IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

29 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Losing their star player…..to a team in the same division, for a grand fee of £450k. Blimey. 

Having completely over valued him, they are now desperately clinging on to the idea that they will get much, much more with add-ons. 

They did get him for nothing though, so it's not a bad deal for a player in the last year of his contract.

On 03/07/2024 at 15:04, Wanderingred said:

Eeew. Somebody get out the disinfectant.

IMG_2296.png

He looks like that dopey C@nt on that photo being chased by a Police Horse on the Mem pitch after Mansfield relegated them wearing a Gss away kit.

He’s a guy on YouTube called Ry’s Football Paradise, he’s a (typical) Man United fan, born in Hereford, now living in Cheltenham!  He does tours of grounds, he did the same thing with a Burnley scarf outside of Ewood Park for one video.

He’s a bit of a nause, but the videos aren’t a bad watch, he’s actually quite complimentary about the Gate if you watch the video, although he does make a valid point that the range of merchandise in the shop is crap! When you see other clubs shops on his videos, you’ll see that even AFC Wimbledon are streets in front of us.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2024 at 11:15, BS15_RED said:

He’s a guy on YouTube called Ry’s Football Paradise, he’s a (typical) Man United fan, born in Hereford, now living in Cheltenham!  He does tours of grounds, he did the same thing with a Burnley scarf outside of Ewood Park for one video.

Doesn’t he have any friends?

What a way to spend your leisure time.

• Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, Unan said:

The retirement home is expanding 

A poundland Alex Greenwood tribute......

What you can't see is what's she's writing on the contract - 'send help'....

I heard the inside story of the Jamie McCallister incident yesterday. Classic.

For legal reasons I can't share on a public forum, but if you see me at Weston on Saturday I'll give you a blow by blow account! 

9 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I heard the inside story of the Jamie McCallister incident yesterday. Classic.

For legal reasons I can't share on a public forum, but if you see me at Weston on Saturday I'll give you a blow by blow account! 

Ha I wanna know

5 minutes ago, City Mike said:

I’ve been told he gave one of their players a Glaswegian kiss. 

Yeah heard much the same, to one of the Liverpool mafia who tripped him up, but could be all gospel 

On 08/07/2024 at 16:37, BanburyRed said:

A poundland Alex Greenwood tribute......

What you can't see is what's she's writing on the contract - 'send help'....

My niece, beautiful girl inside and out and they didn't mention she was with England up through the years.

4 hours ago, City Mike said:

I’ve been told he gave one of their players a Glaswegian kiss. 

3 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Yeah heard much the same, to one of the Liverpool mafia who tripped him up, but could be all gospel 

Yep, thats the story I've been told from inside the camp.

Wonder if the fewers will revive their pay a billion quid entry and get unlimited free booze in the room with the clean curtains, for the final?

Evidently, the previous ones have been so successful, they haven't needed to re advertise the events.

21 hours ago, myol'man said:

Some green eyed monsters on there

The Fishponds point is the most important one.

Not my part of the city but assumed it was one of their few remaining heartlands.

If they are losing places like that to us then they are ******, great, isn’t it?

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Not my part of the city but assumed it was one of their few remaining heartlands.

If they are losing places like that to us then they are ******, great, isn’t it?

YouGov latest poll gives a 25% swing to City !

On 10/07/2024 at 11:22, wheretheheartis said:

My niece, beautiful girl inside and out and they didn't mention she was with England up through the years.

No offence intended with my comment.

3 hours ago, redkev said:

Didn’t realise Rovers away kit was orange and they were playing a friendly in Germany , all those gas heads locked out 👀

On the topic of their away kit, what is this monstrosity?

IMG_1586.png

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I’m not sure it matters where in bristol nowadays, even in old rovers heartlands…..the majority of kids who chose to support a local team will go with city, I’d argue 75%+

the level we have been playing at and teams we play, the extra exposure, the stadium are all factors, and the fact that the old regular rivalry has not been seen for 20+ years. 

I live in the north of the city, Stoke Gifford/bradley Stoke area and if I see a shirt, 9 times out of 10 it’s city

• Robin 2

32 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I’m not sure it matters where in bristol nowadays, even in old rovers heartlands…..the majority of kids who chose to support a local team will go with city, I’d argue 75%+

the level we have been playing at and teams we play, the extra exposure, the stadium are all factors, and the fact that the old regular rivalry has not been seen for 20+ years. 

I live in the north of the city, Stoke Gifford/bradley Stoke area and if I see a shirt, 9 times out of 10 it’s city

Just came back from holiday and day 1 saw a bloke in Rovers gear. I said you lot are obsessive about wearing your colours(he literally was a walking club shop every day) & he replied “well least we’re not embarrassed to wear our colours like your lot!”   He then proceeded to tell me that he’d met at least 4 other Shitheads whilst here & I said well that’s representive of Bristol these days.

My Nextdoor neighbour (nice bloke) is exactly the same as everyday he is wearing some Rovers merchandise, so am I just unlucky or is this standard from the Gas?

7 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Just came back from holiday and day 1 saw a bloke in Rovers gear. I said you lot are obsessive about wearing your colours(he literally was a walking club shop every day) & he replied “well least we’re not embarrassed to wear our colours like your lot!”   He then proceeded to tell me that he’d met at least 4 other Shitheads whilst here & I said well that’s representive of Bristol these days.

My Nextdoor neighbour (nice bloke) is exactly the same as everyday he is wearing some Rovers merchandise, so am I just unlucky or is this standard from the Gas?

