!!

IIRC, Fred Ford was a coach at Rovers before he was appointed City manager. Can anyone confirm or disprove this? 

If you're tired and weary

And want to test your fate

You'll get your f****** heads kicked in

If you come down Ashton Gate

When you come in the East End

You'll hear a mighty roar

**** off you Rovers bastards

It's you we're looking for.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Indeed, Le Moribond.

Whilst Terry Jacks version was quite jolly, Jacques Brel's was really morose, worse than some of Leonard Cohen's offerings.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

As I was walking down Stapleton Road

Singing, singing

City are the Champions

Saw Don Megson lying there

Aye- oh, Aye-oh

I said to him what's up my friend

He said the East End's here again

Singing singing

City are the Champions

Singing singing

City are the best.

Brings back special memories of that era.....

IYKYK

• Like 2

10 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

No, he was sag's coach then City boss, then sag manager .

I think your memory is playing tricks on you Starti.  Bert Tann was Rovers manager from 1950 to 1968.  Fred Ford joined us in 1962 and was sacked after the Blackpool game in 1967.  He joined Rovers the year after when they sacked Bert Tann.  

36 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:

One I remember not Rovers related if a time scored against us was the shout of “You’re going in the river” sang to the away fans 

Hmmm.

Back in the mid 1970s, I was one of a small group of five at The City Ground, when a (very) large group of Forest fans started singing the same thing to us.

Having witnessed the full and fast flowing River Trent en route to the ground, I am sure I was searching frantically in my coat pockets for a set of water wings.

• Haha 1