It's the same inferiority complex (Look at me, "I'm here too!!") as the Welsh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Just came back from holiday and day 1 saw a bloke in Rovers gear. I said you lot are obsessive about wearing your colours(he literally was a walking club shop every day) & he replied “well least we’re not embarrassed to wear our colours like your lot!”  

Judging by the number of City shirts I see being worn out and about in NORTH Bristol Im not sure how this walking toilet you were speaking with has come to the conclusion that we’re ‘embarrassed’ to wear our colours? 

I rarely see Rovers shirts so draw your own conclusions as to whether that’s due to lack of fans, embarrassment or both.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red DNA said:

Not that classy, probably Severn Beach!

Severn Beach is lovely, and Shirley's is a great for coffee and cakes.  You have a lovely view of the new bridge, and a good view of Avonmouth. Great for walking the dog along the promenade, and unlike some inferior places, he is allowed on the beach.

The premier beach resort of South Gloucestershire is a lovely day trip.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/07/2024 at 10:22, wheretheheartis said:

I was more surprised they acknowledged her time with us.  Usually we're airbrushed out of their history.  Must be actual adults in charge of the womens account I guess.

On 11/07/2024 at 08:06, Oh Louie louie said:

Some of those comments on that gas thread about passing ha ha, what would they know about that, ive only ever seen them playing long ball tactics for nigh on forty years 

Some of their comments about passing had me thinking that they really haven't been paying attention to us over the last year.  Passing the ball around at the back with little attacking intent sounded very familiar to me.

It's really petty and I should be above such digs but ...

Just seen City have sold 5,000 tickets for the Bar and fan Village for Sunday.

Remind me how many did they sell for their "bottomless game" ? (** many terms and conditions did apply ) was it 8 ??

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Judging by the number of City shirts I see being worn out and about in NORTH Bristol Im not sure how this walking toilet you were speaking with has come to the conclusion that we’re ‘embarrassed’ to wear our colours? 

I rarely see Rovers shirts so draw your own conclusions as to whether that’s due to lack of fans, embarrassment or both.

“Walking toilet” 😂😂😂😂😂

Another priceless description from POH !

Hahaha !!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

“When you drive into the training ground and you see the place, you can tell this is a proper club with a lot of ambition." So says some no-mark they just signed from Rotherham .  Maybe he aught to take a look at the HPC !

Then he realised the taxi driver had taken him to the wrong postcode and location....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

“When you drive into the training ground and you see the place, you can tell this is a proper club with a lot of ambition." So says some no-mark they just signed from Rotherham .  Maybe he aught to take a look at the HPC !

Let's see what he thinks after he's been to the actual ground..!

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Well he probably said that as he wouldn't want to compare the two grounds, would he ?

Screenshot2024-07-13at08_56_29.png.78114ee8de8729ba37b5f906a65f7cc9.png

• Haha 1

On 11/07/2024 at 17:18, JBFC II said:

On the topic of their away kit, what is this monstrosity?

IMG_1586.png

Screams Sunday Regional League Division Four..

• Haha 1

Every new Gas signing talks about "The Potential and the plans for the future etc etc".

The reality is, that just like we've all spoken about on this topic before, the Gas have been wanting to build a new stadium for over 40 years. But for whatever reason have never been able to get it over the line. Hmm...

They have no Academy or Development team, the training ground is a pitch and a cabin. There are no floodlights there and they have to stop training early there from Oct onwards when it gets dark.

The Players get sold a dream that just never ever happens. Now they are on about redeveloping the Mem. Rather than knock down that East Stand that has about 500 seats in it, they are building temporary stands either side of it. Everything is done on the cheap, that side of the ground with the massive Car park would be easy to redevelop, but no, put up some scaffolding again.

To be fair, at least Taylor has had some thoughts about the signings this year. Bringing in potential, rather than Scousers who used to play for Fleetwood or 33+ year old "Experienced" professionals looking for a last pay day, who get injured almost straight away.

It'll be interesting to see how they do this year, a lot of decent teams in League 1 and they still only have a squad of about 21/22 players with as I've previously said no development team (under 21s) to fall back on. Rovers are still incredibly light numbers wise. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Every new Gas signing talks about "The Potential and the plans for the future etc etc".

The reality is, that just like we've all spoken about on this topic before, the Gas have been wanting to build a new stadium for over 40 years. But for whatever reason have never been able to get it over the line. Hmm...

They have no Academy or Development team, the training ground is a pitch and a cabin. There are no floodlights there and they have to stop training early there from Oct onwards when it gets dark.

The Players get sold a dream that just never ever happens. Now they are on about redeveloping the Mem. Rather than knock down that East Stand that has about 500 seats in it, they are building temporary stands either side of it. Everything is done on the cheap, that side of the ground with the massive Car park would be easy to redevelop, but no, put up some scaffolding again.

To be fair, at least Taylor has had some thoughts about the signings this year. Bringing in potential, rather than Scousers who used to play for Fleetwood or 33+ year old "Experienced" professionals looking for a last pay day, who get injured almost straight away.

It'll be interesting to see how they do this year, a lot of decent teams in League 1 and they still only have a squad of about 21/22 players with as I've previously said no development team (under 21s) to fall back on. Rovers are still incredibly light numbers wise. 

"the training ground is a pitch and a cabin."

That is a bit unfair ... what about the Cryogenic Therapy Centre?

Blue_10_grande.jpg?v=1673270159

• Haha 8

16 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

If he's after ambition he would have been better off staying at Rotherham 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

There are no floodlights there and they have to stop training early there from Oct onwards when it gets dark.

You have just conjured up an image of the players cars around the pitch with their headlights on, like parks football. :)

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Haha 2